Start by marking “Motherhood Martyrdom & Costco Runs” as Want to Read:
Motherhood Martyrdom & Costco Runs

Motherhood Martyrdom & Costco Runs

Join bestselling romantic comedy author, Whitney Dineen, as she discovers the three Es of parenting:
• Exhilarating—when you first discover you’re pregnant.
• Exhausting—when you realize you’ll most likely never sleep again--like EVER.
• Explosive—OMG these kids spew from both ends!
And that’s just the beginning. Whitney shares the ridiculous highs and excruciating lows of her
Published 2017 by Whitney Bohlen Dineen

To ask other readers questions about Motherhood Martyrdom & Costco Runs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motherhood Martyrdom & Costco Runs

Sandra "Jeanz"
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was looking forward to a fun, light hearted read with this book. After reading the blurb I was interested to learn how Whitney coped with the "the three Es of parenting.

I think the cover really sets the fun tone for the book. It shows Whitney dressed in her business suit with a pair of goggles and a cape whilst posing as a superhero! The background is a Costco store (not that I have been in one) though I know it is a trade warehouse store.

The genres on Netgalley for this book are humour, and p
Stephanie (the nerdy princess)
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

words can not express how much I love this book!

I am a mother of 4 and could relate so much to Ms. Dineen. I honestly need to know can we be best friends Whitney?!?!

If you are a mother, or soon to be mother, or thinking about being a mother, PLEASE read. These stories are sooo true....

P.S. Costco should really be sponsoring your book tours and sales........ just sayin....

If you are that parent that says " oh n
Kayla
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book says everything that any mother thinks! I will recommend that if you read this book in public, to read at your own risk because you will chuckle and will find yourself nodding your head in agreement. People may think you are crazy (but then again, do you really care?). If you are looking for a witty read, this is the book for you!

I received an advanced reading copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing it.
Erin Baker
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read!!

I loved this book! It was hilarious and made me say "that's so true!" and "that's totally me!" more than once! I loved how the author didn't try to sugar coat motherhood but instead told it like it is. And her love for the toilet paper wall at Costco is adorable!
Amanda
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always been a big Whitney Dinesen fan and the love definitely continues after reading this book!! I'm not a mother (maybe someday), but I absolutely related to many of the stories Whitney wrote. The book is real and powerful. You'll laugh. And the stories are short so you can read a few throughout your busy day!! I would recommend this book to everyone especially busy moms & dads who need to know they aren't alone in this crazy ride called "parenthood"!!!
C. Gonzales
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Heartwarming and Inspiring. This novel will have you laughing out loud and crying tears of both heartache and joy. There is so much truth in Whitney's writing and I really appreciated her laying it all out there for us to read and connect with.

Motherhood is not a piece of cake and mothers go through new struggles each day, but aside from that we also experience an amazing joy every day. It's a balance and I loved the way that Whitney portrayed that.
Jen
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
I loved this book! The essays are real and hilarious!
Amy
This was a nice light-hearted read. Relatable. I liked that each story was short so you only needed a few minutes at a time.
Alyssa Nelson
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

This is a collection of short essays/memoir pieces that focus on three themes: motherhood, martyrdom, and Costco. In the book itself, Dineen says that this is the perfect book for working moms, since the snippets are short and the book would make for great bathroom reading, the only time some people can find to read. I will say that it’s a fast, fun read, that has a few heartwrenching moments, but that is mo
Bailey Ember
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Okay, where are all of my moms at? This one is completely and totally for you. This is such a great novel for moms everywhere, you may not be able to relate to every aspect of it, but I can guarantee there will be an abundance of things you will say, "YEP, been there!"

Let's face it, we are all exhausted and sometimes complete messes. We need a break to just get away and know that others out there are going through the same things. That is what this novel was for me.

This novel is emotional, you
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com

MY REVIEW: I adored this book from cover to cover. I felt like Dineen is my soul sister. I love the humor, heart and honesty in this book! I was laughing hours later thinking about her stories. These random outburst of laughter caused people to look at me sideways and then I would tell them about the book and they fully understood why I was laughing. I told them to buy the book NOW! Don't delay. Every mother needs this book (it would make a great gift...hint, hint). Motherhood is no easy task an
Karen
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book yesterday morning and have just a couple chapters left. I have so enjoyed the adventures of this mom and can identify with so many of them.
Even though I am a Grandmother, I remember the days of little ones and the experiences of raising two little ones. I am sure young moms can see themselves in many of the predicaments and laugh knowing someone else has experienced these things...
It is a happy book and made me laugh.... even read parts to my hubby as he was wondering
Tracy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You don't have to shop at Costco to enjoy this book!

This collection of essays from Whitney Dineen will make you laugh out loud. Moms can definitely relate to this book. You'll find yourself nodding in agreement as you read!
Chick Lit Shop
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#5Stars! Superhero parenting the chaos with a large dash of style and humor!

I thoroughly enjoyed Whitney Dineen's #5Stars romcom She Sins at Midnight which impressed me with its creativity, unique story line and flirtatious charm. I loved this book so much I had to read it twice, just to appreciate every nuance. Ms. Dineen knows how to write an totally engaging and enveloping story! When I heard she had a brand new book filled with real-life motherhood essays, I knew that I had to try it. As a n
Sara
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed for Chick Lit Central (www.chicklitcentral.com)

There was a moment several years ago, when I’d struck up a conversation with another mom at the local playground. My towheaded two-year old had been playing nicely with her two young daughters, and we were sharing parenting nostalgia while we watched our children frolic in the early morning sunshine.

All had gone well, until I made the grave mistake of being completely honest with this woman, who didn’t know me, granted. But we’d
Barbara
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my second book by Whitney Dineen and again she hits it home with chuckles and belly laughs. She keeps the parenting struggle real. No sugar coating like a Costco cake! Motherhood is TOUGH and thank goodness she keeps us laughing or we might be crying or falling asleep, since mom's are in the member's only, short on shut-eye club. Each chapter is like a Costco sample, you'll keep coming back for more super-size laughs and a jumbo dose of honesty. This book is a perfect gift for moms ever ...more
Sky Greene
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Motherhood Martyrdom and Costco Runs is hilarious! It has laugh out loud moments and some very heartfelt ones as well. I’m not a mom and I still related to and found humor in a lot of the stories. It provided an honest glimpse at what being a mom in your 40s to little ones is really like. I loved that chapters are short and individual. You can read a few at a time, not read for a few days since life gets busy, and easily come back to it and not feel like you need to reread to get back into it. I ...more
Krysten Hager
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny, moving, honest, and hard to put down. Dineen will have you laughing and nodding as she shares her tales about motherhood and changing from a fast paced lifestyle to life in the Costco lane. Although the book will have you cracking up, she also shares the very real side of postpartum depression and dealing with family illness. This is a very funny and realistic book on parenthood. Would be great for book clubs!
Tracy Westmeier
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hysterical

I don't have children, but I love Whitney Dineen!! She is hilarious, sanctimonious (only about herself), irreverent and, admittedly political incorrect. Her humor is so real and fresh. No wonder she always mentions Edith Bunker in her stories. I love you, sister from another mister. Keep 'em coming!!!
Kristina Aziz
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The author kept hinting that she was famous, but I can't for the life of me think of a time I've ever seen her name before. The book itself, though, made me feel so much better about being the mom I am.
Elizabeth Casper
Delightful and honest reflections!

Filled with humor, pain and truths, I thoroughly enjoyed this picture of embracing life with candor and humor. Sometimes laugh out loud funny, and other times painful truths, but all times worth the ride.
Cheryl
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and funny

A very cute collection of short blurbs, perfect to read in between being interrupted every 3 seconds for yet another juicebox.
Brenda
Jan 25, 2018
juli Vachon
Sep 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
While attending the University of Illinois in Chicago, Whitney Dineen was discovered by a local modeling agent and began an unexpected career as a plus-size Ford model. She modeled in New York City before moving to Los Angeles with her husband.

When she wasn’t modeling, she was in the kitchen, baking delights to share with friends. Soon, her friends began asking her to send baskets of her wonderful