Start by marking “Netherfield Prep (Austen Reimagined: P&P #1)” as Want to Read:
Netherfield Prep (Austen Reimagined: P&P #1)

Netherfield Prep

(Austen Reimagined: P&P #1)

It is a truth universally assumed that a stupidly rich boy must be in want of a girlfriend.
It is a truth universally
acknowledged that a girl who has just travelled half a world must be in want of a bed.

From her first day at pompous boarding school Netherfield, fiery Australian Lily Brewer comes up against the arrogance of Austin Cooper. Austin and his twin Jax are the hot
Published April 6th 2017 by Sleeping Dragon Books

To ask other readers questions about Netherfield Prep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Netherfield Prep

Kristin Davison
I would like to thank the author for sending me a free copy in return for an honest review.
The setting for this P&P update is very clever, all of the main characters are at a boarding school together. The style of writing is engaging and very funny at times. The alternating pov's give an extra dimension to the story telling.
I'm less impressed with how closely it sticks to the original, some of the events and language used don't really fit the modern setting.
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
3.5 stars --(Note: I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to author. I am glad I got a chance to read this book.)

Netherfield Prep is modern retelling of Pride & Prejudice.

Character Identification: Austin- Mr. Darcy; Lily- Elizabeth; Jackson (Jax)- Mr. Bingley; Anne- Jane; Kate and Gemma- Lydia and Kitty; Anders- Wickham

Lily, after her mother’s death, joins Netherfield boarding school with her step-sisters, Gemma and Kate. On the first day of the school
Zoe (Attic Salt Reviews)
I simply must start of by saying this novel earned a massive tick from the start because it is based of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, I dare say the greatest love story of all time – Romeo and Juliet have nothing on the dear Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy. I truly appreciate how true to the original story this was and thoroughly enjoyed picking out all the characters and matching them with their Pride and Prejudice muses. What I found to be so intriguing about this book is that, while it was ...more
FANTASIAH
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A modern version of Pride and prejudice.. The one and only..
I want to first.; thank the dear author for granting me with a free copy in exchange of an Honest review! And I really appreciate it
I liked the book very much.. It was amusing and funny at times it really made me giggle..
I loved Austen..(our Mr. Darcy) his personality.. Loyalty and protection for the ones closest to him..and his affection (so to say) to our Lily (my dear Elizabeth) whom I really loved and enjoyed her witness and self
Colleen Scidmore
I have never had the pleasure of reading Pride & Prejudice and obviously it isn't fair to compare a YA re telling to the classic but after reading Netherfield Prep I don't think I will have the urge to read P&P anytime soon.

The book itself wasn't that bad it just dragged a bit and some of the language for a "modern day" retelling irked me. Plus the ending started to get a little bit sappy to me.
And I had some issues with some of the characters as well. Lily was a little too strong will
C.P. Cabaniss
*I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.*

The premise to this was really interesting to me. It's a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice set in a boarding school. I wanted to love it. Unfortunately, there was little that I really enjoyed.

At the beginning I thought it might be interesting, change things up a bit, and give its own charm to the classic tale that I love so much. For me, however, it kept things too like the original story, which didn't work in this time an
Sharon Mariampillai
I receive a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 3.5

Thank you Elizabeth Stevens for the opportunity to read your book. This was a great read. This was a great reimagined version of Pride & Prejudice. I really enjoyed it. The writing style was great, and it made the story more relatable. The characters were great as well. Austin was the Mr. Darcy of the story, and I think seeing his softer and nicer side was great. His twin brother, Jax, was Mr. Darcy best f
filming.pages
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2018
*Thak you Voracious Readers and Elizabeth Stevens for the free copy of this book in exchange with an honest review*

I have to admit I had high expectations for this book! What I mean with that is that I wasn't expecting to be anything close to Austen's work, but I was expecting to find all the characters I already love in a new background, but with the same personalities in the original book. "Netherfield Prep" managed to live up to my expectations and I devoured the book in two days' time!

I won'
Cabiria Aquarius
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Me: *finishes ebook a bit past midnight.*
Me: *selects next ebook for current read.*
Me: Oh I’ll just read the first chapter because why not?

*Fourteen other chapters later.*

Me: Oh crap?
Me: Reads the remaining chapters of 61 total in the rest of the day with time still remaining...

WHAT????

Damn. Why did I want to read this?
Oh yeah because it’s an Austen modernized.
Why did I want to go through the inevitable heartache and confusion?
Oh yeah because I figured it would be totally worth it.
Was it wo
Elizabeth
Apr 12, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-work
This was, to date, my favourite book to write! It gave me a whole new appreciation for the original, for Austen's wit and words, and for Darcy's point of view. Editing was a pain since I kept getting distracted by the story. But, I figure an author who loves their work can't be a bad thing. My aim with this story was to bring a love of Austen's world to a new readership and give people a bit of entertainment.
Lily and Austin will always be my OTP, and I'm hard at work writing the next chapters in
Elizabeth Mathis
A modern reimagining of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice'.

When Lily Brewer’s mum dies, she’s shipped to the other side of the world to her step-sisters’ pompous English boarding school, Netherfield.

There, she meets Austin Cooper. Arrogant as hell but with abs to die for, Austin soon becomes the bane of her existence.

His twin brother, Jax, is the complete opposite. Kind and sweet, Jax soon strikes up a thing with Lily’s roommate, Anne.

Austin, though seems keen to keep them apart.

Will pride and
Bunnita (Worth Reading It?)
Good read. I can't speak on how well it is compared to Pride abd Prejudice because i haven't read any Jane Austin books. Hey hey hey now don't yall go beating up in me. In my defense, I have started Pride and Prejudice a couple of times.

Anyway, it was story story. Lily mom had died and she now has to live with her gold digging dad and stepmom. I liked how the rokes were reversed with parents. I have to say that even though I liked the hea I wasn't fond of Austin.

The way he meddled in his brothe
Karen Barber
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm guessing if you've picked this up it's because you're a fan of the source. This sticks incredibly faithfully to Austen's novel, but giving it the updated setting/characters. For the most part it works well, providing us with an entertaining romance.
There's no getting away from the fact that Austin and Lily are the stars of the show. Their spats are great fun to read, though I was less keen on the continued references to Austin's rock-hard abs. There were plenty of things Lily came to love ab
Bonnie
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
First I would like to thank the author for gifting me a copy .
To start with I was not getting into this story then I remembered that the first time I read this story the names were different and the times were different and I was an awful lot younger. Change a little focus and there was the story I know and love. The more I read the more I enjoyed.
Young Adults will love the love story in this book, they will fall in love with Austin an obnoxious,arrogant,rich boy who meets a Lily who travels ha
Kimberly Kwan
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!

If you must know, i loved Pride and Prejudice and i was a bit hesitant to read this, scared that i might be disappointed or that the classic story might be butchered and not given any justice. But i was proved wrong.

This book has been true to the original one in a way that the author has kept most of the things that made Pride and Prejudice, what Pride and Prejudice is.

First off, the author has more than creatively turned things a bit and made it into a modern versi
Alaina
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not many people know that I absolutely adore the OG of Pride and Prejudice. It is absolutely, hands down, my favorite book to read. So when there was an opportunity to read an updated version of P&P, I was definitely down. It was obvious from the start that Austin and Lily, two of the main characters, were adorable and I quite loved their arguments. Throughout the book I could not help myself from comparing scenes to the original, and while I did love the characters, I think some of the scen ...more
Nick Pollack
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I want to thank the author for a free copy of her enjoyable book in exchange for an honest review.

Most readers will be drawn to this re-imagining as existing fans of 'Pride & Prejudice', but as someone who is only familiar with the story through the screen adaptations, I will provide a review from someone coming to it with fresher eyes.

The characters all had charm and something relatable about them, however for 17-18 year olds, I though they occasionally spoke a little too 'worldly'. I appre
Anna Duffield
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew it was going to be a great modern Pride and Prejudice adaptation when the classic opening line was altered to "It is a truth universally assumed that a stupidly rich boy must be in want of a girlfriend".

I am a huge Jane Austen (and now I must admit Austin Cooper) fan. While I of course love reading the original Pride and Prejudice, I have always enjoyed the spin-offs too and Netherfield Prep did not disappoint. What I particularly loved about Netherfield Prep was that is seems to have bee
Alix West
We started with full marks for premise (contemporary Pride & Prejudice set in an English boarding school) but then suffered many full- and half-star deductions for things I cannot abide, including but not limited to: (view spoiler) ...more
Nikki
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Netherfield Prep by Elizabeth Stevens is a 3.5 star read. This is a modern take on Pride and Prejudice.
Lily Brewer has just moved half way across the world after her mother died, she was sent straight from the airport to a boarding school. Lily’s father has the idea that she should find herself a rich husband so she’d be set up for life but she has other plans.
Austin Cooper is one of the richest and best looking guys at Netherfield Prep along with his identical twin brother, Austin has a const
Elin Eriksen
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: modern, sweet
A decent modern variation of Pride and Prejudice where the "translation" from regency to contemporary had it's wincing moments...

Lily Brewer (Elizabeth), was an Australian that had just moved to England after her mother died.

Austin Cooper (Darcy), was an orphaned heir with a twin brother Jackson (Bingley). Jane will be recognised as Lily's roommate Anne.
I will let you discover who was who of the rest of the characters, if you chose to read it.

The story unfolds at college and has the adolescent
Elizabeth Mekler
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Please note that I received a free copy for an honest review. (Elizabeth, thank you so much, I really liked it!)

Overall a really fun read. Stevens manages to capture the essentials of the original Pride & Prejudice characters while giving them a fun little twist. Elizabeth (Lily) remains the same intelligent and sassy girl that she was in the original. Darcy (Oz) is also still the same aloof aristocrat but that's where the parallels end.

Welcome to a Pride & Prejudice that's contemporar
Joseph Shanks Jr.
Good read.

Beautifully written. I was hooked from page one. I love how the story was re-imagined. It still had the arrogance, pride and romance as the original. Even some of the same language. This version, however, was funnier and easier to read. Normally, I would say don't mess with the classics. I make exception for this! Kudos!
Tuseey
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected

U guess my expectation was too high., because this was a bit disappointing to me. I liked that she retold pride and prejudice, but there was a lot that I just didn't like.
First Lily - I can't stand her, she seems loud and crass. Always swearing and ended up in arguments with everyone bar Anne. She's violent and believes her justice is the only one. I have no idea why everyone including Austin was falling for her. She seemed to be brooding throughout the entire story.
Austin-
Catriona Laurie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Pride & Prejudice is one of my all time favourite novels, and so I can't resist any book that uses it as an inspiration. I have read many modern retellings, both adult and YA, and there have been very few that I failed to at least finish.
This is one of those few.
I enjoyed the characters and the writing was competent enough (with only minor hiccups that a decent edit would've picked up). My problem with the book was that it tried too hard to be faithful to the original. Scenes from Austens'
Kimberly Kowalski
3.5 Stars

It's a Pride and Prejudice retelling, so right there I'm pretty well hooked. Stevens did a good job of adapting a classic to a modern-day boarding school, most of her alterations were quite believable and worked well.

(view spoiler)
Loyalhistorian
I say 3 to 3.5 stars. Overall, I really did like it. I thought she did a good job of making it a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice. I really like Elizabeth Stevens and her style. I think maybe I didn't care for this book as much as her others because she was being confined to a box of sorts? I mean, she had to keep to the main structure of the original. I felt like it might have stifled her usual style and creativity that I've come to love. I'm glad I read it, it was cute, and it was a qui ...more
Pauline Anne
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A modern version of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Must say had mixed feelings. Loved the teen characters whereas the parent figures were unrealistic as were some episodes.
Don't really think 15 year olds are looking for potential rich husbands. Would have stayed with a steady boyfriend or just a hook up.Easier to believe.
Liked the adaptions of some episodes in the original. Some work better than others.
On the whole, quite a good high school romance with some wit and humour to liven it up.
Felix Long
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
What if Mr Darcy wasn’t such a snob as he appeared? What if he was actually just a shy introvert hiding behind condescension and arrogance?

And what if he had a twin brother. The Dr Jekyll to Darcy’s Mr Hyde?

And what if Elizabeth Bennett’s sass was amplified by Australian common sense and scorn of the money ladder pecking order, the rungs upon which her posh boarding school chums perch?

Welcome to Netherfield Prep.
Jacqui Cosgrove
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love a good love story you will love this

I am a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice and I was initially skeptical in how this book was going to modernize the tale with a key to original being the nuanced language and situational predicaments. I was completely sucked into this book and was eagerly anticipating the critical scenes and I was not disappointed. I feel the same about this book as I did about Pride and Prejudice, I need a sequel.

• Mansfield
  • Four Sides of a Triangle
  • First (Wrong) Impressions
  • A Royal Disposition: A Pride and Prejudice Novel
  • Longbourn to London
  • Most Truly (Love at Pemberley, #1)
  • Hope For Mr. Darcy (Hope Trilogy, #1)
  • Thursday's Child
  • Mister Darcy's Dogs (A Mister Darcy Series Comedic Mystery #1)
  • Second Glances: A Tale of Less Pride and Prejudice Continues
  • Steampunk Darcy
  • Bluebells in the Mourning
  • A Jane Austen Daydream
  • Attempting Elizabeth
Writer. Reader. Perpetual student. Nerd.

I started out writing fantasy. But, I like to write anything, honestly. These days, I mainly stick to YA and there's always at least a sprinkling of romance, if not a 'whoops, I dropped the whole packet in'. Almost all my books are set in my home state of South Australia, either in real or fictional places - gotta write what you know - with Netherfield being
“The rain was easing off” 0 likes