Start by marking “Promdi Heart (Hometown Love Stories)” as Want to Read:
Promdi Heart (Hometown Love Stories)

Promdi Heart (Hometown Love Stories)

Take a quick tour of the Philippines with six hometown love stories.

Visit Jimenez, Misamis Occidental where a priest might just set you up with a man whose dimples are to die for.

Visit Silay, Negros Occidental and get on a horse alongside hunky, hazel-eyed Negrense royalty.

Visit Kalibo, Aklan and find yourself in the arms of a cute drummer boy who just happens to be your
Kindle Edition
Published March 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Promdi Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promdi Heart

Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
Signed up for the Blog Tour and received an ARC (epub copy) of this anthology in exchange for an honest review.

It is my first time joining a Blog Tour so I don’t have any idea how it works but I totally have a gist on how it’s being done. My curiosity about joining a blog tour spark up when I saw this soon to be published book Promdi Heart, because it is a romanceclass I had to sign up for the blog tour and of course these authors are the foundation of #romanceclass I need to read this anthology
Kathleen Adraneda
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
 I knew hard it is to pull a short story but these authors did it! It is overwhelming how these short stories can give you so much feels. A good thing about this book was, even if each story has limited pages, the stories doesn’t feel any less. Showcasing different province and culture in the Philippines is a good setting, this made me know more about our beloved country. I am craving for more from this book that I wish each title included will have their own novel, I felt that it would be fanta ...more
Laura (bbliophile)
I want to thank the authors of this anthology for sending me an e-ARC of Promdi Heart. I really appreciate it.

I usually don’t really like anthologies, especially romance one’s. I need time to get to know the characters before I feel invested in their story, and before I can really root for their romance. However, I actually ended up liking Promdi Heart!

Every story had something I liked. The first story had a very cute love interest with dimples, the second story was written in letter form and to
kb
I would recommend this to those who hesitate to read romance, for those who want to travel by page around this beautiful country and finally, for those who still need convincing that, why, yes, romance might just be more fun in the Philippines.

Read the rest of my review on Bookbed.
Natalie
I was intrigued when I heard about this anthology, and had to sign up for an ARC.

I've really loved reading already released and some upcoming romance class books (i'm slowly trying to work my way through the ones already out there) so I was pretty interested in this one as it features six stories set in six different provinces in the Philippines. I review each story below.

**Only the Beginning By C. P. Santi

First things first, the hero has dimples! i'm a sucker for them ok :) Dimples aka Martin
Jeremae
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I JUST DEVOURED AND LOVED EACH STORY. FULL REVIEW IS DONE AND WILL BE POSTED SOON!
Mayumi Cruz
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
PromdiHeart is the kind of book that can very effectively showcase our beautiful country and its multi-cultural diversity and lure both tourists and expats to come here through the power of romance literature.

Each story brought out several endearing features of its setting, from the food, to the dialect spoken, to the provincial folks and their traditional way of life, even the architecture - woven into the universal language of love through the story-telling of six romantic relationships.

Disti
Lynai
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Back To The Stars by Agay Llanera would be my top favorite story in this compilation. I like Leah’s feisty character. Hers is a story of growing up, stepping out of the comfort zone, wading in uncertain waters, and eventually finding her self and the things that really matter — but not without a little help from a hunk fisherman. 😉

Complete review at It's A Wonderful Bookworld.
Katt Briones
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This anthology just hits you in all the right spots, making you miss places and memories of your hometown and at the same time giving you a glimpse of what the culture and food are like in other parts of the country. It reminded me of how rich the country's heritage is as well. The stories made me want to visit all the featured towns and places. Aside from all the feels (tears, kilig, and sometimes secondhand embarrassment from the dyahe moments!), I found it very educational also. I'd definitel ...more
Abbie
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-class
Promdi Heart: Hometown Love Stories is a collaboration between 6 awesome romance class authors and which brings us to different provinces in the Philippines. Each story beautifully written by each author. Every word never fails to make me squeal in kilig, smile and laugh out loud at each antics, and also tear-up at some points. Also this book made me want to visit each provinces that were mentioned, making me proud that there's so many beautiful places in our country that you can visit. Another ...more
Rachelle Belaro
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review posted in my blog.
Olivia Chanel's Galaxy of Books
Thank you to the authors for my e-arc of Promdi Heart. I really appreciate the opportunity to read and review this book early!

Promdi Heart is a cute anthology with short stories from six different authors. There were lots of romantic moments I enjoyed. However, there were a few issues I had with a few of the stories, which is why I have a hard time deciding where between 3 and 4 stars my rating lands. I think the most accurate rating is 3.5 stars but I do think my favorite stories of the antholo
claridge | booknomnom
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is also available in my blog, along with pre-order links!

I’m not really great with anthologies. I always feel uprooted whenever a short story ends and disconcerted when a new one begins. But to my surprise, Promdi Heart delivers beautifully in how I find closure and a thirst to learn more about the people and the places in the stories.

The collection starts with C.P. Santi’s Only the Beginning. As a fledgling #romanceclass reader, I am so happy to discover C.P. Santi’s works because t
Paola Aliedo
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Only the Beginning by C.P. Santi: This is the second story that I read from Miss Caryn and I must say that you are one of the Filipino writers that I know that can really make my heart flutters upside down! I fell in love with your writing style when I read Dare to Love and in Only the Beginning, you let me deeply fall in love with your characters! Thank you for making me hungry with the pasalubongs. I want more donuts; I mean more Martin and Andy’s moments please!

Letters About A Boy by Ines Bau
Bookbed
This book is one of our Recommended Reads! Read our post here.

PLUS! We interviewed all six authors of this anthology! Read our three-part feature series here.

Please note: We don't use ratings but for this purpose, we tag books with three stars by default.
Would like to be a reviewer/contributor to Bookbed? Sign up here!
We also accept review requests. More info here.
Miel Salva
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's impossible to read this in one sitting. At least that was the case for me. Because I needed at least a day to savor the new place my imagination took me to just by reading each short story, before I could turn the page and read another story set on a different location.

#PromdiHeart is not just an anthology of romantic stories. It can also be a travelogue that might come in handy should the reader who hasn't been in any of the locations described visit the places.

Brain Tabs
Promdi Heart is a compilation of six stories by different authors. It takes the reader on a quick tour of the Philippines with love stories featuring different hometowns.

Only the Beginning by C.P. Santi is an enemies to friends to lovers story. We get to know about Andi and Martin, who started on the wrong foot. Andi, deservedly tagged as hugot girl, had an outburst about being used when Manileño Martin discussed about the cultural mapping project for the town of Jimenez. They end up working to
Anne
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unlike other anthologies where some stories were dragging, Promdi Heart was very easy to read, everything was light-hearted and left me feeling happy. The stories captured the charm and laid-back feel of the provinces, making me feel like I was right there. Kudos to the authors for putting together an anthology that captured the charm of provincial Philippines and the feel-good romance that comes with it!
Mabel
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a probinsyana through and through, I was really happy with this collection of stories. It brought about so many childhood memories, tales of ligawan from cousins and friends, and maybe a few of my own. I love how the authors reminded me of the things I truly love about the probinsya life, that no matter what the glitzy and vibrant city life offers, I keep coming back here. To the province. To home. <3
Ailla Magcamit
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5/5

Review to follow!
Irish
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story will transported you in different hometown at the Philippines, were mostly about their childhood and culture of each provinces. Though for me some story has cliffhanger. I hope they will have a stand-alone story for each of them.
AC
Jaimeeh Telan
Jul 15, 2017
H. Bentham
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This came in a wonderful time as I had been having bad bouts of homesickness and what better way to travel the Philippines on a budget than to read stories set in them!

While I consider all six authors to be #romanceclass superstars, two of them I’ve had the chance to read only for the first time in this anthology collection. Because the stories are short (I want them all to be longerrrr!), I’ll be reviewing the stories on their own first, and then the whole collection after. Here we go!

1. Only t
Samantha Louise Borbe
Oct 25, 2017
Niva
rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2017
V.C. Buckley
Aug 22, 2017
Georgette began writing novels as Edith Joaquin of My Special Valentine Tagalog (Filipino) Romance pocketbooks, published by Bookware Publishing Corp. She started writing in English and self-pubbing works in the middle of 2015.
Gette works best at night, is also an editor, a public/media relations consultant, loves to cook pasta dishes and to eat caramel cake.