Start by marking “The Negotiator” as Want to Read:
The Negotiator

The Negotiator

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1,171 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
Wanted: Personal Buffer

Often snarly, workaholic executive seeks “buffer” from annoying outside distractions AKA people. Free spirits with personal boundary issues, excessive quirks, or general squeamishness need not apply. Salary negotiable. Confidentiality required.

Workaholic billionaire Sawyer Carlyle may have joked he needed a “buffer” from their marriage-obsessed mom,
Published April 24th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Contemporary)

Claire Robinson
Apr 24, 2017 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entangled
4 - "You're you and I'm me..." Stars!

Hang on to your knickers ladies, the Carlyle brothers are in town, and boy do they know how to endear themselves to you.

Although The Negotiator gives us Sawyer’s story, I was just as intrigued by Hudson, and will say straight off the bat that I hope the author has his story in the pipeline especially after the little tease she left us dangling with in the epilogue for this story.

"I never would have guessed you didn’t have any experience working with your han
Beth
A rich brotherly prank between the Carlyle family, leads to the free-spirited Clover Lee to apply for a position as Sawyer Carlyle buffer between himself and his mother. Sawyer’s mother has plans to get him married off and is throwing every socialite she can find at him. While Sawyer just want to focus on business and growing his family’s legacy.

Appearing as complete opposites, the chemistry between Sawyer and Clover makes for highly entertaining reading. Not only are Clover quirks laugh out lou
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Oh boy … did the negotiator suck. NO, NOT THE BOOK, the negotiator himself. He was out-witted, out-talked and, definitely, out-maneuvered by one hell of a smart, sexy and funny woman. Sawyer Carlyle met his match when he met Clover Lee and she let him know it every chance she got.

I loved this story … I laughed, cursed and then laughed some more as the story unfolded. Jane “Clover” Lee was magnificent. Sawyer Carlyle was an ass. But, when they got together and negotiated the terms of their agreem
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Negotiator' by Avery Flynn. This is the story of Jane "Clover" Lee and Sawyer Carlyle.
Clover has applied for the job of 'buffer' that Sawyer's brother put in the paper. Clover likes to be independent and doesn't want a permanent job. So with those two things she has ended up doing a lot of odd jobs like a 'snake milker'. So Clover thinks this will be the next new experience for her.
Sawyer is the oldest son of a very large business that is family owned. His father has died about three year
Kimberly
Apr 09, 2017 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Caffeinated Dates with The Negotiator

First Date: I loved how our first date began and right away I adored, quirky, activist and adventurer Jane "Clover" Lee. Sawyers Mom has decided he needs to be wed and has been driving him crazy with a parade of potential partners. Mrs. Carlye is a force and Sawyer's younger brother unbeknownst to him decides to help him out by running an ad for a personal buffer. The set up is hilarious and how Clover got the job had me grinning and settling in.

Second Da
MsChris1161
Apr 13, 2017 MsChris1161 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed
I thoroughly enjoyed THE NEGOTIATOR by Avery Flynn and highly recommend it. The premise, is basically the fake engagement (so the busy workaholic billionaire can avoid his mother's marriage traps) where two people who seem opposite in every way are perfect for one another and eventually find their unexpected HEA.

Sawyer Carlyle is the oldest son who feels the full weight of the responsibility of his family and of his family's business after his father's recent and unexpected passing. His mother
Irene

The Negotiator was such a good read.
I loved the storyline, the characters Sawyer and Clover were fun, sweet, quirky, passionate and watching their relationship develop kept me turning the pages, loved them!

description

Sawyer and Clover were both such wonderful and entertaining characters.
They made me laugh, they made me sad, they touched my soul with their honesty and heart and they frustrated me with their stubbornness.
These two were total opposites but the more time they spent together the more
Shayna
New to me author, Avery Flynn blew me away with her latest release, THE NEGOTIATOR. This was such a FUN, ENTERTAINING, and SEXY read! I was surprised how quickly I fell for Sawyer and Clover. Two VERY different personalities coming together and developing something truly special. This was truly some unputdownable goodness!

"Sawyer Carlyle, are you trying to flatter your way into my panties?"

"Are you even wearing any?"
Quick wit, hilarious banter, and sizzling hot chemistry made this a romance y
Elaine
This is a laugh out loud, sweet romance which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Sawyer Carlyle is a workaholic billionaire whose mother is determined to have married to one of the young ladies she keeps introducing him to. He loves his Mum but struggles to get her to let him lead his life how he wants - and preferably without all the potential bridal candidates she keeps presenting to him. His brother advertises for someone to act as a buffer, someone to prevent those endeavouring to distract him from his w
Bea
This book is truth in advertising, it really is a hot romantic comedy. It's sexy, steamy, yet sweet and funny. It was my first Avery Flynn story but it won't be my last. "The Negotiator" was a fun, fast read that also had a serious side, dealing with family expectations and how adult children view and interact with their parents, or as Clover puts it, dealing with "serious mommy issues".

Clover and Sawyer are opposites in some ways and similar in others. They both love negotiating, not just big b
Heather andrews
Apr 05, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing

I loved the lady balls Clover had, she didn't take crap from anyone especially Sawyer, “don’t complain about what I wear,” she said, her voice tight and a little higher than normal. “It’s not like most people who specialize in temp jobs have closets full of ball gowns and formal dresses.” I liked that Clover could drive Sawyer crazy, “eff this.” He pushed back from his desk and strode to the door. This was his house. He could tell her to be silent. Order her, really. He was the boss." I absolute
Maddy's Reading
Apr 26, 2017 Maddy's Reading rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I was looking forward to reading this book coz the blurb had me hooked and I was not disappointed!!
Clover Lee is a free bird. She loves traveling around the world with no strings attached. When she's hired by Sawyer to act as a buffer between him and his marriage-focused mother, it's just a job financing her upcoming trip to Australia.
By evening though, she's his fake fiancé. I love these tropes. Well they are scorching hot together but so wildly different as people. Can they overcome their ide
Dísir
A workaholic billionaire needs to keep his mother off his heels, especially when the search for a wife gets tiring, tedious and damn inconvenient. The solution? A personal buffer, an off-the-cuff job ad that brings the unlikeliest of candidates to his office and into his life, in an effort to throw off the women his snooty mother keeps shoving at him.

From a personal buffer (sounds like a flaky job opening I’d probably apply for after losing my life’s calling) to a hurried, fake engagement, Clov
Rachel
Apr 11, 2017 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Avery Flynn kicks of a new series with The Negotiator and if you are looking for a book with the perfect amount of fun, steam and romance then look no further because this is the book for you.

I fully admit to devouring this book twice since I got it and I’m fighting the urge to pick it and read it again, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book. So much so I’m having trouble writing this review because I don’t think I can do it justice.

The Negotiator is so much fun to read that it should come with a warn
Elizabeth
Apr 23, 2017 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, eram, arc
This was a cute take on the "fake relationship" trope.
Sawyer works way too much and is more than a little clueless when it comes to women. He desperately wants to avoid the set ups his mother keeps creating for him and his brother "helps" by posting an add for a "personal buffer" and screens the candidates - all men and 1 Clover Lee.
I enjoyed these two together! Clover helped bring Sawyer out of his workaholic world and show him there could be more to life at the same time he showed h
Yamina
Apr 26, 2017 Yamina rated it really liked it
“ Everyone knows I’m not a man who waits when I’ve decided what I want”

I really enjoyed reading The Negotiator . Sawyer and Clover were fantastic, endearing and entertaining!

Sawyer is a successful business man who is fierce and gets always what he wants. However, he has one weakness… his mum.
His mum is desperate to find him the perfect fiancée, despite the fact that Sawyer has no interest at all. His brother Hudson decides to find a buffer for him.Clover applies and immediately clicks with S
Flo Grugel
Apr 27, 2017 Flo Grugel rated it really liked it
Fun and Easy read with a sweet ending.
Vivi
Apr 24, 2017 Vivi rated it it was amazing
"This story is, hand on heart, the most enjoyable, majorly sweet, breathtakingly beautiful love story, YOU must read!"

I was provided with an Advanced ARC copy for exchange of my honest review. Thank you so much for the chance.

Who said that the "our rest of forever" isn't negotiable? Well, of course it is! Both sides, I mean the man and woman side, came from two different, independent individuals. Each one wants, needs, dreams a kind of life the other one might never considered into them dream li
Donna
Apr 16, 2017 Donna rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Avery Flynn and I received this book in exchange for a honest review.

Advert:

Wanted: Personal Buffer

A very often snarly, crazy, workaholic executive seeks a “buffer” from all very crazy and annoying outside distractions; for example people. All free spirits with very personal boundary issues, total excessive quirks, or even general squeamishness had need not apply. The salary can be negotiable. Confidentiality required at all times.

Meet workaholic billionaire Sawyer Carlyle
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
It all begins with a prank by his brother and brings together two very opposite people in an unlikely relationship.

Sawyer Carlyle lives and breathes the family business and has since he could walk and his mother's schemes to get him married off are becoming unbearable, but with the recent loss of his father it's difficult for him to tell her off strongly and risk hurting her. Enter his younger brother with what starts as a prank but ends up being the answer to Sawyer's prayer.

Clover Lee enjoys
Kimberly Cermak
Apr 21, 2017 Kimberly Cermak rated it really liked it
Let’s just start with the cover, shall we?!? Wow...that alone is worth the price of admission :)

Avery Flynn, I’m not quite sure why I had not read any of your books until now, but I promise you, if the rest of your books are anything like The Negotiator, you have a new fan.

After the death of his father, Sawyer Carlyle is drowning with the responsibility of his family and their business. Sawyer’s mother plans to get him married off sooner than later and is throwing socialites at him left and righ
books are love
Apr 25, 2017 books are love rated it really liked it
received in exchange for a honest review.

Overall a fun sassy book. We see a lot of trying to prove to ourselves we are not like our parents and trying not to be them.

That is Clover. She tries so hard to be the exact opposite of her mom that she loses sight of who her mom is and what her mom feels. She doesn’t see her mom really. It takes Sawyer for her to realize things. He helps her see there is more to finding a purpose than just traveling. He shows her you can be rooted and still have advent
Bette Hansen
Apr 14, 2017 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
LOVED this one!! It's fun, witty, and sexy good. The overall premise is great but the characters make this one memorable. Clover is my new favorite female character!

Workaholic billionaire Sawyer Carlyle was only joking when he commented to his brother that he needed a "buffer". Mainly to keep their meddling, wedding crazed mother at bay. But when his brother actually posts and ad and he has someone applying he's intrigued. He's always thought of himself as the king of negotiating but he realizes
Konny
Apr 14, 2017 Konny rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.
Meet a master at negotiation when he meets his own master at this art.

The Negotiator by Avery Flynn is a stand-alone full-length romance novel with a HEA.
Meet Sawyer Carlyle, a 32 year old CEO of Carlyle Enterprises who lives and breathes for his work.
His brother puts a ad for a " personal buffer " up and Clover Lee, a adventurous free spirit but also down to earth answers it. He hires her on the spot and now the fun begins.
I loved how Clover calls him on his wrong doings. And
Antonella
May 01, 2017 Antonella rated it it was amazing
Sweet, funny, opposite attract romance.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It has everything I hoped to find in good romance book.

After workaholic Sawyer has to hire personal buffer to stop his mother to marry him off(because he is allready married - to his job) said buffer Clover soon becomes fake fiance...And that is the beginning of sweet, funny, steamy romance with amazingly good ending.
I loved Clover. I love her free spirit and her mind she is portrayed as very bright and quick witted.

I haven'
Susie Varner
Apr 14, 2017 Susie Varner rated it it was amazing
I think you hit a home run with this book. Clover Lee is now officially my favorite heroine. I loved the fact that this was not your typical poor girl meets billionaire who comes in and saves the day. Clover Lee is in a class of her own. She made me laugh and at times made me cry. Sawyer wasn't your typical rich hero either. Their negotiating really was the best part.
Alina Ioana
Apr 25, 2017 Alina Ioana rated it it was ok
I really need to stop getting books because of the cover.

I don't have much to say about this book since I skipped most of it. I did not understand why his mother kept pushing girls at her son but as soon as he chooses one she accuses her of being a gold digger. I mean, really? Didn't she know the women she chose were the same? It was annoying how Clover kept using foreign language and we weren't told what the heck she was saying.

Astrila
May 21, 2017 Astrila rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The book synopsis seemed promising but the book was anything but it.

First, the author attempted to seem worldly in her knowledge of other countries/languages but failed. Singapore for instance is a first world country with English being the language of instruction in the country. Yes we do speak other languages but English is the first language of most people. If you've got an education in Singapore, you would know that it is all in English other than if you were learning a foreign language rel
 ◤Husnah◢
May 15, 2017 ◤Husnah◢ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads, reviewed
4 Stars

The Negotiator was an easy going read with great characters. Sawyer Carlyle an arrogant CEO who only cares about The Carlyle Enterprises and nothing else in life made his mother starts finding a wife campaign for him. His brother Hudson helps in by playing a prank on Sawyer, placing an ad about needing a personal buffer and that's where Jane "Clover" Lee enters the picture by applying for the personal buffer job. Clover is not your typical woman. She has a deep thirst for adventure and
Debbie Collins
May 06, 2017 Debbie Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Negotiator is the first book that I have read by Avery Flynn, and not only did I enjoy it, I also highly recommend it to anyone who loves romantic comedy. This is one of those books that will make you laugh out loud, swoon, and totally fall in love with the characters.
Sawyer Carlyle is a billionaire workaholic, he eats, breathes, and sleeps work. He doesn't have time for his mother who is trying her best to find him a wife, but he also doesn't have the heart to hurt her feelings. His brother

“saying Daphne was a worrywart was like saying soccer players’ legs were a thing of jaw-dropping, panty-melting goodness. It was just a fact of life.” 0 likes
“hot, dirty, and multi-orgasmic kind. “Cavolo,” 0 likes