Start by marking “Mutts Like Me (The Awakening #1)” as Want to Read:
Mutts Like Me (The Awakening #1)

Mutts Like Me

(The Awakening #1)

All I ever wanted for the holidays was to have my family together. Unfortunately, with my mother dead, my grandmother drunk most of the time, and my dad... well, who knew who he was, much less where he'd disappeared to. No brothers, sisters, or cousins that I knew of.

Until now.

I just found out there's a whole other world out there that I'm a part of, thanks to my dad.
Wh
Published March 26th 2017 by Highland Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Mutts Like Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mutts Like Me

Sandra "Jeanz"
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifter, netgalley

REVIEW
To be totally truthful I really fancied a paranormal shifter book to read and I had downloaded this one when it was either reduced price or free, so decided it was the right time to give it a go.

At first glance I really liked both of the covers I had seen for this book but will start by describing that one. The background shows tall buildings, with a full moon also present. The main focus of the cover is the female on it with all her black curly hair and unusual eyes. As I began reading th
InD'tale Magazine
1.5/5.0

The first book of “The Awakening” series, “Mutts Like Me” features a diverse cast of supernatural creatures of mixed heritages and a wide assortment of sass.

Read full review in the 2017 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
SouthernAngel
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A promising start to a series with an enticing story-line intriguing characters and her adventures in an alien world.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Lennie McDonald
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A read for any age.

Loved the plot and the story. Well written with believable characters any reader will enjoy this series. I loved the book and look forward to more of Mutt.
Donna
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

The characters felt real, as did the emotions. No glossed over feelings like many do. Awesome characters. Can't wait for more.
Jamie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wolf's and dragon's oh my

This book had me reading it till the end! So many surprises around the corner when you don't expect it! Dragons. Wolves. And so many characters including witches! I can't wait to hear about all of them in other boojs! A must read!
VENDETTA L. BLACK
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great beginning

I admit when I first picked it up, I was thinking more about the "mutts" of Kelley Armstrong, but this has hooked me on its own. Now I must read the series..
Cheri
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Urban fantasy for the YA followers

An interesting story peppered with poor editing. Weres, witches and other fantastical creatures to tickle your fancy struggle to save the world from an ancient race of aliens. A clean presentation for all who like to limit the sex and bad language. Hope the next book in this series is better edited.
Allison
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the characters

Again, only 4 stars due to bad proofing and editing. The story itself is very engaging, as are the characters. I would definitely recommend this for mid-teens and up.
Amber
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I really enjoyed this book. I can't wait to read more. It kept me very interested and I love the characters. I like her boy love but I have a bit of a crush on the dragon. Can't wait to see what happens.
Kim
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome beginning to a series. Magic and shifters and Dragons, oh my! This is a possibility great page turner.
Poetic Puppy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Marti’s life is turned upside down when a group of strangers, who claim to know her father, reveal that the world isn’t quite what she thought it was. And neither is she.

If you’re looking for a quick easy read, then this may interest you. If you’re looking for a plot that is more than surface deep, then probably not. It’s a good little story with a lot of potential but the description is lacking in places and left me feeling as if I’d missed something at times. A few times I actually had to go b
Lola
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Fast paced and exciting

So, I really did enjoy this and the story was unique with a spunky heroine. It has an interesting premise to it.
But I only gave it three stars because, while fast paced and exciting, it felt a little underdeveloped. I feel like there could've been a lot more character and plot development, and the characters were moving around so much to give a person whiplash. I also didn't feel attached to any of the characters, because of how little we're told about them. Did the main c
Maverynthia
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Tropes:
Insta-love
Bad Wolf Science
📂"Alpha Bitch"
mini-triangle

This book is a pretty quick read despite what my reading dates are.
I give it a 3 1/2 stars as the whole gender slurs, mean girl ("Alpha Bitch"), bad wolf science just kills a part of this story.
Though the plot itself is probably pretty mediocre for a shifter series, but I thought it was good since I don't read a ton of shifter stuff. This is probably my first. Though this feels like a book one, while it seems that book two doesn't
Jo-ann
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding out she is more than she thought...

Marti awakes to strange face and finding out her grandmother passed in a drunken stupor. That the stranger is there to save her according to her father's wishes, on top of this she finds out that she is a wolf shifter. That is only the beginning.

A story of a young woman finding out that she is something else and their are more people who care for her than she thought and she is braver than she thought.
Krystyna
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The underdog strikes back

A great start to a new series. Being kidnapped is not what she was expecting but it was nothing to learning that she was a shapeshifter. Thrust into a fight between beings that have ultimate power she tries to hold her own. Great characters and a wonderful crated new world. Just wish that there had been a bit of more of an explanation and that they had been given more magical powers to make the battles more of a level playing field.
Lucinda
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I expected more

I felt like I was dropped right into the middle of the Mutt world. There's some explanation of the Mutts and the Awakened. I get the feeling that some of the Awakened are with the resistance. I do enjoy series and books that interconnect, but I felt lost. I'm not interested enough to continue with the next book.
Debbie
Awful book. I don’t know if the writing annoyed me or whether the way the characters were portrayed. At any rate, I gave up after only a few chapters. The characters were insipid and immature and I didn’t care whether they escaped whatever horrific doom awaited them.
Ellie Duck
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling

The premise for this book really gripped me. I enjoyed reading it, and reccommend it to anyone who likes a fast paced and high tension ride.
Christine Jeffers busser
I just couldn't get into this book and then after Marti was kidnapped and released it just seemed really odd and I gave up...
Michelle Willms
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice series start

This is a nice series start, though the premise isn't really that clear. The book also needs a thorough editing; there are many omitted words throughout the book.
Philleys Peters
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

A well written storyline with an intriguing half-shifter heroine thrust into a new world she must learn to adapt to, with romance and thrills that kept me entranced. An excellent first in series!
Willow
Feb 18, 2019
May 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Bane (Coven, #2)
  • Tundra 37 (A New Dawn, #2)
  • Unveiled (The Dark Skies Trilogy, #1)
  • The Department of Magic
  • Thread and Spool (A Twisted Fairy Tale, #1)
  • A Brighter Fear
  • Since You Left Me
  • It Came From The Deep
  • The Memory Tree
  • Freed (Phoebe Meadows, #2)
  • This Body Won't Break: Part 1 (O-Negative, #1.1)
  • Whispers from the Grave
  • The Garden of Darkness
  • Chimera (Weregirl #2)
  • A Gathering Tempest (Broken Tides #0.5)
  • Unlikely Magic: A Dark Fantasy (Girl Among Wolves Book 1)
  • Weresisters (Weresisters #1)
  • NeverSea (Echoes of the Lost, #1)

The Awakening (4 books)
  • Reluctant Gods (The Awakening #2)
  • Nightingale (The Awakening #3)
  • Reset: Part 1 (The Awakening #4)