Start by marking “Downtime: Deliciousness at Home” as Want to Read:
Downtime: Deliciousness at Home

Downtime: Deliciousness at Home

Blurring the line between everyday and special occasion cooking, Nadine Levy Redzepi elevates simple comfort food flavors to elegant new heights in Downtime.

When you're married to Noma's Rene Redzepi you never know who might drop by for dinner...So Nadine Redzepi has developed a stripped-down repertoire of starters, mains, and desserts that can always accommodate a few
Published October 24th 2017 by Pam Krauss Books

To ask other readers questions about Downtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downtime

Start your review of Downtime: Deliciousness at Home
Jillian Doherty
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It might seem initally curious to read a cookbook all the way through in a sitting, but once i began to understand what this was about I waned to share and remember it!
It's designed for truly the every day chef, from the novice to the cultivated connoisseur in how it's designed.
where some cookbook can be stuffy Downtime was engineered for the people who love everything about food and it's preparation - standing around in the kitchen, drinking wine while you pour over the menu, it's processing,
Kym
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Although the recipes sounded interesting, they also seemed pretty "cheffy." Not really what I'm looking to cook for "downtime." Some people really love this kind of cooking, so this book is for them! The recipes are also for those without any diet restrictions. Plenty of pastas and calorie-dense ingredients are represented. Delicious for sure, healthy for everyone, not so sure. Maybe this is more of a special occasion cookbook.

The photos are lovely. Be prepared to have to turn the page while
MountainsInMyHead
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
This is an amazing book. Not only about food, recipes and dishes.
Through her explatation we have the chance to understand how Nadine started to love cooking and also how cooking, food and recipes are a huge part of her life with her husband, daughters, family and friends. We also love the way René talks about her. Not to mention that the pictures are amazing.
Each recipe feels like a story told to the reader with tips that can be sooooooo helpful.
This book is the best recipes book ever, this
Claudia
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately not at all what I expected - the recipes do sound delicious, but are far too fancy for my version of downtime, and take too much effort and skill to make (for a halfway unskilled cook like me, I wouldnt even make them for guests). The title and the super pretty cover just caught my eye, and I thought Id get a cookbook with rather easy recipes to enjoy on a lazy night in. But to be honest, I wouldnt make little cups out of brusselsprouts and fill them with salmon roe for that ...more
Hannah
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Definitely geared towards folks who find solace in cooking or making food for others. Some recipes are deceptively simple, while others require significantly more care, attention and time. Some decent ideas, but nothing really new -- just simple home goodness. Not being a fan of home made potato chips, or some of the other comfort foods here, only 3 stars, but solely based on the utility of the book for personal use.
Maija
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
A really nice book filled with great recipes that ONE CAN ACTUALLY COOK FROM. Will use this plenty.
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This cook book was reviewed on my blog at https://annaandeleanor.com
Paige Thomas
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was beautiful and delicious...when I could find some of the ingredients.
Janet
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Fun to read, interesting recipes, a few good finds, but generally not something I would refer to often.
Janin Kompor
Jan 05, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ottolenghi SIMPLE
  • Jerusalem: A Cookbook
  • Tartine Bread (Artisan Bread Cookbook, Best Bread Recipes, Sourdough Book)
  • Plenty More: Vibrant Vegetable Cooking from London's Ottolenghi
  • Fata care citea în metrou
  • After the Party