Start by marking “Asher Black” as Want to Read:
Asher Black

Asher Black

(The Five Syndicates #1)

From USA Today bestselling author Parker S. Huntington comes a steamy, slow-burn love story full of unexpected love and banter.

It started with my bladder.

I didn't mean to witness a shady deal in the restroom hallway.
I didn't think twice when I called the cops.
And I certainly didn't know who the club belonged to.

Asher Black.
Former
Published April 21st 2017 by PSH Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Asher Black, please sign up.
J
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Asher Black
Bibi
Jul 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Oops, 2 chapters in and I'm eye-rolling. DNF @15%
Julia
Seriously terrible

Every contrived, unoriginal romance device EVER crammed into one book.

Celibate wallflower heroine who has a tragic backstory ✔

Heroine who gets stuck in embarrassing situations ✔

Heroine has a model gorgeous best friend ✔

Every other female character is a slut ✔

"Alpha" hero who is smarter, richer, more confident, more successful, more sexually experienced, more everything than the heroine ✔

All of that on top of some seriously mediocre writing.
Lo Bookfrantic
Apr 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Lo Bookfrantic by: Cami
Shelves: hitman-mafia, rec
Giveaway for this book happening now at Facebook page ends 4/27/17

--->GIVEAWAY

Simran
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I read a mafia romance novel. This one didn’t disappoint at all. I enjoyed it thoroughly. But I wouldn’t call it your typical mafia romance novel, it wasn’t dark more like on the light side. It was suspenseful, steamy, funny.
It starts with Lucy, our heroine, calling the cops on the mafia thinking that a crime was about to happen. Our hero, Asher, tracks her down and offers her a deal to be his fake fiancé. Since she doesn’t have any other option she agrees. As the story
Alaina
Do I regret reading this until 2am last night? Not one bit.
Am I tired af? Yes, yes I am.

Asher Black was a pretty interesting mafia book. In it, you will meet Lucy and Asher. How they meet was pretty normal I guess - if you count what they did in an alley outside a night club normal. Then there's the teeny tiny fact that she called the cops on a misunderstanding in said night club.. and walked away from him and that place.

Little did she know that Asher was looking for her. I mean, sh/>Asher
Tzelina
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings for this one.....
mel
Jul 30, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
dnf 30%

ahh sorry just can’t connect with the heroine and I really don’t like her friend, Aimee.

I have no idea why this bothers me so much and this is gonna be petty and kinda dumb but I just hate when a character is all like hmm imma go to a nightclub with day-old makeup or just with red lipstick on. Like how unrealistic is that?? There’s nothing wrong with a full-face of makeup, in fact, that’s even more realistic than just wearing minimal makeup going to a freaking night club.

Ughhh. Wearin
Beverly
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
“Lucy: Why do you want me to stay?
Asher: Because I like you.
Lucy: Why do you want me to go?
Asher: Because I like you.”

photo 0f7eaa71c74821f81dd187937352943a_zpskujraioz.gif

Houston we have a problem here. Apparently I am the only 3 stars review here. I should be worried, but I'm not. Different minds, different worlds and all that. Anyways let's talk about Asher Black.
 photo tumblr_inline_o7jfs6Igfu1s1af37_500_zpsdz6gbwhx.gif

I love Mafia novels. My Favorite author is J.M. Darhower and I can't get
Niki_g
Original Ditial Copy (ODC) received by the Author for an honest review:

A gritty and brutal concept with a cocktail of love, arranged nuptials, mystery, laughter and being courageous towards life.

Lucy, the female lead, is an undergraduate, studying something in biology, a difficult name to recall as I suck in biological terms. Sorry to the author. :p
Anyways, she is a woman with a shady past and a heavier baggage but she knows how to stand up for herself because that'
Sue ~girls who don't read are skanks~
And the search for a good Mafia book continues... This was just way to unrealistic. The female lead walks into a restaurant that's owned my a mobster and he introduces himself by telling her he was "head of enforcement" uhm no! Wise guys don't hand out that kind of information! Oh and let's not forget that she did a google search on Asher that told her he was a fixer for the mob. Is there a Mobster Wikipedia that I don't know about? Sorry, but that's not how this works. DNF at about 30%
book bruin
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Asher Black is not my typical read/listen. I actually don't think that I have ever read a mafia book/romance. I'm so happy that I took the chance though to discover this new to me author!

This was a really entertaining audiobook and the heroine had me laughing throughout most of the book. Lucy's inner monologue and her back and forth banter with Asher was fantastic. Throw in the whole fake fiance trope and this was an awesome debut novel. Even though there are some heavier and more serious
❤❤Dee's Love of Books ❤❤
Reading "Asher Black" by Parker S. Huntington was so worth the wait!

Asher and Lucy's story was
description!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yes

description

Asher and Lucy's relationship might has started off so wrong but their slow burn relationship was so worth it!

There was a fake engagement, hot attraction, suspense; intense twists and turns, college MEAN girls rivalries, and a lot of backstabbing moments but through it all... I really enjoyed reading this enthralling story!

So description

“Is this how Julia Roberts' character feels like in Pretty Woman? Two parts princess, o
Donna
You MUST check out this new author, she is FABULOUS!!! It's hard to believe this is her first book!!
I will be following her work and reading whatever she comes up with next!

I have a new book boyfriend...and his name is Asher Black! OMG...he is definitely drool worthy!!
Asher and Lucy are amazing characters, with so many layers...as layers are peeled back and emotions and fears are dealt with they become stronger. Lucy learns she is no longer a runner, who runs from her pro
Jennifer G
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own."

Asher Black has a touch of Tijan's Carter Reed with a freshness and intelligence that comes directly from debut author Parker S. Huntington. This is a well-written, well-paced, action-filled, character driven book. I found it highly entertaining.

Lucy is an incredibly intelligent, beautiful, college student. She is multi-layered; a product of the foster care system, she's spent the las
CeeJay Daisy
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
❤🔥ASHER BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK....AND LUCY JUST HAPPENS TO LOVE BLACK!!!!!❤🔥
This is one of those times I wish we could give a book more than 5 stars....First of all, I am dumbfounded by the fact that ASHER BLACK is Parker S. Huntington's debut novel!!! I have read SOOOO MANY books, and this author is one that I will continue to read anything else she writes...in fact, I'll be following/stalking her and watching for her new releases.🔥❤🔥❤🔥❤
ASHER BLACK...I fall in love with him and the book r
Kira
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF@29%

It's too ridiculous. Asher Black the mafia guy is one of the least threatening guys ever. Initially Lucy had been terrified that Asher Black was going to kill her. Once she realizes he wants her to pretend to be his fiance, she scoffs at the idea like it's the worst thing that could happen to her.
Heather Pollock
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mafia

Asher Black is a mesmerizing, 10 stars hit that will blow right out of the water!
Leaving you needing and yearning for more!! So brilliantly, smart, funny and just overall sexy!
You can't go wrong!!

❤Sana❤
3 Asher Black stars!

“Why do you want me to stay?”
“Because I like you.”
“Why do you want me to go?”
“Because I like you.”

Let's just say that as a debut novel, Asher Black was both an interesting and intriguing story.

I wouldn't say that the book was a great read because it was full of clichés and the story was stuffed with lots of mixed things and events that were too much for a book.

When I'm reading a mafia book I expect some adrenaline rush and some on the edge momen
Rali Dimova
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought i would really read about the mafia 🙈
Jeanny
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the MCs , individually & as a couple. The story was entertaining.
4 stars. Cliches abound but it worked for me.
Vera
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

It's the eve of 20 year old Lucy Ives' first day of college. She decides to go with her roommate to Rogue, the hottest club in New York City. When she witnesses something she shouldn't and then calls the cops, Lucy puts her life in dangerous. The club is owned by the mafia's fixer, the gorgeous Asher Black. After tracking her down, Asher realizes that Lucy is an innocent young woman that made a bad call and proposes a deal: he kills her or she agrees to be his fake fiancée. For Lucy there'
Rachel Beamin'
What a fun read!
I giggled through most of it.
description
Seriously though, I would consider this book a rom-com.
Example:

…and Cerberus will be, too, when he greets you at the gates of Hell and escorts you to the tenth circle, where all the books you’ve pirated will be read to you backwards for all of eternity by a screamo band made up of high school bullies, your least favorite politicians, and bloodsucking mosquitos.

”I’ll kill you and hide your body six feet under a construction site, where they’ll build a Section 8 ho
Example:
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Just a quick review...
I have recently been infatuated with all things mafia. Well, with mafia books. I have always loved the mafia movies and such. Good fellas? Heck yeah. But, as I said, I am all about some mob/mafia reads lately.

Loved ASHER BLACK. LOVED Asher too. This story was intense, sweet and gritty. It was so much of everything that I quickly inhaled it. 5 Stars!
Ellie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Velvet Messer
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was neither good or bad. It just was. I was so excited about this book based on the blurb and all the great reviews but sadly I was disappointed. This book had great potential but it was lacking. There wasn't really any depth to it. The main characters didn't really seem to have a connection even though it was protrayed. There seemed to be so much missing lacking that much needed depth. I believe if the author would have taken more time to plot the story and add essential elements the ...more
Julie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝔸𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝔹𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜: 𝔸 𝔽𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝔽𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕔é𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕗𝕚𝕒 ℝ𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 ℕ𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕝

𝙃𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚. 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙢, 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚. 𝙒𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣... 𝙬𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

Asher Black was the first book I’ve read so it has a very special place in my heart, it helped me when I was on a very sad and dark phase and for that, Parker, even though I don’t really know you, I’ll be forever grateful.

☛The story is so good, a mafia/h
Crissy Conner
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I could not put this book down, I'm so busy these days a book has to grab my attention fast or I'll read a few chapters before calling it a night, but this one I carried around with me and read every brief chance I got.

Asher Black is mysterious and no one really knows him, they all want to be him but are scared of him. Lucy grew up being a foster kid with a past that no one knows about and she can't come to terms with. After getting caught doing what she thought was right, she has to become Ash
R. Linda
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I've read this book 4 times now and love it more each time. The perfect amount of action, comedy, suspense and romance.
Avishay Ch
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, this is my first time writing and erasing, writing and erasing. Don't know it's hard for me to write a review about such a special book!
I really liked him!
Writer, Oh Gosh! and Wow!
The kind of writers you say I want more of her. And you know it's not the last time!

I won't expand too much this time!
Because I don't want to ruin the book with my excavations usually 😬😂🤦♂

What happens if because of one mistake in our life. Your life would be reversed?
B
MiraJane
“I don’t run from you.”

I am a bit of a newbie in the mafia genre, but after reading Asher Black I can confidently tell you that I won’t be a newbie for long. This book had everything that I live for in books; a scary mysterious hot guy, a strong female protagonist, a suspenseful and thrilling plot and last but not least, a dramatic romance.

I liked the different upbringing Lucy had, hav

• By Chance, No Choice (Stetson Series Book 1)
  • Safe Space (Book 1)
  • Sasha: The Wallflower (The Wallflower Series, #1)
  • Flawless
  • Fifty Shades of Jungle Fever
  • Kurt : BWWM Romance (Members From Money Book 23)
  • Immobile
  • Honey Kisses (Romance on the Ranch #2)
  • Something True
  • The Venture Capitalist (The Jungle Fever Series Book 1)
  • Love Me Harder (Love Never Fails Book 3)
  • Her Russian Surrender: 50 Loving States, Indiana (50 Loving States #10)
  • Sacha, Her Russian Billionaire
  • Utterly Sluttily
  • Windows (Italian Knights, #1)
  • An Unexpected Attraction (Love Unexpected #3)
  • Twisted Affair Vol. 4 (Twisted Affair, #4)
  • Heart of the Matter (Queens of Kings #1)
Parker S. Huntington hates talking about herself, so bear with her as she awkwardly toots her own horn for a few sentences and then bids her readers adieu.

Parker S. Huntington is from Orange County, California, USA. She has a B.A. in Creative Writing from the University of California, Riverside and is currently pursuing a Master’s in Liberal Arts (ALM) in Literature and Creative Writin

The Five Syndicates (6 books)
  • Niccolaio Andretti: An Enemies-to-Lovers Mafia Romance Novel (The Five Syndicates Book 2)
  • Ranieri Andretti
  • Bastiano Romano
  • Renata Vitali
  • Damiano De Luca
“Even if it means I’ll never be the man you give yourself to, I’ll always do anything to protect you.” 8 likes
“Lucy: Why do you want me to stay?
Asher: Because I like you.
Lucy: Why do you want me to go?
Asher: Because I like you.”
6 likes