Start by marking “Faerie Killer (The Changeling Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Faerie Killer (The Changeling Chronicles, #0.5)

Faerie Killer

(The Changeling Chronicles 0.5)

Short story exclusively for newsletter subscribers.

This was a fairy tale, all right. Just not the pleasant, happily-ever-after type.

I’m Ivy Lane, and this is the story of how I became known as the faerie killer.

Ever since the faeries destroyed the world as we knew it, I’ve been a captive of an evil Sidhe lord, trapped in his realm with a hundred other human prisoners. I’m
ebook
Published by Emma L. Adams (first published January 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Faerie Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faerie Killer

Cindy
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice quick prequel to the Changeling Chronicles. I would have preferred to get more of her time in Faerie but it was good to see how she defeated Avakis. I am also curious about Gerry.
T.
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
I received Faerie Killer as a review copy from the author/publisher (via BookFunnel). The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion. This was a decent read for a short story (equivalent to a few chapters of a novel), but there were holes in the background, so the reader may feel somewhat adrift. There are typos and misused words, but as I received what could be an advance copy, rather than a final version, I will not reduce the rating for edit/grammar errors.
Juli
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Short-ish Novelette about Ivy, who's been trapped in Faerie for three years. The story of Faerie Killer encompasses just a few days in which she's trained to kill the faerie king who kidnapped her, along with many others from her hometown.

I wish I could tell you how long the novelette is, but as I got this, apparently ARC version of the story, for joining Ms. Adams' mailing list, I can't find that information. Nonetheless, this was an enjoyable, YA fantasy.
Lisa Eiff
I really enjoyed reading this novella. Even for a story this short in size, you can really see how gifted Emma L. Adams is at putting her thoughts down on the pages of this book. It's full of action and contains quite a few thrills, and completely opens up the world of this series. I now am a bit curious to read others in this set, just to see what happens as the story continues.
Lucinda
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It's more of slice of life. It's a very short story about how a girl who was kidnapped by an evil Sidhe lord manages to defeat him and get back home. She's there for three years from the time she's 13 to the time she's 16.
Ciayrra The Scorpion Flower
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story! With action and excitement!
TSN
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
It's a novella...
Sandra
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great to get the story of what happened in Faerie and how Ivy gained her powers.
Richard Goodrum
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. Ivy is a powerful but reluctant hero. Emma L Adams did a great job keeping Ivy human.
Annette
May 11, 2017
momokaachan
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Interesting - these are NOT nice fairies.
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm Emma, a NYT & USA Today bestselling author, book-hoarder, gamer, and restless dreamer. I write dark fantasy novels, including the Changeling Chronicles, the Legacy of Flames series and the Thief's Talisman trilogy.

*Note: I am not a professional reviewer and I use Goodreads only to record my reading progress. Please don't send me unsolicited review requests.*

The Changeling Chronicles (8 books)
  • Faerie Blood (The Changeling Chronicles, #1)
  • Faerie Magic (The Changeling Chronicles, #2)
  • Faerie Realm (The Changeling Chronicles, #3)
  • Faerie Wrath (The Changeling Chronicles, #4)
  • Faerie Curse (The Changeling Chronicles, #5)
  • Faerie Hunt (The Changeling Chronicles, #6)
  • Faerie War (The Changeling Chronicles, #7)