Start by marking “The Truth About Love Vol:II” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Love Vol:II

The Truth About Love Vol:II (The Truth About Love #2)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
An alternate title/cover for this ASIN can be found here.

Cherry Donaldson goes through dates like some women go through coffee. So when she find herself in need of a temporary roommate, saying yes to the gorgeous guy—even if he’s not her usual type—is a bad idea. A very bad idea.

The last thing she expects is to fall into a friendship with Jared. But he makes it so easy. A
Published April 20th 2017 by Dreamscape Books

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Love Vol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Love Vol

Siobhan
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I came to enjoy the first The Truth About Love volume much more than I’d anticipated. My mixed feelings towards such short stories had left me unsure, yet the story left me more than eager to see what happened next. Thus, I was more than happy to jump into the second volume – I needed answers to so many questions, I needed to see where things went.

In all honesty, I wasn’t crazy about reading Cherry’s story. She was an interesting character, yes, but I was crazy to know how Eve’s story developed.
DJ Sakata
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quote:

Since Eve cleaned it I have tried to stay on top of the grime situation. I was kinda hoping that my new flatmate would be into cleaning, but looking at Jared with his mud-covered boots and scruffy clothes, I’m not sure my new flatmate even likes to clean himself. Great, I’m going to live with a smelly boy.

My Review:

I adored the humor, storyline, and characters of this delightfully written tale and was well entertained from beginning to end. I am hopelessly addicted to this series
Nadine Keedy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I had the next novella ready as i just had to find out whats going to happen next. Loved this one as much as the first book. Although it can be read as a standalone it is best to read the first one so you get what's been going on. Off to read the next one.
Sara Oxton
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Truth about Love vol 2 – By Anna Bloom a five-star read that will make you fall in love. Truth about Love vol 2 - Tells us the story of Cherry Donaldson and Jared, without giving too much away with my review I will attempt to tell you why I loved this read, it’s only a short one but it’s worth every moment you will spend reading. You don’t have to read vol 1 first, but you would get spoilers so if you plan on reading it, read it first. We have met Cherry in the first truth about love vol 1. As s ...more
A
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC received in exchange for an honest review :)

4,5 stars for another great novella in this series :) I can't tell you too much, because since it's a novella it's pretty short, but I thoroughly enjoyed it :) will come up with more words for my full review, to come on the day of the release :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got the ARC of this story from the author in exchange for an honest review :) since this is a novella, my review will be on the shorter side as well... :) I can't, after all
Ree
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, I was not expecting this second installment to change POVs completely, but as soon as I got over that, I was lured into a really sweet story. Cherry, Eve's best friend from Vol. 1 is scrambling for a roommate. The most unlikely candidate shows up, and against her best efforts - and his - they end up falling for each other. When a secret comes out, will they decide to stay together and explore true love?

Read the novella to find out!

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
this is book 2 in the truth about love series, it can be read as a standalone but it's best to read them in order.
cherry and jarrod are the main characters in this story and gave me oh so many feels.
if your looking for a great novella this series is the go for you.
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Casey Leigh
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second instalment focuses on friendship -the many kinds there can be, honesty - the many varieties in existence and the realisation that love comes in all guises. Still enjoyable and will greater consistency.
Lauren
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
this quick read is About Cherry and what she goes through finding a temporary roommate while Eve is gone. This quick read is entertaining while predictable. I can't wait to see what the author does in the third installment to tie the two stories together.
Ann Walker
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh what a fab story. This book made me laugh and put a smile on my face almost all the way through reading it. Loved Cherry and Jared and their relationship and I'm hoping Volume three lets me know what happens next as I am desperate to know.
Beatriz
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

I loved it!
It's so cute but super funny and entertaining at the same time. Seriously, I spent my night laughing out loud while reading it.
I highly recommend it and can't wait for more.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.*
Alison
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read and reviewed the first in this series a couple of months ago (Review Here) and have been longing to see if this one reaches any conclusions. Previously we had Eve and Cameron’s story, this instalment focuses on Eve’s bestie Cherry.

Eve has to vacate the flat they share for a while to take care of her sick mother, meanwhile out of the blue Jared asks Cherry if she needs a temporary room mate, Cherry is not keen on having a boy to share but realises the rent money will come in handy.
She is a
Sheila Schoenauer
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I want to start this review out by saying OMG! I KNEW IT! I need more, MORE!! UGH!! I’m honestly at a loss for words on how to describe Jared. Jared is well, Jared. Amazing doesn’t even begin to describe him. In only a few short chapters we get to know and fall in love with him. But to hear his story that’s where the more than amazing part falls in. Cherry is quirky and unique in her own way. I love her loyalty and devotion to her only real friend. I love how she puts it to Eve whe ...more
Tracey
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*
This is the story of Cherry Donaldson whose best friend Eve has left to look after her mother who overdosed. She decides to rent out Eve’s room on a temporary basis until Eve returns. In comes Jared, problem is he is not very well mannered leave a mess all of the place, which turns out hat she nicknames him smelly boy, but he is one hunk of a man.
This is a short story which follows on from where Eve left and Cam has disappeared. Cherry is
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this wonderful series, and is about Cherry who allows Jared to move in as a temporary housemate. No spoilers; give this a go for yourself!
This is a quick, sweet, humorous, and well written novella. I love Anna’s work, and she certainly never disappoints her readers. I recommend this authors work for all romance lovers out there.
Jean Joseph
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cherry needs to find a roommate to help with the rent until her best friend Eve comes back. Jared answers her ad for a roommate. When he moves in he makes it almost impossible to live with his messes. They never expect to fall for each other, then Cherry finds out he has lied to her. Can she forgive him and move on??? Can't wait for the next book. I voluntarily received an advanced copy of this
book for a
honest review
Books 2 Blog
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Volume 2 in The Truth About Love series is a quirky, fast paced love story of two very unlikely people and quite an enjoyable easy read.

Jared and Cherry is an unlikely pairing. However, Jared’s character sold this volume in the series. Even when he was appalling, I found myself grinning. The author’s sense of humor shone through his audacious and totally a-holey character! The banter between Jared and Cherry had me cracking up even when other people wouldn’t. I also loved the twist of friendship
Jade
Jul 15, 2017
Debbie Rodriguez
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This picks up with Cherry waiting for Eve to come back. A little time has passed, and Cherry is feeling the money crunch.

To make ends meet she advertises for a temporary  roommate.

Here enters smelly boy, aka Jared. As much as Cherry tries to deny it you can feel the attraction she feels to him.  Then things take a twist.

I can tell you i wasn't expecting this story to be like this. It really had me in the dark for the whole way.  Sure there were a couple of things i missed,  but oh well.  It ju
Samantha Leighton
May 16, 2017
Tracey
Truth about love Vol II

I'll be honest when part 1 ended and said part 2 was Cherry's story I was a little gutted as I was loving Eve and Cam. Now I've just demolished part 2 without coming up for air, yep I had no reason to be gutted!

Jared is staying with Cherry as a temporary flatmate while Eve is away. He is a smelly man (Cherry's words) that takes over the flat.

Eve avoids Jared as much as possible, but she cannot miss the fact his hot no matter how many times she thinks 'dead bunnies' lol.

Th
Barbara
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome continuation to the series. The author has written a wonder storyline that turns out to be Cherry’s story! While Eve is gone caring for her Mum, Cherry must take in a temporary roommate to help pay the rent. Against her better judgment she rents Eve’s room to Jared (or as Cherry calls him, Smelly Boy).

Everyday, Cherry becomes more convinced she has done the wrong thing in renting to Jared. Yet if the truth were told she can’t help but admire his muscular body and good looks (even if he
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is the second novella in the series and follows Cherry's story as she allows Jared to sublet in her apartment while Eve is away taking care of her mother.
There's not much that can be shared without spoiling the entire story but I loved the slow build between Cherry and Jared and the twist at the end that explained everything. I definitely didn't see it coming!! I can't wait for Vol III!!

*This is my voluntary review of an advanced reader copy*
DrivenbyBooks
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A short read. I really liked reading it from beginning until end. I have to say I haven't read Vol. I yet but I sure will after reading this one. Definitely a great in-between book :-)
Cherry needs a temporary roommate to pay the bills, just until Eve is back. When she first meets Jared, she doesn't like him that much but she accepts him to temporary move in. But looks can be deceiving and when you look further, you might be lucky enough to find someone that will give you everything you thought
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this second book of The Truth About Love series we get to have more of Cherry, Eve's best friend, and her budding romance with Jared. I enjoyed reading their story and can't wait to see how Eve's and Cam's and Cherry's and Jared's stories all wrap up in book three.
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a short read and I really liked reading it from beginning until end. I have to say I haven't read Vol. I yet but I sure will after reading this one. Definitely a great in-between book :-)
Cherry needs a temporary roommate to pay the bill, just until Eve is back. When she first meets Jared, she doesn't like him that much but she accepts him to temporary move in. But looks can be deceiving and when you look further, you might be lucky to find someone that will give you everything you though
Claire Thake
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, author-arcs
I absolutely love these books! This is the second book in the series and focuses on Cherry, who we met briefly in the first book.

After Eve (who we met in book 1), moves out temporarily to look after her mum, Cherry gets a temporary room mate in the shape of Jared...a smelly boy! The story was great and although I could predict the outcome it didn't spoil the story for me one bit!

I really like Cherry's character, and found myself laughing at loud several times. These books may be short but you
Tiffany
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cherry and Jared are so great together! I love the banter between the two of them. Jared is fantastic! It doesn't take long to absolutely fall in love with him. This is a short story that's perfect for an afternoon fun read. I can't wait to read the next one.
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This is my honest review.*
Rhonda Brant
Apr 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Well, I guess I'm in the minority about this short story. I honestly didn't care for Cherry and Jared's story. I know Cherry was a tell it like it is kinda person, but the story just didn't come together for me the way I expected it to. The way Jared was in the beginning, was just weird, trying to act like a bum, then did a turn around when one of Cherry's dates didn't go well. Just didn't click for me like the first one did. I am however looking forward to the end of Cam and Eve's story!

I volun
Sharon Betts
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful short, funny and warm and fuzzy feeling book!

Cherry needs a temporary flat mate to help with the rent while Eve (The Truth About Love Vol I) is away, and along comes Jared aka Smelly Boy. There's lots of laughter along the way as the flatmates adjust and make friends. While the book is short, it doesn't feel rushed, and the characters are well written. This book will leave you with a smile on your face.

The Truth About Love (3 books)
  • The Truth About Love: Vol: I