Start by marking “Asterix e la Galera di Obelix” as Want to Read:
Asterix e la Galera di Obelix

Asterix e la Galera di Obelix (Astérix #30)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  3,037 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
In ancient Rome, the slaves are rebelling—and they've even stolen Julius Caesar's own warship, the finest in the Roman navy. Under the heroic leadership of Spartakis, the former galley slaves make for the small town where Caesar's old enemies Asterix and Obelix live. When they arrive, though, the slaves find the town in crisis because Obelix has drunk a magic potion that h ...more
Hardcover
Published 2001 by Mondadori (first published October 1996)

Norbert
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fumetti, umorismo
Cinque stelle, non fosse altro perché scopriamo perché Obelix non deve bere la pozione magica, e per Kirk Douglas
Oliver
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revolting slaves led by Kirk Douglas lookalike Spartakis steal a Roman flagship and seek asylum with the Gauls, hotly pursued my Caesar's men. Obelix ODs on magic potion with dramatic consequences. Naval adventures ensue and trip is made to the remaining colonies of Atlantis (or it could be the Canary Islands). Surprisingly wistful Asterix adventure.
Mathieu
Un peu mieux que "La rose et le glaive", cet épisode reste un cran en dessous du niveau originel de la série...

N'eut été le passage Atlante, vraiment too much, ça aurait pu être un bon album. Là, c'est juste moyen, mais on arrive à s'en contenter. Faute de mieux...
Thomas
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahmad Sharabiani
Asterix and Obelix All at Sea (Astérix #30), Albert Uderzo
Alexander
Asterix and Obelix is a funny comic book. It talks about the Greek vs Vikings. In this book Asterix brother Obelix is missing. So they go on an adventure to find his brother while obsicals goes in their way.
Irwan
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished, 2017
Funny and witty as always.
Angelika Sauer
It's not as well written as the original series
Christian Krüger
Den Anfang fand ich gut, aber dann ... naja, insgesamt okay.
Aaro Salosensaari
Caesarin henkilökohtaisen kaleerin orjat päättävät ottaa hatkat ja suuntaavat kaleerin kohti pientä gallialaiskylää. Samaan aikaan Obelix (joka, kuten kaikki muistamme, putosi pienenä taikajuomatynnyriin) lopultakin onnistuu välttämään Akvavitixin valvovan katseen ja juomaan padasta uudelleen...

Uderzon käsikirjoittamista seikkailuista onnistuneempia: perustoimiva Asterix-tarina, mutta oikeastaan tästä olisi saanut kaksi oikein hyvää erillistä tarinaa.

(Sivuhuomio: Vaikka orjakaleerit ovat klassis
Nicholas Whyte
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/2358150.html[return][return]It may well be thirty years since I last read an Asterix book, which means I completely missed this one, published in 1996 and translated into English as Asterix and Obelix All at Sea. the sixth of the eight books written by Uderzo alone after Goscinny's death. [return][return]I slightly wish I hadn't. A substantial whack of the humour relies on pretty offensive stereotypes - sub-Saharan Africans depicted as leopard-skin wearing savages. ...more
Manuel Chiofi
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una rivolta di schiavi preoccupa Cesare. I rivoltosi hanno rubato la sua più bella galera e si stanno dirigendo in Armorica. Qui, nel frattempo, Obelix decide di rompere il tabù e bere la pozione magica diventando di pietra. Asterix e Panoramix dovranno trovare il modo di farlo tornare normale cercando di sfuggire ai romani intenti a cercare di riprendere la nave rubata.
Albo ricchissimo di eventi e di spunti. Uderzo non sta mai fermo, costruendo una storia che salta da una situazione alla succes
Matthew Hunter
Slightly better, Uderzo. But why the racial stereotyping of sub-Saharan Africans? Why include Cleopatra at all in this one? Her role's so small and unimportant, with Egypt playing no part in the proceedings. Was she really needed to prod Caesar's ego enough to make him chase after his stolen ship? No.

Kirk Douglas's appearance as Spartakis (sic) adds some fun, as does Obelix's drinking the magic potion for the first time and later becoming his younger self. But the fun elements don't make up for
ArtemV
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is written by Dargaud. I like this book because it is funny. It showed me how Gauls live without Obelix. When I read this book I am always happy because it is funny and it shows me that there are some precious people that we have hard time without them. This is a good book to read while you have free time to read because it is short and interesting. I like to read them in the library when we have 10 min left so we read. And in that time I complete the hole book and it dosent ruin my fu ...more
Vasco Ribeiro
Só 3 letras porque não achei o texto grande coisa. Talvez culpa da tradução. Muitos trocadilhos sem muita graça.
Escravos roubam a galera de César. Levam-na para a aldeia. Obélix bebe poção mágica. transforma-se em granito. Depois fica com corpo de criança. É raptado. Depois resgatado. Vão à atlântida, mas aí não o curam. Só depois num choque psicológico por astérix estar em perigo, recupera. A galera é de césar é devolvida a Roma, mas acaba por ser destruída.
Karhum Ghassan
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a funny book i liked how Obelix became smaller but the same personality the only difference is that......................____________
If you want to find out then read the book ain't going to spoil it for you.
It is a great and funny book, i recommend it to all whom read this review.Have fun reading it:D or should i say AVE FUN READING IT :).
Jerome
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An adventurous tale with excellent artwork and a intriguing, if brief and thin, story. The idea of Obelix drinking the potion he isn’t supposed to drink---and then becoming granite and finally a toddler was a bit much. Still, the addition of Spartakis and the city of Atlantis were quite interesting.

Fun and entertaining but not really funny, and with quite a contrived plot.
Devero
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Che dire? Finalmente scopriamo perché Obelix non dovrebbe più bere la pozione magica; e un finale un poco meno storico, e negativo, della rivolta servile di Spartaco, aka Kirk Douglas.
E poi c'è la visione di Atlantide che ne ha Uderzò, in fondo la mia preferita, anche per la sua atipicità.
Saint No Stopping Us

Six out of ten. CBR format.

Obelix reverts to childhood just as ship full of slaves revolts and steals Caesars finest warship. In search of a cure and freedom, Asterix and friends travel to Atlantis...

Chandra
Spätestens nach "Asterix und Maestria" hätte man aufhören müssen. Gewisse Sachen will man einfach nicht wissen und gewisse Leute nicht kennenlernen. Dieser Band hat für mich die Lust auf weitere Asterix-Geschichten verdorben. Sehr schade!
Danielle Monroe
Apr 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is great for children that love comics! It's about super-heroes from the time of Julius Caesar. This book is one in a collection of Asterix books. If a student enjoys the silly antics of not-so-super super heroes, he/she will definitely enjoy this book!
Linda Hall
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Alyson
Jun 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read this but my 7 yo is reading the series and I've read parts of many of them. He's learning a lot of new words and will read for over an hour at a sitting so I'm giving the series 5 stars.
Derek Baldwin
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Various shenanigans at sea, and Obelix is returned to childhood (after a spell petrified) when he drinks a cauldron full of magic potions. Not quite fully up to scratch but nevertheless entertaining.
Arkadiusz  Frankowski
Great comic book with a lot of fun to read. If you are a comic book fan, it is definitely basis for you
Dr. McNippy
it is a little boring.. and very racist!
Veronica Molina
Piola. Igual me entretuve. Es como uno de los antiguos que no era tan espectaculares. No noté casi la diferencia, excepto pot detalles de humor menos finos que antes.
Jessica J.
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Asterix. I think its one of the best comics ever! ...more
Vicente L Ruiz
One of the worse books in the series. Not much more to say...
Christine_v
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The two stars is because somebody hit Idefix twice. Otherwise I would rate it with 3.
  • Asterix and the Great Crossing (Asterix, #22)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...

Astérix (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Astérix #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)