Start by marking “Burn Before Reading” as Want to Read:

A girl meets a wolf.

And a wolf meets his match.

Beatrix Cruz - Bee for short - has exactly one goal; kick her dad's severe depression in the ass. She's got a foolproof plan;

1. Get into the elite high school Lakecrest Preparatory on a scholarship

2. Study like crazy

3. Graduate into NYU and become a shrink

Nothing can stand in her way - not even Lakecrest's rich, hot, and not
Published May 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Burn Before Reading, please sign up.

Barbara Meh. I have no idea if the series was really an inspiration, but the mood of the story, the main themes and the protagonists of the book feel NOTHING…moreMeh. I have no idea if the series was really an inspiration, but the mood of the story, the main themes and the protagonists of the book feel NOTHING like the Korean show.(less)

Christine Alibutud
May 02, 2017 Christine Alibutud rated it it was amazing
Note: Received an ARC in exchange for an honest book review.

...and certainly not sinfully handsome Wolf Blackthorn, who hands out 'red cards' to students who displease him, and expels the ones who keep doing it.

Okay guys, please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of Dao Ming Si from Meteor Garden?? If you guys share the same sentiments with me and is familiar with this Taiwanese drama, well then, let's bond over books and amazing Asian dramas, soul sister!
description

So I'm not sure if our lovely au
Priscilla Garcia
Apr 26, 2017 Priscilla Garcia rated it really liked it
First and foremost I have to say I loved reading this book, But is a Sara wolf book. I love her books so me loving this book is not a rare thing. Her writing style is just amazing. This book was just up my alley.

I have to start by saying that this reminded me of a Japanese manga and its drama adaptation Hana Yori Dango. The whole boys rule the school, they are handsome and most admired and feared guys in school. If you get in their bad side you gets a card in your locker. They will make your li
Anne (The Reading Life)
I received a free copy for an honest review.

It's more precisely 2 and a half stars.
I am so disappointed. I had such high hopes for this book! This book has one of my absolute favorite hate-love relationship scenarios. Popular boy v.s Normal girl, and school hierarchy. However, the author just sort of...fail to bring the story to its full potential. The first thing I notice that I HATE about the main protagonist, Beatrix is first off - for a girl who is supposedly a strong, independent girl who
Monique V
Jun 02, 2017 Monique V rated it it was amazing
I am sara wolf trash!!!rtc
Chanpreet
May 16, 2017 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
When it comes to books featuring multiple characters, it's easy to pick favorites. There are always ones you love more than others. The ones you connect with tend to stand out, while others fade into the background. In this case, I absolutely loved Beatrix/Bee. I mean she's uber focused on her goals and finds herself standing up for those who seem to be cowed and terrified of the Blackthorn brothers. I, like her, wasn't very impressed with them in the beginning. However it didn't take very long ...more
Bella
Jun 03, 2017 Bella rated it liked it
★3 Stars★

This book mostly caught my eye because of the funky cover and the title (which reminded me of the similarly titled film Burn After Reading). I was also drawn to it because it sounded like a mix of several other high school books I have read, which for the most part it was, but there were definitely things that made this book unique.

I expected this story to be very YA, and though it was more YA than anything else, there were some serious themes in this story I didn't expect.(v
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

I loved Sara Wolf’s Lovely Vicious series, so when I heard she was releasing a new book, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Her writing is meaningful yet infused with so much humor – I don’t know how she does it, but I hope she never stops writing! Her books always make my heart ache while laughing my butt off at the same time. Burn Before Reading was no different – it’s an excellent enemies-to-lovers romance. It’s more YA than NA, which isn’t somethin
Iphigenia
May 20, 2017 Iphigenia rated it it was amazing
god sara wolf makes me love every fucking character she writes and feel as much pain as they do i fucking hate her
[michele]
May 29, 2017 [michele] added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 10%. This is like really bad fanfic of Erin Watt's The Royals series. Really bad. Fanfic. Crappy dialogue, no depth, inconsistencies and discrepancies. So disappointing.
Mo
Jun 16, 2017 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burn Before Reading

I liked Beatrix. The book's ending felt a little bit rushed considering all the subplots going on and I still don't know how they tied up because it was never written. Wolf is still a confusing person for me to truly love. I still don't know the essence of him as much as I do Fitz and Burn.
I'm glad Beatrix's dad decided to leave because depression is something that affects everybody and he saw it so that means he wants to get better if possible. I think the writing of this b
Gladys Turner
I liked this book.

However there was missing connection so I could not get fully into it :(
Raven_Blake
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

This was quite an entertaining read. I always enjoy reading Sara Wolf's books and when I saw the blurb of this book, I was over the moon. I loved the enemies to lovers trope in this book and it's also one of my top favorite tropes. I'm actually not a fan of the cover and this book really deserves a better cover. The plot is pretty much enjoyable. Some parts of the story kinda reminded me of my favorite taiwanese drama Meteor Garden aka Boys ov
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5 Blackthorn Brother Stars!
Addicting and emotional! It brought all the feels!

The Review:
This book! This book had all the feels! From start to finish, I was spellbound! Wolf, Burn and Fitz were unique, layered, complicated and complete bad-boys to the core. Bee was a fresh dose of awesome! Her character was the perfect mix of quirky, beautiful and determined.

Burn Before Readin
Courtney
May 24, 2017 Courtney rated it really liked it
The last book I read, I mentioned to never judge a book by its cover. Well, I am saying that again, but for a different a reason. The other book was more than its cover and this book, well the cover just doesn't do the book justice at all. The title is perfect, but the cover, it could use a do-over.

Anyway, I recently got to read Sara's Lovely Vicious series and really enjoyed it so when I saw she was releasing a new book, I jumped at the opportunity to read this one. Her books are YA and I feel
EscapeNBooks
May 06, 2017 EscapeNBooks rated it really liked it
4-4.5 stars

Burn Before Reading by Author Sara Wolf is a Young Adult, enemies-to-lovers novel.

"My name is Beatrix Cruz, and no matter what anyone else says, this is how it went down."

Beatrix has just started attending Lakecrest Preparatory. She has no friends and, quite frankly, prefers staying to herself. The Blackthorns, the so-unreal-they-are-sexier-than-gods, are students who rule Lakecrest. They are the school's main attraction, and Beatrix is on their radar.

"Hope isn’t some grand and myste
Autumn
May 19, 2017 Autumn rated it it was amazing
Beatrix Cruz isn’t like all of the other students at Lakecrest. She’s not one of the precious moneyed students that crowd the campus. She’s what’s known as a “Scholarshipper” and no one likes to remind her of that fact more than the Blackthorns.

Bernard, Fitzwilliam and Wolfgang Blackthorn haunt the halls with their beauty and their arrogance. But it’s the one that everyone calls “Wolf” that makes her heart race and her blood boil.

“Where the hell was I? Oh, right. Wolfgang Blackthorn, and how he
Zili

Part Gossip Girl, part Pretty Little Liars and another part Fallen Crest High, Burn Before Reading has all the drama. Despite the wolfy description it has nothing to do with werewolves or anything paranormal.

Being the new kid at school is always tough, but when Beatrix 'Bee' Cruz starts at the super swanky Lakecrest Prep as the only poor kid, she finds herself thrown into all kinds of angst and drama!

Wolf, Burn and Fitz have it all. Looks, talent and money; they're the ultimate power teens. Com
Nina
Jul 04, 2017 Nina rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book!
I loved that it doesn't pull any punches and shows what - at least some - teens experience during high school. Parties, sex, drinking, drugs, cursing, false friends. Sometimes the author might have gone a little over the top (Bee's school is extremely fancy and the students have money. Lots of it. That opens doors to things and activities that might have been a little too much for us mere mortals) but I really didn't mind.

I also loved the diversity. All characters ar
Mandi
May 21, 2017 Mandi rated it liked it
The Lovely Vicious series by Sara Wolf is one of my all time favourites so as soon as I saw Burn Before Reading I knew I had to read it. This book had some similarities but I'd say it was a lot more light hearted compared to the darkness and angst of LV.

Burn Before Reading was a pretty straight forward read but if I'm honest I did miss the mystery and the twists and turns of LV. I had hoped it would be the start to another series but with Wolf and Bee's story wrapped up I'm guessing and kinda h
Leila bibliofagos
What the HELL happened?
Cause I don't know. I really don't.
I thought this was gonna be funny. I thought this was gonna be sexy. I also thought I would fall in love with not only the hero but mostly the heroine, because that is what happened when I read 'Lovely Vicious'.
But noooo.
Let me introduce you to Hana Yori Dango. Except with ridiculous characters, whiny heroines and no kissing.
This could've been SO GOOD. Except the author decided to make the characters one dimensional and they are all ve
Raísa Suares
Jun 01, 2017 Raísa Suares rated it really liked it
A Sara Wolf tem um jeito com as palavras que sempre me cativa e as personagens femininas dela têm uma personalidade maravilhosa.
Adorei esse livro :)
Sarcastic
May 25, 2017 Sarcastic rated it it was amazing
5 Love and Friendship Stars!

After having gorged myself on YA books, I had lost any and all interest in them, seeing as how monotonous and overly dramatic they had become, so one can only imagine the absolute reluctance with which I came to my decision of reading this.

But can I say how right that decision turned out to be.

Bee was a blast. Her verbal diarrhea, her gives-no-fuck attitude and her self sacrificing nature made her a very unique character to follow as she made her journey through the
Kristina Snyder
May 18, 2017 Kristina Snyder rated it really liked it
Burn Before Reading is the first book I have read from Sara Wolf, and I absolutely loved it!! I will definitely be checking out her other books!!! I am huge fan of YA!!! When I heard about this book, I had to check it out. I was instantly intrigued with the synopsis. The cover is also unique!! This book I had to read!! I was not disappointed in the least. This book was so unlike others that I have read, and that gave it huge bonus points from me. The uniqueness of this book makes it even more sp ...more
Ashley Gill
May 18, 2017 Ashley Gill rated it it was amazing
Beatrix Cruz better known as Bee is the smart mouth, fast talking don't take crap from anyone scholarship student at Lakecrest Prepatory. She is the one student who isn't afraid to stand up to the Blackthorn brothers . What makes them think they can run over Bee...........oh right their father has the ability to stop her scholarship. This scholarship means everything to Bee, she lives and breathes studying about mental health. Her father suffers from deep depression and Bee will do anything to ...more
Sassy Southern
May 18, 2017 Sassy Southern rated it really liked it
A remarkable high school drama/ romance story! I have never read a character that I loved more than Beatrix Cruz.
Beatrix is a fish out of water-she's at the most expensive and elusive high school in town in hopes of getting into NYU to become a psychologist and help her father whom of which suffers from extreme depression. Beatrix gave up everything she once liked-boy bands, her friends, and writing-all to pursue helping her father become better mentally. Beatrix is on scholarship at the school-
Darshana K.
Jun 12, 2017 Darshana K. rated it really liked it
Actual rating is 3.5/5

This book was pleasantly surprising. The only reason I picked it up initially was because the synopsis sounds extremely similar to Hana yori Dango, more popularly known as Boys over Flowers, probably the most well known shoujo manga ever, and also one of my childhood favourites. And while I loved that manga series as a 12 year old girl, I do recognise how very cliche and extravagant it was, although entertaining.

So going into this book, reading the synopsis, I had my prejud
Michelle
Apr 30, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4-4.5 stars. Beatrix/Bee is the new scholarship student at Lakecrest Prep and so far, what she knows of the Blackthorn brothers, she doesn't care for. Who does Wolf Blackthorn think he is with handing out red cards like some overdramatic bully? Why doesn't Burn act more than aloof or a bystander? Why doesn't Fitz utilize his intelligence for more than hacking? Just because they are rich doesn't give them the right to act entitled like they own and rule the school, never mind that their dad funds ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 18, 2017 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it it was amazing
Burn Before Reading, is an amazing YA read. I love to pick up a YA read every once in awhile in this one was the perfect read.
There are three Blackthorn brothers, Burn, Fitz, and Wolf. Wow, my first impression of the brothers were they were rude, cocky little rich boys but by the end of chapter four I had a completely different opinion on them. Wolf who I thought was the worst is actually a really good guy. I think that there are a lot of things that go on in his head and sometimes he’s misunde
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
4.5 STARS
As a blogger I read and read so very much. Most of what I read is hot and steam pouring off the page. When I take a step outside and read a YA it is one that grabs my like this book did. I fell in love with these characters. Their determination, their responsibility, there heart breaking destruction. So much carried by kids so very young. It is absolutely beautiful.

Three brothers who have experienced an ultimate loss, each broken, each floundering. Beatrix, the girl with he mind set on
Barbara
May 18, 2017 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Wow.
Just. Wow. Sara Wolf gets better and better and I can't wrap my mind around how young she is compared to how mature and complex her writing is. This book, I'm sure, will become a YA classic.

I literally put down the book 20 minutes ago, after reading it in just under eight hours, so my thoughts and feelings are all a bit jumbled, but I will try to put some detailed first impressions down.

1. AT LAST a love interest who's not an improbable teenage alpha-male, but (view spoiler)
Sara Wolf is a twenty-something author who adores baking, screaming at her cats, and screaming at herself while she types hilarious things. When she was a kid, she was too busy eating dirt to write her first terrible book. Twenty years later, she picked up a keyboard and started mashing her fists on it and created the monster known as the Lovely Vicious series. She lives in San Diego with two cats ...more
More about Sara Wolf...