Start by marking “Burn Before Reading” as Want to Read:

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  974 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
A girl meets a wolf.

And a wolf meets his match.

Beatrix Cruz - Bee for short - has exactly one goal; kick her dad's severe depression in the ass. She's got a foolproof plan;

1. Get into the elite high school Lakecrest Preparatory on a scholarship

2. Study like crazy

3. Graduate into NYU and become a shrink

Nothing can stand in her way - not even Lakecrest's rich, hot, and not
Published May 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Burn Before Reading, please sign up.
Barbara Meh. I have no idea if the series was really an inspiration, but the mood of the story, the main themes and the protagonists of the book feel NOTHING…moreMeh. I have no idea if the series was really an inspiration, but the mood of the story, the main themes and the protagonists of the book feel NOTHING like the Korean show.(less)

Aya Hamza
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, contemporary
Update: Dec 8, 2017
I can't believe I enjoyed this book!!!!
Review to come...
___________________________

Update: Dec 5, 2017

"Currently reading"
THIS IS HAPPENING! Finally I can read it. :D
___________________________

Update: Sep 23, 2017

*Reading the synopsis*
Hmmm.. this sounds familiar.. HANA YORI DANGO aka my-favorite-manga-of-all-time.. ha?!!!!

Nonetheless, I am intrigued!!
Hope it is not just another copy of Hana Yori Danga . Some creativity please!
Nastassja

If I was writing a summary what would I say about this book?

A story about a bisexual boy with a phobia (which kind of phobia is a spoiler) trying to overcome his past abusive relationship with another boy and, at the same time, fighting tragic memories of his mother's death, and a book loving girl who wants to help her father cure chronic depression by giving up her dream of becoming an author and instead becoming a doctor.

Add to that two sexy brothers of the hero: one is an addict and another

Christine Alibutud
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note: Received an ARC in exchange for an honest book review.

...and certainly not sinfully handsome Wolf Blackthorn, who hands out 'red cards' to students who displease him, and expels the ones who keep doing it.

Okay guys, please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of Dao Ming Si from Meteor Garden?? If you guys share the same sentiments with me and is familiar with this Taiwanese drama, well then, let's bond over books and amazing Asian dramas, soul sister!
description

So I'm not sure if our lovely au
Dulce María
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Una muy agradable sorpresa.
La historia es muy simple y predecible, pero me gusto mucho como manejaron el tema de la depresión, traumas post-traumaticos, adicciones , etc.
Andrea Gomes
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
¡Qué cosa más bonita de libro!

Me gustó demasiado. El hecho de que el amor no fuera la parte central de la historia... ¡me encantó!

Fitz es un amor. Burn lo amé. Y Wolf... bueno... ¡es mío!

Y Bee es sumamente divertida, elocuente y loca.

Tiene todo este libro; desde risas, ataques... hasta el corazón arrugadito.

¡100% recomendado!
Desi
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25 estrellas

SINOPSIS
Una chica conoce un lobo.
El lobo conoce a su igual.

Beatrix Cruz, Bee abreviado, tiene exactamente un objetivo: darle una patada en el culo a la depresión de su padre. Tiene un plan a prueba de errores:
1. Conseguir entrar a la escuela de élite Preparatoria Lakecrest con una beca.
2. Estudiar como loca.
3. Graduarse en NYU y convertirse en psicóloga.
Nada puede interponerse en su camino, ni siquiera los famosos y ricos hermanos Blackthorn de Lakecrest. No Fitz Blackthorn, con su
Anne (The Reading Life)
I received a free copy for an honest review.

It's more precisely 2 and a half stars.
I am so disappointed. I had such high hopes for this book! This book has one of my absolute favorite hate-love relationship scenarios. Popular boy v.s Normal girl, and school hierarchy. However, the author just sort of...fail to bring the story to its full potential. The first thing I notice that I HATE about the main protagonist, Beatrix is first off - for a girl who is supposedly a strong, independent girl who
Leila bibliofagos
What the HELL happened?
Cause I don't know. I really don't.
I thought this was gonna be funny. I thought this was gonna be sexy. I also thought I would fall in love with not only the hero but mostly the heroine, because that is what happened when I read 'Lovely Vicious'.
But noooo.
Let me introduce you to Hana Yori Dango. Except with ridiculous characters, whiny heroines and no kissing.
This could've been SO GOOD. Except the author decided to make the characters one dimensional and they are all ve
Karen
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Me encaaaaaaantó!!!!!!!! Amo a los hermanos Blackthron
Priscilla Garcia
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
First and foremost I have to say I loved reading this book, But is a Sara wolf book. I love her books so me loving this book is not a rare thing. Her writing style is just amazing. This book was just up my alley.

I have to start by saying that this reminded me of a Japanese manga and its drama adaptation Hana Yori Dango. The whole boys rule the school, they are handsome and most admired and feared guys in school. If you get in their bad side you gets a card in your locker. They will make your li
Moon Love
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to books featuring multiple characters, it's easy to pick favorites. There are always ones you love more than others. The ones you connect with tend to stand out, while others fade into the background. In this case, I absolutely loved Beatrix/Bee. I mean she's uber focused on her goals and finds herself standing up for those who seem to be cowed and terrified of the Blackthorn brothers. I, like her, wasn't very impressed with them in the beginning. However it didn't take very long ...more
Iphigenia
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
god sara wolf makes me love every fucking character she writes and feel as much pain as they do i fucking hate her
Jeane Bulle
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Bueno, que puedo decir de este libro? No sé si encuentre las palabras exactas para describirlo, pero voy a intentar hacerlo.

ATENCIÓN: Puede o no haber algunos spoilers a continuación. Lea bajo su responsabilidad.

Me pareció una historia genial.
Amé los personajes.
Bee una adolescente que carga con todo el peso del mundo sobre sus hombros, siempre dispuesta a ayudar a todo el que lo necesite.
Wolf un chico completamente dañado que tiene miedo a sentir cosas por alguien y se oculta a través de su
Bella
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
★3 Stars★

This book mostly caught my eye because of the funky cover and the title (which reminded me of the similarly titled film Burn After Reading). I was also drawn to it because it sounded like a mix of several other high school books I have read, which for the most part it was, but there were definitely things that made this book unique.

I expected this story to be very YA, and though it was more YA than anything else, there were some serious themes in this story I didn't expect.(v
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

I loved Sara Wolf’s Lovely Vicious series, so when I heard she was releasing a new book, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Her writing is meaningful yet infused with so much humor – I don’t know how she does it, but I hope she never stops writing! Her books always make my heart ache while laughing my butt off at the same time. Burn Before Reading was no different – it’s an excellent enemies-to-lovers romance. It’s more YA than NA, which isn’t somethin
[michele]
May 29, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 10%. This is like really bad fanfic of Erin Watt's The Royals series. Really bad. Fanfic. Crappy dialogue, no depth, inconsistencies and discrepancies. So disappointing.
Anna Aurora
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,5/5 stars
Mo
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burn Before Reading

I liked Beatrix. The book's ending felt a little bit rushed considering all the subplots going on and I still don't know how they tied up because it was never written. Wolf is still a confusing person for me to truly love. I still don't know the essence of him as much as I do Fitz and Burn.
I'm glad Beatrix's dad decided to leave because depression is something that affects everybody and he saw it so that means he wants to get better if possible. I think the writing of this b
Jane Turner
I liked this book.

However there was missing connection so I could not get fully into it :(
Monique V
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am sara wolf trash!!!
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

This was quite an entertaining read. I always enjoy reading Sara Wolf's books and when I saw the blurb of this book, I was over the moon. I loved the enemies to lovers trope in this book and it's also one of my top favorite tropes. I'm actually not a fan of the cover and this book really deserves a better cover. The plot is pretty much enjoyable. Some parts of the story kinda reminded me of my favorite taiwanese drama Meteor Garden aka Boys ov
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5 Blackthorn Brother Stars!
Addicting and emotional! It brought all the feels!

The Review:
This book! This book had all the feels! From start to finish, I was spellbound! Wolf, Burn and Fitz were unique, layered, complicated and complete bad-boys to the core. Bee was a fresh dose of awesome! Her character was the perfect mix of quirky, beautiful and determined.

Burn Before Readin
Courtney
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The last book I read, I mentioned to never judge a book by its cover. Well, I am saying that again, but for a different a reason. The other book was more than its cover and this book, well the cover just doesn't do the book justice at all. The title is perfect, but the cover, it could use a do-over.

Anyway, I recently got to read Sara's Lovely Vicious series and really enjoyed it so when I saw she was releasing a new book, I jumped at the opportunity to read this one. Her books are YA and I feel
EscapeNBooks
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 stars

Burn Before Reading by Author Sara Wolf is a Young Adult, enemies-to-lovers novel.

"My name is Beatrix Cruz, and no matter what anyone else says, this is how it went down."

Beatrix has just started attending Lakecrest Preparatory. She has no friends and, quite frankly, prefers staying to herself. The Blackthorns, the so-unreal-they-are-sexier-than-gods, are students who rule Lakecrest. They are the school's main attraction, and Beatrix is on their radar.

"Hope isn’t some grand and myste
Autumn
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
Beatrix Cruz isn’t like all of the other students at Lakecrest. She’s not one of the precious moneyed students that crowd the campus. She’s what’s known as a “Scholarshipper” and no one likes to remind her of that fact more than the Blackthorns.

Bernard, Fitzwilliam and Wolfgang Blackthorn haunt the halls with their beauty and their arrogance. But it’s the one that everyone calls “Wolf” that makes her heart race and her blood boil.

“Where the hell was I? Oh, right. Wolfgang Blackthorn, and how he
Zili

Part Gossip Girl, part Pretty Little Liars and another part Fallen Crest High, Burn Before Reading has all the drama. Despite the wolfy description it has nothing to do with werewolves or anything paranormal.

Being the new kid at school is always tough, but when Beatrix 'Bee' Cruz starts at the super swanky Lakecrest Prep as the only poor kid, she finds herself thrown into all kinds of angst and drama!

Wolf, Burn and Fitz have it all. Looks, talent and money; they're the ultimate power teens. Com
Nina
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book!
I loved that it doesn't pull any punches and shows what - at least some - teens experience during high school. Parties, sex, drinking, drugs, cursing, false friends. Sometimes the author might have gone a little over the top (Bee's school is extremely fancy and the students have money. Lots of it. That opens doors to things and activities that might have been a little too much for us mere mortals) but I really didn't mind.

I also loved the diversity. All characters ar
Leanne
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary-ya
This book was like crack to me. I started it last night when I really should've been going to sleep, and then it kept me up late, occupied my time at the gym, occupied my time on my lunch break, and occupied my time immediately after work until I'd devoured every last word.

This hits a lot of my catnip areas:
- Bisexual main character
- Honest portrayal of teen problems
- Honest portrayal of school

My only complaint is that I wish there had been more girls-supporting-girls. But there were interest
Mariandre
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Me gustó mucho. Tenía bastante tiempo que no leía un libro YA, creo que tuve mi época y ya no es lo mio, pero este libro me gustó mucho.

Lo leí super rápido, aunque la historia es muy predecible, es divertida en cierto modo. Me gustó cómo se habla de algunos temas en especial, el de la protagonista, que no sabe muy bien qué quiere hacer, y piensa que puede solucionar todo por su cuenta e incluso el caso de que todos importan más que ella.

No es la típica historia "estoy rota, nadie me puede repar
Thera
Knížky Sary Wolf jsou... jiné. Aspoň na mě tak působí. První co musím okomentovat je to, že za celou dobu si hlavní protagonisté vlastně vůbec nedají ani pusu (view spoiler). A to je pro mě v young adult romanci nečekané. Nutně netvrdím, že to tam chybí, Bee a Wolf mají spoustu jiných chvilek, jen to pro mě byla po dočtení taková do očí bijící změna :) Další věc je, že už od začátku příběhu Bee čtenáře varuje, že se něco hooodně pokazí a (ačkoliv to je zápletka ...more
Sara Wolf is a twenty-something author who adores baking, screaming at her cats, and screaming at herself while she types hilarious things. When she was a kid, she was too busy eating dirt to write her first terrible book. Twenty years later, she picked up a keyboard and started mashing her fists on it and created the monster known as the Lovely Vicious series. She lives in San Diego with two cats ...more
“The view was, to say the least, incredible. And the feeling of it all - of being so small and insignificant - was a lot like the feeling I got when Burn and I would stand on the cliff in the mornings and watch the sun kiss the world awake.
I felt...unimportant. I felt light, and airy, and free. I felt like nothing mattered - not my grades, not my college future, not my awful spying on the Blackthorns - nothing. I'd done nothing wrong up here. I had no responsibilities up here - not to Dad, not to Mom, not even to myself. For a few minutes, I felt untouchable.
Nothing could get me in the sky, not even my problems. I watched the sun as I fell. So what, I thought, if Mom and Dad divorced? Would it really be the end of the world? This was the world - this huge thing below me, reduced to nothing more than toy-like dioramas of forests and towns. There were a hundred million problems waiting for me when I landed, but when you got high enough, all those problems seemed so small and insignificant. The sun didn't care about divorce. The sky didn't care about grades. No one cared, except me and the people in the below-world. I wasn’t a scholarshipper up here; I wasn’t a teacher’s pet, a wannabe psychologist, a girl who left her friends behind, or an attempted good-daughter. I
was just…me.”
1 likes
“Whatever you did can be undone,” He says. “It may take months. It may take years. But as long as there is breath in your body, there is a chance to make up for what you’ve done. It will be slow, and difficult. But some would say it’s worth it. If you care about the people you hurt, you cannot run away. That would only cause you more pain. You must be kind to yourself.” 1 likes