Start by marking “We Were One (Looking Glass)” as Want to Read:
We Were One (Looking Glass)

We Were One

(Looking Glass)

ZERO CHEATING!

The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death.
~Oscar Wilde~

Adoration is not profound enough a word to express the depth of my love for her. From the moment she walked into my life and set my heart and soul on fire, not a day's gone by that she hasn't plagued my every thought.

We were each other's completion. She was everything I wasn't--the sigh
Published January 2018 (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about We Were One, please sign up.
Elizabeth Reyes He's from Girl In The Mirror. You don't NEED to read either to follow the other as both books are stand alone. =)

Start your review of We Were One (Looking Glass)
Fre06 Begum
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
TROLLS ALERT!!
Everything that Fre wrote on her review is ACCURATE!! I know because I read it too.

Kristina
I choose not to read authors who have bullies as fans.

I ended up skimming this and what Fre said was accurate. This sleazebag couldn't keep his dick out of America....and no she's not the h that he was DEFINITELY into while still screwing around. At the same time he was HIDING his screwing around with Jenna and America and a whole shit load of other girls from the h. Because he was "waiting" for her....eye roll... And he had claimed her with other guys so they'd stay away from her because she
Rejane
I will not read this book. 1st because this is not a trope I enjoy. Reading Fre’s review (link below), I found out some of my triggers. And 2nd, reading comments on HER review, there were some very nasty comments from author’s fan girls and that just makes me lose any interest in any book.

Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
I didn't read the first book just this one and soon guessed what would happen in the story. Well predictable.
America and Tara bothered me a little bit and Ryan did too. It only caused unnecessary drama.
DJ Sakata
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I had enough female company to keep me busy to put any more thought into the off-limits twin and her shotgun-toting mother.

If she wanted to listen to an asshole, she would’ve farted.

The times between seeing or hearing from her felt almost intolerable. Whipped didn’t even begin to cover how I was feeling.

My Review:

This book was seventy percent heartbreak and an angst-fest, yet I couldn’t seem to leave it alone and kept picking my Kindle back up while groaning at myself for being
Courtney
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As anyone knows about me, I have a huge issues with books being written from another POV when I already read the story in the first book. So to say I was very skeptical about this one would be putting it mildly. But Eli definitely nailed this one perfectly.

We Were One is the hero's POV from Girl In the Mirror. And it was amazing. The first part is like a whole new aspect on things because it's Nico's past and we get to know about him and his family. That was something that truly helped set the
AJ
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

4 heartwrenching stars

Whoa, this book was unexpected. I dove in not really knowing what to expect, and believe me that’s exactly the way you need to do it! It’s a heartwrenchingly emotional read with an absolutely beautiful love story, a bad boy hero that you will completely fall for, and a surprising element of mystery. All blended together to create an engaging read that had me completely captivated.

This
Romance Rehab
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Happy book birthday!!

All reviews originally posted on the blog: http://www.romancerehab.com/

If you’re an Elizabeth Reyes fan (like I am), you probably read The Girl In The Mirror, which is a kind of twisty, psychological romantic suspense read. (It’s also really awesome, but I digress...) We Were One tells the story from the hero’s (Nico) point of view. A lot of times, retellings from the male POV don’t work out (I'm looking at you, Darker) But fortunately, this isn’t one of those times. We Were
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,8 / 5 stars

My God, this book... I don't know what it is this month but I'm having the best freaking luck when it comes to books, so many 5 star reads, so many angsty filled books.. I am in book heaven. 2018 I'm really digging you!

This book was just one of the many. It is freaking sweet, and boy my god so darn angsty it's not even the least bit funny. This book was the kind of angsty that borderlines physically painful. I swear, it really hurt for a long darn time to read this. It was
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

I have been patiently waiting for We Were One since I finished Girl in the Mirror, the first book in the Looking Glass series. That book was such a ride, and I couldn’t wait to experience it all through Nico’s eyes in We Were One.

Just like Girl in the Mirror, it took me a minute to adjust to the writing style of We Were One. The majority of this book is told to the reader by Nico. Most of the character
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
Girl In The Mirror was supposed to be a standalone book, but I'm so excited that Elizabeth Reyes decided to take it into another direction and created the Looking Glass Series. We Were One is an alternate POV novel that felt like I was reading something entirely new. I absolutely love when authors write male POV's and Elizabeth Reyes completely stole my breath away with Nico's POV. He's such a fascinating character and the love he has for his girl his heart-melting.

I won't go into details about
Ivette
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I wanted in Nico's POV. Elizabeth made me feel every emotion with this book. I love her writing she continues to make me love her books more and more. I'm so excited to read next book in this series!
Amy
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

When I first picked up this book, I wasn't 100% sure what I was getting myself into. I didn't read the first book in this series, so I was pretty much going into this story blind.

One of the first things that drew me to this story was the synopsis. It intrigued me. I loved the mystery of it and could not wait to dive into the story. We Were One is told from the male point of view and follows the story of Nico. He falls in love young and fast. She was his everything until
AC Squared Book Blog
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story was a beautiful one, it really pulled every string of my heart. Nico and Maddie were so special. I love that they had this unspoken word with each other before they started dating. And then when they did date, the sparks flew so high! The chemistry that these two had was so admirable, so much so that every knew they were a couple far before they admitted that they were. Between the warning about "The Hellman Twins" and the warnings from Nico's family, I was surprised it didn't take ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I received the ARC in exchange for a honest review.

I loved this book so much! Once I got started, I didn’t want to stop. You very rarely find a book, especially a romantic suspense one, in a male POV. But Elizabeth Reyes really took it home with this. Nico is one hell of a hero. I cried halfway through this and the ending was completely unexpected! I did not see that coming. At least not at first. It was plain amazingness. Now I have to read Nolan’s book when it comes! Great job on this one. "
Serena Worker
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nico knew about the twins for a while, his brother was interested in Maggie and Nico never took any interest as they were too young. When the twins started to grow up he noticed and new that the attraction he had for Madeline for more than physical.
Nico although realising he has found the love of his life knows that she’s too young. The continue to watch each other intently. It, isn’t until his father let him know that although Madeline is a minor, the age of consent was 16, although it was
Nicole
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am normally skeptical about reading the male point of view to a story I have read previously. I am always afraid that I will end up rereading the same story with the scenes simply redone. It was a wonderful and fascinating experience to read Elizabeth Reyes' We Were One.

Nico Cortez has a tale to tell about love, loss, and survival. His joy and pain are palpable. Every word of his journey is compelling and soul-stirring. Even knowing from reading The Girl in the Mirror how the story would end,
LisaLo
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazeballs!!!! Once again another Amazing book! The love Nico had/has for Maddie was breathtaking. So very emotional...I haven't cried like that for a book in a long time. Keep writing these fabulous books Elizabeth. ...more
Amanda
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received the ARC in exchange for a honest review.

Joyce Martinez
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story by Elizabeth Reyes. I felt so good to get Nico’s POV. So excited to read the next one.
Karja26
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
won this AMAZING book on Elizabeth's Goodreads Read Along Giveaway, started it at 01.44am and had to force myself to put it down and get some sleep as I, unfortunately, had work in a few hours **sighs**. Literally did no work next day, was sneaking and reading this out. It grabbed me from the get go and I just had to know what will happen next.

I wanted to cry, cause I knew where it's leading . We know what will happen to M&N, what's worse we know how much N loves M, and reading how they
Lissa Rice
**Four Boundless Stars** Full Review and Rating will be up on Boundless Book Reviews
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

This story of a young love that turns tragic. Nico and Maddie, have it all until a tragedy occurs. Nico must pick up the pieces of his life and move on. That is until a chance encounter brings up the past.

This book has it all. Drama, suspense, an overbearing mother who only wants the best for her baby girls. The whole story had me hooked until the mother of all swerves happened. I can legit say I didn’t see that plot twist coming.

We Were One had me cussing at the very end. What
Myra Espino
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
We Were One is a promising book. It's a nice read. Don't get me wrong, the story is good but it's not for me. This book is told by Nico's pov. I haven't read the previous book so I'll rate it based on what I read.
Nico, I kind of not like him **sorry**. I don't like how he handle the situations and I was disappointed to him. Tho the ending of the story, he redeemed himself. I love him on that part.
Overall, it's ok but as what I've said the story is not for me.
Ezza Syuhada
The book was okay didn't enjoy it as much as I thought/hoped I would. I didn't feel any connection (emotional or otherwise) with the plot nor the characters. Plot was predictable and was not fleshed out to delve into more serious issues.

You can read my full review at my blog:
Nina
Feb 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ugh, don’t bother.

DNF
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Hands down, this may be the best suspense/mystery romance story that I have read in 2018! Holy hold onto your device when reading this. While you may start to see clues on where this may be going and you are hoping it twist this way, never did you expect it to turn to reality. You may feel delusional right along with Nico, just saying (but so worth the ride). I found out after reading this story that this is Nico’s story (book #2) and book #1 was Maddie’s story; however, you do not have to read ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
We Were One was one of the timeless love stories, which spans over the years.

Maddie and Nico have grown up in this small town. Nico being the bad boy on a motorcycle and Maddie, the girl who steals his heart. I loved her attitude towards Nico, which I think made him even want Maggie more. You follow these two over the years, and then something significant happens in this story, that then throws you for a loop. There’s a mystery that just hidden within the pages.

This is the first book I’ve read
Polly Barreto
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Note to readers: Content does include sexual content and language

This book is told from the male POV which made it more interesting to me. I did learn that this book is the alternate to the female POV of Girl in the Mirror (which I have not yet read), but both can be read as standalones.

This was my first book by Ms. Reyes and her words crushed me. It was like I handed my heart to Ms. Reyes, she broke it into a million pieces, and then page after page put it all back together again!

This book is

• Beastly (Furry Tale Shifters)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • A Christmas Dream
  • A Valentine's Dream
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
  • Rose Red
  • Scarlett
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
  • Dearest Stalker: A Complete Collection
  • Nice Day For A White Wedding
  • Onyx Dragons: Amber
  • The Secret Baby
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, Fate and Desert Heat romance series.

Join the fun and become a royal member of TeamReyes and enjoy the perks of early announcements,cover reveals teasers, including exclusive teasers shared only the group. Along with exclusive team,giveaways,discussions, trivia, Secret Santa and much much more!

Moreno Brothers:

Looking Glass (2 books)
  • Girl in the Mirror (Looking Glass)
“Sometimes the stars align in the perfect unison, bringing together the perfect union.” 0 likes