Start by marking “Smoke and Mirrors (The Ever Chace Chronicles, 3)” as Want to Read:
Smoke and Mirrors (The Ever Chace Chronicles, 3)

Smoke and Mirrors

(The Ever Chace Chronicles #3)

Ever Chace is a Valkyrie, but not just any Valkyrie — she's a Valkyrie queen in the making.

Torn between the past and present, love and obligation, Ever is terrified of saying the words that would break the curse she is bound to. Pushing Derek away hasn't simplified things; it has only made her miserable. With her father waking, and her and Derek's lives on the line, can
Published May 29th 2017 by Crimson Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Smoke and Mirrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke and Mirrors

Start your review of Smoke and Mirrors (The Ever Chace Chronicles, 3)
Melanie
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Ever Chace chronicles, which seriously reminds me of a paranormal Criminal Minds, but with a dash of romance thrown in and is definitely my favorite so far! I seriously can't get enough of this series!

Book 3 is fast moving, gritty, and as the series progresses we are really getting to learn more about the main team, and Ricky is still my favorite, but there is literally someone in here for any paranormal lovers.

If you haven't started this series yet I don't know
T.
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved Skin and Bones, book 1, so much I immediately purchased books two and three, bumping them to the top of my TBR (reading) list. Smoke and Mirrors was a good continuation of the overall storyline, but it was a dragging advancement of the main thread. There was an engaging sub-plot, but--seriously, Ever kept dragging out her acceptance of her heritage, which was my main reason for following the series. I'll probably stop reading the series, now, rather than slog along with the diversions ...more
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

The third book of “The Ever Chace Chronicles” picks up right where the previous books left off with interesting characters, mysterious pasts, threats on every side, and one huge truth hanging over Ever’s head.

Read full review in the 2017 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Janina M. Perez
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NOT A COZY CLONE!

Great storytelling! Well developed characters and humorous scenes full of snarky comments. Not written at a fourth grade level nor a cozy paranormal / witch formulation. Cozy paranormal mysteries have become the 20th century's cheap harlequin romances. Keep writing You will love this series
Mimi Davis Hopkins
More Ever Chace Please

Susan Harris I love your WORK. This is truly an amazing series, I am addicted and I need more!! To all of you readers out three, if you enjoy thrillers with loads of intrigue, mystery, laughter, topped with hints of romance, you really, really need to get on board the Chase Chronicles.
Nellie
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal romance

I like this story. But, lots of f-bombs, and a bit of rape stuff. I love the characters, and it is interesting. Frustrated with relationships. Will read the next one, but I'm a little Leary sex scenes will be too much for my taste.
Carol-Ann
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read

This is a great series, although I do feel that there are a few too many sub plots at the moment and I’m having a hard time keeping up.
Nicketa
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Loving his series. I finished book 2 and book 3 in one day. Can’t wait to start book 4 and get to know more of the Valkyrie stuff!!!

LOVE Erika!!
Christina Blake
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

Wow, these books are so good. I love all the characters, and they all seem to have their individual crosses to bare. Onto book 4...
Tamar Elmensdorp-lijzenga
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg, somehow Susan Harris has me so invested in these characters that it's almost painful to finish this book. And she leaves it at such a cliffhanger as well. I need book four now!
Peta Bettridge
May 16, 2018
Lia
Nov 16, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shortcut to the Grave (The Ever Chace Chronicles Book 6)
  • Ever Strange
  • Sacred Places (Druid, #1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Only The Lost (Death Gate Grim Reapers Thriller, #3)
  • Faithless (A Vision of Vampires, #1)
  • Vengeance Road (Torpedo Ink #2)
  • Xoe Meyers Trilogy: Books 1-3: Xoe, Accidental Ashes, and Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers Young Adult Fantasy/Horror Series Book 0)
  • Chosen (The Chosen, #1)
  • The Witch Hunter (Witch Hunter Saga #1)
  • How to Live an Undead Lie (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5)
  • Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Spark of Intent (Phoenix Rising #3)
  • Shadow Touched (The Veil Keeper #1)
  • The Lost Queen (Wilde Justice, #2)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • The Hallowed Knight (Wilde Justice, #3)
Susan Harris is a writer from Cork in Ireland. An avid reader, she quickly grew to love books in the supernatural/fantasy genre. When she is not writing or reading, she loves music, oriental cultures, tattoos, anything Disney and psychology. If she wasn't a writer she would love to be a FBI profiler or a PA for Dave Grohl or Jared Leto.

The Ever Chace Chronicles (5 books)
  • Skin and Bones (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #1)
  • Collateral Damage  (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #2)
  • Night of the Hunter (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #4)
  • Never Back Down (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #5)