Start by marking “Last” as Want to Read:

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
After losing her job, her bestie, and her boyfriend all at once, Jessa Phillips has no choice but to move back home and start over.

When she knocks on Alex Rogan’s door, she's searching for employment but what she gets is so much more than a job. He's tall, muscular, gorgeous...and very mysterious.

Jessa can’t shake the attraction and desperately wants more than he's willing
Paperback, First Edition, 202 pages
Published May 5th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Harloe Rae
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LAST is a sweet contemporary romance that takes you on an inspirational journey. Jessa is a spunky girl who is down on her luck. Alex needs a serious intervention in the form of a strong-minded woman. This was so fun to read!

This is JL Davis' debut novel and she's definitely found a fan in me! I look forward to Brittany's book.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

'Last' was an easy, low angst, enjoyable book. I liked that it wasn't full of drama, because sometimes you just need a break from all that.

Jessa Phillips is recently jobless, single and without a best friend. The reason for having an ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend is that she caught them in bed together. 👎 So, what does she do? Jessa moves back home to start over. Needing a job, she puts up flyers for her cleaning services. Running into an old frie
Morgan
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 Full Review can be found at http://thegraduatedbookworm.blogspot.ca

BOOKWORMS! Man oh man this book! First let me say a huge thanks to the people over at Social Butterfly PR for sending me an ARC copy for an honest review! This was definitely the kind of pick me up I needed to get out of my reading slump!

Right from the beginning you get drawn into Jessa and her life and all the things that are wrong with it! I found myself getting sucked into everything she was doing...especially working fo
Brittany
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it was light and easy to get caught up in these amazing characters fast love and second chance at happy ever after. The characters are easy to like and relate to which makes this book stick with you long after you are finished. Great Job J.L. it was a really good book that I would recommend to others who enjoy a great love story.
Cheryl O'Harney
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Last
Author: J.L. Davis
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 3/5

From what I can gather this is a new author on the scene and this is possibly their debut novel and it's a decent one at that.

The author has a riveting and modernistic style of writing that captivated me from the very beginning and held my attention all the way through. Likeable main characters Jessa and Alex with an equally likeable secondary character in the form of Jessa's new BF
Lisa  Hershaw
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This debut novel had a bit of everything.

Jessa doesn't dwell long on her bad luck before she's transforming her life and getting herself a fresh start.

So when Alex comes into Jessa life, could they be just what each other need for a second chance at love. I just knew from the beginning that Jessa and Alex were perfect for each other, but nothing comes easy for either of them and with trouble lurking just around the corner how will they deal with it all and will it put a strain on them and their
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Last is my first book I have read by J.L. Davis. I really enjoyed this read and the characters, Jessa and Alex. Last has angst, romance, and shows you the growing pains of overcoming the rough patches in life. I really loved the chemistry Jessa and Alex have instantly.

I felt for Jessa at the beginning. She has to lose her best friend, boyfriend, and her job all in one day. She needs a do over day! But things happen for a reason right? She has to get a new job and decides to start her own busine
S-n-M Book Blog - Steph
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by J.L. Davis and it definitely won't be my last!

This is a light-hearted take on picking up all the pieces of your shattered life. About brushing the dirt off and getting back into life head first. Finding love and learning how to trust again.

The instant chemistry of the MCs made for a truly enjoyable story. They were incredibly easy to fall for and the story sucked you in from the beginning and had a nice flow to it.

The subjects in this book were ones I think a lot of us c
Danielle Robbins
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this debut novel by J.L. Davis! It was a sweet romance with alot of sexy scenes! I loved Jessa, she was great. Alex, at times he annoyed me a little but I loved him. I did love Jessa and Alex together. They had great chemistry! Looking forward to reading more from this author!
Ana Rita
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say one thing. If this is her debut novel I can't wait for her next book. OMG what a book this was.
If an author can speak to me like this with only one book I'm hooked body, mind and soul.
J. L. Davis has an intense, appealing, heartfelt writing that made me read this book non stop. Once I started it I couldn't put it down, but at the same time I didn't want it to end.
Last tells the stories of Jessa and Alex.
Jessa had the dream of having a handsome husband, a beautiful house, kids
Laira
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Romance de estreia da autora J.L. Davis, Last é o livro ideal para você que precisa dar uma escapada de histórias intensas e desgastantes, apesar do que a capa sugere.

Tive a oportunidade de receber um ARC com a história de Alex e Jessa e fiquei curiosa com base na sinopse e na capa também. Como havia muito tempo que não lia um livro considerado hot, resolvi dar uma chance não só pelo gênero, mas por ser o primeiro romance da autora.

Last é um livro curto e rápido de ser lido. A narrativa tem como
Suzanne Radcliffe
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Last is about Jessa and Alex. Jessa is 21 years old. She dropped out of high school at 17 to live with her boyfriend, and four years later, she comes home early from work to find him having sex with her so-called best friend. Jessa immediately goes to her mom's to stay. She's also unemployed, since she had been working for her boyfriend's mom. While contemplating what to do with her life, Jessa watches he neighbor's cleaning lady go to their house, and gets the idea to start her own business cle ...more
Faith
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last is about a girl named Jessa who dropped out of high school and moved in with her boyfriend. Who then cheats her with her best friend, yes you read correctly. Best friend.
To make it worse not only does she lose her piece of sh*t ex-best friend and ex-boyfriend. She loses her job.
Best friend-less.
Boyfriend-less.
Job-less.
She heads back home in hopes of finding of job and she finds way more than she bargained for.

I give this book five shiney yellow stars!
It was a really fun and fast read that
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

JL Davis is brand new to the romance world and she definitely made her mark with her debut novel, Last. Sexy. Sweet. Valuable. Unique. This book was all kinds of good in different and refreshing ways.

Last is a standalone novel that kept me interested and intrigued, cover to cover. Full of heart and second chances, Jessa and Alex will take you on a beautiful journey that shows fate gives us exactly what we needed all along and didn't even know it.

Jessa is down on her luck and moving back
Amanda Jones
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have never really found reading to be so amazing that I couldn't stop much like I binge watching a full series off of Netflix lol. I know most on here are book lovers can not relate and soon I hope to be one of you. Anyways "Last" was an easy read (important because I need to easy escape when I have free time), it kept me involved in every encounter that Jess and Mr. Hotness had, and it was real.

I am from a small town where several women enter relationships early on and get lost in a young lo
The Book Fairy Reviews
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story of Alex and Jessa started a bit slow for me, but as I got to the mystery of what his past held it got better. Alex is hiding from Jessa and the town he lives in but in order to have and keep her he needs to bring her into his heart which means revealing the past he has been trying to run from.
Jessa, has had her heart broken by the man she thought she loved, a man that was hiding something dark from her. But she got away, only to fall hard for Alex a man that is broken but incredibly lo
Debbie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jessa loses everything she holds dear in one afternoon, and ends up having to move back to her childhood home. A high school dropout she knows she will struggle to get a job so decides to set up her own business doing what she loves best!

Alex is a loner and a recluse, after a tragedy happened years ago he rarely leaves the house for fear of hearing people gossiping and pointing the finger. His niece, who is a childhood friend of Jessa's, tells him about her new business and gets him to ask her f
Amanda
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

I found "Last" very easy to read. I liked the writing style and would read other stories by J.L. Davis to see if other plots appeal to me more. I found this particular plot a little disappointing as I wanted the main character to become more independent over the course of the book.

"Last" was slightly less predictable than most stories in this genre, but not necessarily in a good way. I expected the main character to have more personal growth throu
Julie Alvarez
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last was my first book I have read by author, JL Davis. This book was truly amazing. In Last, we the reader are introduced to Jessa and Alex. Both Jessa and Alex have suffered heartbreak of some kind and have trust issues. The author takes us on a journey where Jessa and Alex learn to love and trust again. Their journey together is so heartwarming and throughout the story I found myself cheering them on. Their chemistry and sexual attraction is off the charts. The trust and love that develops is ...more
Shasta Hope
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Avanced Reader Copy of this book!

This was a new author and for the most part did a great job. It had all the elements of a good love story with sexy and steamy moments. The character's were almost believable. I wanted more to the story for that Umph factor. However; the author still did a good job, better than I could have done. Jessa and Tylers history was a little lacking. If he had a heroine addiction, she would have noticed. Heroine is no joke and when under the inf
Erika Medina
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is JL Davis debut novel but it won't be my last to read from this author!!😉 This was a sweet and short story but it was so beautifully written that I finish it in just a few hours. Jessa goes from hav8my the worse week of her life to the most wonderful encounter. After losing her job at a daycare she decides to start her own job cleaning houses. That's when she meets the sexy but damaged Alex Rogan. Jessa has to get through the walls that Alex has build around his emotions. While fighting a ...more
Roberta Archer
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

Everyone needs to read this book by this new author. It has all the feels, romance and sexy love scenes you could want and the story is great! I loved how it all came together from the prologue to the end tying in the title. If only real life could be like this story. This book is well worth a first, second and even a third look so go for it and read this fantastic story. You'll love the characters and you won't be disappointed!!!!
Sep 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
I hate to write this because it's a new author and their debut book...but I really disliked this book.

The story had a lot of potential and a interesting premise... but the writing was disjointed, under developed and lacked depth and maturity. The poorly constructed sentences and interesting word choices kept distracting me, and I finally gave up on reading it after the first 2 chapters.

Missy Brown
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Found a new author that is just awesome from the get go! JL Davis is spot on with her writing and execution of the plot and characters. With a heartfelt story of Jessa and going threw a hard point in her life. Deciding to start her own cleaning business, that’s when she meets Alex. And the fun begins, lol. These two together kept my attention, I couldn’t put it down til the end. With a likeable female lead and strong sexy Alex, you really can’t go wrong.
Tia Lee
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Last is a fun romance about Jessa, who comes home to find her boyfriend of four years in bed with her best friend. What I liked best about Last is the main character, Jessa. I like that Jessa is a strong female that tries to better for herself once her life gets thrown for a loop instead of completely falling apart over her circumstances.
Jessica Figueroa
Awesome read

I love reading new books from new authors. It's like you can say that you've been with them since the beginning. This book is amazing, it has a little bit of everything. The heartbreak, the emotional roller coaster, the happy ending. I would definitely recommend this read. It is the first one I've read but it won't be my last.
Jennifer Sterling
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book! I just could not put it down. Such great writing style that brings you into the story so much that you actually feel like you are a part of the story. I fell in love with the characters while reading this. A lot of books are pretty predictable, but this one held some surprises that made it that much better. Cannot wait to read more of her work.
Josephine
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah's Book Corner

What an amazing story kept me hooked till the end. It shows how life can suck at times but can all work out in the end. Alex and Jessa show how overcoming a rough past can work out and that love can triumph all disasters overall.
Rosemary Dotson
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is JL Davis First Book Congratulations This is a sweet book that drawls you in on the first page Jessa is down on her luck until she reconnects with an old friend Brittany who unknowingly gives her a new start in life . If you believe in second chances you will love this one
Sarah  G
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It's very hard for me to write this but I really didn't like this book. The story had so much potential but it just fell flat for me. I thought the writing was something a highschooler would do. It just didn't do anything for me. I wanted to like it, I just couldn't. 3 stars for potential.
« previous 1 3 next »