Start by marking “Charmed By Charlie” as Want to Read:
Charmed By Charlie

Charmed By Charlie

Everybody loves marketing whiz Charlie Solanger—except the woman he really wants.

Creative genius Charlie Solanger has it all: good looks, money, intelligence, charm. And when he swoops in to save Reynolds Paint Company with a brilliant marketing campaign, he has all the ladies in the office vying for his attention. Everyone except math whiz Valerie Wilson.

Val’s not happy C
Published April 18th 2017 by Boroughs Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Charmed By Charlie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmed By Charlie

Start your review of Charmed By Charlie
Dianne
Take one hot mess of a woman, add “that” guy, the one women should steer away from because he is just too perfect and sit back for reading entertainment, mixed signals and the ever popular tug of war of the heart. Strap in tight, we will be entering the mind and heart of Valerie Wilson, numbers woman, and the train will not stop until that very last page…

He was oozing charm, intelligence and that face and body weren’t too bad, either, but there was no way that Valerie was going to drool over Cha
Minx
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Office meets Sixteen Candles! Charmed by Charlie is a sweet romantic comedy that is entertaining and heart-warming. From the start, you can’t help but be charmed by Charlie’s character. He is the total package but he also actually seems to care about what happens at the Reynolds Paint Company, the place where Val works. Val is not so thrilled about Charlie’s presence at the company though because he represents everything she wants to forget. She has her “safe and reliable” almost fiancé and ...more
Sheri
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really fun, fast-paced read. Charlie truly is charming, and Val is doing her best to cope--with Charlie (who's not only gorgeous and nice, but mega-rich) pursuing her, with her fiance, who should be perfect for her but isn't, and with her job, where someone is sabotaging her company and she's being passed over for the job she deserves. A great story with a lot happening, it kept me guessing and enjoying the read from page one to the finish. ...more
Rebecca
ARC generously provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
3.5 charming stars

What a charming read this was!

Charmed By Charlie is an easy, quick, and fun read.

Val is working in marketing/production and loves her job. She is in a committed, safe relationship, with a guy who has no possibility of ever breaking her heart. Because he is not charming, he is not charismatic, he is not the super hot playboy type. In fact, he is the exact opposite and she is perfectly o.k. with that. Why? B
Jena Henry
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I hated men like the one in front of me, didn’t I?"

Valerie “Val” Wilson is a math whiz. Val is the main character in this witty and fast-paced romantic comedy. She is quirky, yet honest and dependable. She is always on a diet. Val loves her job at a large company in Cleveland, Reynolds Paint Company. She trades quips with her alter ego and relies on her “spider senses”.

She can count on numbers and complex financial reports, but can she count on men? As the book starts, Val has rebounded from a
Rita Dowd
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reading copy of this book and I am providing my honest review. Charmed by Charlie is a fast paced story of corporate intrigue, family (business) values, and lost and unrequited love. The reader follows Valerie Wilson as she pursues a successful career at Reynolds Paint Co. while involved in a happy, if predictable, love match. Both of her pursuits are upended by smooth talking, handsome and, by all accounts, talented marketer Charlie Solanger. They are paired together as t ...more
Epiphany
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amanda-uhl
This is the first book I have read by Amanda Uhl and I am sure it won't be the last. Now the first couple of chapters were slow on the uptake for me. Somewhere around the end of chapter three it finally hooked me and then I could not put my kindle down. The characters are complex and some of them are very relatable. Val (Valerie) and Charlie are the perfect main characters for this book. There were a few characters I just wanted to reach inside my kindle and slap them, and then there were a coup ...more
Connetta Shringarpurey
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS STORY!!! From the first chapters I found myself really attached to these characters. I found myself laughing out loud at points as the romance bloomed between the main characters and the sometime awkward interchanges that ensued. At the same time I was engrossed in the mystery and empathized with the main character being caught in the middle of a workplace drama. I found the characters to be real and easily identified with them. I literally could not put it down staying up all night ...more
Alexandra Wright
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was privileged to receive an advanced copy of this book from the author – and I’m pleased I did! :) ‘Charming’ and romantic, Amanda Uhl’s Charmed by Charlie is an engaging and entertaining read. I enjoyed the push and pull and the dynamics / tension between Charlie (who is, well… charming!) and our heroine Val. Swoon worthy from the get go and with a satisfying conclusion, fans of light-hearted rom coms won't be disappointed! ...more
Banal Girl
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Amanda Uhl contact me and I was pretty curious about Charmed by Charlie so I had to accept!
So here we go!!!

Charmed by Charlie is about one hard working women (Valerie) that loves her job and her boyfriend. Val is forced to work with Charlie, a creative genius, good looking, intelligent and charming men to save the company that she works for. But how can she resists this flirting and charming guy? The more she challenges him, the more interested—and interesting—he becomes.
What Val doesn't know i
Wit & Wonder Books
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

Charmed by Charlie by Amanda Uhl is full of humorous banter with a dash of office gossip and huge misunderstandings giving you a sweet, fast-paced Rom-Com!

Valerie “Val” Wilson is dead set on receiving her hard earned promotion at Reynolds Paint Company, however, little does she know fate has a different course. When she learns that Charlie Solanger, new guy, gets her promotion she is livid. Seems like she’s the only one who isn’
Nicole Laverdure
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Reviewed for Books & Benches

Charming love story! 4.5 stars

CHARMED BY CHARLIE by Amanda Uhl is well written, and her words seemed to flow on the pages. A real page turner! This is the second time that I read a story by this author, and I liked the first one, a paranormal, but much preferred this one! I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised because CHARMED BY CHARLIE is so sweet and fun to read. It's fast paced and romantic with a dash of humor. A bit predictable, but still a delight to read.

CHA
Jon McKenzie
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Amanda has gotten me to read a genre I don't normally find interesting and once again I wasn't disappointed because of the strong character development. As others have said, the character development is excellent and anybody who has ever loved or been in a work environment should be able to relate to most, if not all of them in some way.

Strong character development does have a trade off, and as another reviewer noted that means that the first few chapters take some time to establish
Stacy
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charmed by Charlie is an easy and fun read. The story has wit, suspense, and romance, of course! In the first few chapters, the characters are well developed to provide a solid foundation for the amazing roller coaster that follows! Best of all, you don't have to work in an office or a pain company to relate to the characters and their story. Charlie is really the total package and truly does seem to care about what happens to Reynolds Paint Company. While, Val sees what we see in Charlie, she s ...more
Gloria
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and engaging Charmed by Charlie draws you into the life of Val, who just doesn't know who she can believe. Still hurting from the betrayal by her former fiancée she is slow to trust and who can blame her? Every woman is gushing over Charlie, every woman that is except Val. She thinks he is too charming. What is his secret? Light romance and workplace drama combine for a great read! I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
Claire Marti
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Uhl has a fresh, contemporary voice and her writing flows really well. I enjoyed Val's story and the quick pace, the hints of intrigue as well as the hero Charlie. He sounded hot, hot, hot! I had a tough time with a few of the secondary characters, particularly George. I was yelling at Val to just get away from him already, he's a dud and you've got hot, hot, hot Charlie! A sign of a great story: reader reaction. I'm looking forward to reading all of Amanda Uhl's books. ...more
Twoyakkieduck
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was such an easy read for me. So many familiar places in Cleveland that I know. The characters were so real and authentic. Once I picked it up I could not put it down. Charmed by Charlie is filled with many different elements of romance, suspense and intrigue! A very feel good book--defiantly a five star rating!!!!!!!!!
Darlene Hritz
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charmed By Charlie was a great read! The characters were interesting and the challenge to solve the company problem added a twist to the story line. Simply charming!
Irma A
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I didn't have to get up early the next morning, I would have stayed up all night reading Charmed by Charlie. What fun! Val is smart, competent, a professional valued by her employer. She's a woman comfortable with numbers but appealingly vulnerable when it comes to romance. Still hurting from a past relationship - one that threatens future relationships - she's not about to trust or even allow herself to be attracted to the charismatic Charlie, but heart and head are in conflict and the pendu ...more
Helena Mendes
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Charlie and Valerie's story it is very romantic, with lots of intriguing moments filled with office drama and malice. The storyline is very interesting and really catches our attention, this was the first book I read from this author and she definitely caught my attention for her work. I will be checking out her other books.
Vanda O'Neill
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
G Franks
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book drew me in from the start and kept my attention throughout. Charlie and Val are complex, enjoyable characters with just the right amount of flaws to make them believable. The small mysteries through the book provide opportunities for plot twists that made the time go by quickly. I didn’t want this book to end.
Antonella - Happy Girl
This book charmed me, too!
I loved the love story of Val and Charlie and Bernie ad George!
A lot of emotions, some intrigue and a HEA!
The main characters are real, and this was a great love story without heavy sex scenes! I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
Sheila Fiske
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was an enjoyable read, that I wanted to not put down. Val, who is smart, and a hard worker, is innocent and sweet. Charlie, a handsome millionaire, used to getting what he wants. I hope to read more from Amanda Uhl.
Linda Kidd
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s been a few months since I read a book start to finish in one session. This was a “feel good” book that I thoroughly enjoyed. A happy page-turner!

I received a review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Kimberly
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good sweet romantic comedy read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable and relaxing romance read. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Robin Perrtree
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, light romance, plenty of twists and turns! The romantic plot may have been a bit predictable, but the rest of the book was more of a surprise. There was a good cast of likable characters, even when they were not right for each other. Although there were times when Val clearly was getting manipulated by others It was hard to know who to trust along the way! I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Elvira
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a worthwhile book toted the storyline is interesting and well written. The characters are engaging and well developed with plenty of chemistry throughout the pages.

I received a copy and am leaving my voluntary and honest review.
Jane Wheeler
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was not, in fact, charmed. Absolutely nothing went on, and the rest of the book had a breathless pace that left no time to savor what little interaction there was.
Karen
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A really sweet quick read with lots and lots going on. Both Val and Charlie are well rounded and they're surrounded by great characters. A fun read. ...more

• Dragonfly Dance
  • Love Me Like a Love Song (The Storyhill Musicians Book 1)
  • The Drunken Promise
  • Bound to her Fake Fiancé Boss: A Fun Sexy Feel Good Billionaire Office Romance (Bound to the Brotherhood)
  • Hello, Summer
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • The Beast and The Secretary (Enchanting Office World Book 2)
  • A Soldier for Suzie (Love will OUT, #3)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • A Protector For Phoebe (Love will OUT, #2)
  • The Estate (Kings of Capital, #1)
  • A Hero for Hailey (Love will OUT, #1)
  • The Darwin Affair
  • The Marriage Game
  • Six (A Demon Hunter Romance)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Destination Wedding