Jump to ratings and reviews

Friendship, Texas #6

Love Like Crazy

Friendship, Texas just got a little bit crazier with gruff Army veteran, Clay Carrington, and Q Ranch heiress Christy Quinn's world's colliding.

Vegas was a trip, and that was an understatement. An understatement I couldn't remember and that included the brunette in my bed.
The words: Clay Carrington and Christy Quinn and holy matrimony staring me in the face.
I came to Vegas to get away, and the bratty owner's daughter of the ranch wanted to come with. I didn't even like the boss's daughter, let alone want to marry her.
I guess things the happened in Vegas had a way of following you home.

**This book is a standalone in a series of standalones taking place in the fictional town of Friendship, Texas. You don't need to read any of the previous books to understand this one***

300 pages

Published June 18, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Magan Vernon

81 books929 followers
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link: http://amzn.to/1Mi23I9

FELL THE VERN (reader group): http://on.fb.me/1lVsZEo

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (4%)
1 star
2 (4%)
Displaying 1 - 27 of 27 reviews
Profile Image for Sofia Lazaridou.
2,734 reviews136 followers
June 19, 2018
There is one thing that drove me crazy and made me rate the book with 2 stars. Christy's entire half of the book was a flashback to the night they got married. Did we really need so many details about that night, when the two of them could have spend a lot more time trying to live as a married couple? In my opinion, we should have skipped all the details about the wedding night (and I am not talking about the good stuff) and used that space to develop a more realistic relationship between the main characters. Since I have read a few of Magan Vernon's other works and I liked them a lot more, I will say that I was surprised to read a book like this one. It kinda felt like a work of a non-experienced author and I don't want to hurt the author by saying that, but that's how I felt. The book is indeed a stand-alone so you can read it and see for yourself.
Profile Image for Jo ReadsRomance.
468 reviews29 followers
June 22, 2018
"Love Like Crazy" was a fun romance that I enjoyed from beginning to end. What I loved the most about this novel was the two main characters. I also liked the story which kept me engrossed with every turn of the page. This was only my second read from Magan Vernon but I will definitely be reading more of this author's work in the future.

"Kissing him was like getting a drink of water after a long hot day,
and I drank up every bit of him, never wanting to let go."

The story of mohawked cowboy, Clay and the boss's daughter, Christy was an enemies-to-lovers kinda read which was filled with entertaining dialogue and sexy and swoony moments. Clay and Christy were brilliant characters, really easy to like and become invested in their relationship. I found myself smiling and chuckling at the development of their romance. How the pair were pretending to not like one other but were secretly lusting over each other. I couldn't wait for this couple to realise their true feelings. I wanted to see Clay and Christy together.

"In this world of everything crazy, you're the one who stands out.
The one who makes me a better me.
The one I can be myself. The one I love.".

If you love a bit of angst and a whole lot of cute romance, this one could be for you.
Profile Image for Andi.
911 reviews
June 13, 2018
Good quick read. I enjoyed Clay & Christy & their very interesting trip to Vegas & the aftermath.
Profile Image for Beyond The Covers Blog.
2,245 reviews79 followers
June 14, 2018
Love Like Crazy is great enemies to lovers’ romance that hits on a war veteran and rich girl who can’t live up to everyone’s expectations.   I loved both the main characters and their interactions with each other but also their interactions with their supporting characters.  Two people who are both crazy in their own sense but once they truly find each other they work well together, and isn’t that something we all want?  I give Love Like Crazy 5 stars

Clay is a former Army soldier now working at the Q ranch.  When he is sent to Vegas to keep an eye on the boss’s horses that are in a rodeo and on the boss’s daughter he knows that it’s going to be the worst trip ever.  Christy is the last person Clay wants to spend any alone time with. Clay wakes up with a ring on his finger, Christy in the bed next to him and a piece of paper saying they are married.  He then realizes everything is on the line; the girl his job, is life.   Now all Clay must do is figure out a way to get Christy to fall in love with him and not lose his job or his mind.

Profile Image for Sara Oxton.
3,268 reviews12 followers
June 12, 2018
Love like Crazy by Magan Vernon a five-star read that you will love even though its crazy. This is a book in the Friendship Texas series, but they are all stand-alone. I have read a few of the series but not all, and they truly are stand-alone, this time it’s the turn of Crazy Colourful Unicorns Clay Carrington and Christy Quinn. They have both been living with a front they show other people, hiding their true selves and not showing themselves to anyone. Can one crazy night in Vegas show them its okay to sparkle and how love comes in all shapes, colours and sizes and that there are many different shades of love from Friendship rose yellow to the deep dark emerald green personally my favourite colour. This was such a great story, I loved how the author showed us that everyone struggles and puts a smile on for the sake of day to day but we don’t know what is running below the surface. Of all of the Friendship Texas books I have read this has been my favourite and not just as I have a soft spot for a Mohawk Cowboy.
1,583 reviews8 followers
June 15, 2018
Magan Vernon is a new to me author, and I very much enjoyed reading this book.
I liked the way this book was set out. Going from past to present seamlessly. Christy and Clay have known each other for quite some time. But they never moved in the same social circles. They try to tell themselves the other is annoying, but really that is just a cover up for their real feelings.
I liked how Clay evolved throughout the book. He started off thinking he wasn't good enough for Christy, but by the end of the story, he knew he was worthy of her.
There is also some great secondary characters that make this book such an enjoyable read. Would definitely read more from this author.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book
Profile Image for Heather andrews.
9,520 reviews148 followers
June 16, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if Christy's head is on straight, I'm not sure why she's complaining that a hot man got naked in front of her, “did you seriously just get naked in front of me? And is there a donkey tattoo on your ***?” There are times Clay just gets his woman, “you know you’re voicing all this ***t out loud instead of in your head, but that’s okay because right now I’m getting us a pay -per-view movie, and we’re going lie here, watch it, and cuddle until we fall asleep.” I liked this book, it was such a fun read.
Profile Image for Lissa Rice.
Author 3 books23 followers
Read
June 12, 2018
**4 Boundless Stars** Full Review and Rating will be up on Boundless Book Reviews
Profile Image for Renee.
3,354 reviews35 followers
June 17, 2018
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Friendship, Texas just got a little bit crazier with gruff Army veteran Clay Carrington, and Q Ranch Heiress Christy Quinns world's colliding. Vegas was a trip and that was an understatement. An understatement I couldn't remember and that included the brunette in my bed. That is until my pounding headache had me getting up for a glass of water and I saw the marriage license on the ground. The worlds Clay Carrinton and Christy Quinn and holy matrimony staring me in the face. I cam to Vegas to get away and the bratty owner's daughter of the ranch wanted to come with. I didn't even like the boss's daughter let alone want to marry her. I guess things that happened in Vegas had a way of following you home.

Love Like Crazy is a quick read that I liked reading. This is a enemies to lovers romance and I kind of have a soft spot for those in my heart. Christy is the rich girl who can not live up to everyone's expectations. Clay is the veteran who never even had a thought in his head of the rich girl. Now he finds himself wanting to get away with her tagging along and suddenly he finds out they are married. Both of these characters have a habit of letting people see what they want to see about them but never showing who they really are. Except with each other. This book does tend to fly by and I thought it could have stood to have been a little longer. This is why it didn't get five stars from me. IF your looking for a quick escape with characters your going to love and who can't stand each other this book is well worth checking out.
Profile Image for Mandi Suddath.
50 reviews
June 21, 2018
I recieved this book as an ARC for an honest review! Slight Spoiler alert Ahead Too! I am a huge fan of the Friendship Tx series by Magan Vernon and I could not wait for this book!! I will admit in the other stories in this series I was not a fan of Christy and was reluctant to want to read her story but then in one of the earlier books you get to know her a little better and realize maybe she isn't so bad after all and want to see where this thing goes. Then there is Clay the amazingly beautiful Mohawked Cowboy that I absolutely wanted to read his story and see how these two came together! I was not suprised one bit when it happened in Vegas! Did I mention I love Clay? I really want to be a Unicorn now too! The book was a quick and fun read although I do wish that there was more to the story and that there was a little more to the ending considering this is to be the end to the series. I wanted a little more to the epilogue, like did they stay together? I mean I get the vibe of a HEA but no real confirmation and wanted more of a tie it all up in a neat little bow kinda ending! I did give it five stars however because it is still an amazing book and everyone should still read it and especially as part of the Friendship TX series. I feel as though I know all these people and I am sad to see them go!!
Profile Image for Bianca.
529 reviews59 followers
July 1, 2018
This was quite possibly one of my favorite enemies to lovers story that I have read in a really long time. Like seriously. I am still smiling over this book. Clay and Christy wake up to find out they became one in holy matrimony. Ummm what?! They would never choose each other for marriage. So how did this happen? And what happens when its time to go home? You will have to read this fun romance to find out! I will say that the chemistry between these two was off the charts! The author’s sense of humor shines through her characters. Their banter was original and refreshing. I found myself laughing out loud several times. I think that the author’s talent lives within the depths of her characters. While the storyline was well executed, the characters made the entire story. If you are a fan of fun and swoony romance, then this is definitely the book for you!

It was a quick read, but very well developed. I found the pacing to be inline with the unfolding of the plot. Magan put her own twist on this trope and I found it to be such a refreshing read. I read it all in one sitting as it was hard to put down. Although this story takes place in the world of Friendship Texas, this can absolutely be read as a standalone. I never felt like I was missing pieces of the story or history of the characters. I definitely need to go back and read more of this series! Well done, Magan!
Profile Image for Linda 🖤 LB Book Blog.
498 reviews16 followers
June 17, 2018
I really, really liked Love Like Crazy. Magan Vernon is a new to me author and I happy to have had there chance to read this book. Love like Crazy is Book 5 I believe in the Friendship, Texas series. It is a stand-alone and you do not had to have read the other books to enjoy this one.

Clay and Christy both work on Q Ranch, which Christy’s family owns. They are in Las Vegas for a convention, much to Clay’s dismay. It seems both find the other annoying and don’t want to spend any more time together that they have to. Or do they? After a crazy, drunken night in Sin City, they wake up in bed together, with a shocking souvenir. Their marriage certificate. They decide to return home to deal with their drunken mistake.

I read this book in one night! I couldn’t put it down. I’ve read drunken marriage books in Vegas before, but this one was different. The characters were unique and I can honestly say I’ve never read a book with a Mohawked cowboy before. Christy comes off as a spoiled, brat but underneath you can see hay things may not always be as they seem.

Since you see glimpses and mentions of characters from previous books, I plan to go back and read the first books.

ARC received for and honest review

Profile Image for J.
2,079 reviews6 followers
April 8, 2020
This is book 5 in Vernon's Friendship, Texas series and can be read as a stand alone. Good thing too 'cause this was my first of this author and this series and I have to say, I really loved this read / listen! A great story line and narration was really well done. Loved the character chemistry and I really enjoyed the dual point of view although it was a little confusing at first in the audio version since it was just Christy's character that was re-living the past and Clay's version was more current day but once you grasped that aspect of it, it was fun to see the way these two viewed the events and each other. Great HEA and again - wonderful characters who come across as so tough to everyone but really have such softness waiting to be exposed. I want to be a crazy unicorn too! I hope this is the first of many reviews I can provide for this author!

This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.
*this review is based on the audio version of this read
Profile Image for Catty Jane.
372 reviews2 followers
June 19, 2018
****4 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

This is a book in a series, and didn’t even realize it until I got to the end of the book. It is a total stand alone, you will not feel lost at all, if this is your first foray into this series. This is also my first time reading a Magan Vernon book, and she is just great. I love a good enemies to lovers story. It is amazing and refreshing reading her take on this trope.

The story and chemistry between Clayton and Christy is so rampant, but the underlying extras, just make the story that much more inviting and interesting. Magan makes her characters funny and smoldering and I can’t wait to read another one in this series.-Review by Catherine(Catty)
Profile Image for Read.Review.Repeat Blog.
4,643 reviews86 followers
June 22, 2018
"Magan Vernon is a new to me author, and I very much enjoyed reading this book.
I liked the way this book was set out. Going from past to present seamlessly. Christy and Clay have know each other for quite some time. But they never moved in the same social circles. They try to tell themselves the other is annoying, but really that is just a cover up for their real feelings.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book "
Profile Image for Juliana Ignácio.
990 reviews2 followers
June 18, 2018
This is another great story from Magan Vernon. It's a funny, easy-to-read story.
I really loved the characters, Clay and Christy are great. The interactions between them were perfect, just like with the other characters.
Clay and Christy go to Las Vegas at a convention, however, one finds the other annoying and they barely stand up. However, after a drunken night, they get married and have to deal with the consequences of their mistakes.
Clay is a very sexy Mohawked cowboy, and Christy seems a spoiled brat, but through the story we can see that not everything is what they seem.
I really loved this story and the characters.
I highly recommend the reading.
Profile Image for Ree.
2,443 reviews44 followers
June 18, 2018
Both Clay & Christy are misfits, social unicorns. Each is showing the world a different face, a facade, afraid to be themselves. At first they rub each other the wrong way, but soon they're wondering if all the snark is just a cover for deeper feelings. Waking up hungover and married isn't the way they planned to end a business trip in Vegas, but what happens when real life intrudes, and they have to return to Friendship, Texas?

This was a quick and crazy read, but I was very intrigued and interested to find out how Christy & Clay's story ended.

I voluntary read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Profile Image for Boundless Book Reviews.
2,242 reviews64 followers
Love Like Crazy is such a sweet romance

Christy hasn’t had an experience with a man, where he genuinely cares about her. And Clay I think he yearns to find someone, someone that could be his match, And that Christy does. They are each other's unicorn. They love like crazy but is there any other way?

I enjoyed this story of Christy and Clay. Two characters that assume so much about each other but realize eventually, that there is so much about each other they didn’t know. I thought it was sweet how they fell into each other, though it wasn’t so sweet how they ended up there. I’ve loved and enjoyed this series, and Vernon creates these very layered characters. That you really want to know.

Overall, I give this Four Boundless Stars.

Profile Image for Petra.
879 reviews
May 17, 2020
This review is based on the audiobook.
At first I was confused by the fact that chapters switched from flashbacks to present time, made it hard to follow sometimes. But after I figured that out, it turned out to be a really lovely story to listen to. Christy and Clay are two people with no clue whatsoever about what to do with their lives. “Two unicorns in a world full of horses.” I loved how they got married and started to know each other from there. But I’m a sucker for the fake marriage trope. I also loved the ending. The story is in dual POV and has an epilogue.
The narrator used a different voice for every different character, which is great.
Profile Image for Gavinsmommaloves2read.
924 reviews6 followers
June 21, 2018
Mohawk cowboy!

Seriously who would not want a cowboy with a Mohawk seriously yummy! This was my first book by this author. Clay is an army get working at the Q ranch. Christy is the bosses daughter and the heir to the ranch and when clay needs to go to Vegas for a convention she comes along. And these two and up getting married. This isn't like other Vegas marriage books and I loved that. I loved this book so much I need the other in this series. This can completely stand alone so you can definitely read it without the other but why would ypu!
Profile Image for The Book Lover.
2,038 reviews27 followers
June 14, 2018
It was too quick and rushed for my liking, I wanted more development from the characters in the present rather than going back and forth between the "night they can't remember" and the present.. I felt like they needed it more chemistry between them and to interact more than what they did.
Profile Image for Aimee.
331 reviews25 followers
June 28, 2018
Great short read. Tho I was hoping of something more. Like how it started on how they fell in love, more of Christy’s now thoughts on the situation or something like that.
Profile Image for Jena Stelly.
184 reviews3 followers
September 23, 2018
Love like Crazy was very entertaining. I enjoyed the bantering between Clay and Chrissy. This was a quick fun
read.
Profile Image for Virna.
3,060 reviews4 followers
August 7, 2019
I enjoy the story, but is a bit short and characters were good.
Profile Image for QuinnReads.
2,700 reviews103 followers
April 12, 2020
Audio - The story was decent. A bit slow in places and then when it was getting good, it would cut away. The narrator did a good job. I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of this audiobook.
1,176 reviews4 followers
May 21, 2020
Oh My Gosh! I chuckled all throughout this book. So funny. Such adorable characters. Two people who thought they didn't like each other. Then finally realized maybe they did. Even the dog was a klutz! I recommend this book for some good ol' hometown chuckling!
The narrator portrayed a good attitude for this book.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this bo
Profile Image for Darnell MR Hart.
427 reviews6 followers
June 18, 2018
Ms. Vernon had me laughing from page one to the end.  Clay and Christy are the funniest duo. They have a serious ying yang pull for each other that leads to some serious craziness.
Displaying 1 - 27 of 27 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.