Start by marking “Monster (Animal, #2)” as Want to Read:
Monster (Animal, #2)

Monster (Animal #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  418 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
“Because I came from you, does that mean I’m capable of killing? That I’ll be addicted to blood? That I’ll get off on torturing people?”

The kid had questions.
I didn’t blame him.
He’d only heard one side, and it wasn’t mine.

“Why did you hate my mother?”

Now, that was a story worth telling.
But, to do that, I had to bring the kid back to the very beginning.
When the killing and
ebook
Published October 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4.5 For Everyone You Hurt Stars

photo shankcell1_zps0r8v8z3e.gif

So we start this twisted tale with Shank in prison which threw me a little but not for long. I kinda wish I'd read the last couple of chapters of Animal again to refresh my memory as it's been awhile since I read it.

Anyway, we learn more about Shank and how he and Beard came to be best friends. Shank is one messed up motherf#$^@r, he is obsessed with blood and if you have a queasy stomach around blood I think this one might not be for you as some of the things he
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marni is a conundrum. A shy , introvert looking sweet woman, the kind boys take home to mommy on second date.....until she opens her brain box and out fly these characters !!!
Beard ! Huck ! Toy ! Shank !!!!!!!!!
She apparently ate starburst when she created shank ( I asked) .I'm never eating starburst..ever !!!!!
The book starts with Shank being questioned by Huck (?) What do you know about his mom or why did shank treat her and him so.
"description
My..oh...My... The story is worth telling , and worth readin
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Monster
By: Marni Mann
4.5 Stars

First things first…
Monster is a follow-up to Animal. Animal must be read first.

*WARNING*

If you can pass the above requirements, then you are good to go!! Proceed very slowly reading this book. This story needs 100% concentration, every word, devoured with complete dedication.
Monster is a web spun
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*WARNING* Monster is an extremely dark novel. There are strong sexual themes, drug usage, physical and sexual abuse, and torture that could trigger and/or cause emotional suffering. You need to heed this warning because this author has gone that much darker in this book than Animal so be prepared. Some scenes are hard to read.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This review is going to be as vague as I can make it only because you need to go into this blind to enjoy it how it's mean't to be read.

MONSTER: Is BOOK#2 within th
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Now Live!!

Amazon:http://amzn.to/2jfu0Ln

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“I don’t want you to break me. I want you to fix me”.

If you’re like me, then this book has been on your most highly anticipated list and you were counting down the days until it’s release. Fortunately for me, I had the pleasure of reading this one a bit early and let me tell you, if you thought you had it all figured out in “Animal” you’re going to be in for one hell of a rude awakening.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
There are some people that are just born to be evil and Shank
Elizabeth
★4.5 Stars★
"I'd just learned that love couldn't save us."
description

Monster is the second book in the Animal Series. A spin-off from Prisoned, each book must be read in order. Monster offers another trip down the twisted dark side.

"I was alone in here."
Shank has always been a mystery. With an uninhibited loyalty to his "brothers" and a twisted addiction to blood, he has always maintained order through his work at the prison and his relationships with his inner circle. When his life is turned upside d
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo 24132533_zpsrurjzmbv.jpg

WARNING!!! Monster is an extremely dark & twisted novel.
Strong sexual themes, scenes of physical & sexual abuse, Drug use, & torture are abundant here.
Please do not take this author's warning lightly.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟STARS
I Picked up "Monster"(Animal, #2) practically as soon as I'd finished "Animal" and straight away I was plunged back into the world of confusion I've now come to expect from Marni Mann.
This lady has such a distinct way of telling a story misdirection should be her middle name
warhawke
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dark souls
Genre: Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Book 2 of Animal series
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Shank had a natural hunger for blood. As a guard at his special prison, he had endless supply of it. But now everything changed. Someone wanted to learn about him and his past, and he was more than willing to reveal the monster within.

I absolutely love Shank in book 1. I have a thing for unapologetically sick characters lol! He had a certain need and I love that he never restrained himself.

“I don’t want
CC
description

Shank is a man with unique tastes. Operating underground for years, his life has taken a different turn leaving him with few options. During this time, Shank is asked about his story and shares his experiences without any edits. Getting into Shank’s mind is disturbingly honest and while there is madness, there is also a level of acumen steeped in darkness.

“In his mind, nothing was off-limits.”

Someone is seeking answers with the knowledge that it will be complicated and horrific, yet there is
Lo Bookfrantic
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-br, arc-review-ng

3.5★★★Stars

Genre:  Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Book 2 of Animal series
POV: First Person - Multiple

Monster 1.jpg

In this book we get to see two separate stories; it goes from past and present and I found myself enjoying the past a lot more.  I found the past was darker than the present; at least that's what it seemed to me. We basically get a feel of exactly how dark Shank is.  His "Monster" side comes out and he does not hold back on details.

“Cum floated, and I wanted to watch mine swim across her b
✰ D r i ✰
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
4,5 OMG stars!!!

What happened here?!
Que livro foda!

Confesso que estava com um certo receio de ler esse, porque mesmo ficando curiosa com o final de “Animal”, tinha minhas suspeitas se esse livro seria tão bom quanto o anterior... (sim, pra entender essa história você tem que ler Animal primeiro senão não terá sentido nenhum e não entenderá muita coisa.)

E puta merda, que bom que eu li!!!!!
A inteligência da autora foi de outro planeta! Que caminhada foi essa história!
Shank é um personagem úni
Jean
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Holy crap! What did I just read?!? I thought Prisoned and Animal were dark and f'd up, but this book is the epitome of dark and f'd up! And ummm yeah, I loved it!

It's like that train wreck you can't look away from! I can't really talk about the book without spoilers so just know this is Shank's story, and oh my what a story. What a twisted web of craziness!!!!!

This series must be read in order and warning, there are many, many triggers and scenarios which may make you uncomfortable!!!!

Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Good God. I need to catch my breath. What the heck did I just read?! I have loved this series from the beginning with Prisoner, had my mind blown with Animal and honestly I'm speechless after Monster. What a compete and utter psychotic masterpiece. I really don't even know what to say. This book was epic. Just when you think you know what's going on, you really have no idea. This series is genius and is such a perfect example of a dark and twisted mindgame from the very first book. Gahh! I could ...more
Damjana
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.50

I loved first book and I loved Beard and Tyler in that first book. I was expecting totally diferent development in second book. First I didn't like the direction where it went, but it is sooo absurd story you just must love it. I liked ending too, it was perfect.

If you are into bizzare, monstrous, extreme stories you should read it.
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: October 12, 2017
Genre: Dark Romance

Unfortunately, this book did nothing for me. I didn't enjoy it all. I found it to be strange, disturbing, confusing, and frankly sick. There was way too much going on, the stories and how they intertwined between the 4 POV's were made my mind all mushy (seriously, to say I was confused especially at the end would be an understatement), and the character interactions were so unrealistic that I nearly laughed the whole way through. I am not sayi
Betul
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, dark, romance, reviewed
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"So, I rewound my thoughts to when I was twelve. To when I'd killed for the first time."

Let me start by saying that Marni Mann writes dark novels like no other. I am used to anti-heroes and villains, but Marni always takes it a step further and gives monsters the main stage. This book focuses on Shank, who is one crazy and twisted individual. There is no doubt that he is a monster and just evil. I usually love villains or anti-heroes in books, but
Di Covey
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Sexy & Sick Stars!

You'd have to read it to believe it.
This series is filled with disgusting, depraved, mind messery. But, dang, the moments of sexy are heart-racing. I had no idea what to expect from this book. First of all, make sure to read Animal first, this duet needs all your brain function. Because it's going to chew you up and spit you out. For reals.

Monster concludes with devious delight, a clean cut to your throat type of surprise. I opened this book with antipication and closed
MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
PDL's Rating: 5 ' Twistedly Disturbed ' Punches (Loved)

OH. MY. FUCK.

I honestly do not even know where or how to start reviewing Monster! It’s absolutely INFUCKINGSANE!! If you have not read Animal (book 1 of this duet), please go and read it now so you can be prepared for Monster. Since I have NO CLUE on how to even write this review without giving away bits and pieces of information that may help you figure things out quicker and spoil it for you. I am just going to jot my thoughts and feelings
Kim BookJunkie
THE BEST DARK EROTICA BOOK I’VE EVER READ (aside from ANIMAL)!!!!

While reading MONSTER, I couldn’t put it down while simultaneously trying not to read it too quickly in an attempt to savor every delectable word. When I finished MONSTER, my head felt like it was literally spinning and now, 24 hours after finishing it, I still can’t stop thinking about what I read! MONSTER is a powerful, moving, shocking, mind-fu

Anyone can write a pitch-black dark story but it was obvious that the plot in MONSTER
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 For Everyone You Hurt Stars

photo shankcell1_zps0r8v8z3e.gif

Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
Yes! Yes! Yessssssss! Now this is what I’m talking about! Who gives a flying flip about perception and feelings? Shoot straight from the hip! Straight. No Chaser.

Shank is DA MAN! He’s not interest in impressing anyone. Least of all The Kid. You ask a question and you’re getting an answer and then some with Shank!

I would advise before you enter Shank’s world you heed the warnings, read the reviews, and leave your feelings and opinions at the DOOR! You’re about to enter Shank’s world. He doesn’t
Janja
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A much more fluid story, but also much more grotesque and brutal. The end of the story offers tremendous questions but on the answers will need to wait...
Lori
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is a reason why I refer to Marni Mann as my Dark Queen and with Monster she earns her crown once again.
HOLY CRAP! this book is dark and full of twisted depravity and I loved every word of it.
Shank is deranged and has an insatiable thirst for blood, he is what nightmares are made of. What we saw of him in Animal is nothing compared to what we see in this book. Marni Mann is a mastermind! Her words captivate and her characters will haunt you. This book brilliantly weaves the to the answers
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Yesss…I have been waiting on Monster ever since I read Animal!!! Sooo yess my Dark loven friends..you do need to read Animal first before moving onto Monster!! Anddd here is your warning from the Author below as well..

*WARNING*

Sooo if you can get past this Warning…Gooo pick up this book right now!!

Yupp Monster is super Dark!!!
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star-2017
Monster (Animal #2) by Marni Mann
4.5 stars!!!

“I don’t want to be you. I won’t ever be you.”

Marni Mann does sick and twisted like no other and she really delved deep into her deliciously dark psyche to conjure up this insane journey that she takes great pleasure in taking the reader on. Animal was the first book in this series, and while that shows just how capable she is, it seems we only saw the tip of the ice berg when it came to Shank. Suspenseful, cringe inducing at times (in the best wa
Natalie M
No clue what to say about Monster, other than I’m a complete and utter mess. This book was so good! It was very sick and twisted but I couldn’t put it down. There were so many aspects that I never saw coming and it made for such a riveting read! I LOVE Huck.... that’s all I can really say with certainty. Other than that, I’m still trying to wrap my head around what I just read.
Konny
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Monster by Marni Mann is the second installment in the Animal Series. Monster is not a standalone, you must read Animal first.

*WARNING*
Monster is an extremely dark novel. There are strong sexual themes, drug usage, physical and sexual abuse, and torture that could trigger and/or cause emotional suffering. - the author.
Please do NOT take this warning lightly!
Monster is excactly like Marni Mann described in her warning.
Shank is imprisoned and has to atune for his crimes. But hes dark-sick just li
Paula D
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marni Mann has officially twisted me up and shown me how dark and crazy a story can be. Read Prison first everything will make more sense if you do. This book is very hard to review without giving anything away so I’m gonna tell you my feelings. From the first page I was curious and intrigued into Shanks world. Shank I can say hands down is the most craziest, psychopath I’ve ever read and I loved every single page so much I read it straight thru. Plus two romances in this book so it’s a whirlwin ...more
Maria Angie Mendoza
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
D-A-R-K!!
This devilishly delicious read is not a standalone!
Animal MUST be read first.
Shank is a monster and this is his story. The title is very appropriate for what you're about to read!
You've been warned!
That said... fasten your seatbelt and prepare yourself for more intensity, and blissful jaw dropping "mindf@$kerygasm"!
This suspenseful and thrilling story is full of twists and turns with clues that made the story more exciting to figure out.
Bestselling author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Marni was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotions. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida, with her husban ...more
More about Marni Mann

Animal (2 books)
  • Animal (Animal, #1)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• A Quiet Life In The Country (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #1)
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Deliver Her
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter, #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Rain Girl (Franza Oberwieser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Shuddering
  • The Unseeing
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The 7th Canon
  • The Sisterhood
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bum Rap (Jake Lassiter #10)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Question of Inheritance (A Very English Mystery #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Good Neighbor
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Cater Street Hangman (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shark Skin Suite (Serge Storms #18)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Free Fall (The John Ceepak Mysteries)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Interference
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In The Market For Murder (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beggar King (The Hangman's Daughter, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Poisoned Pilgrim (The Hangman's Daughter, #4)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • End of Secrets
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Sun Storm (Rebecka Martinsson, #1)
  • Only the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Eagle Has Landed (The Liam Devlin Novels)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Waltz (Alex Delaware, #7)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The God's Eye View
  • What She Knew
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Werewolf of Bamberg (The Hangman's Daughter, # 5)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The 7th Victim: A Novel: Volume 1 (The Karen Vail Novels)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shattered Tree (Bess Crawford, #8)
  • The Dante Club