Start by marking “A Baby for Chashan (Dragons of Preor, #9)” as Want to Read:
A Baby for Chashan (Dragons of Preor, #9)

A Baby for Chashan

(Dragons of Preor #9)

A mother’s plea, a childless alien’s promise, and a Preor warrior torn between his mate and duty…

After a hundred years of mating, Healing Master Chashan thought he knew all there was to know about his mate, Heart Master Khaza. But the sudden presence of one adorable human baby shows him that he’s very, very wrong.

Now he has a choice: claim a human baby as his own and put
Published March 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Baby for Chashan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Baby for Chashan

Stolen by an Alien by Amanda MiloThe Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee SmithPlanet X by Evangeline AndersonBarbarian Alien by Ruby DixonVenomous by Penelope Fletcher
Alien Mate connection
131 books — 16 voters
Allegiance of Honor by Nalini SinghBear My Soul by T.S. JoyceSarazen's Claim by Isabel WrothMate Bond by Jennifer AshleyTiger Magic by Jennifer Ashley
Shifter
172 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
A Baby for Chashan is book nine in the Dragons of Preor series by Celia Kyle as Erin Tate.

Here we see the Healing Master Chashan and his mate the Heart Master Khaza. These two have been trying to have children for a long time, but with no luck and with Preor women only coming into their cycle on rare occasions, not like humans, it’s been hard, more so for Khaza who really wants a child of her own.

Their isn’t much background to the characters. We see them in the main series. In this short story
Marta Cox
Apr 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
To say this is short is oversimplified because I read this glimpse into the Preor world in about an hour. That having been said it was lovely to catch up with Healing Master Chashan as he's been present and indeed vital in so many previous stories. Now we learn of his love for his mate Khaza and the sadness that haunts them as they are still after all these years without Dragonlets of their own . Khaza is no ordinary Preor though she's what they call a Heart Master which means she feels the emot ...more
CC
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was very short and sweet. But kinda weird how she was coveting the baby. But I was happy it worked out for them. I love this series.
Patricia Ibarra
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The only thing I didnt like about this book is that it was too short! I know, I know, its a short story....
I could feel Khazas and Chashans crave for a dragonlet, and even though it was sad the way they got Eric, it was beautiful to know that they were at the beginning of a whole different life, taking care of the baby they had prayed for for so long. Its a message of hope for many people in real life: if you have love to give, it shouldnt matter if the baby comes from your own womb or not.
Sonya Holmes
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
To short

This was a good story however, it needed to be longer. More developed character would have been nice. I would have liked more background on the mother and aunt.
Hollie
This made of a really sweet "fast" read. It was short, but I have to say quite satisfying. I look forward to more in this series.
Ruth Hambley
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terrific

I really enjoyed reading this one. I hope that there will be more in this series. Well written sci-fi romantic fiction.
Michele Nevares
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!!!

I love this series. It is amazing I can't wait for the next one. All of her books are great
Kelly
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh man. Khaza and Chashan are finally getting their chance to start a family. It might not be in the most conventional way, but one does what one has to do to make things happen, right?

Only...things aren't as easy as just starting a family. There's some convincing that needs to be done. While Khaza knows exactly what she needs to do, Chashan needs a wee bit of encouragement to see things her way.

Just a little bit, though. You know, because those Preor are all about making sure their mates are ha
Carol
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
I've yet to come across a Celia Kyle/Erin Tate book that was bad. This wasn't one of my favourites, but it was still a fun short read. It's one of these little extra (and cheap) stories that get thrown in from time to time between the main books. As you can guess from the title, we're talking babies. For me, I would much prefer more time with the Preor warriors trying to cope with their human mates. I find them hilarious. Still, it was a fun read and will keep me going until the next instalment.
Tasha
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This is book #9 of the Dragons of Preor. I'm not sure how this one made it in because it was so short that it didn't have any conflict. Human has a baby and after he is delivered she dies. Chashan wife, Kahza agrees to take care of the baby from mother without telling her husband. She finally tells him and he gets them to let her keep the baby. End of story. LOL I mean literally! It was that short. I kept looking for more but that was it. Hopefully we will get more on the other 2 males he still ...more
Betty Lambert
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a very short story. It was ok but do wish there was a little more to the story. Hated to see it end so quick, and quick it was. Typical story of a mated pair of Preor race with no baby in sight. They get the chance to adopt a human baby as the mother of the baby died in childbirth. Was sad for the mother but was great that she was able to make a mated pair of Preor race happy with finally a child of their own. Recommend.
sue
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awwww I loved this......

I loved this story. It truly pulled at my heartstrings. This has become another of my favorite series and I seriously hope to see more, yes I kinda got a few that could have there own stories but still. Awesome job Celia can't wait for the next. And yes I highly recommend this story especially if you read the rest of the series.
Pamela Hastings
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series

I have read the complete series ofFside Alien Weredragons and loved each one! Wonderful storylines and great characters. I found it difficult to stop reading and tended to binge read book after book! Highly recommend to everyone who likes alien/human love stories.
Deborah Carter
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-sci-fi
I love this series and would like to see more. This doesn't have as much action and adventure as the other stories. It's more of a soft, sweet and gentle romance. If you have read this series you have already met Chashan and Khaza, they are a Preor couple. They have no draonlets. Khaza wants desperately to be a mother. This story made me cry and rejoice as they try to make their family.
Mary Heron
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lovely short story.

We have seen a lot of Chastain as he had been involved in healing injuries inflicted on other Preor characters as well as their mates. In this very short story he and his wife of 100 years become parents to a human baby much to their joy, no real drama just a nice short read.
Dionus Jones
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Fantastic Addition

This book was FUN to read! It has action, love, sacrifice, & alien adoption. (I know, right!) This entire series is WONDERFUL & this book is another fantastic addition.
Donna  B Perkins
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To short

Good read but to short needed more. Would like more to this storyline. And wish for more on this child. Like ho he gets along with the other Preor children and how he is different from all the children.
Deemahrling
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story

It was so fun to see Chashan and his mate Khaza get diagnosing they always longed for. It was sad that the human mother lost her fight for life and happiness but I'm sure she was happy that she found a good home for her son.
Jennifer Turner
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Short story

I give it three stars because it's an okay read short but pretty much rinse and repeat of all the other books except in this case Chashan and his mate adopt a human boy who's mother dies during childbirth.
Renee Phoenix
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
So Cute, love the series

Such a cute short. Glad they got their own story. Adoption is a wonderful thing. I hope more look to adopt.
AlissaJayne
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick read.

Super short, but a happy ending. It’s nice to read about a Preor female and know that coming to Earth was a benefit to them as well.
KayteReads
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet

I would have loved for this to be longer! It was so sweet but definitely rushed a bit. Still enjoyed it!
Wolfgirl1982
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

This series has been amazing so glad Argan is getting his own story as he has been mentioned in quite a few it will be nice to see him get a mate.
Badh
Lovely supoer short story

This is just a great super short slice of life story. A nice peek into the lives of other Preor and hoiw their families are made.
morgwen k davies
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happiest parents!

I really enjoy all these books.It was wonderful to have a quick read in between books,for such a happy reason.
Channell Daniels
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short sweet

This was a quick lite read,fun loving. Very enjoyable. I was thinking that with good news they'd get great news that Kahzan is pregnant.
Rebecca Delio
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GREAT STORY

This was a wonderful story I hope their are more of these Weredragons They make great stories. I loved all the stories I have read...
alice brown
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A baby for chashan

I truly love this short story,and I hope you write more on there son as he grows ,with the other draglets
  • Rescuing Mattie (Lords of Kassis, #3.1)
  • The Falcorans' Faith (The Soul-Linked Saga, #7)
  • Temporal Shift (Dark Desires #4)
  • Heart of an Emperor (Daughters of Lyra #1)
  • Celestial Beauty (The Quads of Galafrax, #4)
  • King and I (Celestial Soul-Mates, #1)
  • 3013: Scarred (3013, #11.75)
  • Roping Savannah (Fallon Mates, #3)
  • Runaway Bride (Across the Stars, #2)
  • 3013: Synergy (3013, #11.25)
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • Erun (The Ujal, #4)
  • Queen of Wands (Sanctify, #2)
  • 3013: Mended (3013, #6)

Dragons of Preor (10 books)
  • Jarek (Dragons of Preor, #1)
  • Taulan (Dragons of Preor, #2)
  • Kozav (Dragons of Preor, #3)
  • Rendan (Dragons of Preor, #4)
  • Zadri (Dragons of Preor, #5)
  • Hatched (Dragons of Preor, #6)
  • Ivoth (Dragons of Preor, #7)
  • Brukr (Dragons of Preor, #8)
  • Argan (Dragons of Preor, #10)