Start by marking “The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)

The Negotiator (Harbor City #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  2,477 Ratings  ·  261 Reviews
Wanted: Personal Buffer

Often snarly, workaholic executive seeks “buffer” from annoying outside distractions AKA people. Free spirits with personal boundary issues, excessive quirks, or general squeamishness need not apply. Salary negotiable. Confidentiality required.

Workaholic billionaire Sawyer Carlyle may have joked he needed a “buffer” from their marriage-obsessed mom,
Published April 24th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Contemporary)

Claire Robinson
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entangled
4 - "You're you and I'm me..." Stars!

Hang on to your knickers ladies, the Carlyle brothers are in town, and boy do they know how to endear themselves to you.

Although The Negotiator gives us Sawyer’s story, I was just as intrigued by Hudson, and will say straight off the bat that I hope the author has his story in the pipeline especially after the little tease she left us dangling with in the epilogue for this story.

"I never would have guessed you didn’t have any experience working with your han
Beth
A rich brotherly prank between the Carlyle family, leads to the free-spirited Clover Lee to apply for a position as Sawyer Carlyle buffer between himself and his mother. Sawyer’s mother has plans to get him married off and is throwing every socialite she can find at him. While Sawyer just want to focus on business and growing his family’s legacy.

Appearing as complete opposites, the chemistry between Sawyer and Clover makes for highly entertaining reading. Not only are Clover quirks laugh out lou
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Oh boy … did the negotiator suck. NO, NOT THE BOOK, the negotiator himself. He was out-witted, out-talked and, definitely, out-maneuvered by one hell of a smart, sexy and funny woman. Sawyer Carlyle met his match when he met Clover Lee and she let him know it every chance she got.

I loved this story … I laughed, cursed and then laughed some more as the story unfolded. Jane “Clover” Lee was magnificent. Sawyer Carlyle was an ass. But, when they got together and negotiated the terms of their agreem
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Negotiator' by Avery Flynn. This is the story of Jane "Clover" Lee and Sawyer Carlyle.
Clover has applied for the job of 'buffer' that Sawyer's brother put in the paper. Clover likes to be independent and doesn't want a permanent job. So with those two things she has ended up doing a lot of odd jobs like a 'snake milker'. So Clover thinks this will be the next new experience for her.
Sawyer is the oldest son of a very large business that is family owned. His father has died about three year
Rejane
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as not-interested
The ignorance of some...
Great review here. And I sympathize with her. I've seen many times my language and country being completely wrong portrayed with ridiculous translation and wrong information.

☕ Kimberly
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caffeinated Dates with The Negotiator

First Date: I loved how our first date began and right away I adored, quirky, activist and adventurer Jane "Clover" Lee. Sawyers Mom has decided he needs to be wed and has been driving him crazy with a parade of potential partners. Mrs. Carlye is a force and Sawyer's younger brother unbeknownst to him decides to help him out by running an ad for a personal buffer. The set up is hilarious and how Clover got the job had me grinning and settling in.

Second Da
Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡

I don't have much of a review in me for this.
I was kinda disappointed. It felt like a big, that's it?, more than anything.

For a book that's called, The Negotiator, there wasn't a lot of negotiating. Sad, cause that was my favourite part of the entire book. Clover outsmarting and beating Sawyer at his own game.
Apart from the masterful negotiating it was pretty run of the mill really, I did like that final proposal though, kinda daring. xD
Ah yes. The steam was high in this one. :P
Not sure if that
Lua
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
I'm afraid there was a general sense of superficiality that made it hard to me to get to the end of the story.
When I read the blurb I really though I've found a story that would entertain me for a few carefree hours. It couldn't keep my interest alive instead.
Beanimous
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF 13%.

This is one of those superficial books that is all about the superficial. Good looking rich powerful hero that looks good on paper, whom is arrogant, conceited, self-important and weak. (I mean, he is a grown men who needs a female to run interference with his mum......hand packed much? Sorry, a Mummy's boy gets all the disdain from me.)

Flaky heroine whom is weak, inconsistent and insecure.

I understand this is fiction, but I find it annoying when the plots doesn't make logical sense, and
MsChris1161
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed, netgalley
I thoroughly enjoyed THE NEGOTIATOR by Avery Flynn and highly recommend it. The premise, is basically the fake engagement (so the busy workaholic billionaire can avoid his mother's marriage traps) where two people who seem opposite in every way are perfect for one another and eventually find their unexpected HEA.

Sawyer Carlyle is the oldest son who feels the full weight of the responsibility of his family and of his family's business after his father's recent and unexpected passing. His mother
Astrila
May 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The book synopsis seemed promising but the book was anything but it.

First, the author attempted to seem worldly in her knowledge of other countries/languages but failed. Singapore for instance is a first world country with English being the language of instruction in the country. Yes we do speak other languages but English is the first language of most people. If you've got an education in Singapore, you would know that it is all in English other than if you were learning a foreign language rel
Irene

The Negotiator was such a good read.
I loved the storyline, the characters Sawyer and Clover were fun, sweet, quirky, passionate and watching their relationship develop kept me turning the pages, loved them!

description

Sawyer and Clover were both such wonderful and entertaining characters.
They made me laugh, they made me sad, they touched my soul with their honesty and heart and they frustrated me with their stubbornness.
These two were total opposites but the more time they spent together the more
Shayna
New to me author, Avery Flynn blew me away with her latest release, THE NEGOTIATOR. This was such a FUN, ENTERTAINING, and SEXY read! I was surprised how quickly I fell for Sawyer and Clover. Two VERY different personalities coming together and developing something truly special. This was truly some unputdownable goodness!

"Sawyer Carlyle, are you trying to flatter your way into my panties?"

"Are you even wearing any?"
Quick wit, hilarious banter, and sizzling hot chemistry made this a romance y
Juanita
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a story with bantering
Maddy's Reading
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I was looking forward to reading this book coz the blurb had me hooked and I was not disappointed!!
Clover Lee is a free bird. She loves traveling around the world with no strings attached. When she's hired by Sawyer to act as a buffer between him and his marriage-focused mother, it's just a job financing her upcoming trip to Australia.
By evening though, she's his fake fiancé. I love these tropes. Well they are scorching hot together but so wildly different as people. Can they overcome their ide
Elaine
This is a laugh out loud, sweet romance which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Sawyer Carlyle is a workaholic billionaire whose mother is determined to have married to one of the young ladies she keeps introducing him to. He loves his Mum but struggles to get her to let him lead his life how he wants - and preferably without all the potential bridal candidates she keeps presenting to him. His brother advertises for someone to act as a buffer, someone to prevent those endeavouring to distract him from his w
Bea  Charmed
This book is truth in advertising, it really is a hot romantic comedy. It's sexy, steamy, yet sweet and funny. It was my first Avery Flynn story but it won't be my last. "The Negotiator" was a fun, fast read that also had a serious side, dealing with family expectations and how adult children view and interact with their parents, or as Clover puts it, dealing with "serious mommy issues".

Clover and Sawyer are opposites in some ways and similar in others. They both love negotiating, not just big b
Jessica Alcazar
um ... so this was cute but .... I couldn't connect with the story. plus ... the whole foreign language turrets thing was distracting and I didn't see the point. I mean the girl just spewed random foreign words out of her mouth at random times and none it made sense to me. also ... a little research on the whole what language foreign countries actually speak wouldn't hurt before you write that into a story.

spoiler alert: Malay is NOT the main language of Singapore so why would it be useful in n
Heather andrews
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved the lady balls Clover had, she didn't take crap from anyone especially Sawyer, “don’t complain about what I wear,” she said, her voice tight and a little higher than normal. “It’s not like most people who specialize in temp jobs have closets full of ball gowns and formal dresses.” I liked that Clover could drive Sawyer crazy, “eff this.” He pushed back from his desk and strode to the door. This was his house. He could tell her to be silent. Order her, really. He was the boss." I absolute
C
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: totally-safe
4/5
Safe read
I really enjoyed this book!!

-Great build up from connection >Lust >Love
-H not a man whore
-neither are virgins
-No ow Drama
-push and pull
-h was fantastic! Super funny and kept H on his toes
-loved how the mother was so set against her then 100% on her side
-h was sassy and tough!
-HEA with epilogue ( but I wanted more!!)

Nellie Rivera
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was cute! I fell in love with Sawyer and Clover. Sawyer needed a buffer to save him from his matchmaking mama. So his crazy brother, sends an add for someone, to come to his rescue. Enter Clover, she needs a temporary position so that she can save money to go to Australia. Sawyer is about to send all the buffers in his office away, since he thinks it ridiculous and that he does not need one, but when his mother enters with two candidates, Clover gets up and sends his mother away. Sawye ...more
Dísir
A workaholic billionaire needs to keep his mother off his heels, especially when the search for a wife gets tiring, tedious and damn inconvenient. The solution? A personal buffer, an off-the-cuff job ad that brings the unlikeliest of candidates to his office and into his life, in an effort to throw off the women his snooty mother keeps shoving at him.

From a personal buffer (sounds like a flaky job opening I’d probably apply for after losing my life’s calling) to a hurried, fake engagement, Clov
Rachel
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Avery Flynn kicks of a new series with The Negotiator and if you are looking for a book with the perfect amount of fun, steam and romance then look no further because this is the book for you.

I fully admit to devouring this book twice since I got it and I’m fighting the urge to pick it and read it again, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book. So much so I’m having trouble writing this review because I don’t think I can do it justice.

The Negotiator is so much fun to read that it should come with a warn
Elizabeth
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, eram, arc
This was a cute take on the "fake relationship" trope.
Sawyer works way too much and is more than a little clueless when it comes to women. He desperately wants to avoid the set ups his mother keeps creating for him and his brother "helps" by posting an add for a "personal buffer" and screens the candidates - all men and 1 Clover Lee.
I enjoyed these two together! Clover helped bring Sawyer out of his workaholic world and show him there could be more to life at the same time he showed h
Yamina
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
“ Everyone knows I’m not a man who waits when I’ve decided what I want”

I really enjoyed reading The Negotiator . Sawyer and Clover were fantastic, endearing and entertaining!

Sawyer is a successful business man who is fierce and gets always what he wants. However, he has one weakness… his mum.
His mum is desperate to find him the perfect fiancée, despite the fact that Sawyer has no interest at all. His brother Hudson decides to find a buffer for him.Clover applies and immediately clicks with S
Nanou
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
L'histoire est certes pas des plus originales, mais j'ai bien aimé. Les héros sont loin d'être parfaits, ils évoluent... c'est meugnon, lui c'est le bachelor le plus en vue et il porte des lunettes (et pas juste pour faire geek) et elle, elle jure dans toutes les langues xD

Le tome 2 est sur le petit frère sarcastique et je vais me jeter dessus illico !
Hillary Overton
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was actually a pretty good book. I liked the idea of "workaholic" Sawyer was brought down a notch by Clover ❤ I loved Clover and her "free-spirit", I mean in all honesty who doest love Flea Market Flip, lol 😘
Flo Grugel
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and Easy read with a sweet ending.
Bibi
Sep 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: borrowed-library
Bleh.... DNF @ 70%
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
It all begins with a prank by his brother and brings together two very opposite people in an unlikely relationship.

Sawyer Carlyle lives and breathes the family business and has since he could walk and his mother's schemes to get him married off are becoming unbearable, but with the recent loss of his father it's difficult for him to tell her off strongly and risk hurting her. Enter his younger brother with what starts as a prank but ends up being the answer to Sawyer's prayer.

Clover Lee enjoys

Harbor City (2 books)
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
“saying Daphne was a worrywart was like saying soccer players’ legs were a thing of jaw-dropping, panty-melting goodness. It was just a fact of life.” 1 likes
“hot, dirty, and multi-orgasmic kind. “Cavolo,” 1 likes