Start by marking “Mr. Rook (Mr. Rook's Island, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Rook (Mr. Rook's Island, #1)

Mr. Rook

(Mr. Rook's Island #1)

From NEW YORK TIMES Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, Comes Part One of Mr. Rook's Island, a Sexy, Dark, Romantic Suspense.
~~~~~
He's Enigmatic, Dangerously Handsome, and COMPLETELY OFF-LIMITS...

ebook, First Edition
Published 2017 by P&S, Inc - Mimi Boutique

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Rook, please sign up.
Mimi Pamfiloff Hi there! PAWN is scheduled for an OCT/NOV release. Because of the unique plot, I'm leaving myself a little wiggle room for editing. The best way to…moreHi there! PAWN is scheduled for an OCT/NOV release. Because of the unique plot, I'm leaving myself a little wiggle room for editing. The best way to get a release alert is through my newsletter. Sign up link can be found on mimijean.net. THANK YOU for asking! Mimi(less)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Mr. Rook is book one in the brand new series, Rook’s Island, by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff. I have read every one of Mimi Jean’s books and in every one, she finds a new way to surprise me, shock me, amaze me. And, she did it again!

Mr. Rook - Mimi Jean Pamfiloff:

Stephanie Fitzgerald is twenty six years old, She was studying for her graduate school finals when her older sister, Cici, announced she was going away for a weeks vacation to a fantasy island where every wish is made to come true. You can live out your wildest sexual fantasi
Sophia Triad
“I’m sorry, Stephanie. But I am the one thing on this island you cannot have.”

That sounds like a challenge to me or a very well orchestrated set-up.

First of all, I wouldn’t really characterize the book as “romance”. It is more a mystery book - at least the first book of the trilogy, because I don’t know how this will end.
The romance aspects are barely touched and the relationship between Mr. Rook and Stephanie varies
from hatred,
to curiosity,
to forbidden and unexpressed lust,
to disgust and
t
Dali
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
99cents SALE ENDS 12/1 http://amzn.to/2oaS1ol

Mimi’s ingenuity and amazing writing skills shine through in this very original and sexy romantic suspense.

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2oaS1ol
Pinterest -> https://es.pinterest.com/mimijeanroma...
Dianne
Welcome to the island that fulfills your most secret desires, ladies! It will come at a price, and you are sworn to secrecy, but it is guaranteed that for one glorious week you will be indulged, pampered and be treated like the queen, siren, or sex slave you want to be in your deepest fantasies. You will go home, and know that no matter what life has given you or will do so in the future, you have that exquisite memory to cherish always.

Who better to give us that dream island retreat than Mimi J
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Hmm, how this book made me feel... I’m confused. Intrigued. Scandalized? Ok, maybe not scandalized. It would take more than this to be scandalized, but it’s not for the faint of heart. This was one big ball of mysterious possibilities and Mimi Jean Pamfiloff has me very curious to where she is headed with this series. You will need to check reality at the door because what part one is hinting at is pretty out there and yet, I’m hooked. I’m a fan of this authors writing so despite all the crazy t ...more
Snow
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Say whaaaaat?!

First off, I was like a Cheshire cat smiling while reading the blurb of the Island, somewhere out of the government's radar, in the Bahamas area, that offers any and every fantasy you desire! It's a vacation of your dreams for a spicy price, of course...and it's Mr Rook's Island, and exclusive, secretive resort where everything goes, fulfilling your deepest need and desires...

I'm fuckin there...

And then, the story takes off when the main heroine Stephanie Brenna (actually Fitzger
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Fans of the old 1970’s television show will find the initial premise familiar, but with a sexy, buff, enigmatic man in charge of a high-tech island designed to fulfill a woman’s every fantasy, Mr. Roarke will need to step aside! Mr. Rook is a creeptastic take on the old Fantasy Island series, and it left me guessing and suspecting and panting for more.

The subject of the story is one which always fascinated me. If you could have your fantasies come true, would you? What would they be? What length
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Mr. Rook Stars

Mr. Rook is an okay book. I bought it because it was on sale for 99 cents and I like duet books, call me crazy but I love a cliffy. I have purchase a few Mimi’s books because she knows how to advertise good books. She has great premises and covers.

The thing is, I usually start and not finish her books or I rate them an average rating. This is my honest opinion and I’ll say this, her writing isn’t for me. I tried I really did.

This wasn’t a bad book, but it was a book that just did
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is the beginning to another brilliant series by Mimi Jean.

Rook Island is not on the maps and very few actually know about it with people only telling close friends about it.

An island where only women's fantasy are made to come true and only women are eligible to become guests for a hefty price tag.

Stephanie is a strong woman set on a mission to find her missing sister and she will do anything to get informatio
Cali Jewel
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first part of what promises to be a darkly sexy, fantastically clever, emotionally jarring and completely addicting island adventure with a side of mind twisting mystery I can't seem to get enough of thanks to this brilliant story teller.

Stephanie Fitzgerald is brilliant, sassy and fearlessly determined to find her sister or at the very least what happened to her on her island vacation. She goes undercover making a deal with the devil to get access to a top secret island getaway whe
Wynne Katherine
Aug 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: priority-books

Okay

This one looks hella good and I am so interested to read it. But the question is : I heard this one is supposed to be a trilogy. So where the hell is book three?
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

Happy face, i loved it!!!

Welcome to “Fantasy Island.” Where you pay fifty K and they make your wildest fantasies come true. One week in Heaven.....

And not everyone comes home from vacation.

."My name is Stephanie Fitzgerald. I am twenty-six years old, London born, New York raised.
My special feature was my tenacity. Once I set out to do something, I achieved my goal no matter how difficult."

Stephanie

The man’s face and powerful-looking body flipped a switch deep inside, triggering a lust that sham
Melanie A.
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I think you should add smug and insensitive to your list of sins, Mr. Rook."
Huh... I just got blindsided by this book - in the best possible way!

When her sister doesn't return from a dream vacation on a mysterious island, Stephanie goes in search of her. She finds herself going head-to-head with the owner of the island, Mr. Rook, as she tries to puzzle out just what happened to her beloved sister.

So, the best word for this story is ENTERTAINING! It sure kept me turning the pages, because I
Julie
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rook is an Island not too many people know about and you need a lot of cash to go there, that is if you've been excepted and the owner Mr Rook is a mystery unto him-self, not to much is known about him. The Island offers fantasy vacations for women and any thing thats desire is catered for making every woman's wish come true.
Stephanie's sister had won a trip to this island but had never returned, Stephanie intends to find out what happened which means she'll have to visit the island and get on t
Terri
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful island with a deadly secret...

Mr. Rook's island is the exclusive fantasy getaway known only by word of mouth that women are DYING to visit. Imagine if you will, a place like the old T.V. show Fantasy Island with the handsome and mysterious James Rook acting as our host, every person there is to cater to your every whim but something is amiss...

Stephanie Fitzgerald's older sister Cici won a $50,000 trip to Mr. Rook's island and never returned home. Believing her older sister to be de
Hannah
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Mr. Rook is the first part of Mimi Jean Pamfiloff's newest series Mr. Rook's Island. Yes I said PART meaning there is a cliffhanger, frankly when it comes to Mimi it only surprises me when there isn't a cliffhanger. Mr. Rook's Island is a Fantasy Island-esk place, (rumor has it the tv show was based on the real life Mr. Rook's Island, or so says the book) Here woman granted a fantasy, something they have always wished to do, and for a pretty penny Mr. Rook grants that wish. The public
Debra Johnson
Mr. Rook by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Genres; I have a special shelf for books like this. One named 'Author Rejects'.
1 Star (Simply because I didn't find many editing errors)

Positives & Negatives
Started off good. Had a lot of promise. Had an interesting premise, played on the old series from t.v. 'Fantasy Island'. I read a lot of 5 star reviews before I downloaded it.
I would like to head slap every person who left a 5 star review! This thing is so bad it actually made me angry for wasting my time
Marta Cox
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Well this delightful offering from this author kind of reminded me of a cross between the old Fantasy Island tv show and Lost ! Gorgeous, sinful and mysterious Mr Rook owns an island where if you can pay the price your wildest fantasy can come true . Sounds too good to be true doesn't it ? Well maybe that's because it is and there's something at work here that goes way beyond the norm and trust me there's never been a theme park quite like this.
Stephanie knows her sister visited Rooks island but
Beth
A secret island where all a woman’s deepest fantasy can come true, for a price, Stephanie Fitzgerald is searching for who disappeared on this island.

Plots and machinations that only could come from Pamfiloff’s imaginings will boggle your mind and keep you glued to the pages.

And What FREAKIN' a cliffhanger!

If words could become heat, Pamfiloff Mr. Rook would have started an inferno...it is that HOT HOT HOT!

My Rating: 5 Stars
Written by: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Series: Mr. Rook's Island, Part One
Paperb
Kelli
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so bummed it's over. Yes, there's a cliffhanger, but that's typical Mimi and I expected it, however, I just wanted to keep reading. I'm hooked!! So many unexplained things left to uncover and I'm excited to see how everything is explained. But mostly it's a great read and I want more! Definitely recommended!!

I received a review copy in exchange for an honest review.
Vickie
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stick another feather in your cap Mimi, this book has me hooked and I wait patiently (not really, I need to know what happens next ASAP…please) to see where that last chapter of revelations leads us to in the next book.

Stephanie is driven by the grief of not knowing what happened to her sister and her take no crap attitude will let nothing stand in the way of finding out the truth, not even the devastatingly handsome and mysterious Mr. Rook.

I received a REVIEW copy in exchange for an honest rev
Laura Wollam
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mimi Jean Pamfiloff never ceases to amaze me with her writing skills, and MR. ROOK is no exception. I was drawn in from the first sentence and couldn’t put the book down. The characters were simply amazing, the details of the island drew a vivid picture in my imagination. I really felt like I was there with Stephanie, the main character that is trying to find out what happened to her sister Cici when she visited Rook’s Island.

The first in a 3-book series, Mr. Rook introduces us to Rook’s Island,
Lisa
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a hard time putting this book down to do 'adult things' like going to work!! I was hooked on this book at page one. The tension between Rook and Stephanie was palpable and hot. This pair reminded me a lot of King and Mia from the King series but the mystery surrounding Rook was so much different. There is so much that I can say about this book but I don't know where to start other than if you don't like cliffhangers then this book is not for you. I just can't wait to see where this book go ...more
Molly Carson
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr Rook, what can I say a say about this book?  OMG, Mimi does it again! She pulls you into the story and you feel like you are right there. Stephanie's sister wins a week long vacation at a very secretive island that can make your fantasy come true. Only problem is she never returned. Stephanie has to find the truth and finds a way to get on the island, which isn't easy. It's not advertised, only whispers of a "fantasy island" can be found. It takes month's of digging but she finally finds a wa ...more
Shiboune
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are no brochures, no advertising, no website and no government acknowledges its existence. But somewhere West of the Bermuda Triangle in Bahamian waters is an island, spoken about only in whispers where women go to have their wildest romantic fantasies fulfilled for the bargain price of $50k. The island is rife with secrets and not all is what it appears to be. But what happens when guests don’t return home after their week of bliss?

There is nothing Mr Rook’s staff can’t deliver. His eyes
Kathryn Synoracki
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! You never know what to expect from this author! This book has the air of mystery and I can't wait for the next one in this series, so I can get closer to figuring it out! Here you have a story in a story! I highly recommend this book and all the books this author has written!
Coco.V
Aug 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on iBooks today (8/11/2018)!💝

Blurb:
He's Enigmatic, Dangerously Handsome, and COMPLETELY OFF-LIMITS...

The women who vacation on Mr. Rook's exclusive island are looking for one thing and one thing only: to have their wildest romantic fantasies come to life. Pirates, cowboys, billionaires--there's nothing Rook's staff can't deliver.

But when Stephanie Fitzgerald's sister doesn't return after her week in paradise, Stephanie will have to pose as a guest in order to dig for answers. Unfortunately
Paganalexandria
Aug 08, 2018 marked it as in-collection-already
Kathy O'Toole
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Mr. Rook by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff! Lucky for me I got an advance copy to read and review. This book is amazing!! Without giving away too much, the main character puts herself into a deal with a very bad man in order to go to an exclusive island where her older sister disappeared. It's a fantasy island for women only!! What Stephanie finds on this island is way more than she bargains for. This is book one of a three book set and the cliffhanger at the end will leave you beggin ...more
Kathleen R.
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Mr. Rook
Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

5 amazing stars

This isn't my first rodeo with Mimi Jean Pamfiloff and just when i think i know what i'm getting myself into, what i'm expecting in her books or even what'll happen in her books, i get hit with the shocker of my day... or maybe week. At this point, i don't know anymore. But one thing is for sure - should have known better. Should have known that Mimi Jean Pamfiloff would blow my mind and then make me more than a little impatient for the
  • Silver Skin (Cold Iron, #2)
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
  • Leon's Lair
  • The Savage Protector (Savage, #5)
  • Meeting Them (Wings of Artemis, #3.5)
  • Tempered (The St. Croix Chronicles, #4)
  • Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • Blood Reunited (Blood Vine #3)
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Denied (The Monster Trilogy Book 2)
  • A Summer Romance (The Devereaux Manor Mystery #1)
  • The Token 6 (The Token, #6)
  • Reckoning (Fallen Siren, #2)
  • Breath of Fire (Rena Drake, #1)
  • Wake Up Married serial, Episodes 1 - 3: Wake Up Married, Meet the Family, Do the Holidays (Wake Up Married #1-3)
  • A Furious Muse (The Golden Key Legacy, #1)
  • Sparked (Independence Falls, #1)
  • Fateful Reunion (Scanguards Vampires, #11.5)
Because Mimi wants to focus on writing and her freakin' awesome fans, she does NOT monitor this site. PLEASE GO TO her Facebook
FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MimiJ...

or her website:
www.mimijean.net, and sign up for her newsletter if you want the latest FREEBIES and news!
****
S.F. Native, MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling romance author. Although she obta

Mr. Rook's Island (4 books)
  • Pawn (Mr. Rook's Island, #2)
  • Check (Mr. Rook's Island #3)
  • Boxed Set: Mr. Rook's Island Series