Start by marking “Never Stop — Finnish Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories” as Want to Read:
Never Stop — Finnish Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories

Never Stop — Finnish Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories

Never Stop — Finnish Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories is compiled by Emmi Itäranta and features gems in a wide range of genres, all published in English for the first time.

"These stories invite you to see a glimpse of new lights emerging in the vast sky of international speculative fiction. You may not have expected them, but once they have caught your eye, you will hop
Paperback
Published August 2017 by Osuuskumma-kustannus

Be the first to ask a question about Never Stop — Finnish Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories

Andrew Hindle
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was delighted to have been a small part of getting these stories out into the light of day - but while I was technically an editor / language checker for this anthology, my "job" really didn't feel like work. I just sat and read this great collection of stories.

Every one of them drew me in almost from the first page, and every one of them gave me something new to think about, or wonder at, or wipe away a single glistening testosterone-laden manly tear. I can say it. These were great stories, t
Ghoti
Aug 30, 2017 added it
This is a gloriously diverse book of speculative fiction, covering all aspects of the genre. The authors are all Finnish authors who have not been translated into English, and the many of the stories make me want to learn Finnish just so I can read more of the author's work! There is much beauty within, much that I'd like nothing I've read elsewhere, and the full gamut of emotions can be found between the covers of the book

If you like short form speculative fiction at all, I'd recommend.
Patrick Garvey
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this book at worldcon in Helsinki because I thought it was a shame to hear so much about Finish SFF and not actually read any (and it's surprisingly difficult to find any in translation) and I am extremely glad I did.

The books aim according to the foreward is to give English language readers a glimpse at just how varied Finnish language SFF is, and it definitely succeeds at that. Everything from hard SF to fantasy is covered. While most wouldn't feel out of place in any English language co
Linda
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: weird, anthology
What an awesome book! Some of the stories in it were brilliant, leaving me craving more. Others were merely awesome or great, and only one or two were so bizarre, that they let me confused as to what exactly had happened in them. All in all, I heartily recommend this anthology that gives us non-Finnish people a taste of what is on offer in Finnish sci-fi and fantasy. *makes note to self to look up what else these authors have published in English*
idle
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just what I needed, a sampler of Finnish sci-fi and fantasy stories. It's a mix of genres – some of them evolve from a historical background with their own twist, some resemble traditional folk tales, but I was pleased to find some science fiction among them too. Some motifs appear more than once – the sea seems to be a constant source of inspiration. The quality of the stories felt balanced, I don't have a clear favourite, but no dislikes either.
Mark Rzeszutek
Feb 27, 2018
Margit
Dec 19, 2018
Kirppiskirppus
rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2017
Katri Alatalo
Mia Myllymäki
Mar 26, 2017
Anu Korpinen
Mar 27, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
S.
Mar 27, 2017
Biju
Mar 28, 2017
Janos Honkonen
Mar 29, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Samuli
Wendy
Sep 01, 2018
Anastasia Luise
Jan 03, 2019
Anni Nupponen is a Finnish writer who writes fantasy and science fiction. She writes about war, use of power and sadness, but also tells tales of love and kindness. She is inspired by fairy tales, steampunk and cyberpunk. She loves cats and sunshine. She lives in Tampere, Finland.