Start by marking “15-Minute Vegan” as Want to Read:
15-Minute Vegan

15-Minute Vegan

15-Minute Vegan features 100 brand new vegan recipes that can be prepared in mere moments. Using ingredients that are available in supermarkets, the recipes are as easy as can be – from shopping to cooking to serving.
Published March 23rd 2017 by Quadrille

To ask other readers questions about 15-Minute Vegan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 15-Minute Vegan

Diana Yerkess
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
Love this book - I am not a vegan but eat a lot of non-meat dishes and this is great as the recipes are so simple and tasty
Beckiezra
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
4.5? It’s a little hard to rate a cookbook, there’s not much of a plot or characters to get invested in. I will say this seems like a quality book. The pictures are nice and the pages are thick and heavy. It has a bit of an introduction and helpful tip section that I usually wouldn’t bother to read in a cookbook but felt like I had to if I wanted to say I read the book. Each recipe had a little blurb, perhaps similar to the style she uses in her blog, that gave me something to read beyond a list ...more
Amanda
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was diagnosed with egg, milk, and soy allergies last year. Cutting out all that stuff led me to a crisis: what the heck can I eat??? Everywhere I looked it was soy in this, egg in that, milk in both. For no reason! So one day I realized hey wait, vegans don't eat milk or egg, and it should be easy to avoid tofu (soybeans)! Well sure, but also...wait for it...I'm picky and don't like pastas. I don't like vegan cheese, and I don't like coconut!

That being said, I found this book at the library. T
Turrean
I never rate a cookbook until I’ve actually cooked a few of the recipes. So I am here to attest that these are not quite doable in 15 minutes, at least by someone at my skill level.

The book is nicely laid out, with an uncluttered design that’s easy on the eyes. Measurements are given three ways, two by weight and one by volume, for American cooks. I found most of the ingredients were fairly common and I didn’t have to make special trips to the store (once I laid in some coconut milk, at any rat
Adrienna
There are only a few recipes I will try, which is mostly desserts or snacks. I hope the snacks without dairy products will work since my past ones were disastrous.

I plan to try the vanilla rice pudding with another coconut rice pudding recipe (from online).
The Japanese miso recipe, with the veggies I have available and already got the miso ginger broth from Trader's Joe, and shinake (sp) noodles from Safeway (organic/vegan area of the store on Madison/Dewey).
The peanut butter oats bars.

I hope
Wendy
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-it
First, this is a beautiful looking book. Thick cover and pages, beautiful color photography and a judiciously chosen font.

Every recipe I have tried has been quick and easy without a lot of odd or hard to find ingredients.

Most recipes serve two (which seems to be a rare recipe book feature) making this great for singles and couples who don't want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen.

I dropped a star from the rating because this book doesn't remotely lie flat which is a rather critical feature
Jennie Rosenblum
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a 75% Vegan. And could be more but I get lazy and go for the easy cooking. When I saw this title I thought "GREAT" and it mostly is. I have tried 3 receipes and have 5 more on my "wish" pile. While some took a little more than 15 - they have all been less than 30. Maybe I chop slower or my stove cooks slower but they were easy and more importantly tastey!
Amy
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
15 Minute Vegan has easy recipes, that are quick, include ingredients that I usually buy, and they taste good. I didn’t believe in a 15 minute vegan, microwaved cookie, but this book proved me wrong. Just enough for me, no leftovers to tempt over eating, yet easy enough to make more instantly. Great inspiration for simple recipes in this book.
Marcia
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic. I picked it up to find meal ideas without meat and diary, which I am drastically reducing in an effort to lower my cholesterol and lose weight.

The recipes are unique, yummy and pretty easy to make. As a non-vegan I can't comment on how it compares to other vegan cookbooks but I am really pleased. Also, I love the size. It fits easily in a drawer.
Cat Tobin
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I buy recipe books largely for inspiration, and there are some tasty ideas in this accessible book, which uses commonly-found ingredients and European measurements. Will definitely try some of these out, although I suspect they'll take me longer to prep than 15 mins..!
Aoife
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Great!
Kristy
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good recipes, great for a beginner. Very clear instructions, sparse text on the page. Wish pics would’ve been full page.
Trudi Cartwright
I'm new to being vegan and this book is absolutely fantastic! The recipes are delicious and straightforward. I would recommend this book to everyone, not just vegans.
Angie Kennedy
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
There were only two recipes I want to try, so this one wasn't very successful for me.
Brianna Sowinski
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simple, quick vegan recipes, good formatting and photos, would check out again.
Teri Leigh  Baird
Another must have cookbook! The 15 minute part is a lie. Prep takes more than 15 minutes. Once you have the prep complete, these take 15 to 20 minutes to cook.
Teri Temme
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You had me at 15 minutes and crispy potato rosti! EXCELLENT.
Rachel Lodge
Sep 23, 2018
Rachaelita
Feb 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Katy Beskow is the author of best- selling cookbook 15 Minute Vegan and new book 15 Minute Vegan Comfort Food-out now! Katy is an award-winning cook, writer and cookery tutor with a passion for fuss-free home cooking. Once inspired by a bustling and colourful fruit market in South London, she now lives in rural Yorkshire and cooks from a small (yet perfectly functioning) kitchen.