Start by marking “The Desert King (Throne of Judar #3)” as Want to Read:
The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)

The Desert King

(Throne of Judar #3)

Their farce of a marriage will save his kingdom. And in return for an heir, Kamal Aal Masood will give his new wife Aliyah anything – except the trust and intimacy she desperately wants.

When Kamal abruptly ended their blistering affair years ago, he vowed Aliyah would never ensnare him again. Only a fool allowed his actions to be ruled by his heart. And only a
Paperback, Silhouette Desire #1896, 187 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Silhouette Desire (first published August 21st 2008)

Start your review of The Desert King (Throne of Judar #3)
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was my favorite of the Throne of Judar series because we see a hard, immovable man brought to his knees with the realization that he did wrong the woman he loved and who loved him. Not that I like to see a person suffer, but this hero does grovel and does make amends for the horrible way he treated the heroine when he should. He also makes a decision that a power-craving man would only make if he really loves a woman, although he is in no way manipulated or guilted into doing so by Aliyah. ...more
Kristen
These Sheikh romance books are fast becoming my guiltily pleasure.

This was a great book. Beautifully written and engaging, with a strong plot, richly developed characters, and a spicy romance.

The hero, Kamal, is one of the cruelest characters I've read. The things said out of vengeance to Aliyah, the heroine, were down right spiteful. I hated him for at least half the book. However, when Kamal finally learns and accepts the truth about what happened years ago, and how hi
Maire
Jun 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The Desert King
Kamal & Aliyah’s Story
Kamal Aal Massood & Aliyah Morgan

This is the third and final book in the Throne of Judar Trilogy.
This is the story of Kamal and Aliyah. This story will keep you in suspense from beginning to end. Unlike his brothers Kamal was a man referred to in the region as out of control. Kamal and Aliyah have a history. At the point of the story they don’t even like each other. Passion will make these two forget the past and the futu
Christa Runge
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kamal goes from brutal to passionate to sincere. His atonement gesture nearly melted me. Aliyah was sharp tongued and had a come back for everything. She was his equal and made the perfect queen to sit beside him on the throne. Since this is book three in a series about three brothers there is no way to choose a favourite brother. All three pocessed individual characteristics that had the power to bring a woman to her knees. But I do think Aliyah was my favourite h.
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
*With some Spoilers*
One can jump from the first 1-2 chapters to the last two and not lose much of the story. All that wedding preparations, details and woman bonding only made me skim, skim to get to the juicy part beneath it all – the h/H and how they’ll deal with each other post the wedding. The sudden conflagration of the wedding night was understandable (and I loved the consummation drumming thing!) but then the story just floated around, not giving us time frames, real conversations o
Caridad
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be one of the most powerful, emotional and erotic love stories I've ever read. OK, make that THE most powerful...etc. :-)

Kamal is GORGEOUS. He's dark and overriding and witty and passionate and I could just feel all this virility and charisma radiating off the pages. Aliyah was the only woman who could withstand all this, tame this force of nature and own this incredible man and king's heart and soul forever.

But watch it while you're reading this book. NO
Caridad

But watch it while you're reading this book. NO reading it
Vintage
OTT, lush, and romantic in the old style where passions overwhelm etc and so forth. Honestly, sometimes when I read Olivia Gates I have to look away as her characters are so overwhelming emotional and wrought with angst I feel like I'm intruding, and THEY ARE FICTIONAL!

Same thing here, but I was disappointed this time. The hero, Kamal, is SO in over his head in lust and soul-binding love with the heroine. Unfortunately, he bought into the idea that not only was she on drugs but was a
Debbie DiFiore
StMargarets
As Preeti says – vague. Oh, the descriptions of the wedding and induction ceremony were detailed and exhaustive. Same with the clothes and interiors. But characterization, motivations, timeline of the backstory were vague.

Heroine had a misdiagnosis of ADHD as a child and got addicted to the drugs so she gave them up cold turkey making her unstable. Hero had a sexual affair with the unstable virgin for six months before he brutally ended it, calling her a slut, etc. . .

Seven years la
Booklover
This was a decent read but the use of Arabic words-then reciting its meaning in english irritated me,also the description of clothes,surroundings palace was too much and too lengthy

Kamal-Aliyah both meet and fall in love but cause of the third person Shane who is the person who was jealous and said some horrible things about Aliyah and based on circumstantial things and Shane's words Kamal jumped to conclusion and dumped Aliyah,way he dumped Aliyah was really cruel but then after 7 y
Elizabeth
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. Overwhelming. Unforgettable. And all THAT could only describe the wedding scene and wedding night. I mean, that sword duel between Kamal and Aliyah in their wedding was AMAZING! You should read the book for these parts alone.

But then the rest of the book is as incredible. Kamal and Aliyah have a heartbreaking past, and they are both powerful, amazing people who have to marry their worst enemy, each other, to save their kingdoms, Judar and Zohayd. The way they find their wa
Kaycee ❤️

"I have nothing, nothing is worth having if I don’t have you."

This is the last book in the trilogy Throne of Judar by Ms. Olivia Gates. This trilogy had me from the very beginning and I can't believe that it's over. And all I can is that all of them were pretty amazing and captivating. The writing style, the story itself and especially the characters. They were well-rounded, damaged, endearing and lovable. I can't choose between the three Aal Masood brothers... well, Shehab's was a little bit more swoon
Samantha
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just incredible! The final book in the throne of Judar series, is amazing. Powerful and passionate with some of the most memorable scenes I've ever read. The sword fight during the wedding, and the wedding night are unforgettable. But then so is the rest of the book. Kamal and Aliyah are incredible together. So much angst and passion and such deep love. Also the best grovelling scene I've ever read. The Desert King really blew me away!
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
The Hero realizes his huge mistake - very remorseful - words and actions to atone. Not enough books where the Hero realizes his mistakes and tries everything to make it up to the heroine. The writing is very good. The dialogue between the H/h is excellent. 3.5 stars
Chantal ❤️
Wow this one was even more painful then the first one and did I love every minute of it. She was so strong to go thru all that she had and come out of it like she did. I could not get over the fact that this book had addiction in it to prescription drugs. Wow and for adhd also that was a twist. He was no one idea of a hero for sure cause he almost destroyed the heroine 7 years ago. I mean wow did he do a number on her...she was amazing how she worked it out. Also how could he not know she was a ...more
Fiona Marsden
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, hot sex and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
So you liked the first two Throne of Judar books and wanted more. Olivia Gates gives you more in The Desert King. More passion, more angst, more of that fabulous exotic background. And more Hero and Heroine.
Kamal might be the baby of the family but he's taller and darker and angrier than both his brothers. We've seen a little of that dark side in the earlier books but now faced with his demons we get the full treatment.
The breakup with Aliyah seven years ago marked both their lives d
Mojca
Aug 27, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mojca by: review by Danielle Hill
And the trilogy ends on a same bad note as it started with in The Desert Lord's Baby and continued in The Desert Lord's Bride.
A jerk of a hero (and rather gullible for a king) and a glutton for punishment heroine (typical for a SD category book) who haven't yet (and probably never would) master the art of communication, a rather non-existent plot, and again lots of meaningless sex.

Yet another book based on a misunderstanding (this one started seven years ago), lots of incomprehension, and s
Joy
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Olivia Gates saved the absolute best for last in the Throne of Judar trilogy. Kamal and Aliyah blazed through this firestorm of a story and took my breath away. I'll always remember that wedding and that sword fight and gasp and have my heart hammer through the memory like it did the first time I read them. The Desert King was nothing short of incredible!
Geraldine Jefferson
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Desert King is an explosively emotional finale to the Throne of Judar series by Olivia Gates. One of the most powerful, passionate books I've ever read. Written with such poetry and power and passion, every page took my breath away. Kamal and Aliyah's love story deserves to be up there with all the classic love stories in history. A ten-star book!
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Desert King" is the final book in the Throne of Judar trilogy, and the story of Kamal and Aaliyah.
Now I was super excited for this book because I had heard about their "epic love story" in the Pride of Zohyad series- so this started with great expectations.
7 years ago, Kamal ruthlessly dumps Aaliyah thinking she is a promiscuous druggie. Now, as both his brothers abdicate the throne, he has to step up and marry the now legitimate daughter of King Atef of Zohyad, Aaliyah whom he "hat
Jenn - Reviews
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-sheikhs
Well I am at a loss for words! Only a genius can come up with such a great storyline. The two main characters are both strong and vulnerable in their own way .

I found the imagery created in this story was incredibly strong. For example the scene where Aliyah shows up to Kamal's ascension to the throne in a black wedding dress at that! Black - the colour of power in Judar, the colour of mourning in the West! A double-edged sword for Kamal!

Just fabulous writing that I've come to expec
Angela
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Mrs. Gates so eloquently write her novels, especially this one. I love to devour them and then read them over and over again, slowly, so as to savor them as I love the intensity and passion in which she express herself. She is a first class authoress and I know her works will be cherished for generations to come.
Tara
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An explosively emotional and passionate ending to the Throen of Judar trilogy! Kamal and Aliyah set the pages on fire from start to finish. I've reread this book so many times I ruined the book, then bought another one and downloaded it to my Nook. It's THAT good!
Aoi
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, sheikh
Ms. Gates' books are so delightfully OTT dramatic, you can't help being dragged along for a ride. In the end, I can't tell you what exactly happened and what couldn't be solved without the hysterics.

2 sheik books and counting- I'm still hooked. ^_^
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
I was bored so DNF and don't thing I will since I tried it first in February...
When the h is caused of being the Cheater it's a gamble for me to like it... thus didn't win...
Amanda S.
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars. What a dramatic couple. Ended with a bang too. Look forward to read more.
Shirley Buchanan
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this final installment of the Throne of Judar trilogy, Olivia Gates pulls out all the stops. Kamal's two older brothers have found the loves of their lives and abdicated the throne. Kamal is the only eligible heir left to marry the Aal Shalaan heiress, but there is one small problem. They had an affair seven years ago, and it ended in disaster.

Kamal is a strong, commanding alpha male who made his fortune outside the royal circles he was raised in. During a business trip to L.A., h
Leona
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
Not one of my favorites of the series. Aliyah and Kamal were lovers seven years ago. At the time, she was withdrawing from a drug addiction caused by being misdiagnosed with ADHD. Kamal believed her to be a drug addict. Since he couldn't deal with the ramifications of her addiction, he decides to ruthlessly end their relationship. This nearly destroys Aliyah. The story opens when they are now forced to marry for a strategic alliance between their two countries.

I struggled with the br
Nina
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
And explosively passionate and emotional ending to a magnificent trilogy (even though each book can be read alone) Throne of Judar was one hell of an exotic, emotional ride and I loved every word of it. Kamal and Aliyah's story was indeed a fitting end and a book I've reread so many times I've stopped counting. Truly epic!
« previous 1 3 next »
The kind of author which have many heartwrenching but happy ending story? 2 12 Jun 24, 2012 06:20AM

• The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain
  • Pregnancy of Passion
  • The Big Bad Wolf's Ex
  • The Curve Ball (Big Girls And Bad Boys, #1)
  • Loving Evangeline (Patterson-Cannon Family, #2)
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • The Bad Penny
  • The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1)
  • Separate Beds
  • Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • Sale Or Return Bride
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame
  • The Divorce (The Relationship Quo, #1)
  • The Spanish Groom
  • Wanted by Her Lost Love (Pregnancy & Passion, #2)
I am a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of 45 books in different genres including Contemporary Romance, Medical Romance, Medical Action Thrillers and Paranormal Romance. My upcoming works will also veer into fantasy.

But one thing is for sure…there will always be central romances in my books. The all-consuming kind that leaves readers breathless and begging for more.

I love to hear fron my

Throne of Judar (3 books)
  • The Desert Lord's Baby  (Throne of Judar #1)
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)