Start by marking “Cobwebs of Youth” as Want to Read:
Cobwebs of Youth

Cobwebs of Youth

‘Cobwebs of Youth’ is a contemporary, romantic novel set in the London suburbs. It tells the story of Lara Cassidy who realises her dream of becoming a children’s book illustrator like her father. Yet her happiness is short-lived and she is plunged into uncertainty as Robert Kennedy, the mysterious stranger she first encountered ten years earlier, comes back into her life. ...more
Published February 6th 2017 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Cobwebs of Youth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cobwebs of Youth

Start your review of Cobwebs of Youth
Cynthia Hilston
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cobwebs of Youth is a lovely book, let me just say. Lovely is the first word that comes to mind and sticks with me as I recount my experience reading this novel.

I am quite familiar with British novels, having recently read The Girl on the Train and The Woman in Cabin 10. I am also a fan of British shows, such as Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, and Sherlock. Being an American, I pick up on the differences in the English language when I step into a British novel. And it’s lovely.

The characters in this
Blake Johnson
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Lara, if I go, I won't come back, do you understand me?"

This was a heartwarming book, pretty apt for the upcoming Valentine's. It's about Lara and Rob. Lara is an illustrator working on her first Children's book, Puddle, which has a magical puddle that sends the girl into new worlds with new magical dresses. Rob is a carpenter, but mostly works odd jobs around town. The couple each have their own past to accept. We're all running away from something, and we build up these limitations because we
Rebecca Sousa
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nebula Castelino
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book commenced as a slow one but like a web, there were so many layers that had to be discovered and unfolded. Lara’s journey was beautifully written by Rose. It’s really surprising how identical Lara and Rob are in dealing with paternal issues but they still saw the best in each other. A beautiful story with wonderful insights on relationships. It’s left me with a warm bubbly feeling and a smile.
A big shout out to VoraciousReadersOnly for giving me a copy of this book.
Shaylee &
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book complimentary from voracious readers only.

I really really enjoyed this book! I related heavily with it, growing apart from friends and relationships, and making decisions others might not agree with. I love that the main character goes for her dream. I've actually reread this book I liked it so much. It's the perfect literary fiction to read during these uncertain times.
Meagan
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is probably my favourite book that I have received from Voracious Readers Only. It kept me hooked from the first few chapters to the point where I couldn't put it down until I found out what happened with Rob and Lara. I was sad to finish it but happy because the two of them got their happy ending together. ...more
Melissa
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
great read given to me my Voracious readers. I wasnt sure at first as the story started off slow but it managed to hook me right until the end.
I enjoyed all the characters and watching them grow throughout the story
Robyn
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
*I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only*

I absolutely loved this book! Would definitely recommend!

Rob pulled me in from the beginning, and the book, the relationship between him and Lara is such a heartwarming, feel good story.
Maxine Brown
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this book from voracious readers to, it was so good to see the romance unfold. I liked all the characters and especially Rob, as the brooding handsome hero.
Sally Speight
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a good book but very slow to start and hard to get into. The characters were well developed and the storyline was good

I would recommend this book

I received a copy of this from veracious reader
Liz
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Complimentary copy of this book was received through Voracious Readers Only

Cobwebs of youth

Lovely romance story with believable characters. Plot moves along nicely drawing the reader along.
Cynthia W
May 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This book took a while for me to get into. I thought it started slowly, but as I continued to read, I was drawn into the characters and the story. Young Adult is not normally a genre I enjoy, but the author did a lovely job of building the story and showing how the characters grew and matured after a tragedy..

I thought it took a little too long to get to the "punchline", so to speak, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Many thoughts to the author and Voracious Readers Only for the ARC.
LeAnne Krause
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure I was going to enjoy the book at first but I ended up loving it! I’m so happy at the way the book ended. A love story that wasn’t too sappy with some steamy scenes that weren’t too graphic and some heartache.
Terri Grey
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found this book really hard to get into. It was really long, but I just couldn't get in the right frame of mind. This was a good book, very descriptive details.

I found it really showed how people mature and move on after a tragedy. It was definitely geared towards a young adult crowd.

It took a long time for the story to play out which might have been why I couldn't just get into the flow of the story. Bit wasn't a book for me, but i think those a little younger would definitely appreciate it
Carly Flis
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my open and honest review.
A wonderful story about a young woman that has to overcome her past. There are a lot of family dynamics present, including divorce and loss of a parent. It is an inspiring story for anyone that is trying to get over problems from the past.
Fionne Jones
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read from start to finish
Andrea Tunnah-Jeffery
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an interesting story. A slightly different twist on boy Mets girl, boy falls for girl. I enjoyed the twists and turns of the story as it wound its way from the past into the main characters present.
Clare
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ao, nwt
At first I thought this book would have a hard time keeping my attention, however I soon became quite captured by the characters and how they changed and developed through the book. A beautifully written novel that made me think back to my twenties, which is also what made it enjoyable as I could relate to Lara and her dilemmas. Thank you Rose for an enjoyable read and Voracious Readers Only for providing the complimentary copy.
accountt2
nice book
Donna
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this book enjoyable however I found it took quite a while to get into it.
Fairyland~book review
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
I received this through Goodreads giveaway! I loved this book I recommend It highly. I finished it in one sitting because i could not put it down!
Angela
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Voracious Readers Only.

I enjoyed this book. The characters were so realistic and the story was completely believable.
Kerry Henderson
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lara is just realizing that maybe she isn't living the life she truly wants. A memory of a chance encounter sets her in a new path and a discovery of who she really is.

This was a lovely story. A light read and very predictable but it was still a good read. The ending was as expected but very sweet. Perfect on a summer's day. I think Lara is a good lead and I really loved Charlie and of course Rob but the rest of the characters just didn't catch my attention enough.
Jackie
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Cobwebs of Youth is a very pleasant story. It starts off slowly and it just rather plods along. I hit chapter 20 and felt like I’d been reading it for days but I was barely 30% into the book. I almost gave up on it, but I pushed through and enjoyed it. I wouldn’t read it again though, the romance between Lara and Rob grated on my nerves after awhile and I’m sorry I can’t imagine my best friend of 20 years ever acting like Jen.

That said there’s something about the story that feel true to life. T
Kris Yarych
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading books that leave me with good feelings. This is one of those. I hope you enjoy it too.
Lindsy
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I have never read anything from this author before and I found this book through a website.
I honestly could not decide what to rate this story but I would probably give it more of a 3.5.
To me this book was super boring in the beginning and I was not sure if I would even be able to finish it. I kept reading though and finally it picked up and I was able to finish it in 2-3 days.
I for some reason didn't expect this to be based in London so it was a little tricky for me to read and understand th
Susan
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
The book started off promising but it failed to hold my interest. I felt that the story left out background information to the flow of the story and that the characters appeared to have no depth. At the end of the book I didn't feel that it was a satisfying read.
Please be aware this is my opinion only and may differ from other peoples.

note that I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only.
Jacquie
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
It was okay I guess, but didn’t really grab my attention. I received a complimentary copy of this book through Voracious Readers Only.
Noreen Bennett
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
An enjoyable story. Well written.
About a normal couple with normal everyday problems.
Rose Auburn
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

• Catching the Last Tram
  • An Unexpected Kind (Kind #1)
  • Wanting Her Stepdad
  • Cupid F*cks Up (Ruth Roth #2)
  • Second Chance Option (Gridiron Knights #1)
  • Proceed with Caution (Ford Brothers #1)
  • Bounce Down - 1st Quarter: Start of Play (Playing the Game, #1)
  • Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #2)
  • Words for Anna: A Second Chance at First Love
  • Enter at Your Own Risk (Ford Brothers #2)
  • Paper Heart (Poetry Collections, #1)
  • The Moments Between
  • The Career Killer (DCI Mabey Book 1)
  • Shanghai Nobody
  • Love Dances in the Desert: Three Jackrabbit Junction Sexy Mysteries
  • The Earl and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #1)
  • Gloom Rising & Reality Falling (The Book Wielder Saga, #1-2)
  • Eiagan's Winter (The History of Goranin, #1)
Rose Auburn is an Author, Book Reviewer & Blogger.

She lives in London, England.

News & Interviews