Start by marking “Surrender (Pleasure House, #3)” as Want to Read:
Surrender (Pleasure House, #3)

Surrender

(Pleasure House #3)

Note: The books in the Pleasure House world are all stand alones featuring a different couple in each book. They can be read in any order without any trouble. The listed order is the order of publication.

Julie wants Gabe Griffin like fish want water, but what she wants is sweet domestic bliss and a white picket fence. What Gabe wants is to put a collar around Julie’s thro
Published March 27th 2017 by Burlesque Press

To ask other readers questions about Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrender

warhawke
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kinksters
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Julie had with a dream of a perfectly normal middle class family. As a bartender, the clientele were not exactly meeting her specification except for one of her regular customer.

Gabe Griffin has been coming to the bar for months, but their interaction was limited to drink transactions. When he finally asked her out, he was hoping for something much more, but she might not be able to fulfill his particular needs.

Before starting
Elle
3* ready or not STARS!

Kitty Thomas as always blow me away. You can read this as a standalone but I recommend to read Guilty Pleasures and Broken Dolls because it is still in the same universe. I almost forgot, who is Gabe? If I'm not wrong, he's the not-really-sadistic Master with warm heart.

Julie is just an ordinary woman with decent job as a bartender. She's dreaming of white picket fence and happy ending. When her regular customer, Gabe ask for a date, she accept his invitation. For months,
CC
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
description

Julie was raised in a sheltered household where her sole dream was to have a white picket fence, a provider husband and 2.5 kids. But with the reality, Julie wasn’t able to make her own choices, so she fled her family and found a bartending job in an edgy part of town. Upon meeting a regular customer, Julie wants him to ask her out but appearances aren’t always what they seem to be.

“But the back of him was nothing compared to the front of him and those startling green eyes that seemed as though
Charlie
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 seriously dark and kinky stars!

As usual, Kitty Thomas is the freaking queen of all things dark and twisty. I think this book may be my third favourite after Comfort Food and Tender Mercies.
*~* Susie
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, dark, dont-judge-me
This was between a 3-4 star read for me. I love Kitty's writing. She always brings something that shocks me. Think Big Sky. Totally unconventional and shocking really. Surrender just didn't have that element to it. Almost too main-stream? That said, I will always pick up her books.

Happy reading : )
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
I ALWAYS love a Kitty Thomas book! This one is dark yet very intriguing and sexy. It can be read as a standalone.

This story started off very promising for me. I was fascinated by Julie, who worked as a waitress in a bar but dreamed of a normal life and family. Gabe was a regular customer who finally asked Julie out on a "normal" date. It was pretty clear from the beginning that Gabe was not interested in the white-picket-fence thing.

I love a dark story but this one felt just a little rushed for
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
Received ARC copy from author for honest review

In Kitty Thomas’ Surrender, we revisit the world she created in her books Guilty Pleasures and Broken Dolls. You do not need to have read those stories to enjoy this one, but I highly recommend them. Go ahead and pause reading this review and go forth and one-click those books! Ready? Let us begin…

Gabe Griffen…sigh…his name is everything you need to know. “…if you give it a chance, I will awaken something inside you that you never dreamed was possib
Dawn
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Another Good read by Kitty Thomas!

I have to say that I am happy we got to read Gabe's story. I loved that he had issues but still was the hero! Which made for great read and interesting journey for Julie. I am happy these two found each other.
Additionally, I do wish there was a little more of them as a couple. I felt there should have been a little more to the ending for Gabe & Julie's story. I was not ready for it to end, an epilogue would have been lovely.
Jacque
Can I just say how excited I was to read Surrender! I have been a long time fan of Ms. Thomas and knowing it was set in the same world of not one, but two of her other books, had me squealing. Now let me start by saying if you are a new fan or back for more Kitty, it is not necessary to read those previous books. That loosely translates into this is not a series. That's right, not a series. BUT, if you have read them, you will be happy to know Gabe gets his own story.
*Snoopy dance time*

Seeing t
Angel
I am absolutely pissed about giving this book a 1 star. I love me some Kitty Thomas. She grabbed me with “Comfort Food”; she tormented me with “tender Mercies”; and she made me shudder with “Guilty Pleasures”. When “Broken Dolls” came out, which is a companion book to “Guilty Pleasures”, I insta-bought it. Loved it. Kitty has a way with words, I tell ya. She knows how to fuck with the mind.

So when I saw “Surrender”, which is Gabe’s story, I insta-bought it, too. The beginning started off awesome
Lisa Thow
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Surrender had just the right amount of spice to make it nice! I definitely enjoyed reading it. In my opinion, Julie was realistically written and I was able to see her develop and come to life as a character. I loved her innocence, hesitancy, and the fight she had in her. I mean, heck! Stepping into her shoes, I'd probably be the same way she was too. If I was a submissive I would be like Julie. And If I'm “Julie” then I want my own Gabe! Holy Hallelujah! H.O.T!
I’m daydreaming about my own “Knig
Melinda
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Little disappointed. . .

This my forest time reading any of Kitty's books. I thought that they would be too dark, but this one want realt dark at all. At least not in the DARK way if you know what mean.

I enjoyed reading about Gabe and Julie but I don't think the was enough of a love connection to make the story believable. It would have been nice if he chose monogamy because she was the love of his life, however, I think Julie comes off as a "eh, whatever" from him.
All in all, this was okay, I
Maria
Apr 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Primo libro che mi ha deluso, e le ragioni sono diverse.
Primo: gabe, non l'ho trovato di spessore e neanche lontanamente comparabile agli altri personaggi maschili.

Secondo: ho odiato la protagonista. All'inizio ero super entusiasta, e lei mi piaceva molto con la dolcezza. Ma poi per tutto il libro è stata intollerabile, frustrante.

Terzo: la storia rispetto a tutte le altre era effettivamente banale.
K-
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dark-bdsm
This felt like half a book to me. Definitely not my favorite.
Melanie
I loved this. Full review to come.
Amber Bentley
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
To short seems to just end right when it starts.
Pepca
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, reviewed
Not what I expected either in terms of erotica or romance, but I think my issue was mostly with story-telling.

Thomas definitely seems well aware of the issues the set up for the story brought for both characters, mainly consent, choice (or lack thereof), and trauma, and puts in the effort to have both characters consider those issues and work through them, but unfortunately does so by employing too much 'telling' instead of showing. It really is a classic example of how not to write.

I think th
Katharine
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-romance, abuse
Underwhelmed.
Compared to the two books which come before this (even though its not technically a trilogy, they are in the same literary universe) I felt as though Surrender was rushed and not as well thought out as the others. The ending was super underwhelming as it just came to an abrupt stop, and I was flipping my pages trying to find the real thing. I feel like it could have been wrapped up a lot better and come to some real conclusions.
It was still good, but not my favourite from Kitty Tho
mlady_rebecca
Folla
This was really a disappointment although I like The author but this one was bad ... All the characters has no depth I couldn't connect with either of the hero or the heroine ,I didn't understand their emotions and actions , it felt flat and I was even bored.
† The Submissive Poet † Neisha
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
must reread
Kristina
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
Alluring Darkness

I really enjoy the world Surrender took place in (although it's NOT part of a series), and loved getting a further look at Mina and the super scary Brian. 😈
Julie's story goes to some extremely dark places, so I appreciate how the author wrote through and over some of the more awful times, allowing some distance for the reader.
I know I needed it.
As dark as this was, it was also one of the author's more emotional reads - as in: heartfelt feelings and emotions expressed between
Amy Martin
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kitty Thomas did it again....this book as it all: angst, violence, psychological aspect, some BDSM and erotica. I think it's the first book from her that I read that did not have many erotic scenes but was so well written it did not need it. It is a standalone which means you can read it all by itself but if you want more I would suggest that you read Guilty Pleasures and Broken Dolls since you get the chance to revisit the characters of those stories in Surrender.

Gabe is an all-mighty alpha ma
Rosie Willow
May 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Disappointing and Disturbing

Of all the characters in the 4 books, I didn’t expect Gabe you be ultimate monster. It maybe in Julie’s nature to be submissive, but gabe took too much advantage of her. Telling her that he won’t force her, but she only accepted him because she was terrified by Brian. Gabe knows that but still, he took advantage of her,brainwashed her and denied her in coming for a month. He maybe was good in beginning but he did the ultimate sin in all of them.
Kanella
May 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
I usually enjoy her books but this one was horrible. It felt like it ended in the middle of the story. What the heck? No real closure. The characters were flat. I actually hated the hero. This did nothing for me. If you enjoyed her other books, pass on this one!
SansaReads
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kitty Thomas is one of my to go authors for dark reads. I did love the plot of this story as well as the character development, I just wished she had more smut in this.
Jules
I love spending time in the Pleasure House, and Surrender gets 4.5 stars for another great story about its occupants. Brian and Mina will always be my favorite (and it was great to have an opportunity to see what they're up to, as they do play a minor role in this book), but Gabe and Julie had an interesting tale to tell, as well.

Gabe, professional Dom and favorite trainer at the Pleasure House, is drawn to bartender Julie, despite the fact that he figures she's too sweet, and would likely run
Melinda
I received a free copy through Goodreads.
---
All Julie wanted was a simple life, with a husband, children and the whole white picket fence. But sadly her future turned out much differently than she expected. First of all, she was kidnapped and treated as a sex slave for months on end. Second, just when she think she is saved, she finds out she can never go back to her old life.

Poor Julie. She was so innocent in the beginning, and left so damaged during those six months. It is a wonder she struggl
Rachel
Overall I liked that Gabe didn't hide who he was...after their very first failed date of course. Julie on the other hand, I'm not really sure but there was definitely something about her that I just couldn't stand.

Julie is a young college student working in a dive bar, trying to figure out her next step. While dating the clientele isn't a good idea (especially with the types of customer her bar gets) she is completely interested in the guy that's been coming into the bar for the past 8 months. G
Kym
This was just as good as the other books surrounding this little world of guilty pleasures. Gabe actually turned out to be my favorite of the guys. No matter the desires he craved his heart was always in the right place. He was brutal at times but also fair.

As for Julie, she was definitely not right for the part until she came to her senses about herself. There is no amount of naivety that will allow a person to not know something so basic about themselves. Unless there was a reason why, being
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Wait For Me (For Me #1)
  • Possession (Black Light #11)
  • Dragon's Lair (Dragon's Lair, #1)
  • On Your Knees (Cress Brothers, #1)
  • Smoking Holt (Tryst Island, #3)
  • My Wicked Devil (Club Wicked, #3)
  • Sanctuary (San Francisco Dom, #1)
  • Mercy (Judgment, #2)
  • Distorted Hope
  • Wishing Well
  • Bind Me (Pact of Seduction, #1)
  • Learning to Drown
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)

Note from the author: Thank you for reading and supporting my work. If you'd like to speak with me directly, please tweet me at @kitty_thomas, or find me on Facebook, or use my contact form at kittythomas.com.

***

Kitty Thomas writes dark erotic fiction with a literary edge. She began publishing in early 2010 and is considered one of the original authors of the dark romance/erotic subgenre.

If you e

Pleasure House (4 books)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Pleasure House, #1)
  • Broken Dolls (Pleasure House, #2)
  • Pretty Lies (Pleasure House, #4)