Start by marking “Rough & Ready (Notorious Devils #5)” as Want to Read:
Rough & Ready (Notorious Devils #5)

Rough & Ready

(Notorious Devils MC #5)

Cleo Hill is a married woman, in love with a man she's never really known—her husband, whom she hasn't seen in eleven years.

Paxton "Torch" Hill is a Notorious Devil, a man who's been wrestling with his personal demons since before he knew the horrors of war.

When a threat against his club means danger could be lurking around his estranged wife's door, Paxton is determin
Published June 16th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Rough & Ready, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough & Ready

Start your review of Rough & Ready (Notorious Devils #5)
Jamie
Jul 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't think I've ever read a book with a more disgusting hero. Literally makes me want to break something. Good thing he's not a real man because some poor girl would have to put up with his disgusting mess. ...more
Sabrina
Feb 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: yummy-bikers
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
Everytime I finish a book in Hayley Faiman's Notorious Devils series I immediately decide it is my favorite, and Rough and Ready is no different!

I have never been a big fan of second chance novels because there is always so much pain for the one left behind and I can never understand why someone had to leave. But with Cleo and Pax, I can understand why a damaged Pax made the decision he felt he had to. They were too young and too new to weather the storms that laid ahead for them. But what bugge
Tammi
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great second chance story. We first learned of Paxton /Torch's situation in the last book. I  just new it was going to be a good one and it was.
I went back and forth on wanting this couple together so many times it was almost frustrating. Most times I wanted Cleo to leave him and never look back he was such an a##hole. God love her she never got over their young love even though he broke her. She couldn't move on and he had horrific demons that he wanted to shield her from so he staye
Joelle
Rough and Ready

Let's start off by saying that we loved our first story by this author.For sometime I have had her books on my kindle and I can't wait to read more of this series as I know I am really going to love them.

This story had an interesting plot as well as having great characters and I have to say I loved them all.

I try to always pick a favorite character in the story that I am reading and mine is going to be Cleo,I Chose Cleo as she was truly and innocent even after the knocks life gave
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Seriously what's not to like
Everything you would from beginning to end. Frustrating biker, but also you can't help but want to slap and love him
And Cleo, brave women! Completely had a crappy situation but she picked herself up and did what she had to, and she didn't let anyone walk all over her.

A awesome second chance love story that you will not want to put down

[image error]
Tiffany Readz
I. Am. Torn.

And I want to cause slight pain to Hayley Faiman for creating such a frustrating character. From one chapter to the next I didn't know if I loved or hated this guy. Honestly, this entire series has been hit or miss for me, mostly hit, but sometimes I'm not sure about these bikers proclivities. Now with Torch/Paxton, it was the most difficult decision by far.

We've met Torch over the years and knew there was something amiss about him. We knew he was ex-military and carried a pretty big
Tammy Cole
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favorite in this series! I was instantly hooked from the very beginning. I can't even describe accurately enough how much I loved Cleo. This is a woman who doesn't have any family and her husband, the one she waited for to return from war, breaks her completely. She picks herself up and makes a life for herself.

Torch has been traumatized by his past and what he's lived through. It's been over a decade but he's never forgotten his wife.

When these two are together the chemistry
Cheryl
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Danger

Paxton or Torch is his road name. I actually didn't like him in the beginning. He comes back on leave from the service practically rapes his wife and than he leaves for almost 11 years.

Paxton decides he needs to find her to protect her from the cartel. By the way that is not the only Danger though. She goes through some stuff. They have a traitor in their club.

In the end he gets better however his excuse to bail instead of talking in all those years was not an excuse. He should have trave
Michelle Claypot_Reads
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this second chance NC Romance. It’s witty and hot with a complicated story that had me hooked.
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
he author is looking for an honest review.

3 stars

I love an angsty type of book. One that the man think he is doing right by his woman and leaves, but then realizes he is a stupid man. That is what you get in this book, well sort of.
Pax was the love of Cleo's life. She only had a few months with him before he was deployed, but those months meant everything to her. What happens at the beginning makes me sad, mad, sad and even madder at Pax, throughout this book. Eleven years goes by and now he is
Jaymie
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!

(5 Stars for the writing)

So here we go again. My first book in this series was Rough and Ruthless (book 4) and I was really torn by it because the H pissed me off quite a bit. Still, I enjoyed it and the writing was very well done so I just brushed my agitation for the H aside and went with it, giving it 4 Stars. However, with Rough and Ready I can't do that. I'm sorry, Ms. Faiman, but I'm throwing in the towel. Your brand of Bikers are not for me.

My rating of 3.5 stars is purely ba
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

When I pick up a Hayley Faiman book, I've come to expect a few things.... insane heat, crazy angst, loads of drama, page gripping suspense, damaged characters, and irresistible heroes that make you want to slap then ravage them. So far her gritty and raw Notorious Devils MC series has lived up to each and every one of those expectations.

But this book.... totally surpassed them and some... giving me the best of this series to date!

Rough and Ready was an incredible book in the most twisted
Renee Entress
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains heartbreak, pain, secrets, danger, and suspense.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Rough and Rowdy (Notorious Devils MC, #1)
Rough and Raw (Notorious Devils MC, #2)
Rough and Rugged (Notorious Devils MC #3)
Rough and Ruthless (Notorious Devils MC #4)

This is Cleo and Torch‘s story. Cleo is in love with her husband who she has not seen in eleven years. Torch has not seen his wife but when danger t
Judy
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, dnf
DNF at 24%...Just too many inconsistencies and questions. First he didn't know she was pregnant, then he knew she was pregnant when she ran. So many confusing points that had me questioning WTH was going on. ...more
Mandie Foxylutely
This is the fifth book in the Notorious Devils MC series and is Torch and Cleo's story.

Paxton and Cleo were married young before Paxton takes off to do his first tour of duty. When he returns he is a different person and is no longer the loving boy she fell in love with, but a man with haunted eyes. After a night of alien behaviour from Paxton, Cleo wakes up alone and confused. When Paxton doesn't return she tries to move forward with her life without her husband but he has always been there in
Michelle Austin

description

Rough and Ready was a great 5 star read.

We get pulled in right from the beginning and my heart just broke for Cleo and what she went through. She wanted to be there for her husband so bad, she loved him. Paxton ends up leaving Cleo.

He did something unspeakable to you, and then he left you high and dry. He’s not worthy of you.

We jump ahead about 11 years, Paxton (Torch) is now a brother of the Notorious Devils MC and their families are in danger. Conce
Tanya Santiago
***4 Stars!***

This was really a good read and just the way an MC book should be! It was my first read from this author and she did not disappoint!

Cleo and Paxton “Torch” Hill were married young before Torch went into the service. When Torch returns, he is a changed man with demons that are too much to endure. Torch hurts Cleo in the worst possible way and ends up leaving her as if she never existed.

Fast forward to 11 years later, Cleo is living her life, but not really. She is a shell of a woma
Avidez Literaria
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cleo did not have the love of her parents and after her grandmother's death she met Paxton Hill, who some time later will be her husband. He's everything to her. But war can change everything. In just one night, she will be hurt, learn to forgive and try to open her heart to a fresh start. Only to be abandoned again. And eleven years later, she will discover the fine and fragile line that exists between anger and love is about to break, with the return of her husband.

Paxton Hill is a man haunted
Kali McQuillen
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mc, 2017-read, 2017-arc
This author can write MC and Bratva to where you want to read every book!! I'm picky when it comes it to these genres but this woman gets it right for me every time.

Torch - a man who fell in love with Chloe before he left to go overseas to fight for his country. When he came back, he was a different man. He did what he thought was best for Chloe but he broke her heart.

Chloe is a strong independent woman now. She may not be rich in money but she is with friends. When she see's Torch again, she re
Helen Oakes
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I think this one is my favourite story in the series so far. I loved Torch having to prove to his wife that he disappeared on ten years ago that he’s changed and wants her back. He was still a brute like the rest of the guys but it was nice to see one of them realise they were the problem. I also loved the added bonus of one of the minor characters in this novel bonus chapters at the end so we knew what happened to them - great touch!
Amanda Steward
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite

Not my favorite but I’ve read lots worse. I didn’t like Pax’s ways I was so worried once things got tough he was gonna run to the club whores again. There was a lot more suspense in this one compared to the others. But all in all Cleo tamed him. And helped him fight his demons.
Teresa Lara
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loving Pax and Clees amazing emotional 2nd chance.Love this series.
Brandy Roberts
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hayley Faiman has written some of my most favorite reads rough and ready is one of them , we have seen most of the secondary characters from past books in the Notorious Devils MC and was so excited every time the Russian Bratva are mentioned witch is another amazing series that this author has written . Adored the characters , the story line kept me on my toes could not look away , always love a good second chance love read , and the mini story at the end I'm so happy she put that in along with ...more
Laura Wolf
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Still enjoying these books!!! Can't wait for the next one! ...more
Kristie
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rough And Ready
By: Hayley Faiman

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5 Star Review by Kristie K

Hayley Faiman brings back the men of the Notorious Devils MC in all their filthy, delectable, masculine, rugged glory…Rough & Ready, indeed…

Ok, so here’s the thing…I LOVE MC books, and every single author does them differently. I love to see each authors take on the genre, and it has become one of my very favorite genres to read. This is actually my very first Hayley Faiman book, and I was completely floored! Where have you BEEN
JoAnna G
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth installment in the Notorious Devil's MC. The author kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Let me tell you, emotional rollercoaster. It was up and down, forward and backward. You were always wondering when and what was going to happen next. She sucks you into the MC and you feel like a part of it. Like they are your family or your foe. You want to hug them and feel compassion and then want to kick the crud out of them. Especially, Paxton, and I loved Cleo to piece ...more
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is one of my go-to MC series. I love anticipation of when the next book in this series is going to come out. I can never wait to get my grubby hands on it. I'm always jumping for joy when one of Mrs. Faiman's books lands on my kindle. And I have to say I couldn't wait to find out Torch and Cleo's full story in their book.

Now that being said Paxton, aka Torch, and Cleo frustrated me to no end. Oh my goodness there was several times while reading th
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cleo Hill married the love of her life, Paxton, when she was younger, and quickly after, he was deployed overseas in the military. When he came home, he wasn't the same man she married, and the next day he was gone when she woke up, leaving her with nothing. Now after 11 years of not seeing him, all of a sudden he shows up at her apartment, saying that it's a possibility that she's in danger. Paxton 'Torch' Hill is a member of the Notorious Devil MC now, and for the last 11 years, he's been drin ...more
Eva Mcfarden
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Eva by: Hashtag Minxes

#### 4.5 ####

Seeing your husband after eleven years will definitely bring out some emotions. For Clee, it’s more of an eye opener of how she has lived, or existed since she last saw Pax. Her heart and head are all over the place. How can she still love him, but at the same time hate him.

After seeing your wife after eleven years, Torch is reminded how beautiful she still is, if not more. The connection Torch and Clee had was epic, until it wasn’t. When Pa
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 3 (MC Chronicles, #3)
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings Vol 4 (MC Chronicles, #4)
  • The Darkest of Light (The Kings of Retribution MC #2)
  • Accidentally Yours: A MC Novel (Vicious Snakes MC Book 1)
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 2 (MC Chronicles, #2)
  • Carbon (Blackwings MC, #4)
  • Finding Solace (The Kings of Retribution MC #3)
  • Cage (Dead Souls MC: Prospects #1)
  • Shaker (Blackwings MC, #5)
  • Undaunted (The Kings of Retribution MC #1)
  • Nox (Untamed Sons MC, #2)
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 1 (MC Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood & Bones: Deacon (Blood Fury MC, #4)
  • Dark Captor (Dark Syndicate, #2)
  • Evil's Pact (Devil's Outlaws MC #3)
  • Savior (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #3)
  • The Vice President (Of Rebel Rage MC #2)
  • Love Above Law
Born and raised in California, but living in Texas and loving every second of it. I married the man that I started dating when I was 16 years old. We have 2 little boys and a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

Find me on

Facebook --https://www.facebook.com/authorhayley...

Website -- https://hayleyfaiman.com

Notorious Devils MC (7 books)
  • Rough and Rowdy (Notorious Devils MC, #1)
  • Rough and Raw (Notorious Devils MC, #2)
  • Rough and Rugged (Notorious Devils MC, #3)
  • Rough & Ruthless (Notorious Devils #4)
  • Rough & Rich (Notorious Devils #6)
  • Rough and Real (Notorious Devils #7)

News & Interviews

You can’t stop watching. You have things to do, children to feed, even work you get paid for. But the screen…it’s holding you hostage....