Start by marking “The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook: Fresh and Foolproof Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker” as Want to Read:

Authorized by Instant Pot and filled with beautiful photographs and more than 75 simple, well-tested comfort food recipes, this indispensable book is the ultimate collection of delicious weekday meals.

The best-selling Instant Pot has been a runaway hit, with an almost cultlike following and users who swear by it. But finding delicious, well-tested, weekday-friendly recipes
Published August 29th 2017 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook

Chessa
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, netgalley
I really liked this cookbook! I am one of those people that has an Instant Pot but doesn't know how to take full advantage of it. This cookbook would be a great gift or purchase for anyone in the same boat! Yummy recipes that weren't intimidating, step-by step instructions and a good amount of variety. My family really enjoyed the mac and cheese and I'm looking forward to trying that carrot cake!

Whether you are new to pressure cooking or not, this is a great cookbook and an invaluable resource f
Elaine -
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-book
The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook is a must-have for anyone who owns an Instant Pot. This book breaks down how to use the Instant Pot and what to cook in it better than the manual. The recipes are delicious and simple to follow. I can't wait to try them all!

Introduction

"If you grew up with a traditional stove-top pressure cooker, you'll be amazed at how far pressure cooking has come."

This is a very important point. I was hesitant to try an Instant Pot because I remember my Mom watching the pre
Melissa Dee
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought my Instant Pot cooker about a year ago, and it quickly became a featured star among my kitchen appliances. I donated my rice cooker, and my crockpot to other family members, although I retained my pressure cooker, not sure if the Instant Pot would completely take over its functions.

I probably use my Instant Pot an average of twice a week, and I was looking forward to expanding my use after a thorough reading of Coco Morante’s new “Essential Instant Pot”. Morante does a fabulous job of e
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you own a Instant pot and want to cook meals immediately, this is the book for YOU! With wonderful recipes that are simple, easy and a variety of different meals to meet the entire needs of your family, this recipe book will do the trick. This book has some great tips and techniques to get you started on using a instantpot or will help you learn new ways of cooking if you are already an expert. I also love the amazing photos! This cookbook is a gem and I highly recommend it for those who love ...more
Dawn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book! I have an Instant Pot and I also like to cook. The idea of having a healthy delicious dinner ready in under an hour is always appealing for this busy business owner, wife, mother and tennis player. Add avid reader and part-time crocheter? In there and you have someone who needs dinner to be fast and easy. The format was a little difficult to follow at times, but the instructions for the recipes were clear and simple! Though I have had an IP for over a year, there was still plenty to ...more
Christie’s Books
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The hubs got me a wonderful gift this past Mother’s Day; an Electric Pressure Cooker.  Needless to say, I was very hesitant to try this or any other type of pressure cooker.
When I was a kid, my mom used one that wiggled and jiggled all over the stove, and was so loud that you couldn’t hear the TV over it. And, you were horrified to walk through the kitchen for fear it would explode all over you and the kitchen and you’d be burned alive.  I am here to tell you, if that is the case, you’ll  be ama
Selina
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this cookbook. The recipe breakdowns are simple with clear step by step instructions. My biggest complaint about this book is the lack of pictures for each recipe. Since this has such a variety of recipes, some of which I have never seen or heard of, having additional visual representation would have helped.

My instant pot is on the fritz at the moment with a replacement on its way, but I look forward to trying out some of these recipes once it is back in working order!
Kati Berman
Want impressed

I bought this Kindle version cookbook when it was on sale for $3.99, thinking I might by the book version if I like many recipes. This was not the case. The type of recipes in this cookbook are not ones I usually make. I probably will only make a few recipes. Now I wish I never bought the Instant Pot.
SJ
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book seems like a great introduction to the Instant Pot, which I have owned for a while but never used. There are maybe 4 dozen recipes here I’d be willing to try.
Deborah  Cleaves
Recipes

Unfortunately does not have any recipes for the duo. Has a good variety of recipes. Unusable if you have the smaller pot.
V Luttrell
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow a wonderful cook book. I got an advanced copy since this book came out the 29th, and mine was in shipment before that date. Has 176 pages with lots of pictures. We love out instant pot so this cookbook is great. In fact I am having siblings over for dinner tonight and making Dijon chicken and wild Rice Pilaf. recipes for any part of the day breakfast to sides, meat and dessert. Go to http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/boo... to see inside of book.
Order it today and be inspired to cook...in a
Lara
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2017, cookbooks
This is a very easy to follow cookbook that provides an excellent introduction to the Instant Pot (and, by extension other electric pressure cookers) along with a wide variety of recipes. There is a nice section on helpful tools and tips for troubleshooting. Each recipe is well written with explicit step-by-step instructions. I made the Plum Chili Chicken and the Unstuffed Peppers. Both recipes worked well, though I found the flavors to be okay rather than excellent. This probably means that the ...more
Shannon
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook: Fresh and Foolproof Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker to review. As someone brand new to the Instant Pot, this book was invaluable. I had never used an Instant Pot and was skeptical about the hype. The recipes were easy to follow for a newbie to the Instant Pot and the results were delicious. I especially appreciate the detailed but easy to read information about the inner workings of the Instant Pot itself and how to use ...more
Joan
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Wow, if you want to know everything about how and why to use an Instant Pot for cooking this is the cookbook for you.
Loved reading the introduction and all the wonderful information she packed into it, everything from the recipes reasons, the buttons you push and the definitions for the cooking settings. This is a great how to as well as a cookbook in using the Instant Pot.
Over 150 recipes with basic everyday recipes updated, global recipes, vegan and even gluten free ones. A lot to choose fro
DelAnne Frazee
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Title: The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook - Fresh and Foolproof Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker
Author: Coco Morante
ASIN: B06XQKNS42
Reviewed For NetGalley and Ten Speed Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 5 Stars

Now you have become comfortable with your new Instant Pot , looking for something different to try and te
Serendipity Marie
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't remember a recent kitchen appliance trend more popular than the Instant Pot. But as far as practical kitchen items that real people purchase, Instant Pot is high on the list (w/the Air Fryer quickly on its tail - I'm sure I'll be reviewing that cookbook soon). "The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook" arrived on my doorstep for free via a promotional giveaway. It covers everything from the parts, process, preferred ingredients, tools, and actual recipes for every category of meal. It also con ...more
Melissa Killingbeck
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook is a must have for all newbie pot owners. The book starts off with an introduction on how to use your Instant Pot and it's many functions. The next chapter gives you a detailed list of pantry items and tools to have on hand to get the most out of the recipes and your pot. There is even a whole chapter explaining how to convert recipes for the instant pot. I found the troubleshooting and FAQ section was extremely helpful for answering some of my questions regard ...more
Mark
I much preferred the first book on Instant Pot I read a few days ago as it was "forget the programs, here's how to cook with the Instant Pot and some recipes by-the-by." This is an official Instant Pot (the company)-approved book so it is all "use these buttons and here's a bunch of recipes." I am tired of lists of recipes. I want algorithms, ways of thinking/approaching techniques/ingredients, etc. in my cookery books. We have far too many recipes and not enough better ways of thinking about th ...more
Sarah Lee
If you have an Instant Pot and want to better understand the preprogrammed buttons and have some recipes and charts this is a good book for that. If you are interested in going off into the wild blue yonder you might want to find a different Instant Pot book. This one is approved by the company so it repeats things like don't cook things from a frozen state and other things I know a lot of bloggers and users out there are doing. The recipes and steps in this book are easy to understand and follo ...more
Angelique
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this cookbook.. I have an Instant pot that I love but I must admist I am not a pro by any means..

there was a great chapter in the book on how to use your Instant-pot, what the must have tools are it is very well laid out .. super easy to read and follow along non of the recipes are hard to follow and all use most everything that I already had on hand in my pantry..
Some of the recipes I have tried so far Quinoa Porridge with Pepita and honey, Honey Turmeric Tonic,Unstuffed Peppers,Kale wi
Bcstory
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quintessential Instant Pot cookbook

I love, love, love my Instant Pot and this is the most informative cookbook of them all.Need to learn to use your pot, no problem Complete instructions for operating your device are included.

The recipes in the book are either the everyday meals you serve or act as a template for what you want to cook.

There is a comprehensive section of charts with cooking times for almost anything you might want to cook.

If you need an Instant Pot cookbook, this is the one yo
Cheryl Sanders
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic step-by-step book on using an Instant Pot.  It also teaches you how to convert recipes to fit your Instant Pot, which is my favorite part. It answers many questions on troubleshooting, PIP cooking and other issues. The variety of recipes are fabulous and the pictures are very enticing.  If you already have one or if you're thinking of buying one this is a great book to learn from.
Mindy
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of all the Instant Pot cookbooks I’ve reviewed, I found this one to be the most accessible. It had several time-saving recipes that didn’t require a pantry full of ingredients. This book also contained basic info about the IP, as well as helpful charts for most everything. If you’re only going to buy one IP cookbook, this is the one I would recommend.
Kris Rhodes
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reference, reasonable price!

Better than a couple of the other books I've gotten! Definite buy recommendation, and I'm a hard grader. Great recipes and reference for Instant Pot, electric pressure cookers.
Stella
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Most of the recipes were not things that I would make. Most helpful part was the charts in the back with cooking times of beans, vegetables and grains. I am sure I could find on the internet, but nice to have info all in one place.
Megan
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have an Instant Pot. I've used it for several years, but I've never used any setting other than manual. I enjoyed this cookbook primarily because it taught me how to use the various settings. I'm also vegan and there are some vegan recipes. I received a free ARC from NetGalley.
Rebecca Foster
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could be better.

Give it a 4 star cause that's all its worth. Will do for very general guidance but short on a lot information. A good web search will do just as well as this book...and won't cost as much either.
Polly Krize
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Tried and true favorites, and a few new mouthwatering recipes, are included in this well-presented electric pressure cooker idea book. Delicious and timesaving, well worth the read.
Niheala Reeves
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
not a bad cookbook but would prefer to have one that list you total time it takes to make a recipe. A list of ingredients then how much you need of each one. the color pictures are gorgeous. I don't think mine ever turn out looking like that though. Believe they've been photoshopped or styled
Jen
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not technically finished with this, but I have made enough recipes to know that this book is stellar. I have made: meatloaf, unstuffed peppers, and chili. All have been amazing! And it isn't a very expensive cookbook on Amazon, about $10-12.
  • Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot®
  • Instant Pot Miracle: From Gourmet to Everyday, 175 Must-Have Recipes
  • How to Instant Pot: Mastering All the Functions of the One Pot That Will Change the Way You Cook
  • Slow Cooker Revolution, Volume 2: The Easy Prep Edition
  • Bowls!: Recipes and Inspirations for Healthful One-Dish Meals
  • Fiery Ferments: 70 Stimulating Recipes for Hot Sauces, Spicy Chutneys, Kimchis with Kick, and Other Blazing Fermented Condiments
  • Paleo Eats: 111 Comforting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for the Foodie in You
  • Great Food Fast
  • Dessert for Two: Small-Batch Sweets for One, Two, or a Few
  • Maximum Flavor: Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook
  • The Broad Fork: Recipes for the Wide World of Vegetables and Fruits
  • Kitchen Hacks: How Clever Cooks Get Things Done
  • The Geometry of Pasta
  • Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Quick & Easy Recipes for Everyday Eating
  • The Kimchi Chronicles: Korean Cooking for an American Kitchen
  • Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
  • Italian Grill
  • Instant Pot® Obsession: The Ultimate Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Cooking Everything Fast