Start by marking “Harper's Place” as Want to Read:
Harper's Place

Harper's Place

Harper Grey is fed up with over-bearing men.

Her father wants to sell the family hamburger joint to her brother because a woman could never make it successful.

Harper knows she has the same flair for business as her mother, and sexy Navy SEAL Patrick O’Brien dares her to prove it to the world.

When duty calls and Patrick must leave her side, will Harper be strong enough to ma
ebook
Published March 27th 2017 by Roane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Harper's Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harper's Place

London Saint James
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Fantastic read!
Sharon Hughson
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This sweet romance is a perfect read for your lunch hour (if you're a fast reader like I am). I give it 4.1 out of five stars.
My biggest issues with the story (and some of these are byproducts of the short word count required for a novella):
1. I didn't really understand Harper's dad's and brother's objections. That needed to be fleshed out more for me to believe it.
2. The romance went too quickly from "let's date" to "in bed together" (which isn't described since this is sweet, but it happens).
India Caedmon
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*FTC Disclaimer: I received a copy of Harper's Place from Roane Publishing in exchange for an honest review. I have in no way been influenced by the author and/or publisher's generosity. You can't fake these stars, baby!

Review originally posted at: NDP Book Review

Review:

Family feuds. Friends becoming lovers. Sheryl Winters ain't holdin' back on this one! She sheathes these pages with endearing, sweet romance.

Oh, you wish to be tossed into the romantic abyss? Your wish is my command! Let's begin.
Melissa
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for stories where the protagonist follows their dream even when it seems unlikely they'll succeed. Throw in a sexy SEAL? YES. I'm in.

The romance between Harper and Patrick was adorable. I would've loved if the story was a little longer so we could experience more as their relationship grew stronger, but I recognize that this is a novella and I think the author showed a nice progression while still keeping the story on the shorter side.

I loved the representation of st
Wendy Bianco
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love a sweet romance. This one is everything I like and then some. Harper Gray has to deal with the unsupportive men in her family while trying to keep the family business afloat. When Patrick O'Brien comes back to town, he encourages her to follow her dream to take over Just Burgers.
I really liked how the author showed the different dynamics within Harper's family and how the relationship between Harper and Patrick developed and wasn't forced. I would love to see more of Harper and Patrick.
Nicole
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is a sweet romantic tale that left me feeling good. Suitable for every taste in romantic fiction. Harper's strength and courage shine through and the support she receives from the man of her dreams makes all the difference. My only regret is I wished for more!
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
The story is promising! They are both good for one another however I want more of their story. Especially, once they are a couple. The story is short and because of the length, a lot is left out.

FULL REVIEW: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Jill
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute story! Harper has big dreams for her father's burger joint but he's signing it over to her jerk of a brother. However, an old friend named Patrick tells her she needs to fight for her dreams.
This is her journey of following her dreams with a bit of romance thrown in. I don't want to write more and spoil anything but it's a cute, quick read. Some things may seem impossible but a solution is always there. It may not be what you always envisioned but there is a solution.
Looking forwar
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
**I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book**

I wasn't sure how receptive I would be towards this book. But I must admit I'm happy I gave it a shot!
Harper's place is a sweet, clean romance about Harper and Patrick.
With it being a short novella of course there were parts that I missed because I guess word count didn't allow for it. I just really wish the author would've given us a bit more as to why Harper's father and brother treated her the way they did. They seemed to be the k
Deanne Taylor
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

You can't go wrong with a woman who knows what she wants and works hard for it. Throw in a Navy Seal, rotten inconsiderate family and a dream and you get a very good story. I wanted to smack Harper's brother. The dad was not quite as bad, just set in his ways. All in all, a very good, quick read. Would definitely read more from this author.

Monica
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-just-no
Had a lot of potential and its an enjoyable short story but I did have a few issues. Its hard to believe the romance between Patrick and Harper. We dont know their past. Needed to be fleshed out more. I think they went to school together but thats all we know. I mean he obviously liked her and she liked him but with no real interaction which made it so hard for me to believe. He was in the Navy most of the time. It was definitely rushed. I liked the banter between them but I just really think we ...more
Amanda Showalter
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Harper is between a rock and a hard place. Torn between keeping her family burger place and running it on her own and selling it because her father thinks she cant do it and would rather her brother ran it. Until she gets an unexpected confidence booster, old friend Patrick who tells her to take them all on and beat them and prove she can do it. Harper and Patrick embark on a romance with him being fully behind her, until he goes back overseas for a few months leaving her alone to finish what sh ...more
Barbara Gartman
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short read that you'll want to be longer by the time you've finished. I was so engrossed that I couldn't put it down. All Harper needs is a little nudge from the right person, Patrick, to show everyone just how sucessfully she can run her family's buisness. I love Harper's will and detemination to prove to the men in her life/family that she is more capable than they give her credit for. There wasn't any part of this story that I didn't love. I only wish that there was more. I certainl ...more
Carey Decevito
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet epicurean romance. Harper dreams of taking over the family business but it seems as though the men in her life are dead set against it. Coming from a strong line of women, and with the encouragement of a good man at her back, she discovers that dreams really do come true. Short and sweet, this story was cute and filled with everyday drama and hope. Lovely read and I would definitely read more from Ms. Winters.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Shelves: 2017, romance
I really enjoyed this book. The story quickly grabbed my attention and kept me glued to the pages. The story is fast paced and great when you want something quick to read. I look forward to reading more from this author.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
It wasn't a bad story. I didn't really see it as a romance but more of a strong woman trying to pave her own way.
I enjoy Harper and liked her journey as she struggled through all the obstacles in her way to become the person she wanted to be.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Amy
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Harper's wanting to take over the family business. But, her father and brother aren't going to let that happen. Does she have what it takes to make her dreams come true? Patrick shows back up in town and he and Harper decided they wanted to be together. Really fantastic story of a really strong, motivated, and loving woman! Will definitely read more from this author!
Amy Miller
Sherry
Linda Szymoniak
Chandra Fry
Jun 26, 2017
I’ve never set out to be an author. Only a story teller. Some days I succeed better than others.