Start by marking “Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes” as Want to Read:
Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes

Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes

(Alpha Squad #2)

Alpha Squad has received its very first assignment and recruit Adam King is excited to jump head-first into the action. When the team arrive in the shifter refugee camp in Sevenoaks to investigate some attacks on the local population, the evidence seems clear: the attacker they are looking for is a shifter. And one in particular keeps popping up in suspicious circumstances ...more
Published April 7th 2017 by eXplicitTales

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Squad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha Squad

Start your review of Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Mystery, suspense, passion, sweet delight. This time around we have a big problem. Our hero, Adam, may just have to help put down his mate, Felicity. He knows deep down that she belongs to him and she could not be behind the attacks on humans. She determined to find out who was trying to frame her people for the attacks on the humans that were taking place so close to where there of unwanted shifters are located. Someone was out to get her and the shifters and make them pay for crimes they had n ...more
Sandy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes: A Bear Shifter Paranormal Romance (Kindle Edition)

A great book 2 in this series!

I am enjoying these bears of Alpha Squad! This book focuses on Adam and his accidental, but fated meeting with his future mate while on the first official assignment of Alpha Squad. Well-written and engaging, this story is sweet, yet moderately sexy, with a HEA that I always enjoy in a pleasurable read. My only disappointment is that I read it so fast! I look forward
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Super short story really, but I had no interest in the story what-so-ever so it took forever to read.
I did't like the first book very much either, but I did say I would give the series a try.
Mommaleena
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ALPHA SQUAD #2: Friends & Foes (A Steamy Bear Shifter Paranormal Romance) by Lorelei Moone
• Investigation
What an amazing continuation of the Alpha Squad series.This is a spin off from the ending of Lorelei's amazing Scottish Werebears series. Once you start reading you can't put them down! Please note this is Book 2 in the Alpha Squad series, however each of the Alpha Squad stories is its own standalone HEA love story. To start at the beginning, see Alpha Squad #1: Boot Camp.
Alpha Squads first
Kimmie
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love books by Lorelei Moone. Now
I normally read books but since my friend got me
a subscription to audible I had to get this book.
The narrator Audrey Lusk, is amazing which only
enhances the book.

Now about the book: this story is about Adam.
If you read book one you'll know he is Eric's
brother. And this is how he met his mate Felicity.
The Alpha Squad is sent in to investigate a
murder believed to be done by a shifter. Adam
catches her scent and is compelled to give
chance. But when
Miriam
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC edition of this book from the author.

*I highly recommend reading the first book in the series as it sets up some of the background hinted at in this story (especially with regards to Adam's brother Eric).
I have not read the previous series, and there are some areas of world-building I'm assuming were covered in previous books, but not so much to leave me lost.

It was great to see the Alpha Squad on their first mission. It was interesting to see them try to work with the local p
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is book two in the series and HOLY HADES it started off with a bam! Adam is recruited for the first assignment. The shifter refugee camp in Sevenoaks is under attack and livestock is being killed and then humans are being killed. The team has to figure out who it is and there is one person who is on their radar and it's one of their own Felicity.

Adam knows it is not Felicity but he has to prove it and it is going to be hard to prove when he is emotionally invested because Adam knows that Fe
Viper Spaulding
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adam gets his own story - and his own mate - in this second installment of the Alpha Squad series. I absolutely loved the first book, but this one was even better. We have lots more action, a crime mystery to solve, and of course we have the love story as Adam and Felicity discover and explore their true mate relationship. I completely melted when reading the ending - it was so sweet, so lovingly complete. This book also gives us more details about the changes in the shifter community, and estab ...more
Nicole Normand
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from the author via AXP; this is my honest review.
I really liked the way Felicity and Adam met the first time - they didn't really meet but were both aware of the other in a strange way.
The author uses smell a lot,particularly to describe one's mate; the smell of one reminds the other of something that was pleasant in their past.
I love the whole idea of "there is physically nothing you can do about it" when it pertains to your mate. You have to go and fix everything for th
Dana Busenbark
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At the start of this second book of the series, we find ourselves heading to a place called Sevenoaks. Where is that and what is happening there? Who is Felicity and what does she do? Who is this anonymous person she keeps getting phone calls from? Why her? Adam's reaction is funny when he notices a look between Eric and Janine. What happens? Thngs get interesting when Detectives Nye and MacMillan come into the picture. Who is Victor Domnall? What group does he lead? When Felicity gets arrested, ...more
Medavis66
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Now that Eric has found his mate, it looks like it's Adam's turn. What timing. In the middle of their first gig, he catches the scent and tracks down...his mate?! Felicity is in Sevenoakes trying to help the shifters there at a small camp. When trouble shows up, it looks like things might point in Felicity's direction. But, she wouldn't hurt fellow shifters. Now Adam is on scene and that really throws her for a loop. Maybe together, along with Eric's help, they can figure out what is going on be ...more
Emily Dickson
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adam and Felicity were great to read about. Adam choosing his mate over the squad was a great touch to the story. This was a fun and quick read which continued with Alpha squad and could be read alone.
Tracy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I liked how the story wasn't just a rehash of the last book where Adam and Felicitys relationship was concerned.
The introduction of the new baddies was an interesting twist.
I'm looking forward to the next book.

I received an Arc of this book but any opinions are honest and my own.
Eunice Robertson
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series, and just as exciting and full of action and romance as the first. Recommend reading both. (I voluntarily reviewed this free ebook).
Dmcl
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good, quick read

Fast paced second installment of the Alpha Squad series sees Adam and his newly discovered mate, Felicity, in the middle of a murder investigation that is being pinned on local Shifter refugees. Working outside of the Alpha Squad, they find the evidence that exonerates the Shifter community and leads to a fated mates HEA. A good quick read.
C. Erani Kole
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, military
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from IndieSage PR*

I liked the first book, but this one was pretty exciting. A murder mystery, a call to the Alpha Squad, a reluctant small town that's still struggling to accept the fact that shifters are among us. This deals with a lot of prejudice, ignorant or abusive officials, and gets complimented with a pretty interesting plot, a sweet connection and an overall entertaining reading experience.

Adam is a total sweetheart and a bit of a pl
T.M. Payne
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book: Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes
Author: Lorelei Moone
Publication Date: 4/7/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
This is the second book in this series. We met Adam back in book one when he and his brother were joining Alpha Squad.
Alpha Squad is sent out on their first mission. However, someone is killing, brutally murdering not only animals but humans? The first place the authorities are looking to is the shifter refugee camp in Sevenoaks.

Felicity is a strong
Petula
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Alpha Squad are on their way to their first proper mission. They are a mixed team of humans and shutters who work to solve crimes that may involve shifters.
Adam King is a bear shifter on the team and as soon as they get to the scene all his instincts kick in to high gear.
Felicity Weir is a bear shifter who has been working as a volunteer at the nearby refugee camp. Now there have been murders near the camp and everyone is suspect.
This is a great murder mystery with danger, corruption and
Tammy
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book!! It held my attention from beginning til end and it was a very interesting murder mystery!! There's some hot sex, a good story and it won't take you long to read!! I definitely recommend this book and for a better background make sure you read book 1. There's an HEA but I am really looking forward to more books in this series!!! Enjoy!!
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Why I picked this story up:
A two against the world romance sounds good to me. =)

What I found:
I can summarize this story in a single word: cute. The characters were likable, but not extraordinary, definitively on the sweet side. The plotline was solid, relatively suspenseful, yet a tad too obvious and unfortunately not even close to what I expected it to be from the sooooo suspense-promising blurb. The writing wasn't gripping but I don't think every story needs to be. It wasn't particularly deep,
She Hearts Books
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-heart-shifters
I was really excited to read this book by Lorelei. The premise of a group of shifters banded together to fight bad guys intrigued me. Then add a love story and a bit of suspense and I was hooked. I really love that Lorelei created such strong and sassy female characters and Felicity is definitely all that. I loved that Adam was ready to stand by his mate from the moment they meet and they share some serious steam. I so enjoyed their story.

I give Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes 4 hearts!
Jenny Harris
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this book we meet Felicity Weir and Adam King. Adam is a part of the new Alpha Squad and is anxious to get onto his first assignment. He knows that there is something going on with this assignment he can feel it on the air. Plus the diversity of his group leads him to wonder what will happen next. However when they go out to the site of one of the murders things become a little clearer of why he is feeling something is in the air. He doesn’t know at first what it is about this woman but he is ...more
Bunny
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting shifter romance with a bit of murder mystery thrown in, I loved the lead characters they where fun and interesting and the whole story had an smooth flow that made it easy to read, If you enjoy a good alpha shifter romance with a sweet and intelligent heroine, then I am sure you will enjoy this book.
This book is part of a series but can easily be read as a standalone. I look forward to reading more by this author.

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily ch
Brandi Elliott
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this book we meet new characters named Adam & Felicity. Adam is of course the hero of this story. This story has EVERYTHING including suspense, emotion, & romance. Another very intriguing "paranormal" type romance novel based on shifters & of course their refugee camp. I also highly recommend this book to any1. I am certain you will enjoy it just as I have. ...more
M.K.
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved this book. When I read I didn't realize it was a second book but it was so good! Adam is on the Alpha Squad and he just knows something is up with their first legit mission. Felicity is Adam's mate but she just may be the prime suspect! A fun read!
Cheryl Montgomery-Nolan
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. It is a story about bear shifters Felicity and Adam, who are obviously mates. They hear each others thoughts and feel each others feelings. Then she gets arrested for murder. He clears her name and saves the day. Great love story!
LaGina
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This author is one of my go to when I am in a reading funk and she always seems to be able to pull me out and get me back into reading again. I didnt read this first book but it didnt take away the enjoyment I got out of reading about Adam & Felicity. ...more
Lenna  Wright-Berry
I didn't feel a real big connection to this story like I did with the others, it was very sweet romance but the 'whams' wasn't much. Not much of a drama happening. Wasn't as good as the others.

ARC was voluntarily exchanged for a honest review
Raina Collins
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun romantic shifter read. This one has some detective work in it that makes the story more fun and sometimes funny. The Adam, the main male, just makes you smile with how he treats Felicity. And Felicity has a huge heart and tries to see the best in everything. Put the two together and you have a really cute couple. And don't forget that they are bear shifters. But there is always a human that hates anyone different and will do anything to destroy them.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy

• The Red Dragon's Baby (Shifter Dads, #1)
  • When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1)
  • Tempting His Mate (Crescent Moon, #3)
  • Force of Temptation (The Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Sold To The Berserkers (Berserker Saga, #1)
  • Team: Tiger
  • Alpha Owned
  • Howl My Name (Grayslake, #5)
  • Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • Taken By The Alpha (Timber Valley Pack #5)
  • Bride Of The Alpha (Timber Valley Pack #1)
  • Inconceivable (Tate Pack, #2)
  • Mars (MC Bear Mates, #1)
  • Mated To The Berserkers (Berserker Saga, #2)
  • The Mating Game (The Omega Auction Chronicles, #3)
  • Scarlet (Alpha Marked, #1)
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
Lorelei Moone is an author of paranormal romance based in London. A lover of all things sweet and caffeinated, when she's not writing about sexy bear shifters and their strong-willed curvaceous love interests, Lorelei can be found baking cookies or cakes for her family.

She got her start writing bear shifters in the well received Scottish Werebear series (2015-2016), and its spin-off, Alpha Squad (

Alpha Squad (4 books)