Start by marking “The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)

The Negotiator

(Harbor City #1)

Wanted: Personal Buffer

Often snarly, workaholic executive seeks “buffer” from annoying outside distractions AKA people. Free spirits with personal boundary issues, excessive quirks, or general squeamishness need not apply. Salary negotiable. Confidentiality required.

Workaholic billionaire Sawyer Carlyle may have joked he needed a “buffer” from their marriage-obsessed mom,
Published April 24th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Contemporary)

To ask other readers questions about The Negotiator, please sign up.
PetraEva Well ladies, my guess is that the model is Kamil Nizinski or at least looks like him :)…moreWell ladies, my guess is that the model is Kamil Nizinski or at least looks like him :) (less)

Start your review of The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)
Claire Robinson
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entangled
4 - "You're you and I'm me..." Stars!

Hang on to your knickers ladies, the Carlyle brothers are in town, and boy do they know how to endear themselves to you.

Although The Negotiator gives us Sawyer’s story, I was just as intrigued by Hudson, and will say straight off the bat that I hope the author has his story in the pipeline especially after the little tease she left us dangling with in the epilogue for this story.

"I never would have guessed you didn’t have any experience working with your
Beth
A rich brotherly prank between the Carlyle family, leads to the free-spirited Clover Lee to apply for a position as Sawyer Carlyle buffer between himself and his mother. Sawyer’s mother has plans to get him married off and is throwing every socialite she can find at him. While Sawyer just want to focus on business and growing his family’s legacy.

Appearing as complete opposites, the chemistry between Sawyer and Clover makes for highly entertaining reading. Not only are Clover quirks laugh out
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Oh boy … did the negotiator suck. NO, NOT THE BOOK, the negotiator himself. He was out-witted, out-talked and, definitely, out-maneuvered by one hell of a smart, sexy and funny woman. Sawyer Carlyle met his match when he met Clover Lee and she let him know it every chance she got.

I loved this story … I laughed, cursed and then laughed some more as the story unfolded. Jane “Clover” Lee was magnificent. Sawyer Carlyle was an ass. But, when they got together and negotiated the terms of their
Astrila
May 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The book synopsis seemed promising but the book was anything but it.

First, the author attempted to seem worldly in her knowledge of other countries/languages but failed. Singapore for instance is a first world country with English being the language of instruction in the country. Yes we do speak other languages but English is the first language of most people. If you've got an education in Singapore, you would know that it is all in English other than if you were learning a foreign language
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️
I don't have much of a review in me for this.
I was kinda disappointed.
It felt like a big, that's it? more than anything.

For a book that's called, The Negotiator, there wasn't a lot of negotiating. Sad, cause that was my favourite part of the entire book. Clover outsmarting and beating Sawyer at his own game.
Apart from the masterful negotiating it was pretty run of the mill really, I did like that final proposal though, kinda daring. xD

Ah yes. The steam was high in this one. :P
Not sure if
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Negotiator' by Avery Flynn. This is the story of Jane "Clover" Lee and Sawyer Carlyle.
Clover has applied for the job of 'buffer' that Sawyer's brother put in the paper. Clover likes to be independent and doesn't want a permanent job. So with those two things she has ended up doing a lot of odd jobs like a 'snake milker'. So Clover thinks this will be the next new experience for her.
Sawyer is the oldest son of a very large business that is family owned. His father has died about three
Rejane
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as not-interested
The ignorance of some...
Great review here. And I sympathize with her. I've seen many times my language and country being completely wrong portrayed with ridiculous translation and wrong information.

Chan
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was okay. It wasn’t an “I have to know what happens next” kind of story, but it wasn’t horrible. It had moments that were good, but the pacing of the story was off. There was ‘dead air’ moments and it needed something to keep the readers intrigued. Also, some of the angst was too fabricated and fell flat.

It had a good start and I liked the quirkiness of Clover. It was a nice quick read. It was enjoyable.
☕️Kimberly
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caffeinated Dates with The Negotiator

First Date:I loved how our first date began and right away I adored, quirky, activist and adventurer Jane "Clover" Lee. Sawyers Mom has decided he needs to be wed and has been driving him crazy with aparade ofpotentialpartners. Mrs. Carlye is a force and Sawyer's younger brother unbeknownst to him decides to help him out by running an ad for a personal buffer. The set up is hilarious and how Clover got the job had me grinning and settling in.

Second Date:
Beanimous
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF 13%.

This is one of those superficial books that is all about the superficial. Good looking rich powerful hero that looks good on paper, whom is arrogant, conceited, self-important and weak. (I mean, he is a grown men who needs a female to run interference with his mum......hand packed much? Sorry, a Mummy's boy gets all the disdain from me.)

Flaky heroine whom is weak, inconsistent and insecure.

I understand this is fiction, but I find it annoying when the plots doesn't make logical sense,
Syndi
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
So so reading. I was hoping for more sassy from Clover. More free spirited. I want more flirty banter, more steam on the sex. And Sawyer as a tough negotiator seems always lose on everything. Even with his mother.

And i think the author not done a thorough research on the countries mention on the book.

Overal this is OK read.

3 stars
Alla
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this one.
I listened to the audio version of it and the narrator did a good job, I enjoyed it.
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
The Negotiator kept me company with laughter and steam on my way to and from work. Fun, hot and feisty, it kept things light.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
The Negotiator helped me laugh while commuting - which is not that frequent an occurrence really. I leave the house before it's light out, and arrive very early at work to prepare things. Getting prepared with Sawyer and Clover made everything lighter.

Because his mom was always setting him up with
MsChris1161
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, reviewed, own, netgalley
I thoroughly enjoyed THE NEGOTIATOR by Avery Flynn and highly recommend it. The premise, is basically the fake engagement (so the busy workaholic billionaire can avoid his mother's marriage traps) where two people who seem opposite in every way are perfect for one another and eventually find their unexpected HEA.

Sawyer Carlyle is the oldest son who feels the full weight of the responsibility of his family and of his family's business after his father's recent and unexpected passing. His mother
C
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5
Safe read
I really enjoyed this book!!

-Great build up from connection >Lust >Love
-H not a man whore
-neither are virgins
-No ow Drama
-push and pull
-h was fantastic! Super funny and kept H on his toes
-loved how the mother was so set against her then 100% on her side
-h was sassy and tough!
-HEA with epilogue ( but I wanted more!!)

Christy Bailey
Good read

Good storyline with some laugh out loud moments. This book seemed to drag on a bit towards the end but it was still a good read
Els
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely feel good story.
Juanita
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a story with bantering
Irene

The Negotiator was such a good read.
I loved the storyline, the characters Sawyer and Clover were fun, sweet, quirky, passionate and watching their relationship develop kept me turning the pages, loved them!

description

Sawyer and Clover were both such wonderful and entertaining characters.
They made me laugh, they made me sad, they touched my soul with their honesty and heart and they frustrated me with their stubbornness.
These two were total opposites but the more time they spent together the more
Liz
Fake fiance, billionaire, CEO romance + free-spirited, globe-trotting confident heroine = funny, drama-filled, lust-driven story

No shy virgins
No manwhore (even though he does talk a big game)
Ok epilogue
Shayna
New to me author, Avery Flynn blew me away with her latest release, THE NEGOTIATOR. This was such a FUN, ENTERTAINING, and SEXY read! I was surprised how quickly I fell for Sawyer and Clover. Two VERY different personalities coming together and developing something truly special. This was truly some unputdownable goodness!

"Sawyer Carlyle, are you trying to flatter your way into my panties?"

"Are you even wearing any?"
Quick wit, hilarious banter, and sizzling hot chemistry made this a romance
Maddy's Reading
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I was looking forward to reading this book coz the blurb had me hooked and I was not disappointed!!
Clover Lee is a free bird. She loves traveling around the world with no strings attached. When she's hired by Sawyer to act as a buffer between him and his marriage-focused mother, it's just a job financing her upcoming trip to Australia.
By evening though, she's his fake fiancé. I love these tropes. Well they are scorching hot together but so wildly different as people. Can they overcome their
Elizabeth Neal
Sawyer, and his younger brother, Hudson, are relieved to see their Mom has begun to act like her normal self again after mourning their Dad. Unfortunately, her new focus is finding Sawyer a wife, and she has no qualms completely hijacking him whenever possible with candidates. Hudson, through his laughter, decides to act on a drunken statement of Sawyer's and places an ad for a buffer. Yeah, that sounds kinky LOL, but it's literal. The new employee can stop the brigade of boring women, and ...more
Elaine
This is a laugh out loud, sweet romance which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Sawyer Carlyle is a workaholic billionaire whose mother is determined to have married to one of the young ladies she keeps introducing him to. He loves his Mum but struggles to get her to let him lead his life how he wants - and preferably without all the potential bridal candidates she keeps presenting to him. His brother advertises for someone to act as a buffer, someone to prevent those endeavouring to distract him from his
Nicole P
This is my first book by Avery Flynn, and I enjoyed every minute of it. She's definitely going to become an automatic one-click author for me. Sawyer Carlyle, workaholic billionaire, is perfectly content in his I-see-the-bigger-picture life. Unfortunately his mother has gotten it into her head that her oldest son needs a wife. So she sends a steady parade of potential socialite candidates his way. He dodges and dives but nothing seems to deter his Mom until a joke ad placed by his younger ...more
Jessica Alcazar
um ... so this was cute but .... I couldn't connect with the story.

plus ... the whole foreign language turrets thing was distracting, and I didn't see the point.
I mean the girl just spewed random foreign words out of her mouth at random times and none it made sense to me.
also ... a little research on the whole what language foreign countries actually speak wouldn't hurt before you write that into a story.

spoiler alert: Malay is NOT the main language of Singapore so why would it be useful in
Thenia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The opposites-attract story of two emotionally constipated people who finally get out of their own way and let themselves be happy.

Sawyer, a man whose whole life revolves around his job, has no intention of settling down with one of the many women his mother is trying to set him up with. He also has no intention of doing what his brother suggests and hiring a "buffer" between him and his mother.

He changes his mind, however, when Clover, a "free spirit" whose life consists of short-term
Deborah G.
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
After the death of his father, Sawyer, 32 is now running the family business. Born into a very affluent family, his mother who is quite snobbish, earnestly parades potential wife candidates through his workplace, hoping one will capture his interest. Known as a hard & winning negotiator, Sawyer doesn't seem to have the heart or the strength to turn his mother away.
Answering an ad for a `buffer`, in walks Clover Lee who has absolutely no trouble sending his mother on her agitated way. Sawyer
Bea
This book is truth in advertising, it really is a hot romantic comedy. It's sexy, steamy, yet sweet and funny. It was my first Avery Flynn story but it won't be my last. "The Negotiator" was a fun, fast read that also had a serious side, dealing with family expectations and how adult children view and interact with their parents, or as Clover puts it, dealing with "serious mommy issues".

Clover and Sawyer are opposites in some ways and similar in others. They both love negotiating, not just big
Heather andrews
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved the lady balls Clover had, she didn't take crap from anyone especially Sawyer, “don’t complain about what I wear,” she said, her voice tight and a little higher than normal. “It’s not like most people who specialize in temp jobs have closets full of ball gowns and formal dresses.” I liked that Clover could drive Sawyer crazy, “eff this.” He pushed back from his desk and strode to the door. This was his house. He could tell her to be silent. Order her, really. He was the boss." I

• Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Fluffy
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Duke of Manhattan (The Royals Collection, #3)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Just My Type
  • Shacking Up (Shacking Up, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Junk Mail
  • Catastrophe Queen
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)

Harbor City (3 books)
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
  • The Schemer (Harbor City, #3)
“Now it's my turn to give you advice." The tightened his grip, eliminating any doubt about whether he was as ready for this as she was. "Any time you're talking about having hot, dirty sex that makes you come so hard your whole world turns neon, the last thing you want to bring into the conversation is the word 'little'".” 2 likes
“saying Daphne was a worrywart was like saying soccer players’ legs were a thing of jaw-dropping, panty-melting goodness. It was just a fact of life.” 1 likes