Start by marking “Gasping for Air (Game Day, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gasping for Air (Game Day, #2)

Gasping for Air

(Game Day #2)

How far will Trystan go to win the heart of the man he loves? All the way.

Trystan Matherly is conceited, arrogant, and rich. He has plenty of money, athletic ability, and gorgeous looks to keep the men forming a long line just to be with him. Choosing his next lover has been as simple as down-selecting to the hottest candidate.

Until Dakota.

With his sad eyes, full lips, and
ebook, 1st
Published April 21st 2017 by Painted Hearts Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gasping for Air, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gasping for Air

Wendy
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wendy by: Elsbeth
Awesome re-read ;)

First I want to thank Elsbeth for bringing my attention to this book...thanks sweetie !!

It has been some time since I've read the first book in this series and I loved it....I didn't expect I would love this one even more, but I did. I loved every single page, which is saying a lot, because this book is freaking long :P

1cb71bc07a4e05ec792f8b53f84a8065.gif (412×225)
One of the reasons I loved this one so hard, was Trystan. I really liked him in the first book, but he was amazing in this one. Now don't get me wrong...Dakota
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI am not a HUGE fan of this cover to be honest. Yes, it's a good representation of the story, but I am not digging the font used or the place of the author's name. I think the sidebar thing throws the composition off and the author's name would have looked better under the title and the tagline. I also believe a thicker font would have looked better as well.description

descriptionI really struggled to decide on a rating for this one. I enjoyed it a lot overall. There were a couple of issues that I will address in a bi
Jan
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jan by: Elsbeth
**** 4.5 Stars ****
Susan
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hurt-comfort, mm

While this was definitely a book worth reading, it was also long. So so long. And I don’t necessarily mean page wise (although it’s not a short book with 456 pages), but boy, did it feel long. I sometimes thought it would never end.

That being said, I did like this book. I think I could have loved it even more if it were at least a 100 pages shorter. Especially the first half felt very repetitive at times. And I’m all for hot kinky sex scenes, but this book could have used a little less
Elsbeth

Read for the 3rd time.

description

I just can't help it... Needed some asshole Trystan again. Plus.. Man in speedo... C'est tout!!! .

**********************************************

Re-read; 2017, August 7th

**********************************************

1rst read; 2017, June 23rd

Sometimes you read a book that's just got all the perfect ingredients.
This was one of them.

The perfect amount of sassiness, hurt & comfort. It ticked all my happy and unhappy boxes.

I loved Tank (Trystan) already in this first i
Amanda
I can't believe Tank and his Speedo boy is already released months ago and I didn't know about it! Apparently my stalking skills isn't as up to par. But this Book 2 is definitely up to par with Book 1, or I daresay even better? Alex and Lincoln story centered more into Alex's new found sexuality and emphasize heavily on the BDSM scene. I still cringe thinking of the device and props that Lincoln used. However, Tank and his Speedo boy story is more emotional, intense and a little bit kinky.

I know
Theresa
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was just CRAY CRAY! Both MCs plus the ex-boyfriend were all kinds of messed up. The drama was OTT.

I liked Trystan. He was obsessive and controlling, but had good intentions and a good heart. He was a great hero too. Dakota had more issues than those from just one traumatic event. He had years of emotional abuse behind him. His character became tiresome and I stopped caring about him.

There wasn't enough relationship development for Trystan and Dakota to become more secure with each oth
I~❤️~Books
❤ 4.5 Stars ❤
Jenny Wood
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay… So, where to start….

First, let me start by saying that I was not away when I came into this that it was a 2nd book. I didn’t read the first one, but fear not… it didn’t take anything away from the story for me. I did okay, keeping up even though we see the friends who were in book one… I could still fallow along.
So, okay, now, we have Trystan, a.k.a. Tank, football extraordinaire/ cocky jock/big man on campus/every stereotype of all those things that I just mentioned all rolled into one. S
Makhda

(view spoiler)
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4 Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author and Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Genre: MM Contemporary Romance
Part 2 of an ongoing series

My Gasping for Air Review . . .

So I didn't realize this was book 2 in the series and I started to regret not reading the first one, but then I got hooked on Dakota and Trystan.  So much that I couldn't put the book down, so now I have to go back and read Touchdown so I can get Lincoln and Alex's story.

Trystan Matherly is the star foot
Alex
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So this is a re-read.

After RL Took me from my book obsession for a few days, I jumped head first in this beautiful story.
I LOVED Dakota. I ADORED Trystan and there is honestly not a thing that I didn't like in this book.

So. Meet Trystan. Football star, about to sign for the NFL. Filthy rich. 'Prince' of Texas Football, thanks to his Parents. Arrogant, Stalker-ish and HOOOOT.
Well, Trystan is also the most adorable man out there. I usually am not a huge fan of 'jocks' and all of his personality tr
Katerina
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
Rounded up to 4 stars.

The book was perfect up to about 80%. Then it came to stumbling - a few plot holes, too long monologues, and a bit of medical nonsense, which slowed my pleasure.

(view spoiler)
Ash
May 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, omg-review, dnf
DNF @ 6%

"Six percent?" You may ask. "But Annie, you didn't give it a fair shot!" And I hear you. I do. I usually try to go at least 50% in before deciding if I will actually DNF. But I just couldn't with this book. I don't usually go into a lot of detail with a DNF review unless I have strong feelings, and with this, I do.

Here's the premise: Trystan, a big, huge, beefy football star, has a crush on Dakota, a member of the swim team. Dakota doesn't appear to be interested in Trystan, but he's cru
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(3.75 stars)

So when we last saw Tank at the end of Touchdown, which is book one of this series, he was lusting and LOL "admiring from a distance" after one of the guys on the swim team. Tank just needs to get him to a) notice him b) fall for his charm and c) agree to be his love slave. But just getting Dakota to notice him is becoming a bigger problem than Tank would have thought it would be.

Dakota keeps his head down, and goes about his business. The less people notice him t
Pallavi
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I feel compelled to actually review this book cause am so damned conflicted about it. "Gasping for air" is one hell of a ride and I don't say this lightly. This book covers a lot of issues and some seriously graphic content. (I can't remember if there was a warning cause I dove straight into the book and while I knew what was coming it still didn't prepare me enough. I really hope there's a trigger warning somewhere at the start)

There's a lot to love about this book so I'll just get into the rea
Kimmers of Kimmers' Erotic Book Banter
Teaser

Gasping for Air by T.S. McKinney’s is an intense addition to her Gameday series.

There’s this deep, heavy angst throughout Trystan and Dakota’s story. But, just as I would feel my heart beat faster, my toes start to tap and my breathing start to increase, McKinney would swoop in with one of her hot sex scenes, and I do mean hot, and ease my anxiety.

I sort of felt what Trystan was feeling. The turmoil, the confusion, the frustration, tempered by passion.

At about 320 pages you better be pre
Amanda
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abuse, bdsm, heal-comfort
I enjoyed Gasping for Air but not as much as Touchdown. I found myself skimming about 30% of it and I feel the Evan (fuck stick for lack of a harsher term) issue was handle fairly quickly. I enjoyed it and I liked seeing Alex and Lincoln again.
M
*4.5 stars *
Thanks a lot Jan for recommending this book. It would have sucked a lot if I have missed this one.
I am in love with Trystan and Guppy throughout the book.
Seriously Guppy I don't know how the hell did the author came up with such a name and it fits totally on Dakota.
As for the book I was hooked to it till the last. It was a complete package for me. It was hilarious, emotional, kinky everything.
I don't know what's else to say, it won't be enough for this one.
Jess Gabriel
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. TS writes characters so well. I loved the contrast of the lightness of Trystan to the darkness of Dakota. I also enjoyed the reappearance of Alex & Linc. They never fail to make me smile. The book was definitely longer than it needed to be, but the second half flew by. It was definitely smoking hot, but I didn't feel like it was overdone for my tastes.

I did find the editing a bit odd in places. Up to the first 20%, I noticed a lack of contractions that almost made the
Alexandria  St Delphi
I really didn't want to do this because I came so god damn far in this book. at the beginning I liked Dakota, I loved Trystan from the beginning of touchdown (with some reservations of course ) but after reading this book for a while I got so fucking mad at Dakota and I really don't want to DNF this book but it looks like I'm gonna have to because I can't anymore. i knew going into this book it was gonna be long but damn, give a girl a warning when the plot is gonna drag. Dakota is getting on my ...more
Jas
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, WOW

What an amazing story! This was emotional, heart wrenching and just so beautiful. The pain in Dakota was so heartbreaking and I'm glad that bastard Evan died and wasn't able to torture him anymore. Evil real comes in many forms. The love expressed by Trystan gave hope and was able to give Dakota light in his darkness. It really sad that things like what the author wrote about really happens in real life and makes me angry that sick individuals like Evan and his father actually get a
Sylvia
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it

I didn't like Trystan at all in the beginning of the story but he grew on me
as for Dakota I just didn't understand why he acted that way ...
as the story progressed I just wanted to know wtf happend to Dakota I knew he was abused but I was missing alot of details in the end when I've read what happend to him it just broke my heart .
Trystan with all his alpha male cockiness was really a sweet and caring boyfriend because when he figured it out that he was in Love with his "Guppy" he was all in
Margie Watson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Touchdown (the 1st book in the series. Let me say this book didn't disappoint. I think Tristan (aka Tank) might be one of my top BBoyfriends now!! I loved his I don't care what anyone thinks additude. Yes I got to say Dakota's (aka Guppy's) back story about broke my heart!! The book had a lot of serious wrapped inside it's pages but the small balance of funny and sweet moments made it enjoyable. I especially loved the trip to the animal shelter. Binx totally stole the scene!!! If ...more
Esther
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this one. The stalking was borderline creepy, even with how cute Trystan’s behavior and his intentions were. I didn’t understand Dakote trusting Trystan to tie him up after what happened to him, only knowing him for such a short period of time. It would have made more sense to me if their relationship started as a friendship, getting to know eachother more first. That’s another thing: imo there was a lack of development in their relationship.
Deirdre Ellison
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Trystan and Dakota was wonderful together. Trystan had patience and I am glad he fought for their love. My heart broke for Dakota, but I am glad they got their happy ending. Great read!
Smacktard
Oct 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Complete B.S.

Clearly this author has no actual experience with rape, and this trashy novel is proof of that. That a rape victim would jump into bed with a dom wannabe just months after the event is so ludicrous that I have to wonder at the intelligence level of the creator.
Jessica habeck
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it..

I was surprise how ending turn out be. Keep up good work. You made cry and laugh. All I have to say yes pink glittery litter boxes are awesome.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Dilemma (Sirius Wolves, #5)
  • Feat of Clay (Men of London #4)
  • Undercover (Undercover #1)
  • Slaying Isidore's Dragons
  • Change of Address
  • The Struggle Within
  • Ricochet (Out for Justice #1)
  • Rescuing Jack (A Forever Home #1)
  • Ghost (Executioners, #1)
  • Origins (Gods of War #1)
  • Subjection (Demoted, #1)
  • Two Silent Cries
  • Pain (Save the Kids, #1)
  • Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)
  • Black & Bluhe (Out of the Blue, #2)
  • Kane's Awakening (Awakening, #3)
  • Kyle (Legacy Ranch, #1)
  • Shades of Darkness (Trials of Fear, #2)

Game Day (2 books)
  • Touchdown (Game Day #1)
“I wanted something and I would be damned if I let anything get in my way. Hell, yeah, I would live up to my nickname. I would roll right over him until he didn't have any choice but to accept that we belonged together. Well, maybe not together, together, but he needed to let me fuck him so I could get it out of my system.” 0 likes
“My mouth had been thoroughly fucked by his tongue, drugging me with desire and leaving me wanting more.” 0 likes