Start by marking “Shush I'm Reading” as Want to Read:
Shush I'm Reading

Shush I'm Reading

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Dealing with a neurotic, overbearing mother, an uninvited cat and staring at double D's all day, it's no wonder 24-year-old Billie Angel finds herself lost in a fantasy world more often than not.

Kindle Edition, 1, 325 pages
Published September 20th 2017 by DAK (first published May 18th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Shush I'm Reading, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shush I'm Reading

Coco.V
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
đź’ťFREE on Amazon today (6/8/2018)!đź’ť

Blurb:

With her not so smart phone glued firmly to her hip, Billie’s life revolves around her reading apps. Chided for having her face stuck in her screen for more hours than she cares to count, Billie soon discovers that not all fantasies are in her head.

Enamored by the
Brandy Roberts
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Shush I'm reading it drew me to the point were I didn't put my kindle down till the very end . It was like a story within itself and I found it very unique with characters that have hilarious quirks while being lovable . Billie and Hunter are great together with chemistry that can't be denied but they fall for one another at a really busy time in their lives and yet can't keep away for long , with the way they keep bumping into each other had me dying . Billie is very relatable ...more
Nese
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very quirky and unique book.
A few times l thought that l had lost the plot ,
the lines between fact and fiction get well and truly blurred.

The whole premise of this book is Billie's love of reading,
her desire to escape reality , and lose herself in a good story.
" When l'm reading l want to be consumed by the story as l devour it "

Billie is a sweetheart, she is a loner , hard working and loving,
towards her mother and book friends.
She is very quirky , her inner monologues hilarious.
She h
booklover
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC RECEIVED FOR HONEST REVIEW**
This is very different than the authors previous books. It's got comedy, drama, angst and so much more. I love how we got a story in a story with this. How we read about Annabell & Josh through Billie, but at the same time we see how Billie's life starts to change when after a few disastrous yet funny, meetings, her love life starts to pick up.
What I really enjoyed about this was how the author flipped from one set of characters (Annabell & Josh) to th
Peggy
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
an unusual story that was fun, funny, dramatic and very entertaining. I loved Billie. Her life, her job, her Mom and her very active fantasy life. I was definitely rooting for her. Kept my attention throughout. Very well done.
Lady Living  In Bookland
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meet Angel...a 24 year old kindle-holic. My kind of girl!

Excerpt:
I spend all my spare time with my nose stuck in a book. This is what I need. This is where I belong. This is where I want to stay, surrounded by magic for the rest of my life.

Amen to that sister! Seeking solace in her fictional world, to escape the torment her life has become since losing one parent to a car crash and the other to alcohol. Her books are her sanity. Not to mention Dick Fiddle (yes I officially cracked up at that n
Cynthia
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was very easy for me to relate to Billie we are both loners, we are hard working but love our down time where we get lost in a story taken to another place and time. It’s a cute and fun read that moves at a nice pace. It is a little confusing at times with a fine line between reality and fiction. The author pulls you in with drama, humor. It is a fun read that made me laugh and at times one heck of a roller- coaster ride. There were times I thought what just happened, the line is so fine at t ...more
Patricia
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quirky story where real life and fantasy are entwined . Meet Billie a young woman working at a magazine . She is a big bookworm and reads when every she can and escapes into book all the time . Enter Hunter the man she works for who she almost ran over one night. With her mother going crazy she looses herself more and more into books . As her relationship with Hunter mirrors the characters in the book . Will she get her life figured out with the man of her dreams or will she let it al ...more
Kirsty Turner
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

For me, this book contained 2 different stories which is a very unique way of writing. We had Annabelle and Josh’s story who were the main characters in Billie’s novel and then we had Billie and Hunter’s story which was what I was reading. I rather enjoyed learning about both sets of these characters and felt it was a real treat to read a book through a fictional character’s mind. I loved Billie and as a fellow bookworm I could completely relate
Monica
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The genre for this is fantasy and I was a wee bit disappointed that this wasnt the fantasy I thought. Ha. I thought more of a paranormal type of deal but this is more closely a contemporary fantasy between dreams and reality. Not what I thought. It was funny and very well written and after I got over it I enjoyed the book! Billie is a funny and sweet person. She LOVES to read and she lives for her books and everything else has taken a seat until now. She meets Hunter and boy what a trip she goes ...more
Tessa
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure what to expect from Shush, I’m Reading. This is my first book by Dawn A. Keane and I am pleased that I took a chance. The description grabbed my attention but the first few pages hooked me in. I related to the giddiness of the way we are introduced to Billie in the beginning but I laughed throughout the story. But I related and saw myself in a lot of this book. Oh yeah, and the sexiness between Hunter and Billie didn’t hurt at all. Be ready to lose yourself in this story within a s ...more
Lynne Garlick
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! I fell head first in to Billie's life and connected with her from the first page on so many levels. Billie's life isn't straightforward, personally and professionally and her escape is her love of books and her kindle.
You almost get a book within a book with this and the twists and turns had me wondering what was going to happen next. As a huge lover of books who loses herself in every book I read.......this was like a dream come true.....and I don't want to say an
Mindy Martinez Borda
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I feel different things after reading this story. As it happened with the author's previous works, I really like her writing style and her characters we're very appealing. But I couldn't stop thinking that somewhere along the way the story felt like two different books. I was really into the first half of the book where reality and dreams mix. however, then the book changes course again and the first half of the plot get lost in this new events described on the second half of the book.
It's safe
Cee Cee Houston
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny story with two plot lines running simultaneously. Billie and Hunter’s who were the main (real) characters Josh and Annabelle’s (fictional) that Billie was reading. Billie is a complete bookworm and buries herself in her kindle and lets life roll over her, until she meets Hunter and he drags her out into the real world. It’s so real at times it scares her especially when she finds out where Hunter’s true passion lies.
A funny, sexy story with a twist filled with suspense.
Sydney Hopke
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting read, very different then what I've read before. Billie is funny and I loved how I could relate to the book friends (can't we all in some way) and going to the signings. When she finds herself with the characters in the book she's reading things get very interesting! The story has a bunch of twists and I'm pleased that some of my guesses as to what would happen weren't correct, made it that much better! A good read for when you have time to curl up and just enjoy.
Tresa
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can honestly say I have never read a book quite like this one!! What a very interesting storyline!! I really sympathized with Billie with her life and all she does for her Mother, and I also love that she's a complete bookaholic and loved the smell of books. The book did get a bit wordy for me, but all in all a fun read.
Jill
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book. This is basically about Billie's love of reading and escaping in the world of books. Many of us can relate. She meets Hunter while reading one of these stories and things will get out of control. Her inner monologues are hilarious and it all wraps up nicely in the end. For a minute there I was worried but the author was just keeping the audience on their toes.
Samantha Reeves
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Billie is a lover of the written word and quite the character! I enjoyed her and Hunter's story. This was quite the first introduction to this extremely talented author. This book was packed full of a halirous yet, interesting plot and characters that pull all sorts of emotion out of you. Total A+ and hugely recommend read!! Im off to browse this author's other books now..
Christine Sobczak
This is a new to me author and I loved her story. I felt the beginning was a little slow but the book really picks up after that. Great romance and some mystery with a interesting twist. I will definitely be checking out other books by this author.
Staci
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original perspective on adventure steamy Romance.

Fun story filled with adventure and intrigue. Original plot twist that include the reader many dream could happen. Humorous despite many dangerous situations. Realistic and relatable to many of those living regular ordinary lives.
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
So incredibly unique! A book lovers dream!

*full review to come!
B.Craze
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful merry go round romance. Loved reading this book.Keeps you guessing till the end to see if Billie and Houston will work through their issues to be together. Love it!
Ashley Martinez
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unique and Fun

Unique and fun! It was definitely different and had my mind wondering what was real and what wasn’t. I enjoyed the story. It was an entertaining read for sure. The main character was just fun to read, she was real and flawed.
A great book for readers looking for something fun and different.
Theresa Shaw
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dawn has done it again another amazing book by her .i was hooked from the start loved Billie and hunter story , i highly recommend this book and any other books by dawn their a must read books
Gwen Sargeant
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg! This book is going to have so many of us women putting the writer Dawn Keane up on a pedestal. This book is like what every woman dreams about. It is like the writer got into my head and wrote about my life. I see myself as Billie on so many levels. Living my life through the books I read and dream about my perfect book lover. I am happily married, however dream I do. I still dream at what is the perfect man. I see his image a shell of a man that I build in my mind, then all the books I rea ...more
Jo Overfield
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Truly the most unique, and entertaining book ever!

Billie is your everyday girl, who works for a magazine, and her main love in life is her books. However, she's had a lull in her personal life, and has been challenged with the task of dealing with her mothers illness. Hiding in the comfort of her kindle is where Billie feels safest.

She's got a love for her books, but also a crush on Hunter. Hunter is someone she reports to from work, and has by a chance encounter met him. Hunter holds secrets t
Tracy Grieve
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book. Well I can tell you my kindle was hardly put down, I read it in just over 24hrs only cause I had to do adult stuff (I am pretty sure my kids could have made dinner themselves). It left me with a book hangover cause I didn't want it to end.

Anyway Billie is a book junkie there is no other word to describe her, she gets drawn into the world of the characters that the author creates for her. But when she meets the mysterious Hunter who also loves books and they both l
Jenny
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book. Very unique story that full of comedy and drama. Billie loves to read. She is a sweet but quirky. She meets Hunter and the ups and downs begin. Is Hunter the man she first thinks he is?
ARC received for an honest review.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Frey Le
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sheena
Oct 08, 2017

I was brought up in Manchester and I am now living in the beautiful Scottish borders with my three children.
I have enjoyed writing my story as I had a pretty hard upbringing and have suffered like everyone does over the years in different situations, but everyone has a story to tell.
I just hope my story can help someone out there who is or has been through the same sorts of situations as myself.
Da