Start by marking “Rebirth (Praegressus Project #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebirth (Praegressus Project #1)

(Praegressus Project #1)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Aaron Hodges, comes a thrilling new genetic scifi that has fans begging for more.

For centuries our evolution has stagnated. Surrounded by technology, we ceased to adapt. Until now...

When eighteen year old Chris is accused of treason, his world is changed forever. Abducted in the night, he wakes in a facility hidden d
Published March 27th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Rebirth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebirth

Montzalee Wittmann
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Praegressus Project, Book 1
By: Aaron Hodges
Narrated by: Michael Stene
This is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary.
This is a suspense-filled book that kept me on the edge of my....tablet. lol
The world building was good and I don't want to live there. It was an intense book where scientist were experimenting on kids. If you like Max Ride by James Patterson then you will like this. Similar but different enough to stand alone. Can't wait to see what happens next!
The nar
Angela Kay
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rebirth is the first of a three-part science fiction series entitled The Praegressus Project. Eighteen-year-old Chris and his mother were both taken in the dead-of-night. Soon, Chris awakens in a cell. Confused and frightened, he has no knowledge of where his mother is--only that she's accused of treason and children must pay for their parents' crimes. Chris must join forces with others just like him in the fight for survival against a group of doctors who are experimenting with science in order ...more
Bonita Gutierrez
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fresh, fast-paced Sci-Fi Fantasy.

With Rebirth (The Praegressus Project Book 1), Aaron Hodges has put his own fresh stamp on the enhanced human genetic story. Driven by compelling characters, an intriguing post-apocalyptic world and an absorbing mystery, Rebirth is a real page-turner. I was riveted from the first action-packed chapter to the last gut-wrenching scene.
Fans of James Patterson's Maximum Ride series will get hooked on Rebirth. I sure did!
M Hamed
Oct 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017, urban-fantasy
I have wrote a lot of bad reviews ,I have told authors fuck you ,go fuck your self .and other variations
I have abandoned a lot of books ,finished many that I hated
I can't say that this is the worst book I have read
This book isn't that good at being bad,it doesn't get under your skin
It doesn't want to make you howl
It's average in it's rotten mediocrity
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Before I start my review you should know I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi and it's not my go to genre. I decided to review this book because I'm in the middle of a long list of books to review for my website Artistic Bent and didn't have anything like this so I figured why not? If I have to be even more honest I was ready to hate it just because like I said I'm not a big fan of this genre and figured it would take an Act of Congress to get through this book. If I was in a good mood I might even give ...more
Julia
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for older teens, it is a dystopian future sci-fi theme but distinguishes itself from the plethora of books in this category. A warning, it does have some violence and abuse but is not too explicit. And I am not good gn to detail the plot here as it will offer too many spoilers. Let us just say that although it is sci if, it is close enough to realistic fiction that it will appeal to many who don't traditionally like that genre.

The thing I liked most about this book was the
Meenaz Lodhi
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aaron Hodges has excelled himself in this new sci fy/dystopian series! Congratulations! The science applied to the plot is very realistic, not that I'm an expert, but, every experiment is described as if it's real. I was totally hooked from the beginning, the feelings described so well, I could really feel the hurt, despair, struggles,... I couldn't stop myself feel and be at one with the characters, there were moments I had tears rolling down my cheeks till the end! This is the end of "boys don ...more
Tisha Vogt
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I LOVE when fantasy meets science. This is the PERFECT book to read in a time when our world is watching the leaders and distrust of the government is a MUST! This book shows an excellent example of what government and science gone wrong can accomplish. You cannot crush the true human spirit!

A MUST READ NOW!!
William Howe
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Emoting emotingly

The logic is thin, and the characters are so emotional as to be drama queens. No one acts rationally; they all have stereotypical roles to play. Not enough is really explained to make sense of everything.

The copy editing is acceptable and the plot stays true to itself.
Karen
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rebirth is an ambitious and exciting beginning to the Praegressus Project series. This series, by New Zealand author Aaron Hodges, is in the same vein as The Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, and other dystopian near-future fiction that puts teams of young adults through a series of brutal tests, the purpose and origins of which only become clearer to the protagonist and the reader as the story unfolds.

The writing is serviceable, spare, and cinematic in nature. One could easily imagine this
Coco.V
Dec 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/15/2017)! 💝
Ann Hupe
Mar 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Pretty good writing mechanics, but content was sorely inaccurate.

This is a look into a dystopian future, one I certainly NEVER want to happen here in California. It’s all about very high-level genetic engineering as part of a government project allegedly meant to deal with what I’ll call the Walking Zombies on Speed. Subjects being experimented upon are the children of adults accused of treason against the Western United States of California, Oregon, and the State of Washington. I’m not certain
Selene Kallan
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found it eerie reminiscent of the world we live in. Nice pacing and lots of action.
Aviar Savijon
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rebirth

When I purchased this book, I saw the amazing cover art and the title Rebirth, and thought I am ready for a great fantasy tale. I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Rebirth is one of the greatest Sci-fi fiction thrillers, I have ever read. It is astounding, outstanding and make the maze runner series in comparison seem like elementary school games. As we seen and gain emotional ties with the four original characters through their trials and tribulations that are barely conceivable to the mind. Aaro
Dowl R
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not drawn in

Has that simplistic vibe to it that's common in teen and young adult books. Here is your enemy, now let's make them super evil so you hate them. The book is focused on creating outrage to the point of making the world and characters hard to believe. For example, a law that makes you outraged should make people in the book outraged and could never exist for long in a functioning civilization. The world just wasn't dystopian enough for some of the premises. At the other end of the spec
Tyrel
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

I was a little hesitant going into this one as I really didn't know what to expect but I ended up pleasantly surprised the story is quite different from other novels I have read and found myself really enjoying it. The only reason I gave this 4 stars is because it involved the characters being in a jail cell most of the book so the lack of world building was a bit disappointing but other than that it was a great read looking forward to the next one.
Jill
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the books well enough to read the sequels. They are interesting, sort of original if you can ignore the Maximum Ride books. One thing did drive me crazy. I'm reading the Kindle version, so it may not show up in others, but when you pull something tight, the word is taut, not taught. Please all authors out there, don't be afraid of the dictionary. It's your friend.
Jackie
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a read. Just couldn't put it down before I totally finished it. Everyone just has to read this. Just recently listened to the audio book, absolutely amazing. Will definitely reread and listen to the audio version again.
Morisha
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: zero-to-hero
Interesting but...

We're getting a little cliché with the winged humans and genetic mutation. Kept my interested enough to continue reading though.
The Talented Miss Ripley
Just not that into it

Maybe I am just pushing for more but it just wasn't that interesting to me. I was hoping that I would get into it within the later chapters but I never did.
Susan
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This ebook was amazing but it was also hard to read sometimes. I normally finish a ebook quickly but this one took time because I could actually imagine this happening. Especially in today's political climate. I highly recommend this book, which has two sequels I plan on reading next.

The book starts in the aftermath of a war between Washington state, Oregon and California leaving the United States an becoming their own country, the Western Allied States. There ends up being a war between the new
Patrick S.
Apr 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audible
This book was easy to get through but didn't leave much of an impact behind. The world building was almost non-existent. It appears that something happened in America where rebellion occurred and it was struck down and traitors and their kids are now hunted. It was so quick that I believe it was regulated to one sentence in the book. Then there are creatures attacking people in cities. Again, they are given maybe a paragraph and it's hard to tell if they're zombie like creatures or something els ...more
Lana
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A dystopic society, with a government which is out of control and grasping power no matter how! Many people are just disappearing with families being classified as traitors and killed. A group of young teenagers are abducted and brutally imprisoned in a laboratory and medical centre in the middle of nowhere. They are tortured and abused physically and mentally to the extreme, then those who made it to the final phase of the so called Praegressus project are injected with the dna of various strai ...more
Rob Cooke
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cracking good listen! Anticipating the Sequel!

This book starts off by throwing you off track and thinking maybe this is a very different story. Very quickly it amps up and the tension builds.
I really enjoyed the story and how I never fully understood why certain things were happening only hints.
The characters develop but maybe not as much as they could. Really hoping for a lot more of that in the next book.

Narration is very good and keeps characters distinguishable whilst still giving range ac
Desiree reilly
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i received the e book of rebirth and then i love the way the author done the book . i read the book and then i got the book and read it lees than 2day i got in to the book .If you like angle you will like this book but they are doing to the young kid the government is corrupted and the thing going around the area and they are killing them but they are tolerant to bullets so who try to kill them will be dead as soon as they get hold of you like a zombie .
The gov got the adults and they figured th
Cath
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This follows two teenagers, one dragged from his home with his mother, the other a girl caught after having survived alone on the streets for years, as they are accused of treason for the actions of their parents !

They are taken to a secret facility where they are forced to do the unthinkable to survive and experiments are carried out on them by doctors with domination on mind. The world as it was is no more and monsters are tearing up people and coming into the remaining cities - called Chead -
Al Burke
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
"This was a free audiobook with the option of a review."

In the near future a civil war ripped through America. The dust has settled, but the Chead, super-soldiers that are effectively monsters, still roam the countryside wreaking havoc. A shadowy organization (of course) comes up with a plan to fight said monstrosities. They kidnap children of people who fought for the losing side in the war, and "adapt" them to fight the Chead.

So far, so superhero. It's a good yarn though, as the protagonists
Tina
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Hodges really dug deep for this story. Liz, a runaway teenager and Chris, a devoted son are captured and held against their will. The are the children of believed enemies of the Government. That's an automatic death sentence. They are given the choice of death or life. If they want to live, that are to be used in horrible experiments. There are hundred of kids from every walk of life, all being used and pitted against each other in a brutal way to see who's the strongest.
Wow, this is a very
RJ
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story is of a dystopian future revolving around genetic engineering which is part of a government project to create super humans. Subjects are obtained by accusing the parents of treason while capturing the children. I tried several times to get into this story by rewinding and starting fresh, but I just couldn’t do it. For me the plot is rather confusing and the character development leaves much to be desired. For others this may be a decent read, but it’s just not for me. This audiobook wa ...more
Sandra Lyamuya
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was great

An amazing book which brought out alot of emotions from me as our characters went through tough phases.
I loved Chris and Liz, both with a different past one worse than the other but their time together is... Upsetting. I felt like getting inside the story and smashing a certain doctor's head on a rock
Sam and Ashley; though not the main characters, still their roles we're amazing in this book with Sam adding some humour and Ashley able to bring calmness in a tough situation.
The endi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Aaron Hodges was born in 1989 in the small town of Whakatane, New Zealand. He studied for five years at the University of Auckland, completing a Bachelor's of Science in Biology and Geography, and a Masters of Environmental Engineering. After working as an environmental consultant for two years, he now spends his time traveling the world in search of his next adventure.

Praegressus Project (5 books)
  • Renegades (Praegressus Project #2)
  • Retaliation (Praegressus Project #3)
  • Rebellion (Praegressus Project #4)
  • Retribution (Praegressus Project #5)