Start by marking “Slayer (Slayer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slayer (Slayer, #1)

Slayer

(Slayer #1)

Into every generation a Slayer is born…

Nina and her twin sister, Artemis, are far from normal. It’s hard to be when you grow up at the Watcher’s Academy, which is a bit different from your average boarding school. Here teens are trained as guides for Slayers—girls gifted with supernatural strength to fight the forces of darkness. But while Nina’s mother is a prominent memb
Published January 8th 2019 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Slayer, please sign up.
Vanessia I am 30% of the way through the book with no knowledge of the comics and enjoying the book completely! The book does a great job of telling you thinks…moreI am 30% of the way through the book with no knowledge of the comics and enjoying the book completely! The book does a great job of telling you thinks that have happened that you need to know. (less)
Nicholas Matar This is cqnon. It starts two months after Buffy destroys Seed of Wonder in comics. It is setting up events for Fray, as far as the preview has shown.

Emily May
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
He's bobbing his head in time to music playing from headphones, and there's a book in his hands. I peer at it.
Nicholas Sparks. Doug really might be evil, then.

So, huh, here's the thing: I don't think I actually expected this to be good.

Yeah, yeah, I posted excited Buffy gifs, and I tweeted Kiersten White like the crazed fangirl I am. But this is Buffy you're messing with here. Buffy truly helped me survive at some of the darkest times of my life. I've watched it over and over and over again.
شيماء ✨
🗡HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY TO BUFFY MY CHILDHOOD GIRLFRIEND🗡

Full review now posted here on my blog!✨

You know when you’ve had a bad day but then you read a book for three uninterrupted hours and absorb the personalities and problems of these fictional characters and suddenly you’re doing much better? YEAH SAME

I guess now it’s time to rewatch Buffy the Vampire Slayer in order to vaguely simulate companionship and a temporary sense of purpose!
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

This book was everything I hoped for and more!! I’m so excited for the rest of the series!!

The references to Buffy and Giles were so perfect and I love this new cast of characters! I’m so damn happy!! I hope all the Buffy fans enjoy this book!

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾

MY BLOG

MY AMAZON
Emer
Mar 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
Did someone say new Buffy?!?!?!?!?!!

A spinoff YA series based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer....
By Kiersten White?!?!???

Ehhhhhhh.... ME WANT!!!!!!!!!

But I have to wait until Autumn 2018 JANUARY 2019!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I had really high hope for this because I love Buffy so insanely much but sadly I did not love this book.
I felt like the plot and characters were sloppy. I did enjoy the humor of the book, it had the quick wit and satire the show had.
Overall disappointed with this sadly.
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
description

Thank you Edelweiss and Simon Pulse for sending a review copy in exchange for an honest review

Actual Rating: ★★★.5

“Being chosen is easy. Making choices will break your heart.”

When I found out this was going to be a think I squealed! I knew I had to add this to my TBR. And Simon and Schuster blessed me a few months ago with an ARC.

I took a bit long to finish this book but there is no denying that I was really enjoying it. It reminded me a bit of Vampire Academy. It was a bit slow and it took me
Suzanne
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off…the Doug reading Nicholas Sparks quote had me laughing!

Artemis seriously annoyed me with her petty jealousy of Nina being the chosen one for a lot of this book. It was understandable though because of her fear of losing Nina with the histories of slayers. I feel like though Nina did question herself a bit, it was everyone else (besides Leo) that was preventing and holding her back from being the slayer she was meant to be. However, the story is fun to read and I cannot wait to see whe
Helena ✰ FC
At the Watcher's Academy, huh...?

descriptiondescription

This had better live up to the expectations of my Buffy the Vampire Slayer-filled childhood! :D
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Aug 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
I HAVE VERY HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS.
Yusra  ✨
Apr 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
a cover! a description!! everything i could ask for!!!!

——-

look at this queen writing so many books I LOVE IT AND I LOVE HER
no but seriously
I could read anything by her fsdjvshsv

Carrie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Slayer by Kiersten White is the first book in the new young adult paranormal fantasy Slayer series. This series is a spin off and takes place in the same world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer after Buffy’s time when a new Slayer is chosen as she begins to come into her powers.

Nina and Artemis are twin sisters that have grown up in the Watcher’s Academy and couldn’t be more different from one another. Artemis has always been the strong and dominant twin training to become the best of the best of the
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

Trigger warning: Mention of world ending, mention of fire, attempted murder, and seemingly neglectant parent. Up till the point I read.

DNF

I received this E-ARC via Simon and Schuster and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Two years ago I attempted to read And I Darken by this author. It didn't work for me. Though I really liked her writing style and kept on eye on her works. Slayer sounded mildly interesting. Although I am not a Buffy fan (never watched the show and don't pla
destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
Expected publication: 2019

I feel extremely attacked right now
Sylvie
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: paranormal
THE BOOK HAS A COVER. I REPEAT THE BOOK HAS A COVER.

Looks amazing, can't wait to be back in Buffy's world.

description
chandler ainsley ♕
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
if there is not a spuffy- type forbidden love situation, i will sue
MCMXCII
Apr 30, 2018 is currently reading it
10/17/18 So this is supposed to be canon???? I have to catch up on the comic book continuation ASAP!
____________________________________________________________
I like you Kiersten. I really do. But do not fuck this up. When you evoke the name of Buffy, I expect greatness.
Chelsea
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay, so here's the deal:

I way overhyped this book going into it and I was totally aware that I was doing it. I've been a diehard Buffy fan since I was about 10 years old, it's my OG fandom. So literally anything remotely having to do with this world is going to be overhyped in my mind. That being said I think this series has potential (heh...slayer puns), but this book was anticlimactic as an introduction to it.

Things I disliked:
-It was a tad info-dumpy at the beginning. There were a lot of ch
Rachel Reads Ravenously
DNF about 150 pages in

^^me when this book didn't live up to my expectations.

Buffy was my whole life from age 12 to................. well present. It's the show that defined me. I made lifelong friendships because of my love for this show. When I found out there was a YA novel set in the Buffyverse I was so excited! But honestly..... this book was BORING.

Hopes and dreams dashed. Most anticipated book of 2019 was a flop.

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagramTwitter
Helena Summers
Apr 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
Edit: Guys, the cover and the first two chapters are here! I'M FREAKING OUT!!!! https://ew.com/books/2018/06/07/slaye...

THERE'S GOING TO BE A BUFFY SPIN-OFF SERIES AND NO ONE TOLD ME??? HOW RUDE
ambsreads
Mar 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
I'VE NEVER SEEN BUFFY BUT I WANT THIS SO BAD.

SHOULD I WATCH BUFFY TO READ THIS??? I HAVE NO IDEA I JUST LOVE KIERSTEN.
Hollis
"First rule in the Slayer handbook? When in doubt, hit something."

Okay, as a 'I-grew-up-with-Buffy The Vampire Slayer' fan, my hopes for SLAYER were.. a lot. And I was totally bracing myself for major disappointment. But ultimately what this spinoff/new series did was make me want to rewatch a series that meant a lot to me for so many years.. so I count that as a win.

In a world remade again and again, where the rules keep changing, where a Chosen One becomes Chosen Many, where magic disappears,
Nadhira Satria
Apr 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'd read anything she writes even though I've never seen buffy and that I hate vampires.
Christy
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok well that was fantastic. Full review to come
Olivia
Jan 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Did someone say Buffy?! OMG I so need this. As an avid fan of the show and a future vampire slayer (I do have a martial arts background) I am beyond excited for this.
Zoraida
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is the Buffyverse continuation we deserve! It elevated the world I loved so much with nuance and love and humor. Five by five stars, duh.
Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
OHMYGOD YOU GUYS I JUST GOT A FREAKING ARC OF THIS BOOK AHHHHHH I AM DECEASED.

This is simply 1 of my two most anticipated upcoming new releases. Period. After 3 rejections, I didn't think I was goint to get it, but now it seems the publisher just went like "you know what, there you have it". I don't even know what to do with myself. I'M SHOOK TO MY CORE.

*screaming eternally*

Also, this is like the 3rd arc I got this week, what the actual hell?
Beatrice in Bookland
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
*I received a copy from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

"When all else ends, when hope perished alongside wonder, her darkness shall rise and all shall be devoured."

Eh, my expectations were way too high. Or I simply expected something different because we’re talking about Kiersten White.

It’s not a bad book, but it is very teenager-y (???) and I wanted something more dark and twisted, seeing that we’re in Buffy’s universe. But talking about Buffy, it was so good being in her slayering
Jennymort ♔ Dark Lordette
I LOVED THE SHIT OUT OF BUFFY SPIKE FROM BUFFY. HAHA.

I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT THE HELL NOW.

and i need to freaking finish Now I Rise
Anastasia シ
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full Review on my blog!
*a copy was provided by NetGalley*
“Being chosen is easy. Making choices will break your heart.”

Wow. This was perfect in every way. It had action, romance, vampires, demons, I mean what more could you ask for?

It was a little slow at the beginning but I was quickly drawn in. The plot was great! The chemistry between the characters was insane. I loved everything about the book~
For someone like myself who hasn't watched anything of Buffy, it was easy to understand what was
Kiersten White is the New York Times bestselling author of many books for teens and young readers, including And I Darken, Now I Rise, Bright We Burn, The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein, and Slayer. She lives with her family near the ocean in San Diego, where she perpetually lurks in the shadows. Visit Kiersten online at KierstenWhite.com and follow @KierstenWhite on Twitter.
“Of all the awful things demons do, keeping Latin alive when it deserves to be a dead language might be the worst.
To say nothing of ancient Sumerian. And ancient Sumerian translated into Latin? Diabolic.”
0 likes