Start by marking “Honor And Pride (Guarding The Gods #2)” as Want to Read:
Honor And Pride (Guarding The Gods #2)

Honor And Pride

(Guarding the Gods #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  365 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
* * * TRIGGER WARNING * * *
The story line within this book deals with the topic of college hazing, which could be a trigger for some readers. Please consider this a warning as this may not be a book you’d be comfortable reading. * * *

Fizzbo is used to taking care of people. He’s the one in charge of the personal and professional security needs for both world-famous roc
Published March 28th 2017 by Rock Gods, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Honor And Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor And Pride

Wendy
3.5.png (1545×288):

First let me start by saying that I absolutely loved Ann Lister's "Rock God" series. So naturally when I found out that there would be a spin-off of that series, I wanted to read all those books too.

This is the second book in the "Guarding the Gods" series and though I enjoyed it, I was a bit confused. I figured with the name of the series, we would also get some celebrities....or at least some roadies from "Black Ice" or "Ivory Tower". No such luck though. Not even a glimpse of the "Rock Gods"
Christelle
**3 small stars**
Could be read as a standalone, this series being about the bodyguards of “Black Ice” and “Ivory Tower”, the rock bands from the “rock gods” series, and this time, it features Fizzbo, the security manager and Kensey, the new hairstylist of “Ivory Tower”. I was looking forward to get their story as the chemistry between them displayed in book 1 was palpable and promising.

Well, it didn’t deliver for me as I expected. The plot could have been riveting has it been more worked up and
Jaime
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
RTC
Tracy Perry
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! So good... I cried(of course) some parts were hard to read, some sweet & sexy hot ;) I so loved Fizzbo & Kensey <3 I'm happy their story was told. Looking forward to Mason's story!
T.M. Smith
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally! Fizzbo gets his story. Been waiting for this book for a very long time, so lets begin, shall we.
If you've been reading Lister's books since the Rock Gods series, then you know who Fizzbo is and what he's been through. You also know that the fire the guys survived weren't the only sparks flying on that tour. Let me start by saying the only thing about this book I didn't care for is Fizzbo's nickname. His name is actually Nick, so hence forth, I will refer to him as such since the name Fi
Joanne Swinney
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You learn something new everyday especially while reading. I had no clue what hazing meant and I was shocked to read about it.
Although there was a few tense moments in this story and I was hanging on the edge of my seat with shaky hands flicking through the pages, Ann Lister dealt with the storyline with sensitivity and empathy.
I’ve completely fell in love with Nick Honor’s character AKA Fizzbo. He’s the kind of alpha male we all dream about. Strong, loving, tender when needed, but also he’s p
Wendy Moore
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Ann. Loved Fizzbo ans Kens. A great addition to the series. The only thing I wished for was that there was some closure with Kensey and his grandfather....
Looking forward to Mason's story!!
Cindra
This installment in Ann Lister's "Guarding The Gods" series had some very poignant and heartbreaking moments. Although the plot focuses on the developing relationship between Fizzbo and Kensey, Lister touches on some troubling issues. Collegiate hazing can be fun, but there is a dark side to hazing, too. Many times, we hear about abuse and exploitation in hazing rituals but, to me, what is more tragic is what we don't hear about because people are afraid to come forward and share their experienc ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
I wasn't sure about this book, because I haven't really cared for Fizzbo in the other books he's been in. I have no clue why, because he was a likable character, but I just never quite warmed up to him. I didn't really like Kensey all that much either, so while I enjoyed the story and the romance portion of the book is done well, as all of Ann's books are, this couple just didn't do it for me.

What was amazing about this book was the mystery/suspense portion of it. It was phenomenal and if Ann ev
Jess
While I did enjoy this book more than I enjoyed the first one, Zac's Mulligan, I don't think I'll be revisiting this author's romances anytime soon.

I went ahead with this series after the first book because I was intrigued by the blossoming romance between tough security manager Fizzbo and young makeup artist Kensey. I'm always a sucker for those romances between such opposite characters, and the idea of big bad Fizzbo becoming all blushing and tongue-tied around Kensey seemed so fun.

But while
Caryn
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A SWEET TURMOIL!

There are lots of stories within this story which made it pleasing to me! Kensey has caught the eye of security man Fizzbo when in Berlin and the fire. Kensey has avoided the mandatory counseling until the final group session. His past is, according to himself, not pleasant and he is very protective of himself. Fizzbo is determined to make sure Kensey is safe in his arms but when Kensey disappears on his way to Las Vegas, Fizzbo jumps into action. What he finds is chilling and, s
Pam Kay
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great sequel in the Guarding the Gods Series. Well written with great character development and continuity. As the group continue to recover from the Berlin fire, Fizzbo, the security manager, finds himself hoping the man who has caught his eye in Europe on tour will show up at their last therapy session. Kensey seems to have vanished for unknown reasons, but Fizzbo has hopes. When he walks in the last session Fizzbo is beside himself and is determined to hopefully get to know Kensey bet ...more
Dennis
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Honor and Pride

Ann really knows how to make my emotions run, in which way I'm not always sure but it's always a good thing. Rizzo and Kensly have had a rough time dealing with what's happen to them, Kensly especially but hopefully some Honor and Pride can help them heal.
michelle Shelly
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fizzbo!!

Loved it! I absolutely love Fizzbo and Kensey. I really enjoyed the Rock Gods series but I have to say I think I'm liking these more. I love the characters, their stories and of course the sweet alpha men.
John-Torleif  Harris
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I can't decide if I liked Kensey or Fizzbo better. I started out with Fizzbo since we already knew him from before, but Kensey was just so likable that I couldn't get enough of him. I can't imagine how stressful Kensey's life must have been like before he met Nick, and was able to learn to trust him.

Fizzbo was just as honorable, and upstanding as I wanted him to be. I loved that he sympathized with Zac's desire to help Ben, but recognized that delivering vigilante justice wasn't the wa
Diane
Ann is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her characterization is spot on with each individual flawed and totally human. Even the 'bad guys' come up with a redeeming side...well except for the grandfather and Sean. Maybe not Adam either!

Still the only loose end was the grandfather and what happened to him! There was a vague reference indicating he may have pulled one string to many but I guess I'll have to wait and see if it's mentioned in GTG, #3. I'm hoping Fizzbo and Kensey get an
Dee
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
There was sooooo much love for this book from other readers that I had high hopes. Those hopes were dashed. There is a reason this book took months to make it off my to be read shelf. The story was as convoluted as ever one could be. I felt the connection between the MCs but the dirty talk and the conundrum of a backstory was more frustrating than intriguing.
Why in heavens name if you are being threatened do you not tell your security professional boyfriend. Like WTF??? Then in an attempt to sa
Amber
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fizzbo and Kensey

These two kind of surprised me. The chemistry and sexual tension was off the charts HOT between them. It was more than that with them though so it was more of a slow burn in the beginning. Fizzbo's dirty mouth made even a kiss erotic though ;)

Kensey really has a rough past and has the mental scars from it. He really wants Fizzbo but it more hesitate and scared to really take that next step. Luckily Fizzbo is patient and persistent. He knew what he wanted and he was going for it
Pam Brooks
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Getting to Your HEA isn't Always Easy

Ann Lister creates beautiful, loving stories, and gets her fantastic characters to their HEA. That, as in real life, doesn't always go smoothly. However isn't that often the point of a satisfying read? Ann has done it again with Honor and Pride...proving that Love is Love. While you can read this book as a standalone I will encourage you to seek out all of her books.
T.L. Travis
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Of course I loved it!

I think my favorite part is how the characters from both series intertwine. But this one took on a very dark element which kept me on the edge of my seat. Loved it!
Denise GremoryKohta
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!

This one had the roughest scenes yet but still kept a food balance of light and dark. Hazing is a serious issue. And occurs in more places than just college or schools. I'm so glad Ann Lister brought this to people's attention.
Dee Winston
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ready or not

Sometimes when you know you just know. And that's how it was with Fizzbo when he met Kensey. He didn't know that Kensey came with alot of baggage. but nothing could keep him away. And Kensey better be ready.
Julie scott
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honor And Pride (Guarding The Gods Book 2)

Loved it it was as great as the first one outstanding beginning to end can't wait to read more of this series and keep reading them ....
Kimberly Givan
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it

It was ok. Not as engaging as book one.
The scene at the cabin was a little far fetched. The situation wrapped up nicely.
Book three looks promising.
*Nan*
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Char Moore
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Read!

Love this author and series! Have read every book that this author has written. Can't wait for the next book to arrive. Happy reading!!!!!!
Simera
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just loved the chemistry between Fizzbo and Kensey. Kensey just made my heart break with everything he had to go through past and present.
David Alexander
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lister
~4.5 Stars
Jax
Aug 18, 2017
Ricci
Jul 04, 2017
Ann Lister is a native New Englander currently living in Florida with her husband. She has pulled details from her years living in the New England area and uses many local settings and landmarks in her novels.

After graduating art school, marrying, and raising two daughters, she established her own video production company. Her nearly two decades working in video production included work within t

Guarding the Gods (4 books)
  • Zac's Mulligan (Guarding the Gods, #1)
  • More Than My Words (Guarding The Gods, #3)
  • The Black Key Journal (Guarding The Gods, #4)