Start by marking “Thirty Days In Quito: Two Gringos and a Three-Legged Cat Move to Ecuador” as Want to Read:
Thirty Days In Quito: Two Gringos and a Three-Legged Cat Move to Ecuador

Thirty Days In Quito: Two Gringos and a Three-Legged Cat Move to Ecuador

Ever wonder what it would be like to pick up one day and move abroad?

In the summer of 2013, Kris Loomis and her husband sold all their worldly possessions and, along with their three-legged cat, Triplet, did just that. They left their comfy life behind and moved to Ecuador!

Follow along as they battle ‘mañana’ time, stinky buses, and the dreaded ‘Frankenstein’ shower. Wil
Published March 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Thirty Days In Quito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirty Days In Quito

Carol
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Since I’m traveling to Ecuador next month, I decided to read this book to pick up some pointers on sites and culture. It did, indeed, provide some interesting information on the city and places to see. I also learned many things about money, riding buses, and interacting with the locals. Being a cat owner, I also enjoyed the stories about Triplett, the cat that traveled with the author from South Carolina.
Katrina
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A perfect quick read after spending a day in Quito!
John Holst
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun book for the traveler! Great cultural and social insights for those traveling to Ecuador.
Kathryn A. Forsyth
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved her descriptions of life in Quito! If you need some light reading that will make you laugh, this is a good choice.
Tom Palker
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read before we head to Quito.

Gives a good flavor of the experience of moving to Quito. I liked the characters and little adventures. Thank you.
Jarrod Cline
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this travelogue of moving to a new country to be very entertaining. The author, her husband and their cat arrive in their one bedroom, fully furnished (except, not really) apartment and set out to explore the town of Quito via bus.

Anyone who has spent quality time in a 'basics only' country can relate to their adventures. The help of friendly locals can go a long way, and the people of Quito come across as kind and generous. I also learned a few things about their history and customs tha
Tess Wheeler
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely, funny book. I didn't know anything about Quito or Ecuador before, but now I almost feel I have been there myself! K. Kris Loomis has produced an easy to read, humorous travelogue/memoir. She shares countless memorable anecdotes with her readers, from her struggles with showers and her adventures on public transport, to her encounters with various Noras and the wonderful Maria. As well as being a warm and engaging read, it is also a fascinating look at another culture and a cou ...more
Carole Mckee
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Thoroughly Enjoyed This

I'm kick g in Montanita, Ecuador and when I saw this title, I just had to purchase it. It was fun comparing the author's experiences to mine. Some I could relate to and others not so much. I was a little envious that she and her husband d met such nice, helpful people, as I have not been so lucky. I enjoyed reading about their experiences. It was a lot of fun. Great story.
Carrie Ridgeway
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute book about a couple who "retire" to Ecuador with their cat. It was interesting to read about the people, geography and conditions of living in Ecuador. I don't think I would enjoy living there.

Kimberly Lynne
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A heartfelt, first person play-by-play of expat re-orientation. Recommend for anyone considering an extended stay abroad, or those interested in SA cultures & customs.
Marty
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book with cultural interest and humor as an American expat couple (and their three-legged cat) adapt to living in Quito, Ecuador.
wolfgang bohringer
Jerry
Dec 14, 2017
Kate Johnston
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Thirty Days in Quito, by Kris Loomis, is a breezy, easy-to-read, lighthearted, journal-style memoir of a couple and their cat moving from the US to Ecuador.

I had fun discovering Quito with Kris and comparing and contrasting lifestyle differences between South America and the United States. This is a great read if you are considering a move to a completely different land, or even if you're planning a lengthy visit somewhere new and different. I think you could take Kris's lessons and advice and w
Toni
May 20, 2018
Camilla E Johnston
Jan 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
K. Kris Loomis is an eclectic author who writes both fiction and nonfiction books. She is the author of the novel, The Sinking of Bethany Ann Crane, as well as the short story collection, The Monster in the Closet and Other Stories. Kris has also written several books about yoga and meditation and a humorous travelogue about the time she, her husband and their handicapped cat moved to South Americ ...more