Start by marking “Mirror Mirror” as Want to Read:
Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

Friend. Lover. Victim. Traitor.
When you look in the mirror, what do you see?

Sixteen-year-old friends Red, Leo, Rose, and Naomi are misfits; still figuring out who they are and who they want to be. Life isn't perfect, but music brings them together, and they are excited about what the future holds for their band, Mirror, Mirror. That is until Naomi vanishes before being pul
Published October 5th 2017 by Trapeze

To ask other readers questions about Mirror Mirror, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Shruthi
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kris Pettersen I've read it, and I highly recommend it. It talks about some important topics that I haven't seen a lot of authors do (won't say what because…moreI've read it, and I highly recommend it. It talks about some important topics that I haven't seen a lot of authors do (won't say what because spoilers), and challenges a lot of stereotypes. So I say go for it hahah(less)

✨    jamieson   ✨
Oct 15, 2017 marked it as no-thanks
in the year of our lord 2017 you're still gonna use sexuality as a fucking plot twist?

Lulu (the library leopard)
Do I need to create a "morbidly curious" shelf?
Luka
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was not the blurb, which I only had skimmed, that convinced me to read this book. It was the curiosity of how Cara Delevingne would write her first novel, because she always gets sharp criticism for everything she does besides working as a model and I wanted to form my own opinion on the book. I read the book while listening to the audio book and can highly recommend that. Right from the start you get the appropriate emotions and language style of each character, although there was a lot of s ...more
Mary S. R.
May 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Mary by: the fact that it's Cara Delevingne, duh
Am I, like, the only person on this planet who had no idea Cara Delevingne even writes books, let alone a young adult mystery and contemporary fiction?

On second thought, there are probably more than 6 billion people (just on this planet) who don't even know she exists.

Actually, I just realised there are more than 7 billion people who don't know I exist ... well that's a disturbing thought right there 😐

Do I even matter? ... I hate me rn.

Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Friendship, family, mystery, betrayal, secrets.

Mirror, Mirror exceeded my expectations.

Starting off, I love the writing style. I was a little surprised to find it narrated by Red at the beginning, hers was not the voice I was expecting. But hers is definitely the voice that the story deserves and is a wonderfully complex character, with many layers and flaws.

This has a definite Skins vibe to it, and I love it. It's a bit shocking, it's raw, it feels real. There is a thread of mystery t
ashley 🌈
Oct 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
the blurb is really interesting but I hate the cover art so much 😭 it seems like Cara is relying very heavily on name recognition, rather than the content of the book
Kate (beautifulbookland)
This is such a hard book to review, because if the characters had been better and not the 'beautifully broken' kind, I would have enjoyed reading this book. But I just didn't connect with the characters, and so reading Mirror, Mirror dragged up until the last 20%.

So basically, there's this school band that consists of Red, Leo, Rose and Naomi. Naomi, who has a history of running away (think Paper Towns), goes missing, only to be found a while later in a river. So while Naomi is in a coma, Red a
Clare Holman-Hobbs
So first off, this is basically a poor man's Paper Towns. Cara was clearly inspired after starring in the film. Secondly, the idea is aesthetically pleasing, but when actually presented has little substance.
Caroline Fosse
Oct 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is the sort of book that makes me wonder why things like this ever get published in the first place. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not incredibly terrible, but it’s clearly inspired by her work with John Green and the movie adaptation of Paper Towns. A couple of close knit teenagers living their life, drinking, running around, getting tattoos, dark secrets, eating disorders, troubled youth, parents who doesn’t care about their children, unnecessary swearing, betrayals, playing in a famous band, ...more
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
So Cara Delevingne is actually releasing a novel! I would love to read her book and see what she comes up with; I think her experiences in acting have helped her envision a book.

Adore the yellow cover! Got the book to read it later!

Sarah Churchill
Mar 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I tried so hard to finish this, but after 6 month of picking it up and putting it back down I just couldn't. This makes me sad because I think Cara is an incredibly interesting person and a great role model... but for me to not care or be at all curious about the outcome of a mystery is a big deal (I haven't even bothered to flip to the last chapter!)

A little more on this in my Overhyped Books video: https://youtu.be/aUmhUxIDCac
Sally Whiteside
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hope (HopelessBookAddict)
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG this was awesome. At first I thought it was a contemporary, then it was that plus a mystery/thriller AND a diverse read! It was truly amazing! READ IT!
Femke (booksfemme)
I went into this book with very, very low expectations. I mean... who wouldn't be sceptical about a book that has the author's name on it bigger than the actual title. I was afraid this was going to be just another meh book written by just another famous person.

Buuuuuttttt....

Mirror, Mirror was actually a surprisingly good read for me. Many people's reviews on here state that they expected a YA contemporary but were surprised with a YA mystery/thriller, so I knew that beforehand. What I didn't
Anja V
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia

well, hello disappoinment, how've you been?
i haven't missed you one bit

rtc
_____________

guys, i absolutely ADORE cara delevingne, really do her being so strong and confident with her sexuality helped me a lot when i was struggling and also she is just so fucking badass, and ... what? no i don't have a crush on her what are you talking about haha ha noooooo totally do

but i'm scared that she's mostly just using her name as branding, all the while not actually being a good writer (case in point: t
Alaina
Let me honest before I start this review - I was very hesitant to get this book and read it. WHY? Because I love Cara as an actor and I didn't want to end up hating this book. So I decided to not buy this book but to loan it from the library as an audio. I LOVED THE AUDIO GUYS!

Now ignore the cover (even though I low-key like it) but read what's inside because that's what is important right? I loved every character within this book and I'm so freaking happy that I wasn't disappointed at all. So a
Talkincloud
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
It wasn't a masterpiece, but in my opinion, it was a good story for teenagers - may topics about finding yourself were taken and showed in a really interesting way. I liked our main characters, they were not annoying, I was pleased to find the ending, even if I knew how this story was going to end at the beginning of it. My only problem was with the language: a lot of swearing is present in the dialogues, but I was able to get through it. If you are interested, check this position out, maybe you ...more
Delores
Finally got around to writing this. Wow, just wow. This book is definitely one that people should read. It brings to light the devastation of the sex trafficking, even in just a small racket. It was heartbreaking and really hard to read but it was very, very well written and the anger and devastation was well portrayed. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Chey
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not expect to like this book so much to be honest but I absolutely loved it.
Teodora
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Bulgarian review: https://bookishipster.wordpress.com/2...

I didn't like this book as much as i thought i would, but it was still interesting, it surprised me a lot and some of the messages in it were really good. However, i am a bit disappointed, i didn't like the characters very much, some of them felt very unreal to me and at parts some things were too exaggerated.
Aditi ~ •A Thousand Words A Million Books
DNF at page 91 .

In all honesty, this was one of the most MADDENING books I’ve read this year. It tried to portray “real” teenage life and instead gave us page after page filled with swearing, drugs, alcohol and, WORST OF ALL, JOKES ABOUT SHOOTING UP SCHOOLS.

“ ‘When he inevitable instigates a school shooting, we’ll be the first to go,’
And that’s when I knew I liked her.”

NO. JUST NO.

With everything that’s happening in the United States now, and even before this last week, HOW ARE BOOKS ALLOWE
Grace
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.75 out of 5 stars

Note: I was sent this book by Hachette Australia for review however all thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

When a book from someone who is well-known for other crafts before their writing career - it is only harder not to be skeptical before going into their novel.

Last time I read a book from a celebrity and their co-author, I was let down.

When Cara announced that she was going to publish a novel, I just knew that I needed to give it a try but I was so sc
Kirstie
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I wanted to love this novel, everything about it made me think it was going to be a great read, but if I am being honest, I wasn't really that impressed. I could tell from the first few pages that I wasn't going to like the novel.

In my opinion, there are two types of YA novel, one that features teenagers but whose writing style is appealing to all ages, and the second that not only features teenagers, but whose writing style completely reflects that of a teenager. Unfortunately for me, Mirror Mi
Cami escobar ✨
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
⭐ 4/5 ⭐

"The sadness and anger sort of fades from her face, and she looks different without it. Almost ugly, almost beautiful. I don’t really know which, and it doesn’t even matter, because either way I can’t stop looking at her. I keep looking until it hurts"

"But I need to be here, because, you see, Rose is more than a person, she is a place where I don’t have to think any more, where I can just be me for a while, and it’s just a relief"

Omg I can’t believe what I just read. It’s insane.
I promise
Trisha
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought-kindle
“I’m a wave, I thought: even when I’m breaking I’m strong.”

I was surprised that I enjoyed this one as much as I did. I actually went into it a little....worried. I'm not reading much YA right now and I was just really curious what this author would write. I was pleasantly surprised - it was actually pretty good.

I liked that it felt realistic - there was slang and swearing and dramas - things that I think are much more realistic for teens to talk and act. I also thought the plot was surprisingly
Romi || Romi Reads
One of the reasons I don't read that much YA anymore is because I'm 23 years old with a steady life and I just don't recognise the teen angst and drama that's being portrayed in most contemporary YA novels. Mirror, Mirror was another one that was filled with rebellious teenagers who drink, do drugs and run away from home. Even when I was a teenager, I did none of these things, but of course I understand that dramatic characters make the most entertaining reads.

Besides the drama I actually enjoy
Dreximgirl
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, the use of real language (seriously the appreciation I have of seeing the phrase 'a fuck ton' used knows no bounds) the storyline was gripping and moving and while sometimes the things that happened were a little convenient I thoroughly liked reading it. I got out way more from reading this than I expected in such a good way and I'm hoping to read more from Cara in the future.

I was sent a review copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest re
Nele
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A really powerful book.
I did have some issues with a few grammar mistakes (hey, first edition), but I loved reading it, reading past my bedtime just to know who did harm Naomi.
We are looking at the story from the viewing point of Red. It's not clear from the beginning if Red is a boy or a girl. This bothered me a bit, but further in the story you get that this might have been done intentionally.
I would love to read more about this group of friends. It might be an idea to write books with the
Sairaah
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enjoyable-reads
Never thought this book will be good, but I really enjoyed it, every single bit of it. It gets better by each chapter.
Didn’t see the ending coming, it was such a surprising plot twist.
I Loved it!

Karen Barber
I’d requested this on NetGalley, been declined, read the reviews and thought that I’d probably got the better deal. Then I needed a book to fit a reading challenge and this fit the bill. This is why public libraries are so vital as then I wouldn’t have had to buy this.
From the off I have to say that this was one of those books that ticked along reasonably, not doing anything particularly unappealing (if you can ignore the shameful focus on sexuality as such a big deal) but it doesn’t really feel
YA Buddy Readers'...: Mirror Mirror by Cara Delevingne and Rowan Coleman - Starting April 5th 2018 14 12 Apr 02, 2018 03:21PM
Book Cover 2 27 Aug 25, 2017 06:14AM

• Joodse buren
  • Rich Man's Fake Fiancee (The Landis Brothers #1; Beachcombers #3; Landis/Renshaw)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1)
  • Totally Tubular
  • Hidden In This School
  • Wij
  • Rachel's Legacy (Horowitz Chronicles, #2)
  • Ik wist het
  • Mijn vader is een vliegtuig
  • The Taste of Blue Light
  • Vallen
  • Later als ik dood ben
  • Twelve Steps to Normal
  • This Beats Perfect (This Beats Perfect #1)
  • Ivanov
  • De poppendokter
  • An Italian Summer
  • Visitors (The Nightmare Room, #12)
“Normal, you see, is whatever you want it to be.” 16 likes
“You look sad, and tired.'
...
'Of course I do, kid, I'm a teenager, it's in my job description. When I get home from school today I'll teach you how to have an existential crisis.”
14 likes