Start by marking “Falling for Tender Heart (Tender Heart Texas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling for Tender Heart (Tender Heart Texas, #1)

Falling for Tender Heart

(Tender Heart Texas #1)

Her Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys . . .

Published April 4th 2017 (first published April 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Falling for Tender Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for Tender Heart

Start your review of Falling for Tender Heart (Tender Heart Texas, #1)
Mada Linx
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars from me.

“I might not be as perfect a hero as Rory. But I promise you I will be. And I promise you that I’ll never stop loving you. Never.” - Cole.

“Oh, Cole! You don’t have to work to be my hero. You’re my hero just as you are. You are everything I’ve ever dreamed of and more . . . so much more. I love you. I’ll always love you.” - Emery.

Aren’t you guys sweet, promising eternal love to each other when you’ve been together for like, what, 5 minutes?

Fast paced romance but
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2zgszm5

Oh my goodness. Falling for Tender Heart was an absolute blast!

The Gist: Emery is on the hunt for a long lost manuscript her favorite author wrote before she died. And she's finally gotten a clue! Which has her heading to a run down Texas town and coming face to face with the spitting image of her favorite book boyfriend. Live and in the flesh and related to the author! But... he's grumpy. Growly. And nothing at all like
Aly
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Editor and avid reader Emery Wakefield received a letter from a woman saying she had found the last book (never printed) in Emery's and her friends' favorite series and asking her if she'll be interested to publish it. As if she could say no to a Tender Heart novel, a ten-books series about mail-order brides in the old West that made Emery's teenage years more bearable ! So she leave New York for a trip in Bliss, Texas, with her two friends, but her first impression of the town is that it
AG Reads
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute, low angst and easy read. My personal taste would probably rate this a 3, but the book is exactly what the blurb promised it would be, so I gave it a 4.
Bette Hansen
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This is an excellent small town romance. Great characters and a fun storyline made this a very entertaining book. I recommend it!
marieno
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last summer, I read Katie Lane's Deep in the Heart of Texas Series and I felt in love with her writing style, the town of Bramble and her characters. When I heard of her new series, I could not wait and today I found out that I'm not disappointed by the Tender Heart series.

I like that kind of story: mixing an old one, (In this case, it's a series of books about mail-order brides) with a new one (Emery and her friends are on a quest to find the lost last book of their beloved series... It must be
Stephanie
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, fun, quirky read. I am a big Katie Lane fan however this book deviates from the norm, or at least what I have come to expect as the norm. This was still fun and intense in a new way however it wasn't nearly as sexually charged as the previous books that I have read by her.

Emmery Wakefield is in love with the tender heart series, they gave her an escape when she felt inadequate. Now that she has a chance of bringing the long lost final book in the series to the publishing house
Coco.V
Feb 06, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (2/6/2018)!

Blurb:
Her Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys . . .

New York editor Emery Wakefield has come to Bliss, Texas, in search of the fabled final novel in the Tender Heart series—a series that left readers the world over hanging when the author died. But finding a happily-ever-after for her beloved characters and editorial success for herself won’t be easy. Especially when the one man who holds the rights to the book is a sexy cowboy who looks exactly like a Tender Heart
Kathy Davie
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-western
First in the Tender Heart, Texas, western romance series and revolving around a love of books, especially an historic western romance series. The couple focus is on Emery Wakefield and Cole Arrington.

My Take
This is a sweet story with some nice twists. Of course, I liked the idea of Emery as an editor who gets caught up in the stories she reads. And I also liked that Dirk and Carly are such rebels that they break into the abandoned diner to cook some decent food.

Poor Emery. She doesn’t fit in
Millie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
first book in a brand new series by Katie Lane. Katie Lane always deliver a book full of heart, good story and quirky characters, but never more so in this first book in the Tender Heart Texas series. What length would you go to if one of your favorite authors of your very favorite series died before writing the last book in the series? What if you got a letter telling you that there was a last book and this book had the ability to put you at the top in your career? This is what happens in ...more
Phylis Carpenter
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An awesome book by Katie Lane. Every dedicated reader who starts reading a series of books imagines themselves as part of the series. When something happens that the series isn't going to be finished everyone hopes that something will happen to answer the unanswered questions they have.

Emery is one of those avid readers who wished she could have closure for the series. She has written a thesis page in college on the series and now she has decided to go to the town of Bliss and see if she can get
Isha Coleman
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Can a novel based on fairytales, lead to a love forever true? Falling for Tender Heart is modern love meets storybook romance. Katie Lane allows her characters to write their own love story. One woman's fascination with love, lays the groundwork for happily ever after in the case of two lonely hearts. Cole and Emery are a reminder of the talent that is Katie Lane. With the stroke of a pen, she gives sweetness a face and can make a heart race.
Paula Bothwell
Falling for Tender Heart (Tender Heart Texas, #1) - PG13/R
Violence: none
Language: fewer than 90, including deity
Sex: roaming hands without a lot of detail, easily skipped.

But these two are *really* sexually charged so they're back at it before long. There's the last part of chapter 19 and the first part of chapter 20 for you skippers. I only made it about five pages in before I figured out that this book is like the "naughty romance novel" genre that our heroine is so fond of. It might be a
booklovingredhead
I mean a book that has a book within it, what's not to love. Emery Wakefield is a editor from New York. She never fit in in school and with her family she wasn't the smartest but always has her nose in a book. I really related to Emery. Being a big reader myself I know that feeling. Reading about someone that is like that is rare. I think many people can connect with Emery just like I had. I'm very pleased with the way Katie Lane wrote this book. It had history and it had bits and pieces if the ...more
Busybeth76
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots going on in a small town

Emery Wakefield is a book editor in New York. She's made her way to Bliss, Texas in the hope she's located the final lost book for the beloved Tender Heart book series of mail order brides. Gracie Arrington, descendant of Lucy Arrington, author of the series, claims to have found the last book. If true, this find could save Emery's career. Plus she's a fanatic Tender Heart fan. But when she arrives in Bliss it seems a decrepit shadow of what she expected. Plus, her
Sherry Elswick
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I am a huge Katie Lane fan. This is the story of Emery, an editor for a NY publishing house on the hunt for the final manuscript in a widely popular Tender Heart fiction series. Cole Arrington is a descendant of the author, who wants nothing to do with his family's legacy. Sparks fly immediately between Emery and Cole. The sexual tension is good. Secondary characters are fun and a bit quirky to liven up the narrative. I enjoyed this book so much, I stopped reading it so I could prolong the ...more
Kathleen Booker
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love mail order bride stories

Emery grew up feeling like she didn't belong and kept her nose in books she read the Tender Hearts series and fell in love with the lead character Rory Earheart . She goes into the publishing business and receives letter stating the final book in the series has been found since the authority or passed away before it could be published. She traves to Bliss Texas and finds her very own Rory but not the rest of book. She falls hard and fast for Cole and becomes a
Sherry Sias
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romantic

Loved this story of Emery and Cole. Emery is a editor from New York who loves the Tender Heart Romance series. The author died before the last book was published. When she gets a letter and the first chapter in the mail, she is convinced the book is in Bloss, Texas where the author lived. She travels there with her two friends, and meets Cole. Sparks fly instantly. When Cole finds out why she is really there, do they get their HEA? Recommend this book. Cant wait for the next.
Marie McKenney
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this start to this series

This book is a wonderful western story. Emery is an editor who goes to the town that her favorite series is from to find the last book. She discovers lots of other things in this town. Cole is one of the men in town who is actually one of the characters in this town. The ups and downs in this book are very emotional. Love her friends and the townspeople. They all want to know about the final book. Can't wait to read the next book.
Kappysgirl
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

Yes, the story might be similar to those you've read by other authors. But, Katie does bring her characters to life! You can't help digging in to see just what Emery will do. And then you're hooked. Cole is everything you hope for. Romance novels are meant to be fun, taking you away into your imagination. This doesn't disappoint.
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have a thing for small villages with quirky characters, and Lane works hard at creating this world. I like the book within a book, relatable protagonist, and writing focus. Sure part of the ending feels like a flight of fancy, but romance novels are my adult version of fairy tails. So if you like your Hero Charming as a Texas cowboy, this one is for you.
Jan
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Modern Day Western Romance!

This book is a revisiting of a western with romance, adventure and mystery thrown in! It reads as smootb as glass! The storyline flows gently through your mind while the charectors weave thier way into your heart! So settle in a comfy dpot, relax, and get ready to enjoy the ride!
Kerry H
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying book to get cozy with.

Witty writing, fun characters, lighthearted plot.
The perfect mix of romance, small town, cowboy, and don't forget the undeniable spark of passion. I loved the storytellling, the flow and fleshed out characters ever growing throughout this book. Impossible to put down!
Peggy Clayton
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. The characters are in search of a place where their favorite series was written. They not only find out things but then romance steps in and take the story into a new turn. This was such a fun book to read as it is something I would of done years ago. This is a "home run" for Katie.
charles boehm
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enchanting book

This book deserves more then 5 stars. This is a Delightfully enchanting book. It keeps you engaged, while alluringly disarming you with the amazing characters, and the beautiful story. If you want to read an alarming, irresistible story this is it. I cannot wait to go to the next book.
Jill Anderson-bloch
Kept me interested

I wasn't hooked at first, but as an avid reader, it was a rebound book after reading a three book series. I did get hooked and can't wait to read the next. Women's friendships, open mind, love.... Katie Lane does well. The Dixie Chics would be proud of this cowboy romance!
Pauline Frost
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A small town romance that blends old mail-order brides with journeys they experienced and the romance of modern day couples. Well written and perfectly paced pulling you in from the start. This one is about Emery and Cole and how they connect.
Frankie Ruthenberg
Excellent mystery/Romance

Very sweet love story with a little Mystery! I couldn't put it down! It's hard to find a sweet reasonably clean love story with just enough of sex to make me happy!
Jan Locke
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mail order brides

I loved this book! I'm also a book dweeb who absolutely loves to explore the settings of my favorite books. The people of Bliss, TX are so real I didn't want to leave them. I hope they continue to be a part of the series!
Debbie Fair
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tender love found anew

This story was a city to country loving. A story that was written about our heritage of the wild West with all the trials and triumphs. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I will be looking for more stories from this author.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Where Dreams Are Born (Angelo's Hearth 1)
  • His Blushing Bride (Montana Born Brides #2; Love in Montana #4)
  • Redeeming the Texas Rancher (Forever Texan, #3)
  • Wyne and Dine: Ben (Citizen Soldier, #1)
  • To Catch a Texas Cowboy (Wishing, Texas, #2)
  • Take Me, Cowboy (Love on Chance Avenue #1; 75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • Twice Shy (Hammond Brothers, #2)
  • The Cowboy and the Kid (Tanner Brothers #4; Code of the West #4)
  • True-Blue Texan
  • Chaos Theory (Nerds of Paradise, #2)
  • Beware the Ranger
  • The Cowboy's Runaway Bride (The McCall Brothers, #3)
  • Branded with a Kiss (The Sweetheart Brand #2)
  • Along Came a Ranger
  • Seeking the Sheriff (Masterson County, #1)
  • Something Borrowed (Lone Star Match, #2)
  • Rodeo Man (Cameron Cowboys Book 1)
  • Amazed by You (Riding Tall 2, #1)
Katie Lane is the USA Today bestselling author of the Deep in the Heart of Texas, Hunk for the Holidays, Overnight Billionaires, and Tender Heart Texas series. Katie lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and when she isn’t writing, she enjoys reading, traveling, and cuddling with her high school sweetheart and cairn terrier Roo.

Tender Heart Texas (5 books)
  • Falling Head Over Boots (Tender Heart Texas, #2)
  • Falling for a Texas Hellion (Tender Heart Texas, #3)
  • Falling for a Cowboy's Smile (Tender Heart Texas, #4)
  • Falling for a Christmas Cowboy (Tender Heart Texas #5)
“ticked at” 0 likes