Start by marking “Stock Investing For Beginners: How To Buy Your First Stock And Grow Your Money” as Want to Read:
Stock Investing For Beginners: How To Buy Your First Stock And Grow Your Money

Stock Investing For Beginners: How To Buy Your First Stock And Grow Your Money

A former janitor and gas station attendant in Vermont, who died a few years ago, surprised everyone by leaving an $8 million fortune to his local library and hospital.

What was his secret, everyone wondered? And the answer turned out to be pretty basic. Because, besides being industrious and frugal, which you may have guessed, he had invested in the stock market throughout
Published March 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Stock Investing For Beginners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stock Investing For Beginners

Kacie Desrosiers
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful as a beginner.

Simple, clear and concise guidance on how to get started in the world of stock trading. It had everything I needed to know, without confusing terms that would otherwise make this hard to understand. I can say after reading this, I have the knowledge and confidence to buy my first stock!
Rell
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very easy to understand, this will be a book that I will
Look over several times, honestly it’s a 5 star book in regards to the information. I gave it 4 stars bc there’s parts where the text wrap around that make it difficult to understand unless you read it twice. I’ve recommended this book to several people already
Titus
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

This is the type of book I've been looking for. I appreciate the explanation of how to read the charts and explanations of symbols. It feels less intimidating and I feel more confident, excited and look forward to investing in a stock or two. I'll definitely will be reading more books by Mr. Roberts.
Lady K
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a GREAT book for anyone looking to get into investing in the stock market. I've read a few other books over the years but none of them have been as straightforward as this one. This is a VERY easy and short read. One you can read in a day. However there is a wealth of knowledge covered. It definitely gave me more confidence to start investing.
Aaron Brancheau
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just what I was looking for

I'm a 22 year old kid whose always been interested in the stock market. This book cleared up a lot of questions and made me feel confident in starting to invest. I just started my first broker account today and plan on buying my first stock tomorrow. The book was easy to grasp, interesting and I'm happy with the purchase. Thanks John!
Natasha Charles
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Basic

Basic information that can be found using a Google search. However that is exactly what the introduction claims that the book will do for you, give you just enough to get started and no more. Easy read.
MV Gamboa
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy, concise and straight to the point. Just what I needed for the basics. Investments and stocks can be complicated but this book focuses on the most basic things we need to make the first step! I highly recommend!
Benjamin Brujan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple to understand, plain English and great examples

Great explanation of the stock market for beginners. Takes away the myth and fear of the stock exchange. A must read for beginners looking to get in to the market.
David Kelley
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick and eastUY

This book was quicking and very easy to learn though it didn't dive into detail about every thing it did give enough information and reference for you to research your self.
LaQuita Thomas
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read!

I really enjoyed reading this book! I understood everything and I believe I can become a business owner theough stock investing today. This is my first investing book so I'm looking forward to stock investing. Thanks for making it simple.
Erick Guzman
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good

I knew most of the things John explained in this book but still really found it very informative and easy to understand for someone that has never heard of the stock market.
Josh Parsons
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Very basic and introductory

The author uses real world comparisons to try and help the reader understand. He will discuss picking a broker, your options of broker, picking the right stock to invest in, how to buy, well and
close.
Nadia
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book

This book was simple and easy to understand. If you are a beginner I recommend reading this book! If you are more advanced it may not be for you, but this book helped me out😊 and it was not a long, boring read!
Evert Dutoit
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good info

Good info for absolute newbies, easy to read and concepts made simple. Apparently 8 more words required for whatever reason
Jim Reed
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy read and great info

The author made what can be a confusing topic eat to understand and kept it interesting. Good information for someone new to the stock market.
Ed Mocek
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Should have gotten this book.

I should have gotten this book a long time ago. John makes it simple to understand how to begin buying stock. He puts it in simple terms.
Abhinava Das
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is an owsum book for beginners in stock trading
Barbara Campos
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best to initial steps and understand

This book touch me how simple and easier is to start this important task to get financial freedom. It's lovely
Melanie
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Basic stock info

I feel like this is a decent intro to stock investing but it sometimes reads like an infomercial. It was a quick read which I did like.
Yaya White
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great introductory book into stocks

Great introductory book into stocks. Simple and easy to understand information to get you started in the stock world. Happy I bought this book.
Renish Lalani
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ogud
Christie Cook
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really simple and informative!

I have a better understanding of the stock market now. My background is all science. I know little of the finance world. This helped.
Rushane Clarke
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book

It's easy and straight to the point. This Is good to start your journey into the world of investing. I enjoyed reading it.
jessica
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beneficial

I am a complete beginner. So the very basic wording was helpful and not discouraging. I'm glad I purchased this book. Great for the price
Renee Smith
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick, Informative Read!

Really helpful in easily breaking down what you need to know — plus tips and tricks to get started now.
Jerome Alexander
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book lived up too it's title, very simple and informative

A good read ,thanks John you kept your word and lay it out where it could be understood. Well done
Delon
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good for Beginners

This is a good book to read for those just starting out on their investment journey. It is a quick read and will be a good foundation setter.
Jaime aguirre
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Easy to read. Messaging was clear and concise. Highly recommended. For any beginner good referral source. I love the price as well
Anna Frederich
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2019
Ian Maritz
Feb 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Five Dysfunctions of a team Summarized for Busy People
  • STATUS 3
  • Food & Mood: The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best
  • Escape From Samsara (Prophecy Allocation #1)
  • Aboriginal Australians
  • Terry Pratchett's Discworld Imaginarium
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
  • The Beginner's Guide to Dog Agility
  • How the Good Guys Finally Won: Notes from an Impeachment Summer
  • BULLETS (Jon "Big Slick" Elder Book 1)
  • The Cocaine Princess Part 2