Start by marking “The Trauma-Informed School: A Step-by-Step Implementation Guide for Administrators and School Personnel” as Want to Read:

Published September 26th 2016 by Beyond Consequences Institute, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Trauma-Informed School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trauma-Informed School

Lara
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is remarkably well-written, easy to read, and accessible for schools wanting to implement a trauma informed practice. It has wonderful little stories at the end of each chapter illustrating the concepts in action. It gives a timeline and checklists of tasks to guide implementation. Most importantly, it espouses a philosophy of caring for the whole person, not just a student in one class in isolation. I believe in trauma informed practices not just because of this book, but because I se ...more
Kristin Jenkins
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many down to Earth, common sense ideas for understanding children who come from an environment of trauma, even for those not in trauma! It's just a better way to help kids! I know I'll be going back to this book for ideas the rest of my teaching career! (Did I mention: It's autographed!!) <3
Kristi
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for all school personnel! As we gain knowledge of how trauma affects the brain, it is the responsibility of school personnel to adapt the way we work with traumatized (really all) children. This book gives steps on how to implement a trauma informed school. Watching Paper Tigers will help you understand the importance of the guidelines discussed in this book.
Melissa
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very informative and full of easy to implement strategies for students that have experienced trauma. I’ll definitely go back to it during the school year. I particularly liked the real life stories and situations presented in the book.
Keely
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teaching
Excellent book that should be required reading whether you work in a school where trauma is an issue or not. Well laid-out and a relatively quick read for the level of information provided. Backed with the brain science to support their suggested approach.
Stefanie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great resource for schools implementing these practices in their schools.
Jacquelyn Moorman