Start by marking “The Sweetheart Kiss (Brash & Brazen, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetheart Kiss (Brash & Brazen, #3)

The Sweetheart Kiss

(Brash & Brazen #3)

Jess Lucas works hard at the all-female PI firm Brash & Brazen, and after a brush with death, she's determined to play hard too-preferably with a certain detective on the Ann Arbor police force... Jess was stuck at a frenemy's wedding, playing bridesmaid in a mustard-yellow monstrosity, when chaos erupted. First the bride's ex tried to stop the wedding. Then someone re ...more
Published May 9th 2017 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetheart Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweetheart Kiss

Badass Bloggettes
4.5 Stars

My love of books started in grade school with The Nancy Drew mysteries. Mysteries are still the first section I visit in the bookstore. I can’t get enough. I enjoy reading them all, the dark, spine-tingling thriller and the light, fast-paced, amateur sleuths. The Sweetheart Kiss is on the light side with a good crime to solve, a budding romance and some funny moments are included for good measure.

The Sweetheart Kiss is the third book in the Brash & Brazen series by Cheryl Ann Sm
Ruthie Taylor
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third in the series, and is just as good as the previous two! I would definitely recommend that you read them all, and whilst this could be a standalone, it is much better when read in order. This 'Charlie's Angel' like group of women are just so much fun.

The set up for this story with Jess in a truly awful bridesmaid dress in a wedding where she doesn't even want to be, then the guy in front of her gets sho
Books and Spoons
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Fun and fascinating story from a new author to me!
I don't usually go for the over-the-top type humor, but the author made it work here. It fit well with the characters, with the events, the crimes, even the culprits. The story is solid entertainment that held the enchantment all through the tale.
Jess and Sam seemed like total opposite at the first glance. Jess is brazen, loud, and determined to get her way. She is good at what she does, she knows what she wants, and she is not timid to go afte
Angel Hatfield
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jess was in a wedding she didn’t want to be in with a bride she didn’t like at all and had a headache the minute she put the very ugly bridesmaid dress over her head. Jess wanted alcohol and she had some at the bottom of her tote she had three minutes she just had to get rid of the groomsman # three. Jess knew she needed alcohol to get through Mandy’s wedding. Jess had just been through health scare but it had ended in good news. Outside of work Jess had kinda going along without a purpose. Her ...more
Marti
The Sweetheart Kiss by Cheryl Ann Smith.

The Sweetheart Kiss by Cheryl Ann Smith was a fun novel full of fun characters and hotness. While it was listed as a romance, which it was, it also had some mystery which allowed us to be introduced to a detective on the Ann Arbor police force, Sam.

Jess Lucas works for Brash and Brazen, an all female PI firm. She has been roped into a wedding ceremony as a bridesmaid and is regretting every minute especially with the nasty dress. As she was in the process
Pelusa Rivera
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. This is the third book in this series, I was not aware of that when I started reading, it can be read as stand alone, however I feel I should read others to familiarize myself better with characters. It was entertaining, at times far fetched, but it did contain a little of everything, romance, comedy, and drama. We have Jess who is the heroin and she was not a weak woman. Then we have a hot and sexy Sam. Jess is in a wedding from hell, in a horri ...more
Becky Burciaga
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lighthearted story with humor laced through...throw in romance and you have the perfect combination for a fun read. The third in the series has Brash & Brazen PI Jess chasing after a sniper with gorgeous cop Sam. Without having read the first two books in the series, I was able to catch on pretty quickly to the backstory of all the characters...though I would recommend reading the first two in order to catch the intricacies of those backstories.

This author is new to me and now has been ad
Sascha
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

After having read The Sweetheart Game and The Sweetheart Racket, I expected a similar read from The Sweetheart Kiss. Unfortunately the characters of Jess and Sam (who appeared in The Sweetheart Game) just didn’t have the same energy and spark as the couples of the preceding two novels and I didn’t feel as invested in their story.

Despite the fact that someone is stalking Jess and shooting at her from almost the very beginning of the novel, I didn’t feel the action picked up until later
Liz
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Sweetheart Kiss is the 3rd book in the Brash & Brazen series (but can be read in any order or as a stand alone)

This story focuses on former cheerleader Jess & the cop who is investigating a shooting at a wedding where Jess is a bridesmaid. The description of the bridesmaid's dress alone is worth reading book. There is also a massive dog & a hot naked protestor/protector.... just a fun, fun read

The author does such a great job creating unique & interesting characters. And the
Sondra Wayman
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love these ladies...and really like Jess, but this time the story sometimes works too hard to be funny! Which takes away from the story, the characters and the mystery. If you hang on past the silly-ness of Jess' "bodyguard," and the dog, the story picks up and gets better! Jess is an amazing character and love reading her HEA story. Yes, in spite of the "trying too hard" humor it is still a great read, and I recommend it.
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

I sound like a broken record, but I love mystery/romance. This is the third in the series and the first one I read. I like the whodunit and the characters especially the "well-endowed" naked protestor. The story has a lot of laughs, some angst, and great characters. I liked the all female PI team enough to buy the first two books in the series.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes:
Kathleen Gray
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
entertaining and fast read with a feisty heroine in Jess and a hot romantic cop in Sam. I had not read the first two books in this series but I'll look for the next one because this is a happy and funny novel. Some of the madcap feels a tiny bit strained but I liked the characters. This reminded me of early Stephanie Plum. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Karen Roma
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a series that has just kept getting better with each new story. Great characters, interesting storylines, and sassy, quirky dialogue to add a little humour to the overall effect.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and the author's seamless writing style enhances every tale.
Amary Chapman
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you like sexy cops, Charlie's Angel type P.I.s, you are going to love this book. Written with humor, it has mysteries, arson, sniper attacks,and HAWT interaction between investigator Jess Lucas and sexy Detective Sam Wheeler....it fairly flies by.
Great interaction between the characters and descriptions that evoke the scenes clearly.
I've added it to my book club's list as a must read for the young and young-at-heart crowd.
I requested and received an ARC copy and plan to buy for at least t
Carolyn Powers
Amanda
Jun 09, 2017
Yvonne Cruz
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had not read any books by Ms Smith and was curious about this one. What fun!!! I am now a fan.
This book centers around Jesse Lucas, a PI and Sam, a police Detective. Jesse works for Irving, who owns a company with his own set of “Charlie’s Angels”, Jesse being one of them.
The book is full of humor, mystery, a sniper, a humongous sweet dog, a naked man, a hunky and grumpy detective, and a badass PI , oh, and lots of sexual tension. How can you not love the book!
So, come and join the rest of the
C bond

Dec 14, 2017
Terri
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you!  The expected publication date is May 9th, 2017.

This is book three of the Brash & Brazen series.  I have followed the series from the very beginning and have had a good time with the series.  I do believe that it would be possible to read this as a stand alone however you may miss some of the background of some of
Jordan
Jun 02, 2017
Eva
May 08, 2017
A fan of historical romance fiction, author Cheryl Ann Smith combines a love of history and all things English to create stories that link both passions.

She lives in Michigan with her family, two cats and a very hairy dog. She enjoys outdoor adventures and traveling, when she has the time, and hopes to make her first visit to England in the very near future.

Brash & Brazen (4 books)
  • The Sweetheart Racket (Brash & Brazen, #1)
  • The Sweetheart Game (Brash & Brazen, #2)
  • The Sweetheart Mystery (Brash & Brazen, #4)