Start by marking “Tricky Chances: The Clinical Years (Tricky, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tricky Chances: The Clinical Years (Tricky, #2)

Tricky Chances: The Clinical Years

(The Tricky Series #2)

Moving into the final years of Harvard Medical School, Darcy Wright matures with every fatigue-riddled experience she endures, however, the rigorous schedule of clinical rotations clashes with her attempts to navigate her sanity and her happiness. Olivia, her temperamental girlfriend with too many rules, is an asset amidst the chaos; someone she can rely on and someone she ...more
Published March 21st 2017

Start your review of Tricky Chances: The Clinical Years (Tricky, #2)
Tiff
Tricky Wisdom was one of those books that just stayed with you. I will honestly tell you I have read it more than once. Yes, I am one of those people! What I loved about the book was how complicated and multifaceted each of the two main characters are. As the book went on you learned more about them and it didn’t help that the sexual tension was off the charts. I love a great story full of angst and bits or humor. So, with that being said I needed the sequel in my life. Thank the heavens it ...more
Diane Wallace
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great series! well written story with the same likable characters...
lov2laf
I thought this was a fantastic read and even better than the first book. I would not recommend this as a standalone just because reading the first book will offer so much more depth to this one.

Olivia and Darcy's chemistry continues to jump off the page and both characters mature through the narrative. The fact that the book takes place over several years helps to make events more organic and believable where nothing suddenly falls apart or is instantly fixed. It felt real.

Each chapter and
Bruna Accioly
IT WAS LIKE GREY'S ANATOMY BUT WITHOUT PEOPLE DYING AND HETEROSEXUALITY
Agirlcandream
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet continuation of this look at the lives of medical students Darcy, Olivia, Kara and Sam. I've enjoyed watching Olivia and Darcy's relationship blossom.
Carrie
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
You know I'm having a reading slump when my last two ratings have been 2 stars. I can't even remember the last time I've even given a 2 star before this week!

I must have listened to different books than everyone else. This Tricky series is very favorably reviewed and I just don't get it at all.

Darcy is the most annoying and frustrating character in any book I've ever read. She was so immature and over dramatic about every emotion and feeling and action. She could not figure out the proper way to
Tere
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review of ‘Tricky Wisdom: Year One’ and ‘Tricky Chances: The Clinical Years’ by Camryn Eyde

This is a double audio feature narrated by Nikki Jacobs and available now through Audible’s Escape membership.

I was thrilled to see this one come up and immediately moved it up my ‘to be listened list’. I read these two books back to back a couple of years ago (the first one was released in 2015 and the second one in 2017; can we hope for another one in 2019?) and loved them. This was the beginning of my
Lia A
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is better than prior installment. I love how far the growth of MCs.
Joc
I loved the first in the series, this one was amazing but I’m really not sure my heart can take a third in the series (fortunately it doesn’t look like it’s been written yet).

Darcy and Olivia met when they became roommates in Tricky Wisdom: Year 1 with both of them at Harvard Medical School. After a fairly rocky start they became involved and book two picks up when they start their second year and clinical rotations.

They are an odd pairing and really shouldn’t work, but they do and even when
Cristina
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought that the first book was good but this second one lets you understand the characters' souls more, especially Olivia's personality. It's amazing how the author through this journey can build a very simple story but at the same time full of complex feelings, insecurities and fears. Camryn Eyde knows how to give readers a dose of angst but at the same time quickly gives you a powerful antidote. I hope a sequel is coming very soon where we can see more about Darcy and Olivia's lives.
Kerstin
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
I finished this book yesterday night and I still dont really know how to put this experience into words. At first I was a little bit anxious as I started to read because the blurb indicated a rough time ahead for one of my favourite couples and I hoped they wouldnt break apart.

I really loved the first book Tricky Wisdom, which you should read before this one, so I had high expectations and this sequel didnt disappoint. You get right back into this world that I didnt want to put the book down and
Kennedy
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Falling in love is so different from being in love. I like the title because life and love is tricky. You can either navigate life alone or with others. Darcy chooses with others and Olivia chooses alone. Darcy Wright is quite the engaging character with her intelligence, quirkiness, deep care and concern for others. Olivia Boyd has been beaten down by life but has the determination, drive and purpose to keep going. Olivia thought and prepared to go it alone but fate and the offer of love in the ...more
Val
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book and even better than the first in the series. Darcy and Olivia are complete opposites but they compliment each other beautifully. Olivia has had a terribly hard life and it has made her defenses virtually impermeable. If anything has the power to breach those walls it will be love. And to top it all off, this book is damn funny. My compliments to the author. Great job.
Jo
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book was pretty good, this one was better . Can't wait for Darcy and Olivia in book 3 :D
Alexis
Do not read without a full box of tissues!

A few days ago i re-read book 1 of "the tricky series" which I figured would help me get back into the story as I started book 2. We meet up again with clumsy "it wasn't me" Darcy Wright and Olivia "more issues than Cosmo" Boyd. These two truly are opposites of each other but as we saw in book 1 sometimes that just works for some people.

This book was such an incredible roller coaster ride. As I expected it made me laugh so many times because Darcy is
Starsandsun18
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 didn't disappoint. It's like I'm watching reality tv. I'm with them on their journey watching them. From their ups and downs I'm there. They make me laugh, they annoy me, they make me cry, they make me cheer for them.
I think book 2 is twice longer than book 1. It's a 3 years journey on their clinical lives so watch out for too much drama.
I have so much respect with people like Olivia. Yeah, she's difficult and a lot of people usually avoided her or instantly gave her a dislike but If you
T
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Darcy and Olivia are one of my all time favorite couples. I'll probably go read the first book again now.
After this book i decided that I need to go read some other books by this author. She really mastered captivating her audience.

side note: i get frustrated when a book lists all the beta readers and editors but still has obvious mistakes. luckily i love this story enough to not let that take away a star.

pps: did we get cliffhangered at the end or did i just completely miss where Darcy is
Bugs
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
*This commentary applies to the entire Tricky series (thusfar, with I believe, the 3rd and final installment yet to be released) including Book 1 "Tricky Wisdom" and Book 2 "Tricky Chances."

Camryn Eyde's Tricky series, "Tricky Wisdom" (Book 1) and "Tricky Chances" (Book 2), essentially is a series that chronicled the personal voyage of one medical student, Darcy Wright, through her eyes and point-of-view as she stumbled her way through medical training in Harvard University and Massachusetts
Stephanie
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I couldn't stop reading it. It's funny and heartwarming and I just really liked everything about it.
Jo reece
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW!
Pam Holzner
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I give up. I just not invested, not hitched to the emotional roller coaster ride. Somewhere in the middle I became untethered. And I began to wonder who could stand to be with either character ... Eyde did a great job of showing how difficult Olivia was, but I lost sight of the wonderful. And Darcy stopped being endearing and just felt more and more like a clown.

Probably this was my own fault for buying a sequel.
Willow
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f-romance, 2017
I liked it a lot. I think the first one was better, but this one is also really good. Olivia keeps being Olivia, but with faces where you could seen how see was before the death of Jayden. And Darcy keeps being an obtuse person, a little bit self-absorbed sometimes. But the dinamic this duo have is amazing and if what makes this book work so good.
I just hope the author do not take so long publishing the third book =)
Amanda
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these books. I picked them up from amazon because I had seen another review and I am so happy I did. They were surprisingly well written and excellent reads. These are books will reread again.
Kexx
Part 2 in a 2 book series: loved the first but couldn't really crack the second. Read first five or six chapters, though, "there you go" and then the final three ending as expected.
Cindy
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutly loved this book and this serie. It was beautiful, funny en sometimes heartbreaking. I loved both of the main characters and the way their relationship developed. Definitly one of my favourite books and defenitly recommended.
JulesGP
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tricky Chances continues the story of Darcy and Olivia who are friends, lovers, and Harvard Medical Schoolmates. The author turns up the intensity in book two. Both characters have “skin in the game” and it shows and weighs them both down as they enter the world of learning to be clinicians all while trying to take their relationship to the next level.

Someone else mentioned that this second book is about conflict and how everyone approaches it differently and how everyone reacts differently. I
Emanuele
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Emanuele by: Bruna Accioly
Shelves: favorites, 2017-lgbt
Okay, I must say I am really happy that my friend Bruna recommended me this book sequel because I am head over heels for Olivia and Darcy.

The second book is more angst, deep and lovely than the first one. It also helps you to understand more about Olivia's past.

With a lot of turns and practically a roller coaster of feelings you end with a sensation of happiness and empty. Because now you feel part of the family as well. You want to know all about Taylor and Kara and Sam as well (they totally
Lisa R. Smith
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Med school romance

I loved this story. Darcy and Olivia have some rough times but in the end things work. I wonder what the future will bring for these women and their friends, hope there is at least one more book in this series. Surprisingly, there are a few to many typos and wording errors in the text, should be easy for the author to fix.

I recommend these two books to any romance fan.
Farah
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yea, after clicking the first book for 2 bucks I then noticed the 2nd book. It's was slightly expensive than the first but it was pretty long and not dragging so totally worth it. Another winner, congratulations to Ms.Eyde for keeping the momentum going. Again, t.h.e. f.e.e.l.s were there reading this beautiful story and I would love nothing more for you guys/gals to read it.
Susanne
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of medical students Darcy Wright and Olivia Boyd continues in this second instalment in the Tricky series. The witty dialogue, banter and sense of humour continues. Loved this book. However, I was a bit sad when the story came to an end and I will need to wait for the third and final book to be published (hopefully we don’t have to wait too long) to find out what happens next.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Casting Lacey
  • Breaking Character
  • Who'd Have Thought
  • The Brutal Truth

The Tricky Series (2 books)
  • Tricky Wisdom: Year I (Tricky, #1)
“Yesterday is a ghost, and tomorrow is a gift.” Those” 0 likes