Start by marking “From The Shadows” as Want to Read:
From The Shadows

From The Shadows (Mortisalian Saga #2)

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  9 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Life has changed dramatically for Cassandra Collier. She’s accepted her role as the Princess of Mortisali. She’s more in love with Damon than she could have ever imagined, and she has a life she desperately wants to live. The only problem? That pesky little prophecy that follows her around like a shadow.

The pressure to speed her life along isn’t quite as bad as she’d anti
Kindle Edition
Published May 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about From The Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From The Shadows

Mary
May 20, 2017 Mary rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just WOW! What a fantastic read.

I adored Parallel and I wasn't sure what/if anything could top it. oh boy was I ever wrong. This book is chock a block with edge of your seat action, thrilling suspense, and fair few swoon worthy adorable moments.

This book is a fabulously written roller coater of a story that I simultaneously couldn't read fast enough and never wanted it to end.

Mortisali is an amazing awe invoking world that I truly would love to dwell, under the protective forces of Vis Lib
Charlie M.  Matthews
Apr 11, 2017 Charlie M. Matthews rated it it was amazing
My oh my....

Where do I begin?

Cassandra, having accepted her responsibility as the princess of Mortisali, continues to strive to meet the expectations set for her. Having settled into her new life and still so beautifully in love with Damon, Cassandra's life seems almost prefect.

Almost.

Maybe.

Well, that is until Cass—along with her trusty guardsman—are ambushed during one of her duties as the princess that had unfortunately sent her away from the palace.

Hours, days and weeks have passed, and
Kay
May 20, 2017 Kay rated it it was amazing
How could I have been so stupid? How could I have thought I could make a change in this world while I wore this target on my back.

From The Shadows by L.J. Stock continues the Mortisalian series, a flawless melding of fantasy, self-discovery, and romance. Parallel, the introduction to this series, is a captivating masterpiece that practically plants a 3-D cinema screen in your mind's eye, bringing forth an array of rich visuals that automatically replay in remembrance. Tormented and imprisoned
Sue
Mar 31, 2017 Sue rated it it was amazing
From The Shadows. Mortisalian Saga Book 2 by LJ Stock

I'm back in Mortisalian and i could't wait to get back here. Back with the ever lovely,Cass and damon and all the people in their lives. I love it here in this world, so much. This series is just out of this world, amazing. After Parallel,book 1 i didn't think it could get better but omg was i wrong. The author sure to god knows how to grip you in her story telling. Her words are magical.
I was on the edge of my seat reading this book in parts
Heather Ross
May 06, 2017 Heather Ross rated it it was amazing
Ah, Mortisali... how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

LJ Stock is back with another stunning chapter in the lives of all my favourite Mortisalians, and make no mistake. This time it's bigger, better, and even more heart destroying than before. Who even knew that was possible?

Once again, as we've come to expect of this author, we are taken on a whirlwind adventure, filled with danger, excitement, poignant moments of intense emotion, and that brilliant witty banter that is a hallmark of LJ'
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
May 16, 2017 Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fantasy, urban
From the Shadows is the second instalment in the Mortisalian Saga and it is a welcome return to the land of Mortisali. Cass is as kick-ass as ever, Damon is as droolworthy as ever, and the rest of the relationships continue to delight. So what is new? Well, what is new is that Cass and Rasmus get kidnapped, there is a new nymph in town, plus a bad guy that is actually a good guy who pretends to be bad! Got that?

I adore L.J. Stock's way of writing! It is descriptive without being over the top. It
Kristina
May 17, 2017 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Ahh Mortesali how i missed you!!

It feels like visiting old friends in a world that LJ describes so beautifully that you want to live there yourself <3
LJ pulls you in with her amazing writing and it feels like you're there, with cass, damon and everyone else! You get all the emotions, excitement, love, friendship, family and more!!

Everyone should read about this magical world <3 Can't wait for Book 3!!
Danielle Goodwin
May 17, 2017 Danielle Goodwin rated it it was amazing
L.J. Stock's "From the Shadows" is the second tale in the Mortisalian Saga. This again is a very detailed fantasy with a sweet romance embedded in it. Grigori is an interesting new development. I can't wait to see what happens with him in the future. I guess we'll have to wait to see who we can trust! I just love this series - it would make a great TV series. I can't wait to read #3!
May 17, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I love this book, these characters and this world! I don't think I even have the right words to express my feelings. I was so excited to have an advanced copy of this book. It definitely didn't let me down! The first couple of chapters were catching up on Cass's new life as a princess and a refresher for what happened in book one. By chapter three I was thrown in the action and drama of an ambush and Cass's capture and captivity by bad guys. This story flowed beautifully and was extremely well w ...more
Karyn
Karyn marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2017
Heather Jencks
Heather Jencks marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2017
From a young age L.J. Stock was led by her imagination. From the moment she could read she fell into worlds where trees could talk and little girls could move things with their minds.

In no hurry to grow up, she found stories all around her, in the forests of Plym Bridge, the moss covered hills of Dartmoor, then, as she grew older, the wide spread city of Houston, where she currently resides and w
More about L.J. Stock...

Mortisalian Saga (2 books)
  • Parallel (Mortisalian Saga #1)