Start by marking “Cleaved” as Want to Read:
Cleaved

Cleaved

(Grafton County #2)

Author Sage Quintano writes about crime. Her husband Niko investigates it. Together they make an unstoppable team. But no one counted on a twisted serial killer, who stalks their sleepy community, uproots their happy home, and splits the threads that bonds their family unit.

Darkness swallows the Quintanos whole—ensnared by a ruthless killer out for blood. Why he focused on
ebook
Published May 3rd 2017 by Tirgearr Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cleaved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cleaved

Olga Miret
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Police-procedural with touches of domestic noir and many stories to keep the intrigue going. I’m writing this review as part of Rosie’s Book Review Team and I was provided with a copy of the book that I freely chose to review.
I have just finished reading Sue Coletta’s Marred and I wanted to see what happened next. Reading the two books back-to-back allowed me to think a bit more about the genre, the characters and the style.
Here we have again the married couple of Niko Quintano, now sheriff in A
Sherry Fundin
I just finished MARRED and it blew me away, so there was no way I was going to wait to read CLEAVED. I have to have more!

I love anything to do with water, and when I saw the Marine Patrol and Fish & Game would be involved, I became even more excited. I know what water can do to a dead body and I’m looking forward to finding out who put it there.

Sue starts her books out with a bang and I am gasping for breath right along with Sage. Then, Sue takes it to an even darker place and I excited to s
Boundless Book Reviews
Sage lived through a nightmare when her sister was abducted, and later died, by a crazed serial killer. Now her husband Niko is on the hunt once again for a new killer in their small town. When their son is abducted, Sage places herself in danger to save her family. Full of twists and turns, this book is a great mystery.

This book was a great continuation of Sage and Niko. This book was action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat. The situation with baby Noah grabbed me and kept me in its gr
Ripley
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Cleaved and I was not disappointed. Sue has continued her amazing ability to pump out another great story. A definite thriller that keeps you reading and doesn't let you put it down. The emotional rollercoaster that the storyline and characters but you through is truly delightful. I do look forward to the sequel and I'm am anticipating her sequel to Wings of Mayhem also. Keep doing what you're doing, Sue, its magnificent.
Sheila Good
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Description: A sequel to Marred. Cleaved starts out with a bang!

Sage is a crime writer married to Sheriff Niko Quintana who soon discovers the sleepy little town they moved to after Sage lost her twin sister to a killer, isn’t sleepy at all.
Instead, he finds himself knee-deep in snow surrounded by a serial killer’s victims impaled to trees by deer antlers; others sealed in steel oil drums – all with their left hand cut off and the King of Hearts attached to each.
As Niko’s focus stay with the i
Louise Holmburg
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great series! It is definitely a page turner... I cannot wait for book 4...
Joe Broadmeadow
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The title alone is the stuff of nightmares. Cleaved by Sue Coletta is the latest from the writing magic of this author.
Her characters, storyline, and imagination all meld into the perfect blend of suspense, tension, action, and emotion. Her prose sings more than tells the story. The words are crafted and woven into both subtle and shocking passages.
The intricacies of the plot will keep you guessing, and catching your breath, with each twist and turn. While the nature of the story contains some
Pat
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oh dear, here I am again, the lone voice of dissent. This story could have been so much better but I found it really flat. I felt that the author kept throwing in gruesome details and abductions in an effort to raise the level of tension but it didn't work for me. I couldn't relate to the characters or their fear. In fact my favorite characters were the dogs, Colt and Ruger.

Often when I read a suspenseful book I need to take a little break to 'calm down' before I can keep going. With this book,
Royboy Bradley
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! ok i was given this book to read so i can leave a review and i,m not a review person but here goes ! Sage is a lead detective on what looks like a serial killer is running all over this small town stuffing women in oil barrels imagine that!!! Sage not only has to deal with that but a daughter that feels displaced because mommy has to solve crime (very bad crime ) a former husband that wants to take her daughter and a well an almost boyfriend that feels neglected now back to the serial ...more
C.S. Boyack
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MARRED was a fabulous book, and somehow, CLEAVED surpassed it. The book bounces between character point of view in a perfect way to tell this story. Niko and Sage are working on their problems, but they're also taking some things for granted. This leads to situations they could have avoided had they only trusted each other. This seems so realistic to me. Coletta ramps up the terror and puts the reader right in the middle of some terrible situations. Excited to see Frankie grow as a character and ...more
Mae Clair
A thriller, crime story, Cleaved is the latest release from Sue Coletta, an author who enjoys delving into the twisted world of serial killers. In this case, she has created a psychologically disturbed stalker who harbors a fondness for impaling his victims with deer antlers. As always, Coletta balances her fiction with detailed and believable forensics. She clearly spends time on research, and that investment pays off in the delivery of her scenes.

The path of the clues throughout is well develo
Emily Dickson
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great mystery!

Sage and Niko are great characters with good Interaction . Lots of action as they hunt a serial killer. The secondary characters are very likable and fit in perfectly. Along with Sages son Noah we also have her two fur babies which seemed to have their own personalities. The story kept you guessing til the end . This story grabs you from the first page and keeps your interest. Sue Coletta is definitely going on my tbr list.
Denise H
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sue Coletta has a mind for murder and mayhem and she does her research well in order to do her writing justice. Reading Marred, the first book in the Grafton County series, I thought was chilling enough but after reading Cleaved, book two, it surpassed the first by leaps and bounds.

After surviving a horrible attack in her home and the loss of her twin sister at the hands of a twisted serial killer in Marred, Sage Quintano and her husband, Niko, the sheriff of Grafton County, are doing their bes
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sage Quintano is a crime story author who is married to the local sheriff in a small rural town in New Hampshire. She has been through a few disasters but has survived. She may not always come out unscathed, but she sure comes out stronger each time. Her husband Niko Quintano will do anything to keep her and their family safe, but when he dismisses her gut feelings about the current murders in their little town he will regret it.

Niko's team at the sheriffs office are great officers even with tw
Paul Anderson
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cleaved: Grafton County Series, book 2 (Tingearr Publishing, May 2017)is Sue Coletta’s sequel to Marred, a book I loved. Coletta continues to develop as a crime writer and she now has three novels and numerous short stories in print.
I’m happy to see deputy Frankie Campanelli return in the sequel to Marred, along with deputies Ben and Bradley. There’s plenty of Frankie’s snarky dialog to ease the tension when everything’s going to hell in a hand-basket. Also present are Nico and Sage’s pups, Col
Angie
Aug 21, 2018
Jo Greco
Jan 04, 2019
Cynthia
Jul 31, 2017
Carol
Terrorizing, horrifying, intimating read!!! This
story is bone chilling producing goose bumps
and taking away your breath!!!
An emotional psychological thriller filled with
action, suspense, mystery and horror. A story
that is hard to forget.
Sheriff Niko Quintano is confronted with not
one but several horrifying crimes. Women with
their left hands cut off, impaled to trees with
deer antlers, women encased in steel oil drums
without their left hands, a King of Heart playing
Mar 29, 2017
Randy Brown
Feb 26, 2019
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Grafton County series re-introduces you to best-selling author Sage Quintano, her husband Niko, Grafton County Sheriff, and to their son Noah.

With Cleaved, Sue Coletta has created another extraordinary and fast-paced thriller about a woman who once again is confronted with a serial killer - also in her own home. What do the cards and the 'Mommy' messages mean?! The story comprises a variety of interesting characters with sufficient depth and cleverly elaborated and fast-p
Staci Troilo
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeps You Guessing… and Keeps You up at Night

CLEAVED, Sue Coletta’s sequel to MARRED, is somehow even better than the first installment. We get deeper into the heads and hearts of the characters while trying to make sense of all the clues.

It’s refreshing to see a couple portrayed so realistically. Sage and Niko are happily married, but the marriage isn’t new. Sure, the love is there. But they’re at the taking-for-granted stage, and that carelessness is one of the primary reasons the murderer is
Jan 19, 2019
Melanie
Mar 19, 2018
Jan
May 12, 2017
Sue Coletta is a proud member of Mystery Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, International Thriller Writers, and the Kill Zone, an award-winning writing blog where she posts every other Monday. Sue's a bestselling, award-winning, multi-published crime writer in numerous anthologies and her forensics articles have appeared in InSinC Quarterly. She's also the communications manager for the Serial ...more

Grafton County (2 books)