Start by marking “The Blood of Kings (Phoebe Pope, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blood of Kings (Phoebe Pope, #2)

The Blood of Kings

(Phoebe Pope #2)

According to the press, Phoebe Pope and teen movie star Colten Chase are no longer an item—which is just how the happy new couple like it. And yet there’s trouble in paradise . . .

Published April 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of Kings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood of Kings

Start your review of The Blood of Kings (Phoebe Pope, #2)
books are love
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow just wow. I thought the first had a lot of twists and turns with amazing reveals but this one took the cake. An excellent sequel to the first. No second book slump here.

the book picks up where the second left off. The group of four is reeling over all that happened and trying to go on. Phoebe is having a hard time with one of her fellow Hyphas and we do see this worked out but it is through some very blood and dangerous ordeals that it is. The four are more wanted dead now than ever and are
Lauren
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After racing through The Year of Four, I couldn't wait to start The Blood of Kings, the second book in the series. I was beyond excited to see what adventures Phoebe and the rest of the Hyphas would get into next, and I especially couldn't wait to see how Phoebe and Colten's romance developed. However, a small part of me was scared that I wouldn't love this book nearly as much as the first.

The result? Just when I thought Nya Jade couldn't possibly top the amazingness that was The Year of Four,
Ashley Aponte
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Phoebe Pope series had my attention from page 1. The story continues on at a great pace, and flowed just as well as the first book. The things that are unveiled in this book shine light on some of the questions the first book left us with. I really enjoyed reading this installation, and everything the characters go through kept me on the edge of my seat. I could not put this book down and am eager to find out what happens next for Phoebe.

#TheUnratedBookshelf
Elizabeth Mathis
The thrilling, un-put-downable sequel to The Year of Four.

Phoebe is haunted by dreams that show her things she can’t possibly know about—including a pact between Colten and a wanted assassin. In the daylight, she struggles to keep a newly emerging power hidden, even as her hands itch to wield it.

Meanwhile, in the
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire academy fans
Tonja Drecker
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was looking forward to diving into this book after reading the first one in the series and wasn't disappointed.

Phoebe is under tight watch with the three other half-shifters, Hyphas, thanks to the prophecy which claims that one of them will wield the power to change the war. The upcoming meeting with the Royal Crown, the leaders of the Shifters, isn't helping to calm her nerves. Throw in strange dreams and more layers of intrigue, and Phoebe is off in another action packed adventure.

Phoebe
Rae Sontheyon
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely Trouble In Paradise. . . .

This novel is the second book on the series and I highly suggest reading the first novel before reading this story. Compared to the first novel I'd say this book has about 4x as many surprise and Omg moments. Oh and the ending FYI is just mean, not in a bad way, just in a teasing cliffhanger cause now I want more, like right now!

Trying to keep their relationship out of the press so no outside drama can interfere, Colten and Phoebe, have "broken up" amicable
Jo
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is, to my mind at least, a much better developed book than book 1. The characters are more mature, the storyline darker and the narrative voice more adult.

I felt, as I was reading this, almost as if it were written by a different author, as the difference in the strength of the writing was so stark in places. I guess that it to be expected, given the time span between the two releases.

I will say that as the writer's confidence in her ability appears to have grown, so has the complexity of
Kcooper
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Jade creates an incredible world full of rich, complex characters whose warmth and courage lead them to experiences Above and Below that leave the reader wanting to know, at every turn, what's next for Phoebe and her fellow Hyphas. The world is so colorful, visual and vast that you can't help but picture the story in your mind and even imagine the beating of the two heart Shapers. Weaving in the ancient history of Pompeii gives us a chance to revisit our own history, reminding us that we're ...more
Lorie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not crazy about book two..

I liked book one better. Got tired of crying Phoebe and how she always getting beat up or kidnapped. She can't even fight. Pathetic. The end showed her power but that's about it.

The whole betrayal and heartbreak as a cliffhanger suck. The cliffhanger on this book was big. Didn't care for the extensive court telling basically bored me. Ended up giving up and just flipped through the pages. This one was boring for me.

Good writing but too long on the court details. Not
Nancy (The Avid Reader)

Meanwhile, in the wake of their escape from a Vigo crèche, Phoebe and her fellow
heather - NightlyReading
Woah, woah, woah!

I thought that nothing could top the first book but this one was so much better!

The characters seem more mature while they are trying to find out the Vigo's next move and the relationship between Pheobe and Colten is stronger than ever.

The book picks up immediately where the first one left off. I felt like there was even more excitement in this book with every twist and turn of events! This book gave me all of the emotions...tears, laughter, love and hatred!

The ending was a
Larissa
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a super action-packed, exciting sequel to The Year of Four. We learn so much more about the magic of Phoebe's world, who she is, and the politics of her world, but also leaves us with as many questions as it answers! I guess I'll just have to wait until book three!

The view of The Blood of Kings expands way out, giving a much wider range of the world and history of the Shapers and the Vigos. Just like the first book, I was impressed with the world building in this book, especially since
Elie Kelly
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first book was simply fun and great. A favorite one. And I was not disappointed, when I read the second book. The character development was fantastic, the plot just got more intricate and complicated, and… I just love the world of Phoebe Pope. I do not often fall in love with new authors on the first read, but Nya Jade is an exception. You gotta love her. I just have one remaining question. When will the 3rd book out? Just. Can’t. Wait.
Khrystal Gargano
Wow!

Make sure to read the first in the series, The year of four before starting this book!

Read, you wont be sorry!, The only thing I want to add is... WHEN DOES THE NEXT ONE COME OUT?! I need to know what’s going to happen next! I need more Phoebe, Colten and the others in my life!
Haddie
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It got better!!

Leaping lizards! This series just took a turn for the better. Literally, story go got better as it went on. Phoebe's character has grown and I definitely see her more developed. I'm more in love with her relationship with Colton. Her skills and training are even more necessary. The illustrations were really cool. Loved it.
Laura E. Mackey
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Answers and questions

I wonder who the real one is, who will replace the immortal one. Is she vigo, shaper, human? Can they have a child? If they have a child that would be amazing. Interested yet? There is so much going on in this book, it is a must read. I can not wait for the next one.
Michael
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Torn on how many stars to give this, maybe 2.4? It is a fun and, at times, imaginative story. But much of it feels a bit derivative and most of the "twists" are way too predictable. I hope the author continues to hone her craft as I do think there is promise in her. Still, I doubt if I will end up reading the next installment.
Patty Meyer
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Loved this book as much as the first one. I am sad it's over which for me is an indicator of a great book! Phoebe grows up in so many ways in this book. She comes into her powers. She learns things about her worlds that takes away her innocence fast.
Cody Ray
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really started setting the scene, unraveling a few mysteries, and adding many more in its place. I really enjoyed reading about Lucan and his old magic, and starting to learn more about the history of Vesuvius, the Immortal One, Vigos, etc.
Brenda .
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mostly love the book but I really despise all the political intrigue. This writer spent a lot of time on this annnnnd I guess in the end it really added to the story. And talk about a twist at the end! I sincerely hope there is more books to come.
Mandy Stump
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

I absolutely loved this series so far I cannot wait to read more. I'm so excited for the next book!! Cannot wait to see what happens. I am so shocked!! So excited about everything!!! This book blew me away!
Charlene  Pina
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most addicting read since Harry Potter

I've never been so thoroughly engrossed in a story as Phoebe's. I read both books in a day and a half.. and that's around a full time job schedule. I gave up sleep for this story. So incredible. Just read it!!!!
T.
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The pacing for The Blood of Kings felt slower than the previous book, but there was more detail and complexity in the storyline. Some great overall story progression and a few interesting twists to keep readers interested. A good series, so far.
Anna
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story!

I love the twists and turns. Could hardly put this book down. Can hardly wait for the next book to see what happens!
hayley bills
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I loved this more than the 1st! Really need to know what happens next. Will phoebe try to kill her mum??
Janet Samuel
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait for book 3

Looking forward to reading book 3. Couldn't put it down until I finished it. The characters pulled you into the story and kept you there until the last page.
Krystal Morgan
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good series

Like the series, will wait for more installments

Good grammar, unique take on shifters, interesting story with excellent supporting details
Juliet
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I didn’t think this book would be even better than The Year of Four. Seriously, I love this series! I am dying to find out what happens next. So many twists! And what a cliffhanger ending.
Chris B. (1 More Chapter)
My reaction upon finishing this one and then realizing the next book isn't even listed as publishing any time soon:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pause for breath OOOOOOOOO!
Now I'm left questioning my life as I wait to find out what happens to Phoebe.

• Cornerstone (Cornerstone, #1)
  • Redemption (The Chosen, #4)
  • Witch in Waiting (Jinx Hamilton Mystery, #0.5)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Witch at Heart (Jinx Hamilton Mystery #1)
  • Shift (Southern Werewolves, #1)
  • Witch at Odds (Jinx Hamilton Mystery #2)
  • Fury Focused (Of Fates and Furies, #2)
  • Witch at Last (Jinx Hamilton Mystery #3)
  • A Witch in Time (Cat's Paw Cove, #1)
  • The Fire Prophecy (Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures, #1)
  • Vines (The Killers #1)
  • The Potion Commotion (Happy Blendings Witch #1)
  • Half-Blood (Darkblood Academy, #1)
  • A Pumpkin Potion Explosion (The Happy Blending Witch Cozy Mystery Series Book 2)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Witch Wishes (Witch Ways, #3)
  • A Drop in the Potion (Happy Blendings Witch #3)
Nya Jade loves all things fantasy, action, romance and suspense! When she's not deep into her world building, you can find her spending time with family and friends or reading. Nya lives in Northern California with her family.

Phoebe Pope (2 books)
  • The Year of Four (Phoebe Pope, #1)