Start by marking “Hidden Hearts (Lovestruck Librarians #6)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Hearts (Lovestruck Librarians #6)

Hidden Hearts

(Lovestruck Librarians #6)

AN ADMIRER WITH A SECRET . . .

Mary Higgs could be the poster girl for the buttoned-up librarian. She follows the rules. Stays ʼtil closing. Her kindness and dedication to her patrons are legendary. But those patrons have no idea what she's typing to the mysterious shut-in who emailed the library three months ago . . .

A year ago, Miles O'Connor was a gleaming, ab-sational s
Published June 20th 2017 by Lyrical Shine

Start your review of Hidden Hearts (Lovestruck Librarians #6)
Tina
I can't think of any other word to describe this book except cute. Or maybe sweet. Ok, so it is both. But it is also pretty funny as well. Alright, that is three words. But it is true. This is cute, sweet and nicely humorous.

Even though the two main characters deal with their share of angst -- Miles, the hero, is in hiding and throwing a bit of a pity party because he is learning to cope with a loss and Mary, the heroine, has repressed a lot of herself because of a terrible living experience she
Maria
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
A wonderful read and an excellent take on the wounded hero trope – it’s rare to find a story where the hero’s new condition and reality are so thoughtfully woven into the plot (the difficulties, the new body, the grief, the adaptations… and the awakening to the new possibilities of a different life (“That didn’t mean he couldn’t use his new body and test his limits. For work, for fun, and for pleasure”, quote from ARC).
I rea
Maria Rose
Hidden Hearts by Olivia Dade is the 6th book in her Lovestruck Librarians series (It may also be listed as book 4, depending on whether 2 novellas are included in the series total). The staff of a small town library system are the heroines and every story I’ve read to date has been a delightful tale with lots of laughs and sexy romance. This one has a more serious tone to it but is no less entertaining and I devoured it in one sitting.

Mary Higgs once had dreams of leaving Nice County and explori
Xan West
Jun 16, 2020 marked it as do-not-read
Content Warnings for up to 39% (view spoiler)

DNF at 39% when the heroine decides that she cann
Didi
Hidden Hearts is genuinely nothing like I expected! Like the previous installments of Olivia Dade's Lovestruck Librarians series, it was funny and filled with jocular innuendos (after all, the (heroes and) heroines from previous books returned as supporting characters here. Yet, there's an added humongous issue involving Mary and Miles which involved mental-related subject. Even so, the author still managed to spin humorous and lighthearted tale; Olivia Dade is fast becoming another favorite aut ...more
Terri
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you!  It is expected to be released later this month.

This is book six in the Lovestruck Librarians.  While I have read some of the earlier books in the series, I have not read them all.  For those considering this as a stand alone, go ahead and start reading as it is not necessary to read it in order.  While some of the ch
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

This book is, by far, the best of the series! I had a very hard time putting it down!

I enjoyed Mary as a character, loved her quiet and caring nature and how she grew to love Miles. I liked that she was a relateable character because of h
Maria
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
So I'm on a roll with another of the Lovestruck Librarians and this was one was equally adorable but Eugene, the pizza owner, totally had me rolling in tears.. he has a "this is your brain on pizza" shtick with and egg that had Mr laughing so hard, I stopped reading to laugh and cry.

I love that Miles wasn't a perfect man just as much as I loved that Mary had her own personal trials that didn't deter either of them to try at love.
Quinn's Book Nook
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first heard about the Lovestruck Librarians series on Smart Podcasts Trashy Books, and knew right then that I had to read some of these books. They are all about librarians, or library workers falling in love. Talk about right up my alley. The first one I read is Hidden Hearts by Olivia Date and I loved this book.

Hidden Hearts is about Mary Higgs, a librarian at one of the Nice County libraries. While at work she gets an email from a patron that wants a library card. Even though they are suppo
Christi Snow
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
I've loved this series so much, but I'm pretty positive this has been my favorite book of the bunch. And now I'm sitting here wondering how much I can explain that love without giving away spoilers, because I think that description is perfect. It gives you just enough so that you can read along in the dark with the characters...wondering EXACTLY how Miles got to this place.

Because Miles is a recluse...he doesn't leave his house. He doesn't bathe. He doesn't shave. From what the reader
Pgchuis
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

... although when I requested it, I was confusing this series with a different one about librarians by Sarah Title. Anyway, in this novel, Mary is a vaguely dissatisfied librarian in a small town in Maryland, who receives an email from Miles requesting a membership so that he can access ebooks online. Miles is, for undeclared reasons, unwilling to come to the library to show his ID, and Mary bends the rules for him. Soon (in a mann
Leah
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I loved this latest book by Olivia Dade. Ms. Dade has the remarkable ability to make her characters so compelling. I literally could not put this book down until I reached the last page. I had to know what would happen.
Mary Higgs is a librarian in Nice County. She moved back to her hometown after going to college in LA and then living there for a few years. She loves her hometown and her job. Her favorite part is helping the patrons which is why when she gets an email about a library card from a
Christine
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Two lonely people hiding behind their self imposed insecurities and worries somehow find each other in Nice County library. Lots of small town realism and real life dating quirks, like Eugene the overbearing pizzas delivery guy and Mary's secret preference for Miles' post binge pizza baby belly.

Lovely that Mary and Miles found each other but also that each had to find his or her way to overcoming his or her fears in order to really love each other. I just wished the ending wasn't so quick or abr
Synergy_Quest
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I so enjoyed this latest offering from Olivia Dade! Mary is everything a good girl should be and Connor is everything any girl could ever ask for, especially once Mary helps him overcome his demons. In each other they find love, friendship and the courage to face every fear. That’s my kind of HEA!

A couple of the previous books in this series were a bit underwhelming, but this offering shows Ms. Dade regaining her stride.

I received an ARC of this book, via Net Galley, in exchange for a fair and h
Livia
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance fans
Recommended to Livia by: Olivia Dade
Writing style: Dual POVs

Cover design: It’s really cute!

I’ve skipped around in this series, and I think this one is my favorite one yet. These two had a unique start to their relationship and interesting challenges to their romance moving forward. But move forward they did. I had a big smile on my face when I reached the end of their journey. I look forward to an update on them as I read the rest of this series.
Kim Vanravenswaay
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mary is such a sweet person with a helpful heart. Her willingness to help people is what leads to her getting to know Miles. But then it is also Miles need of solidarity that finally leads him to get over his pity party to finally meet Mary. Have hour tissues handy. This book made me cry several times.
Betsy
Ugh-- Mary Sue heroine, could not deal. I was bummed too because I liked that the hero was disabled and had a difficult backstory. There was absolutely nothing interesting about the heroine-- all her dialogue was wooden. Could not get through this.
4 Stars

This was such a sweet story! I loved the way that Miles and Mary became friends before falling in love. They both had issues to overcome and it was admirable to watch them do so. I did think the ending was too rushed.
Frida
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-kindle, read-2019
The author does so much right with this series - the relationships feel very realistic and the characters are three-dimensional and interesting, but this was not catchy and I think the quirkiness of the small town setting might be a bit too much for me here so 2.5 stars.
Jane Wheeler
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book took a little bit to warm up, but once it did it was just so adorable. Miles is so heartrendingly normal and yet vulnerable at the same time; you can really feel his struggle to figure out the "now what?" questions that life has thrown at him. And you can see why he would have been such an appealing star - while remaining the same kind of warm, curious guy he always was, and always would be.

The sex, when it got to that point, is realistically nervous yet hot at the same time. I loved
Eleanore June
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I don't want to say much because the reveal was so well done. I went in not knowing much about the story aside from it having a wounded hero and an interracial couple. Two things I was very interested in reading.

Both Mary and Miles were likeable. Miles in particular was pretty dreamy -- at all stages.

It was a sweet story with likeable characters; a read that made me smile from start to finish.

Solid 4 stars!
Thea
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: story, read-in-2017
Actual rating a 3.5. I've enjoyed this series on the whole. My favorite was definitely Driven to Distraction, the fifth installment. As a librarian, it's incredibly refreshing to read books about librarians that are clearly written by someone who knows what librarians actually do (hint: it's not reading books all day, every day).

I read this book in the course of about a day, and it was a fun read. I thought Miles and Mary had good chemistry, and I liked that the conflicts of the novel were reali
Book Gannet
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have a lot of love for this series about librarians finding love in some pretty unexpected ways. Each has been so very different with characters tackling a variety of issues and situations, with plenty of humour, heat and smut, and I’m sad that this is the last one. Having said that, quiet Mary more than delivers in her own tale of tackling loss, self-esteem issues and fledgling confidence, with plenty of appearances from the other librarians to keep the smutty humour high.

I really liked Mary.
Anna Marie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love librarians. And I have a thing for tortured/injured heroes. But this one just didn't do it for me.

The problem was an over-saturation of issues. Every good book needs a conflict to resolve, and I get that. But this book had SOOOOO many conflicts, it lost me to unhappiness in the mess of it all. If the authoress had wanted the conflict to be overcoming an injury, opening up to love, and/or healing, that would've been fine. If she'd wanted it to be interracial relationships, that would've be
Mary Dean
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is about devoted librarian Mary Higgins and the library patron Mile O'Connor who start a friendship via email when he emails the library with questions. Soon it buds into something more. But they both have issues to deal with. Like why Miles doesn't like to be in public. And can Mary get over who Miles was before he came to her town? I just loved this book. I can't give away any details because I don't want to rob anyone of this story. The writer keeps you interested and when you thin ...more
Nicole Smith
3.5 Stars
This was an enjoyable read. I really liked Mary. She's relatable because the things she has to work through most women including myself struggle with themselves. I will say her choices in movies is way different then mine, but one of my favorite parts in this book is when Miles and her stay in and watch a movie. I liked both Miles and Mary together because they give each other the strength to to be the people they are meant to be. Miles' life is forever changed because of one event, but
Holley
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a new author to me and I really loved the book. The author's sense of humor worked for me.
The main characters were atypical. Both hero and heroine had issues that they worked through. The plot was more about them falling in love and the development of the relationship and the issues were secondary. I also liked the side characters and their relationships (obviously they were the characters from previous books in the series that I will now have to read). Oh and the Minnies mini-golf ma
Jenn Cunha
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

That was really sweet. I wasn't sure at first - especially without knowing what Miles' issue was - but he and Mary changed my mind. I loved that his issue wasn't even an issue for Mary - she fell in love with his heart through email long before she saw him face-to-face.

These Lovestruck Librarians are really something. They're such full characters that you can't help but root for them. You hurt when they hurt and you cheer when they get their H
Bella
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hidden harts was good interesting read. It was so different from the previous books because this one was not so funny and witty. And I really missed that the story has more serious plot and more serious characters. Both Miles and Mary are great developed and they are both interesting and both are in place of finding themselves. Interesting read about finding yourself again and having the right person by your side that support you.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for Netgelly
Quinn's Book Nook
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance
I liked this so much!! Really. It was fantastic. Better than I thought. Both Miles and Mary were fantastic, and I loved seeing them both deal with their own issues. Loved their initial emails, and even loved the big gesture at the end (not normally my kind of thing). The supporting cast was fantastic (seriously, Angie and Sarah cracked me up so much) and I can't wait to read more from this series.

• Harbor (Beards & Bondage, #3)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Playing House (Uptown, #1)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Someone : A Novella
  • His Bride for the Taking
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers #1)
  • Jackson's Love (Lake Hope #3)
  • Waiting on the One (Player Loves Curves, #3)
  • Conventionally Yours (True Colors, #1)
  • Easton (Ryan Brothers Renovations Book 2)
  • Flint (Ryan Brothers Renovations Book 3)
  • Tanner (Stryker County PD Book 5)
  • Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol, #1)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
While I was growing up, my mother kept a stack of books hidden in her closet. She told me I couldn't read them. So, naturally, whenever she left me alone for any length of time, I took them out and flipped through them. Those books raised quite a few questions in my prepubescent brain. Namely: 1) Why were there so many pirates? 2) Where did all the throbbing come from? 3) What was a "manhood"? 4) ...more

Lovestruck Librarians (6 books)
  • Broken Resolutions (Lovestruck Librarians, #1)
  • My Reckless Valentine (Lovestruck Librarians, #2)
  • Mayday (Lovestruck Librarians, #3)
  • Ready to Fall (Lovestruck Librarians, #4)
  • Driven to Distraction (Lovestruck Librarians, #5)