Start by marking “A Sweetwater River Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Sweetwater River Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #3)

A Sweetwater River Romance

(Wyoming Mountain Tales #3)

A Christian Historical Romance novel.

Taking flight from their quiet Pennsylvania town seems like the only way for Tori Boyd to protect her dearest cousin’s virtue. And the success of their escape may now depend on the man she’s been writing letters to for over a year now in the vast wilds of the Wyoming Territory.

Ezra Reid has finally stepped out from under the
Published June 13th 2017 by Misty M. Beller Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Sweetwater River Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sweetwater River Romance

Start your review of A Sweetwater River Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #3)
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
A Sweetwater River Romance by Misty M. Beller is exactly what it sounds like it would be – sweet and romantic. It’s not without its harrowing and deeper moments though, making it a well-rounded story that appeals to a variety of readers.

Tori and Ezra know each other only by first initials & last names – and the letters they’ve been exchanging. Yet when Tori needs a safe haven for herself and her cousin Opal, she runs to Ezra. I thought this was a testament both to Tori’s desperation and Ezra
Brittany
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once I began reading this story, I could hardly set it down. A Sweetwater River Romance is book three in the Wyoming Mountain Tales, but can stand alone if you have not read books one and two. I, however, have read the first two books and it was such a joy to get to read Ezra’s story. And what a story it was!

Ezra was a great hero. He was honorable, brave, compassionate, and true. He was willing to do whatever it took to keep Tori and her cousin, Opal, safe. And he had such a great heart. He
Lori
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Misty another well written story.
I enjoyed Tori and Ezras adventures.
Well developed characters and I could imagine myself riding the pony express and driving the stages.
How exciting that would've been not to mention what a handful of reins to have in your hands!!
As I've said in other novels, you can't just have one favorite character. I loved them all.
Ezra especially because he proved that not all men are alike. Just like all women are not alike.
Tori because she has a determination that helps
Kayleigh
I was unfamiliar with any of the work of Misty M. Beller when I started reading this book.
I had heard of her before, but never had read anything she had written before A Sweetwater River Romance.
What I discovered was an interesting tale centering on Tori Boyd, a desperate woman who has been through some of the worst circumstances imaginable.
When she and her cousin, Opal, flee their home, Tori puts her trust in a pen pal she has been writing to for more than a year.
Throughout the novel, Tori is
Janice Sisemore
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
A Sweet River Romance

Tori decides to find a pen pal and then her and cousin ends up going to where he lives at. He lives and works at the place where he takes care of the wagons and horses coming by. He also does the telegraph. The way of communicating in those days. I like how they used the telegraph machine to help find where Ezra is by contacting several towns around the area. He takes Tori and Opal to stay with his sister just a couple miles away. This is a 3rd in the series, it does not
Terri Dickey
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read. This book gives us Ezra and Tori's story. Ezra being the youngest of the Reid family he has been given the responsibility of taking care of things while big brother Zeche is off on his mountain exploration and sister Mara has married and has her own family now. Ezra starts corresponding with Tori and the two become friends via letters. When things become desperate for Tori and her cousin they flee their home and arrive on stage to Ezra's. He was unaware of their coming and was ...more
Donna
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Deep

There is a lot of emotional baggage and scars to over come. This is a clean Christian romance that deals gently with sexual abuse.
Connie Carpenter
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading this author. Her storylines are intriguing, the characters are well written, and the settings you can picture when you close your eyes. I did not read the other books, and I had no issues following along. I love the research that goes into this story. I enjoyed learning as I was going along. Heartwarming story, page turning masterpiece.
Tim Setzer
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! Ezra and Tori are so perfectly matched up, and it was enjoyable watching the events bring their hearts together. Ezra takes courage from his desire to protect Tori and her cousin, and Tori learns to trust Ezra because of that courage. This is worth reading again!
Kathleen Denly
Why This Book:
After thoroughly enjoying Misty M. Beller’s “This Treacherous Journey” (which I reviewed earlier this month), when I saw another opportunity to review one of her books, I jumped at it.

Opening Line (from Chapter 1):
Dear T. B.,

In response to your advertisement seeking a partner in correspondence, I find the idea more than a little intriguing.

First Impressions:
This book opened with the text of the advertisement placed by “T. B.” of “Boiling Springs Township, Pennsylvania” seeking “a
Deana Dick
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

As I began to read the story, I knew I was in for a grand adventure. I’ve had pen pals before when I was younger. It was fun to read about where they lived . I never once thought to travel to visit my pen pal though. Tori has been corresponding with her pen pal for awhile. With no other option she and her cousin take off to a new territory. They are hoping to find a place that is safe and start over. Tori has endured a tough life and maybe with a fresh start, she can finally find happiness. I
Jeanette Fallon
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Misty Beller - A Sweetwater River Romance
Torie and Opal were fleeing from evil. They didn't know that they were running towards a new life: a life filled with GOD's love and protection. Torie never met a man like Ezra. Could she trust him? Could she open her heart?

Ezra didn't expect Torie and Opal to show up at his front door. He especially didn't expect to fall in love.

I loved this book. It had all the elements that I love: the location, the time period, mystery, romance, danger and the promise
Wendy
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB

(copied from Amazon.com)

Taking flight from their quiet Pennsylvania town seems like the only way for Tori Boyd to protect her dearest cousin's virtue. And the success of their escape may now depend on the man she's been writing letters to for over a year now in the vast wilds of Wyoming Territory.

Ezra Reid has finally stepped out from under the shadow of his older brother and sister, now having full responsibility to man the Rocky Ridge Stage Stop through the winter. The
Debbie
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"A Sweetwater River Romance" by Misty M. Beller is the third book in the (Wyoming Mountain Tales) series. When a book is part of a series I have to read all in the order they were written and so I read the first two and I have to say that this series left me wanting to read more of these characters. The series is about two brothers and a sister and even though the series connect together I am going to say that each one can be read as a stand alone and still be enjoyed.

"A Sweetwater River
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I really liked the beginning of this book. In fact, I almost wanted more of the letters between Ezra and Tori. I thought it would have been a great way to learn even more about them and their budding "friendship". But even so, I loved Tori's braveness in going to the town Ezra lives in as a refuge. She left everything she knew, and didn't seem scared in the least. But what really got me, hook, line and sinker, was when Ezra and Tori first came face to face. They had never seen each other in ...more
Crystal Scott
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had someone who you write to but don't really know? I have had plenty of pen pals and honestly I do now as well. I love writing letters, letters telling people about my relationship with God, helping them grow their relationship with Christ as well as them encouraging the growth of mine. In A Sweetwater River Romance, Tori Boyd has been writing to Ezra Reid for over a year. They haven't met but that is about to change. Tori and her cousin are escaping from their quiet little ...more
MJSH
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
It is another great read from Misty Beller. This book has her trademark writing style that is easy to follow, a beautifully stark landscape of Wyoming Territory in winter of the late 1860s, a hint of suspense, a tender and sweet romance, lovable but imperfect characters, a good-paced plot, and a natural, believable faith thread that introduces the main character Tori to God who is loving and holds out redemption and salvation. Anyone who enjoys Christian historical romance would love this book. ...more
Alicia Beck
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Review
A Sweetwater River Romance is a part of a series and is the third book in that series. I have not read the other books in the series but I did not find that that kept me from enjoying this story. Tori ran an ad looking for a pen pal . Through correspondence she developed a close friendship. Tori and Opal do not have a good home life and take off on an adventure across the country. Due to their past experiences they do not find trust and especially in a man to be an easy thing . Ezra is
Jennifer  J.
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely and riveting Christian historical romance novel by Misty M. Beller!
For a genre that's growing on me,A Sweetwater River Romance,is one that grabbed me from the beginning and held me tight throughout. I appreciate the depth and believability of Beller's characters and the well-envisioned setting. She builds the story with the utmost care and dangles enough literary carrots to keep the reader enticed throughout!
This, the third book in the Wyoming Mountain Tales series, has
Randy Tramp
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tori Boyd and her cousin flee Pennsylvania and escape to the Wyoming Territory, to a man Tori has been writing letters to. Ezra Reid runs the Rocky Ridge Stage Stop. He's a telegraph operator.

I enjoy the depth which Misty writes. The description of emotions gives me a front-row seat into each character's heart. The story's plot is interesting during an exciting time. It feels like I'm right there.

I read the book in one sitting, as it's that good. Already, I'm looking forward to the next one in
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Tori and Ezra communicate via letters for one year until she shows up on his doorstep with her cousin. The girls decided to head west to escape sexual abuse. I did appreciate that Ezra was willing to wait for Tori to heal from her past, but the unrealistic courtship progressed too quickly. she changed her mind quickly. Also, there was no salvation message and Tori never personally accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior like Ezra had, but she did pray for God’s protection, and God provided.
Alan T
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tori & Ezra

Victoria (Tori) Boyd and her cousin Opal have taken the stage to the Rocky Ridge Stage Stop near the Sweetwater River to escape abuse in Pennsylvania. They have totally unrealistic views of the West. Tori hopes her correspondence partner Ezra Reid will be able to help them open a bakery, but she holds totally unrealistic views of the post Civil War West.

Excellent plotting and charactorization.
Marlene
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story continues about life along the Sweetwater River; the people who live there; and, the lives they lead. Every day brings a new challenge. Two women have arrived at the Stage Coach Station. Both are beautiful and both seem to be on the run. The story is well written and I look forward to the next book in the series.
Michael Montiero
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could love get past the pain of the past?

You will thoroughly enjoy this story of the youngest of the Reid family. You'll see his strength and compassion as he comes to grips with his love for a woman hurt by her past.
Virginia Winfield
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet romance that I enjoyed reading. I loved the characters and look forward to reading Opals story next. I received a copy of this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Robin
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent historical love story. Very well written. Easy to picture the territory and learn about the characters. Highly recommend.
Elaina
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good book!! It was a bit hard to know what these two women went through their growing up but the end came together nicely!!
Kathy Brickert
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

I've beenreading straight through this series and am sad to see the end! It has been a joyful journey! Loved each of the stories and their characters! Great reading!
rob
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved

I have truly enjoyed this series from this family who lives in the wild of Wyoming and the adventures that comes with it.
Pamela Brits Bridges
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down! Ezra and Tori's romance is a delight to read. The book deals with real emotions and issues and stills stays in the 'light-reads' category. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• The Rancher’s Marriage of Convenience (Brides of Inspiration #2)
  • An Old-Fashioned Texas Christmas: 2-in-1 Holiday Novella Collection
  • The Rancher’s Second Chance Bride  (Brides of Inspiration #3)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Arrangement  (Brides of Inspiration #1)
  • Wagon Train Wedding (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #2)
  • Wagon Train Matchmaker (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)
  • When You Are Near (Brookstone Brides, #1)
  • A Love Rising from the Ashes
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • The Hope of Azure Springs
  • The Rancher’s Bride Blessing (Brides of Inspiration #5)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Surprise (Brides of Inspiration #4)
  • Wagon Train Christmas (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #4)
  • Second-Chance Bride (Dakota Brides #3)
  • What Dreams May Come (A Sweet Dreams Christian Romance #1)
  • Reluctant Bride (Dakota Brides #4)
  • Beloved Hope (Heart of the Frontier, #2)
Misty M. Beller writes romantic mountain stories, set on the 1800s frontier and woven with the truth of God’s love. For a limited time, you can get her bestselling novel, The Lady and the Mountain Man, FREE here: http://bit.ly/2gvrW1a

She was raised on a farm in South Carolina, so her Southern roots run deep. Growing up, her family was close, and they continue to keep that priority today. Her

Wyoming Mountain Tales (4 books)
  • A Pony Express Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #1)
  • A Rocky Mountain Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #2)
  • A Mountain Christmas Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #4)