Start by marking “The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)

The Negotiator

(Harbor City #1)

Wanted: Personal Buffer

Often snarly, workaholic executive seeks buffer from annoying outside distractions AKA people. Free spirits with personal boundary issues, excessive quirks, or general squeamishness need not apply. Salary negotiable. Confidentiality required.

Workaholic billionaire Sawyer Carlyle may have joked he needed a buffer from their marriage-obsessed mom, but
Published April 24th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Contemporary)

To ask other readers questions about The Negotiator, please sign up.
PetraEva Well ladies, my guess is that the model is Kamil Nizinski or at least looks like him :)…moreWell ladies, my guess is that the model is Kamil Nizinski or at least looks like him :) (less)

Start your review of The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)
Beth
A rich brotherly prank between the Carlyle family, leads to the free-spirited Clover Lee to apply for a position as Sawyer Carlyle buffer between himself and his mother. Sawyers mother has plans to get him married off and is throwing every socialite she can find at him. While Sawyer just want to focus on business and growing his familys legacy.

Appearing as complete opposites, the chemistry between Sawyer and Clover makes for highly entertaining reading. Not only are Clover quirks laugh out loud
Claire Robinson
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entangled
4 - "You're you and I'm me..." Stars!

Hang on to your knickers ladies, the Carlyle brothers are in town, and boy do they know how to endear themselves to you.

Although The Negotiator gives us Sawyers story, I was just as intrigued by Hudson, and will say straight off the bat that I hope the author has his story in the pipeline especially after the little tease she left us dangling with in the epilogue for this story.

"I never would have guessed you didnt have any experience working with your hands
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Oh boy did the negotiator suck. NO, NOT THE BOOK, the negotiator himself. He was out-witted, out-talked and, definitely, out-maneuvered by one hell of a smart, sexy and funny woman. Sawyer Carlyle met his match when he met Clover Lee and she let him know it every chance she got.

I loved this story I laughed, cursed and then laughed some more as the story unfolded. Jane Clover Lee was magnificent. Sawyer Carlyle was an ass. But, when they got together and negotiated the terms of their agreement,
Astrila
May 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The book synopsis seemed promising but the book was anything but it.

First, the author attempted to seem worldly in her knowledge of other countries/languages but failed. Singapore for instance is a first world country with English being the language of instruction in the country. Yes we do speak other languages but English is the first language of most people. If you've got an education in Singapore, you would know that it is all in English other than if you were learning a foreign language
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️
I don't have much of a review in me for this.
I was kinda disappointed.
It felt like a big, that's it? more than anything.

For a book that's called, The Negotiator, there wasn't a lot of negotiating. Sad, cause that was my favourite part of the entire book. Clover outsmarting and beating Sawyer at his own game.
Apart from the masterful negotiating it was pretty run of the mill really, I did like that final proposal though, kinda daring. xD

Ah yes. The steam was high in this one. :P
Not sure if
Beanimous
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF 13%.

This is one of those superficial books that is all about the superficial. Good looking rich powerful hero that looks good on paper, whom is arrogant, conceited, self-important and weak. (I mean, he is a grown men who needs a female to run interference with his mum......hand packed much? Sorry, a Mummy's boy gets all the disdain from me.)

Flaky heroine whom is weak, inconsistent and insecure.

I understand this is fiction, but I find it annoying when the plots doesn't make logical sense,
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Negotiator' by Avery Flynn. This is the story of Jane "Clover" Lee and Sawyer Carlyle.
Clover has applied for the job of 'buffer' that Sawyer's brother put in the paper. Clover likes to be independent and doesn't want a permanent job. So with those two things she has ended up doing a lot of odd jobs like a 'snake milker'. So Clover thinks this will be the next new experience for her.
Sawyer is the oldest son of a very large business that is family owned. His father has died about three
Rejane
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as not-interested
The ignorance of some...
Great review here. And I sympathize with her. I've seen many times my language and country being completely wrong portrayed with ridiculous translation and wrong information.

Chan
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was okay. It wasnt an I have to know what happens next kind of story, but it wasnt horrible. It had moments that were good, but the pacing of the story was off. There was dead air moments and it needed something to keep the readers intrigued. Also, some of the angst was too fabricated and fell flat.

It had a good start and I liked the quirkiness of Clover. It was a nice quick read. It was enjoyable.
Giorgia ~ Reads

A typical rom-com. Not one of the best but definitely not the worst.
☕️Kimberly
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caffeinated Dates with The Negotiator

First Date: I loved how our first date began and right away I adored, quirky, activist and adventurer Jane "Clover" Lee. Sawyers Mom has decided he needs to be wed and has been driving him crazy with a parade of potential partners. Mrs. Carlye is a force and Sawyer's younger brother unbeknownst to him decides to help him out by running an ad for a personal buffer. The set up is hilarious and how Clover got the job had me grinning and settling in.

Second
Syndi
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
So so reading. I was hoping for more sassy from Clover. More free spirited. I want more flirty banter, more steam on the sex. And Sawyer as a tough negotiator seems always lose on everything. Even with his mother.

And i think the author not done a thorough research on the countries mention on the book.

Overal this is OK read.

3 stars
Alla
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this one.
I listened to the audio version of it and the narrator did a good job, I enjoyed it.
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
The Negotiator kept me company with laughter and steam on my way to and from work. Fun, hot and feisty, it kept things light.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
The Negotiator helped me laugh while commuting - which is not that frequent an occurrence really. I leave the house before it's light out, and arrive very early at work to prepare things. Getting prepared with Sawyer and Clover made everything lighter.

Because his mom was always setting him up with
MsChris1161
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, reviewed, own, netgalley
I thoroughly enjoyed THE NEGOTIATOR by Avery Flynn and highly recommend it. The premise, is basically the fake engagement (so the busy workaholic billionaire can avoid his mother's marriage traps) where two people who seem opposite in every way are perfect for one another and eventually find their unexpected HEA.

Sawyer Carlyle is the oldest son who feels the full weight of the responsibility of his family and of his family's business after his father's recent and unexpected passing. His mother
Jessica Alcazar
um ... so this was cute but .... I couldn't connect with the story.

plus ... the whole foreign language turrets thing was distracting, and I didn't see the point.
I mean the girl just spewed random foreign words out of her mouth at random times and none it made sense to me.
also ... a little research on the whole what language foreign countries actually speak wouldn't hurt before you write that into a story.

spoiler alert: Malay is NOT the main language of Singapore so why would it be useful in
C
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5
Safe read
I really enjoyed this book!!

-Great build up from connection >Lust >Love
-H not a man whore
-neither are virgins
-No ow Drama
-push and pull
-h was fantastic! Super funny and kept H on his toes
-loved how the mother was so set against her then 100% on her side
-h was sassy and tough!
-HEA with epilogue ( but I wanted more!!)

Christy Bailey
Good read

Good storyline with some laugh out loud moments. This book seemed to drag on a bit towards the end but it was still a good read
Els
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely feel good story.
Juanita
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a story with bantering
Irene

The Negotiator was such a good read.
I loved the storyline, the characters Sawyer and Clover were fun, sweet, quirky, passionate and watching their relationship develop kept me turning the pages, loved them!

description

Sawyer and Clover were both such wonderful and entertaining characters.
They made me laugh, they made me sad, they touched my soul with their honesty and heart and they frustrated me with their stubbornness.
These two were total opposites but the more time they spent together the more
Liz
Fake fiance, billionaire, CEO romance + free-spirited, globe-trotting confident heroine = funny, drama-filled, lust-driven story

No shy virgins
No manwhore (even though he does talk a big game)
Ok epilogue
Sara
Aug 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this. Cute & interesting fake fiancé story..dragged a bit in a few areas & a little repetitive. If you are multicultural a few things will annoy you but for me it wasnt enough to lose interest. The random burst of speaking in another language from the heroine was very weird & didnt prove nothing that she was worldly. ...more
Shayna
New to me author, Avery Flynn blew me away with her latest release, THE NEGOTIATOR. This was such a FUN, ENTERTAINING, and SEXY read! I was surprised how quickly I fell for Sawyer and Clover. Two VERY different personalities coming together and developing something truly special. This was truly some unputdownable goodness!

"Sawyer Carlyle, are you trying to flatter your way into my panties?"

"Are you even wearing any?"
Quick wit, hilarious banter, and sizzling hot chemistry made this a romance
Maddy's Reading
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I was looking forward to reading this book coz the blurb had me hooked and I was not disappointed!!
Clover Lee is a free bird. She loves traveling around the world with no strings attached. When she's hired by Sawyer to act as a buffer between him and his marriage-focused mother, it's just a job financing her upcoming trip to Australia.
By evening though, she's his fake fiancé. I love these tropes. Well they are scorching hot together but so wildly different as people. Can they overcome their
Elizabeth Neal
Sawyer, and his younger brother, Hudson, are relieved to see their Mom has begun to act like her normal self again after mourning their Dad. Unfortunately, her new focus is finding Sawyer a wife, and she has no qualms completely hijacking him whenever possible with candidates. Hudson, through his laughter, decides to act on a drunken statement of Sawyer's and places an ad for a buffer. Yeah, that sounds kinky LOL, but it's literal. The new employee can stop the brigade of boring women, and ...more
Luzie
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain SPOILERS!
The plot sounded really promising, but was just filled with too many cliches! Starting off this book, I was really intrigued by the promise of a witty and bantry romance, but in the end I was just too busy rolling my eyes at the various cliches of an office romance. The fact that the love interest, Sawyer Carlyle, needed soo long to open up made me realize that in the end I was just too indifferent about him to really get into this story. Clover was nice, and
Elaine
This is a laugh out loud, sweet romance which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Sawyer Carlyle is a workaholic billionaire whose mother is determined to have married to one of the young ladies she keeps introducing him to. He loves his Mum but struggles to get her to let him lead his life how he wants - and preferably without all the potential bridal candidates she keeps presenting to him. His brother advertises for someone to act as a buffer, someone to prevent those endeavouring to distract him from his
Nicole P
This is my first book by Avery Flynn, and I enjoyed every minute of it. She's definitely going to become an automatic one-click author for me. Sawyer Carlyle, workaholic billionaire, is perfectly content in his I-see-the-bigger-picture life. Unfortunately his mother has gotten it into her head that her oldest son needs a wife. So she sends a steady parade of potential socialite candidates his way. He dodges and dives but nothing seems to deter his Mom until a joke ad placed by his younger ...more
Thenia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The opposites-attract story of two emotionally constipated people who finally get out of their own way and let themselves be happy.

Sawyer, a man whose whole life revolves around his job, has no intention of settling down with one of the many women his mother is trying to set him up with. He also has no intention of doing what his brother suggests and hiring a "buffer" between him and his mother.

He changes his mind, however, when Clover, a "free spirit" whose life consists of short-term

• Honey (Honey and Sugar Duet #1)
  • The Playboy
  • Just the Tip
  • The Billionaire's Fake Fiancée (Billionaires of Manhattan #4)
  • Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl (Billionaires of Manhattan, #2)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Number Neighbors
  • Sweet (Chicago Underground, #7)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Breaking the Billionaire's Rules (Billionaires of Manhattan #3)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys, #1)
  • The Bookworm's Guide to Dating (The Bookworm's Guide, #1)
  • Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3)
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #2)
  • Hate 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #2)

Harbor City (3 books)
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
  • The Schemer (Harbor City, #3)