Start by marking “From The Shadows (The Mortisalian Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
From The Shadows (The Mortisalian Saga, #2)

From The Shadows

(Mortisalian Saga #2)

Life has changed dramatically for Cassandra Collier. She’s accepted her role as the Princess of Mortisali. She’s more in love with Damon than she could have ever imagined, and she has a life she desperately wants to live. The only problem? That pesky little prophecy that follows her around like a shadow.

The pressure to speed her life along isn’t quite as bad as she’d anti
Kindle Edition
Published May 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about From The Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From The Shadows

Mary
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just WOW! What a fantastic read.

I adored Parallel and I wasn't sure what/if anything could top it. oh boy was I ever wrong. This book is chock a block with edge of your seat action, thrilling suspense, and fair few swoon worthy adorable moments.

This book is a fabulously written roller coater of a story that I simultaneously couldn't read fast enough and never wanted it to end.

Mortisali is an amazing awe invoking world that I truly would love to dwell, under the protective forces of Vis Lib
Victoria L. James
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you've read my review for Parallel, book 1 in this incredible series, you'll know how much I love the whole plot line already. What blows me away with FTS is how L.J. Stock manages to switch up her imagination yet again. You think you've seen it all part one of her urban fantasy saga, but part 2 is even more original, with plot twists and surprise turns at every corner.

With the introduction of some new characters who you will love and hate in equal measure, L.J. Stock expands her Mortisalian
Mary
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Just WOW! What a fantastic read.

Karyn
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the Shadows is Book Two in the Mortisalian Series. I totally loved book One (Parallel). The characters, the unique storyline, everything was perfect. I thought, how could Book Two live up to that? Not only did Book 2 live up to book 1, it totally blew me away.

I started reading From the Shadows as soon as I got it and was immediately engulfed right back into the story as if no time had passed between book 1 and book 2. All the emotions that I felt from book one, came right back after the fir
Danielle Goodwin
L.J. Stock's "From the Shadows" is the second tale in the Mortisalian Saga. This again is a very detailed fantasy with a sweet romance embedded in it. Grigori is an interesting new development. I can't wait to see what happens with him in the future. I guess we'll have to wait to see who we can trust! I just love this series - it would make a great TV series. I can't wait to read #3!
Erin McFarland
From the Shadows is the continuation of Parallel so you MUST read that book before this one.
Now that's out of the way, let's get to what I thought of the book. I loved this one more than the first. Cass is really stepping in to her new role and accepting it with grace and a fierceness that makes her an awesome female lead. The story is one that seemed complicated at first, but as it unfolds you get sucked in and you fall in love even more with this world that LJ created. It's mystical, magical,
Kathy Wideman
This is the second book in this series and it begins about 6 months after the first one ends. Cass has accepted her place as princess and her part in the prophecy. Which was easier once they learned that Damon was her other half in the prophecy. Now they can try and begin the next part of their life. There are still things that need to come to light. Not all of them will be easy to handle and some they won’t learn about until after they happen. Bound by archaic laws and in love with a man with m ...more
Charlie Matthews
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My oh my....

Where do I begin?

Cassandra, having accepted her responsibility as the princess of Mortisali, continues to strive to meet the expectations set for her. Having settled into her new life and still so beautifully in love with Damon, Cassandra's life seems almost prefect.

Almost.

Maybe.

Well, that is until Cass—along with her trusty guardsman—are ambushed during one of her duties as the princess that had unfortunately sent her away from the palace.

Hours, days and weeks have passed, and
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, these characters and this world! I don't think I even have the right words to express my feelings. I was so excited to have an advanced copy of this book. It definitely didn't let me down! The first couple of chapters were catching up on Cass's new life as a princess and a refresher for what happened in book one. By chapter three I was thrown in the action and drama of an ambush and Cass's capture and captivity by bad guys. This story flowed beautifully and was extremely well w ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance, urban
From the Shadows is the second instalment in the Mortisalian Saga and it is a welcome return to the land of Mortisali. Cass is as kick-ass as ever, Damon is as droolworthy as ever, and the rest of the relationships continue to delight. So what is new? Well, what is new is that Cass and Rasmus get kidnapped, there is a new nymph in town, plus a bad guy that is actually a good guy who pretends to be bad! Got that?

I adore L.J. Stock's way of writing! It is descriptive without being over the top. It
Kristina
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahh Mortesali how i missed you!!

It feels like visiting old friends in a world that LJ describes so beautifully that you want to live there yourself <3
LJ pulls you in with her amazing writing and it feels like you're there, with cass, damon and everyone else! You get all the emotions, excitement, love, friendship, family and more!!

Everyone should read about this magical world <3 Can't wait for Book 3!!
Danielle Goodwin
Sue
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From The Shadows. Mortisalian Saga Book 2 by LJ Stock

I'm back in Mortisalian and i could't wait to get back here. Back with the ever lovely,Cass and damon and all the people in their lives. I love it here in this world, so much. This series is just out of this world, amazing. After Parallel,book 1 i didn't think it could get better but omg was i wrong. The author sure to god knows how to grip you in her story telling. Her words are magical.
I was on the edge of my seat reading this book in parts
Heather Ross
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah, Mortisali... how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

LJ Stock is back with another stunning chapter in the lives of all my favourite Mortisalians, and make no mistake. This time it's bigger, better, and even more heart destroying than before. Who even knew that was possible?

Once again, as we've come to expect of this author, we are taken on a whirlwind adventure, filled with danger, excitement, poignant moments of intense emotion, and that brilliant witty banter that is a hallmark of LJ'
Valerie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Karyn
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance
From the Shadows is the 2nd book in the Mortisalian Saga. Thank you again for giving us a glossary with who’s who.

Cassandra Collier is now Princess of Mortisali and she is in love with Damon.

Cass is leaving Mortisali and will be gone for a while. She feels she has an obligation to test a theory she has been working on. Damon doesn’t want her to go and feels that she will be risking her life and he can’t go with her.

She and Rasmus (her personal guard) are captured by the Venificus (Thànatos’ p
Amanda McCalip
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
L.J. Stock the things you do to me!!! From The Shadows takes place a few months after the last book ended. Cass has accepted her role as Princess and her part in the prophecy. She very much is in love with Damon and has learned that he was her other half in the prophecy. She is still learning things so much and it isn't always easy to handle.

This book sucked me right back in and L.J. Stock absolutely wrote this flawlessly. The story, the characters, all of it is just absolutely fantastic!
Kelly Kemmerly
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cassandra carries on even when hopelessness prevails. Damon is bound by honor, tradition, and his commitment to duty. He loves Cass and is determined to seek her captors and free her. With a prophecy unfulfilled and bearing down on her shoulders Cass must stay strong regardless of her status as princess.
Will she return from the shadows to fulfill her duty or will the enemy reign while all is lost?
Read From the Shadows to seek the truth! Cannot wait for the next book in the Mortisali world.
Stacey Kelly (When Words Collide Blog)
I am again in absolute awe of L.J Stock and how she manages to suck you in to the world she has created. Action packed and has you on the edge of your seat. Cannot wait for book 3!!
Jenny
Vee
May 31, 2019
Stacey
Jun 06, 2019
L.J. Stock has always lived in a world of her own, continuously lost in her imagination. Whether in the forests that backed up to her home in Aberdeen when she was only six years old, the unique landscape of Singapore she discovered at eight, or the rolling woodlands that rolled up to Dartmoor during her teen years, there have always been new worlds to explore.

Now an adult living in Houston, Texa

Mortisalian Saga (3 books)
  • Parallel (Mortisalian Saga, #1)
  • Dishonored (The Mortisalian Saga #3)