Start by marking “Embrace the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #3)” as Want to Read:
Embrace the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #3)

Embrace the Fire

(Through Hell and Back #3)

Brandon Gilbert has spent years in hiding, but he’s finally accomplished his dream of working as a public school teacher. When offered the chance to help bullied children, there was no way he could say no. Not to mention that meeting Dr. Tash Weber, the psychiatrist who helps them, a sad yet sexy older man, ignited a spark inside Brandon he’d never had before.

Though five
Kindle Edition
Published March 24th 2017 (first published May 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Embrace the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embrace the Fire

~Mindy Lynn~

This one just didn't do it for me. Definitely the weakest in the series. Which is unfortunate because I have been curious to what happened to the youngest brother since the first book. I have to say it was very anticlimactic.
His past is as heartbreaking as the other's. His struggles to get to his future was just as rough. But the relationship between the two men just didn't have the same heat, chemistry, or emotional connection the other two stories had.
I thought the first one was cheesy. Whol
Kade Boehme
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful end to such a lovely series. All the feels here. SO MANY warm fuzzies. Felice does it every time.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

"It only takes one person, the right person, to break down the walls you surround yourself with, to force you to see the truth."

We finally made it to Brandon's story. I've been intrigued by his whereabouts since the first book and boy did his backstory break my heart. That prologue....a gut punch. I was buckled in and ready for the ride. Unfortunately, I'm left underwhelmed with Brandon and Tash's story.

The blurb does a fantastic job of summarizing the plot, so 'll just focus
Len Evans Jr
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
OK... made it though the final book in the series. At first I had a little trouble connecting with Brandon, but as the book went on Ms. Stevens worked her usual magic and had me hooked. While this book clearly had the biggest payoff... it in many ways was the hardest to read. Ms. Stevens is an expert at putting me through the metaphorical meat grinder... and not by throwing angst around liberally just to add drama to a story. No, her writing wrings the emotion out of you from the relationships b ...more
Chris
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Almost a 4 star - this started a bit slow for me and lacked some of the fire / angst that was in the first two books. While it was a little mellow for awhile I really loved the last 20%. It was great to have the family reunite and the epilogue was sweet. I really enjoyed this series - a solid 4 star read !
Debra

This book wrapped up the series nicely, but I wasn't as emotionally invested in Brandon and Tash's relationship as I was with Drew and Ash and Jordan and Luke.

I was glad to see the brothers finally together again and working on recognizing that their roles in each others lives are much different now. It was definitely on the lighter side compared to all the drama and angst of the prior two books and maybe that is why I found the quick connection between the two men to be less satisfyin
Tina

This third book of the Trough Hell and Back series wrapped it up nicely. Finally Brandon, the third of the foster brothers, gets his own story and his well deserved HEA with Tash, an awesome guy we met earlier in the series.

Loved the book and especially one supporting character that turned out to be the good spirit of the series: Esther. Loved her to bits!

Highly recommended!
Felice Stevens
Mar 22, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The pre-order link is live! Embrace the Fire is available for the special release week price of $3.99. It can be read for FREE on Kindle Unlimited!
Jessica
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best way to wrap up the series. My heart was racing so hard when the guys were finally going to see each other, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! And tears! But all happy tears. And the most beautiful epilogue to give us that last little bit from all the couples. My heart is so happy after this. Job well done Felice xoxox
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

From the first book in this series, I have been caught up in this strange little band of friends and their families and I looked forward to how this series would end; how it would all play out. I'm not unsatisfied by the ending and in fact the epilogue was fantastic, I just wish I felt the same way about the relationship between the two main characters in this book.

This is one of those books where the love story between the two main characte
Pam Kay
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this series. It has all the components of a beautiful love story including the Hot, Beautiful MM main couple, Family, and friends. The story line remains strong along with the other 2 books and the characters are so true to life and amazing...Brandon had a very abusive upbringing, running from his stepdad, who he thought he had murdered, and his stepmom. His other two brothers had run early on, leaving Brandon behind. When Brandon leaves, he goes from living on the streets to ...more
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®

#Loved #mustclick http://amzn.to/1KychVd

If you have not read this series I highly recommend you stop reading this review and go 1-click book 1 A Walk Through Fire http://amzn.to/1EzCxet, this series unravels the story of three foster brothers who were forced apart by circumstances of their youth. Book 1 is Asher, Book 2 is Luke and now Book 3 is the youngest foster brother Brandon.
This story arc builds to a wonderful conclusion as these men’s lives unexpectedly and miraculously intersect.

Embrace
Kizzy
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I can't put into words how much I loved this story.

This is the 3rd and final book in the series and here we have Brandon and Tash's story. We knew from books 1 and 2 (which were also amazing), that Ash and Luke have been looking for Brandon for years. We also were introduced to Tash in Book 2 when he was Jordan's doctor.

We learn about Tash and his past as well as Brandon, which was heartbreaking. The both of them were in a dark place and when they cross paths, neither one of them will be th
Angie
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
I just love this series. I read the first two back to back and was patiently waiting for this one. Well worth the wait, LOVED it. Finally the missing the brother is found even though Brandon has been hiding for years because of something in his past. Tash had his lover die on him and has never found anyone since and is happy to be alone with him and his cats. Brandon can’t believe his eyes when he see not one bu
Lelyana
This is the perfect story to end the series.
Felice lulled us to the reunion of the three lost brothers, Brandon, Luke and Ash. Their story alone rooted in me and I'm happy I can finally 'see' them solved the 'mystery' of it.
As for Tash and Brandon, there's no one more right for Brandon except Tash.
It's sad I have to say goodbye to the wonderful guys of this series, because, I always need them whenever I need some tears, love and family in my book.
I know I'll be back to the guys once in a while l
Chris
5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Brandon Gilbert has spent years in hiding, but finally he’s accomplished his dream of working as a public school teacher. When offered the chance to help bullied children, there was no way he could say no. Not to mention that meeting Dr. Tash Weber, the psychiatrist who helps them, a sad yet sexy older man, ignited a spark inside Brandon he’d never had before.

Though five years have passed since the death of his lover, Dr. Sebastian "Tash" Weber has no interest in rel
mah1
Genre(s): M/M, Romance, New love, older/younger love
Page Count: 262
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5

FOUR PERFECT ENDING STARS!
Brandon finally feels as if he belongs. He finds a job working as a teacher in an inner city district that will allow him to work with kids that are troubled. This helps Brandon heal from the loss he encount
Christy
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
'Embrace the Fire' is the third book in Felice Stevens's series, 'Through Hell and Back'. It centers around three foster brothers, Ash, Luke, and Brandon. Each of these men suffered horribly during their childhood, and each other were all they had. Unfortunately Ash disappeared, through no fault of his own, and Brandon was yanked away from Luke not understanding why. The first two installments were Ash and Luke's stories, and now I got the chance to explore Brandon's.

"Brandon had spent years per
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*copy provided by author/publisher via A Tasty Read Book Reviews in exchange for an honest review*

Instalove. Big age difference. These are two things that I loathe in books, yet Felice made me not care about these things. It never once bothered me.

The chemistry, sexual tension and love between Brandon and Tash rolled off the pages of this book. Tash and Brandon's story takes us full circle and finally reunites all three brothers.

I loved this story. Felice writes so beautifully. She draws you i
Inked Reads
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
FourStars
Felice Stevens spins another tale of survival and success against the odds. Both heart-warming and angst-filled, Embrace the Fire carries on the story of an ever-growing group of professionals trying to help disadvantaged children in New York City.

This is the story of the youngest foster brother, Brandon, and Tash, the psychiatrist who treated Jordan in the second book. While I enjoyed the book, I felt that a little of the brilliant character development that made me fall in love with A
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

This is the third in the series and ties up a lot of loose ends. Finally the third brother gets his chance at happiness. And we get a rounding off of the whole trilogy.

The story is both sweet, and poignant, as well as containing hot chemistry and a wonderful connection, that Brandon has been lacking. It is a bit of a tear jerker (as I discovered on my daily commute) so maybe tissues and a private place to read would be bette
Crystal
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great ending to a great series. It was nice to see all the characters again and the epilogue was so sweet for them all. One of my favourite parts of this series was the relationship between Ash, Luke and Brandon. I was so happy to finally see the three of them together as a family and dealing with their pasts. It was also nice to see Brandon and Tash together. I usually don't really like relationships moving that fast but for them it worked well. This series is officially one of ...more
Miranda
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This book was such a great ending to a wonderful series! Embrace the Fire was the sweetest and easiest book to read out of the series but still very emotional with the reunion of all the brothers. I look forward to more from this author.
Charity
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great ending for these boys :)
Lucia
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: virgin, m-m
4.5 Great ending to a great series. Love how the epilogue nicely wrapped up each of the foster brother's relationships.
Annie
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Embracing the Fire is the third and final book in Miss Stevens’s Through Hell and Back series. Though they can be read as standalones and each features a different couple, the long-running story of the three foster brothers and the man interconnected characters mean this is one that’s best read in order.

Like the others, Embracing the Fire is a hurt/comfort romance that’s fairly heavy on the angst. While I found Brandon and Tash’s story as compelling as the previous couples, I wasn’t pulled into
Lisa Cullinan
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
Love Brandon and Tash

Although Ash has Drew and Luke has Jordan, it hasn’t stopped either of the brothers from their continued efforts to find Brandon.

Brandon’s story is just as horrible as his brothers’. It was pretty emotional and overwhelming to witness all three seeing each other for the first time in years.

Brandon, who is a sixth grade teacher, met Tash through his friend, Gage, after he accepted a volunteer position at the youth center they all have a hand in making a success.

As much as
Tammy
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazing-books
I loved how everything and everyone finally ended up in a better place all wrapped up. I think the only thing that still bothered me was Tash still seemed to have doubts about himself being the best choice for Brandon and his sister Valerie never offered any apology to Brandon for her harsh words that sent him into a tail spin of pain. Ash and Drew still my favorite in the series!! Plus as a animal lover myself I loved all the different personalities of the canine and feline pets in the series!! ...more
Cadiva
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as angsty as the other two

This is a much sweeter story than the first two books and, while Brandon had suffered, it wasn't anywhere close to Ash or Luke's pain.

The romance between him and Tash was nicely drawn out and there wasn't really much in the way of dramady to affect it. They communicated well and the sex was emotionally engaging.

Loved the extended epilogue and I've loved Esther and the other secondary characters who have been built into this world.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Look Away Silence
  • Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)
  • Feral (Shelter, #1)
  • Will & Patrick Meet the Mob (Wake Up Married, #5)
  • Any Given Sunday (A Southern Scrimmage Companion, #6)
  • MAXWELL 2: Trial By Fire (Phoenix Club, #14)
  • And Call Me in the Evening (And Call Me in the Morning #2)
  • Blindside (Blind Faith, #3)
  • In His Sights (Don't Tell, #4)
  • Boo! (Beauty And The Bookworm, #2)
  • Personal Entanglement (Thorne and Dash, #2)
  • Trailer Trash
  • What He Left Behind
  • The Bruise-Black Sky (More Heat Than the Sun, #5)
  • Double Dealing: A Marriage of Inconvenience
  • Rescued by Love
  • A Hard Winter Rain
  • The Summer House (English Hearts #1)
Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending just around the corner. Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City with her husband and two children. Her day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two) of red wine. She’s

Through Hell and Back (3 books)
  • A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
  • After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)
“Not all memories were pleasant, and sometimes they deserved to be forgotten.” 0 likes
“Sometimes dreams did come true. Like a phoenix from the ashes, the wreckage of their family had been pieced together to rise back strong to take its place among the living. Damaged somewhat, and a bit worse for wear, but never broken or destroyed.” 0 likes