Start by marking “Catholic Education: Homeward Bound: A Useful Guide to Catholic Home Schooling” as Want to Read:
Catholic Education: Homeward Bound: A Useful Guide to Catholic Home Schooling

Catholic Education: Homeward Bound: A Useful Guide to Catholic Home Schooling

Two home schooling mothers offer advice on home schooling.
Published February 1st 1996 by Ignatius Press

Dorothy Oneil
Jan 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: education
If it were 1996 I would have given the book 5 stars. With all the new curriculum out, I don't know that the choices mentioned in this book are still the best ones out there. Still, this is an excellent book for the first time Catholic Homeschooler in that it gives a realistic idea of how 2 families homeschool their children.
Leila Chandler
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I hate to give such a low rating to a book by Kimberly Hahn, but I did not enjoy this book. I think it was poorly titled, because only about 1/3 of it is actually useful advice for homeschooling. And in that third there are some good things, including the great bibliography in the back. But the other two-thirds of the book are about why you should homeschool (I wanted to read a book about how to homeschool, not why to) and some basics about the Catholic faith (not sure why that was in there. I a ...more
Teri
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Sometimes Kimberly Hahn is hard for me to live up to, but I love her just the same. I finished the book with a sense that I could handle homeschooling but I knew I'd need the perspective of other resources as well.
Heather
This is another slightly out-dated book on Catholic homeschooling, but I enjoyed it a lot more than Mary Kay Clark's book, Catholic Homeschooling. The chapters were divided up nicely into major areas of discussion, especially for those contemplating homeschooling. Easy to jump around the topic or question that is weighing on you. The resource list in the back of the book is very out-dated by today's standards.
Catherine
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: homeschooling
This is an excellent overview of the philosophical and theological foundations of Catholic homeschooling. The resources mentioned are out of date, since the book is almost 20 years old. It would be great if the authors, whose kids have all graduated now, could do an update on the book.
Anne
A bit outdated now, but still encouraging.
TheRose
Sep 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Catholics, homeschoolers, parents
Shelves: education
The best book out there for an introduction to Catholic homeschooling.
Tricia Jennings
May 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great tips for homeschooling from a Catholic perspective.
Luis and Shana Ortega
May 10, 2014
Catherine
Mar 29, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mrs. Kimberly Hahn has been married to Scott since 1979. They have six children: Michael, Gabriel, Hannah, Jeremiah, Joseph, and David. Kimberly has been a full-time, stay-at-home Mom since their firstborn’s arrival. Currently, she home schools her younger children. She enjoys speaking with Scott, but ministry is a priority after family commitments.

Kimberly became a Catholic at the Easter Vigil of