Start by marking “Eventually Julie (Julie & Friends, #1)” as Want to Read:

Eventually Julie (Julie & Friends, #1)

Julie has had enough! At 27, she feels overwhelmed with the "shoulds" her family pile on her, and an office job that she detests. It doesn’t help that she’s carrying her "baggage of unfinished business" with her, weighing her down even more… making it impossible to see clearly and dig herself out of the rut her life has become.

When she finally decides to take action, a cha
Published May 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Eventually Julie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eventually Julie

Start your review of Eventually Julie (Julie & Friends, #1)
Bobby Underwood
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging and nearly bereft of the chick-lit tropes readers so often find in this genre, I found this quietly wonderful. What I mean by that is rather than showering you, it soothes, leaving a pleasant feeling. While it is a romance, that isn’t at the heart of this as much as the protagonist, Julie, moving forward, getting back in touch with her own values and expectations, rather than those of family and friends. In the process, it illuminates that we’re all, men and women, pretty much doing the ...more
Classic reverie
I had decided to read Anthea Syrokou's Eventually Julie after reading a review of the next in the series. Being methodical I had to start with the first book, especially having realised the importance of information gained that recently reading Anthony Trollope's Barchester Chronicles which brought me that epiphany.

First and foremost my choice of books are generally older but this year I have found several modern authors who I can depend on as worthwhile reading experience and Anthea Syrokou ha
Yodamom
Julie is stuck in rut, unhappy with her job, her life in general. She has been following expectations and not her heart. One day an unexpected encounter with a person from her past opens her eyes and her passport to Paris. While trying to grasp the past she is holding onto is she missing the future ? I can't tell you but we all know that sometimes things don't work out like you wanted but that doesn't mean the change isn't better.
I enjoyed the story, the trip to Paris was amazing. The details an
Liina
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 stars

Julie has had enough and decides to take control of her life. She’s lost her office job and relationship with her family isn’t the best either. When she goes to a family trip with her sister, she meets her first love Scott and as they have a past to sort out, they decide to meet again. Scott and their common university friends are going on a trip to London and Paris and Julie decided to join them. Julie and Scott finally have time for themselves and it’s the perfect moment to work out t
Nat K
3.5★s for me.

”It’s never too late to follow your dreams, right?”

Julie is a people pleaser, who keeps her feelings and ambitions in check. She’s a “good” girl, who does what she feels is “expected” of her. This is in no way a criticism of Julie, as so many of us (especially women) are hardwired this way.

A redundancy at work, and a chance encounter with her ex on a weekend away, allows Julie to take the chance on the trip of a lifetime to Paris.

These events allow Julie to spread her wings and ma
Sally906
I related to so much in EVENTUALLY JULIE – well except the romance crisis bit, I was lucky and found the right man very quickly and never wavered from him and after 41 years I’m pretty certain I made the right choice!!! BUT the relationship between Julie and her sister – is me and mine to a T!!! And the dissatisfaction with work and being too scared to make a leap of faith is also me. So the story struck a lot of chords.

And that is why this book worked for me – yes there is romance, and while it
Rambling Boho
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eventually Julie by @AntheaSyrokou ...At first, I had a bit of a hard time getting into the swing of the book, but after a while, I had a hard time putting it down. I associated with the main character, Julie quite a lot. Feeling like her life took the wrong turn, and trying to find exactly what makes her happy. It's kind of where I am now, so I really was interested on how the story played out. The characters are fun and evolve nicely. There are ups & downs, and surprising turns just like in re ...more
A.L. Kent
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read full of surprising twists and turns, this author brings her main character Julie's story of self actualization to life while including a full cast of engaging characters, from family to friends and co-workers, plus some handsome love interests.

Beautiful descriptions set the scene of Julie's daily life living in Sydney, Australia, as well as during her travels abroad to London and Paris. I enjoyed being like a fly on the wall during all of Julie's experiences, which I feel provid
Amanda
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the main character, Julie, as she struggles to find her place and passion in life. More of a chick-lit feel to it but still a fun read.
Many thanks to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Grass monster
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Blurb :
Julie has had enough! At 27, she feels overwhelmed with the ”shoulds” her family pile on her, and an office job that she detests. It doesn’t help that she’s carrying her “baggage of unfinished business” with her, weighing her down even more… making it impossible to see clearly and dig herself out of the rut her life has become.
When she finally decides to take action, a chance encounter presents her with an opportunity to deal with her messy past, so she sets off to Paris to find the a
Literary Redhead
“Eventually Julie” by Anthea Syrokou is a super fun romantic escape that takes readers to Sydney, London and of course, to Paris!

At 27, Julie has had it with the job she hates, a messy past and the “shoulds” foisted upon her by her family. When an opportunity comes to go to Paris, she jumps on it and soon finds herself entranced by the beauty and sights of the City of Light, where she opens herself to love ... only until a secret sends her back to square one.

Returning home to Sydney, she’s faced
Randy Tramp
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Enough!” says Julie.

She’s overwhelmed with the “shoulds” from her family. Tired of “shoulding on herself,” Julie takes action.

I loved this story. Here’s a woman that refuses status quo and goes for life. There’s miscommunication along the way that makes for a few comical scenes.

Then there was Paris. I felt like I was there. Taking in every word, I read slowly during this part. Lost in the sights, sounds, and smells, Paris came alive.

There was so much in this book I enjoyed, vacations, cruises
Dora Okeyo
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
All things work out if you take the time to sort them out, is what I got from this book. Julie's carried a heavy load of hurt and it's prevented her from moving on and being confident in herself and her relationships. It doesn't help that her relationship with her sister and mom is also quite rocky. When life shakes things up and she loses her job, she finally finds the strength to seek out those adventures she'd always yearned for. I liked this book, I wavered when she wavered and felt such con ...more
Jena Henry
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She couldn’t see things clearly in the present because her past wasn’t clear.

Julie, a young adult career girl from Sydney, Australia is at crossroads in her life. And she doesn’t want to be. Julie faces issues with her family and sister, she’s lost her office job through a work redundancy, and her love life is tattered. In many ways this is a coming of age story as Julie learns take control of her life. Julie has misunderstood her past. Can she now create what her life eventually should be like?
Simona
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Book provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Anthea Syrokou takes you immediately into the heart of the story with her writing. It’s engaging and relatable.

We follow 27 year-old Julie, who doesn’t like her job, has a difficult past, when it comes to relationships and many other things.

She decides to take action and travel to Europe, to see London and Paris. It makes her see clearly again and she can think about her life. I loved, how Anthea Syrokou included Paris and London in h
Pat
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life is full of many changes. Some are good and some are bad. What if you don't really like the job that you have and want something more? What if you are afraid to make the change? Then, of course, there are the co-workers who seem to want to undermine you at every turn. Enter the ex from her past. Should she give him another chance? This is what Julie is dealing with. Sometimes things are not what they seem. Sometimes you need to discover what lies beneath and then take a step forward.

I really
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
You can receive your copy here :https://www.amazon.com/Eventually-Jul...

This is an Australian author. Most books that I read that are by authors that are not from the US tend to be very different and hard to relate to, but this book was not that case. This is the first book in a three-book series, so far.
We begin the book with poor Julie struggling with her job and her overhearing that there will be layoffs. She is emba
Justine
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an inspiring and delightful read with a lot of substance. The main character, Julie, finds herself in a rut. Following the expectations of others, she needs to take control of her life and take the reins. Together with her flatmates, Cassandra and Maria, Julie decides that she will no longer play the victim.

I enjoyed so many things in this sweet and insightful novel: the warm relationships between friends, the family dynamics, and of course the romance. The relationship that Julie
Kate Rock
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anthea Syrokou

Coming of age stories happen throughout our lives, for Julie its at age 27 and she's had enough. This very relatable story of a young woman with a job she hates, her relationship with her family is strained, relationship status not good. She's one who "does what she's supposed to" and "keep things happy" with family, work and relationships. The things  women are "expected" to do in society. So many if us can relate. I know I can.
So, when she ha
A.E.M. A.E.M.
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-authors
I think we all have an Eventually moment in our lives, and that’s why I enjoyed this story that addresses the late twenties. Sometimes we forget that coming of age stories happen all throughout our lives! Thanks Anthea!
Vivian
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nicky P.
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the series, and I must say, it was such a well written book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Julie and her plight: her career and family woes, and her relationship problems. It was so interesting to see Julie in many of the interesting settings like Sydney. I felt like I was right in the heart of the city and other places I know so well. Her trip to Paris complements the novel beautifully. The descriptions of this romantic city are exceptional. However, the heart of ...more
Gail Wylde
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Overall I enjoyed this book. I loved the travel, it brought London and Paris to life. Most of the book is set in Sydney but it was the way the characters spoke that left me a bit cold. The speech was not like any of the Aussies that I have met while I was in Australia. Unless I haven’t met any posh ones!
I want to thank Net Galley for the opportunity to read this book.
Dick R. McCart
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Exhausting

I couldn't finish this book. It was self conscious and obsessive. I got a quarter of the way through with no sign of any action or Paris. The reviews are misleading. Wasted $.
Anthea Syrokou
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-publications
Franka Insinger
Sep 16, 2017
Margaret
rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2021
Amy LaFollette
May 26, 2017
Stella
Apr 06, 2021
Tien
Jun 06, 2019

• Love & Olives (Love & Gelato, #3)
  • Seeking Glory
  • Turn Your Happiness ON: How to Light up your Days and Fill your Life with Joy
  • Wrong Place Wrong Time
  • Blaze: If You Can’t Stand the Heat, Don’t Walk into the Fire (Blaze, #1)
  • The Punk and the Professor
  • Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3)
  • The Highlander Who Protected Me (Clan Kendrick #1)
  • The Marquess and the Maiden (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • Dukes by the Dozen
  • Un matrimonio di convenienza
  • Dear Santa
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
Anthea Syrokou is an author who grew up and resides in Sydney, Australia. Her love for writing was planted at a young age when she studied Greek mythology. Anthea's love for literature continued well into her teenage years when she enjoyed reading novels by many of the great English writers.

As a young adult, she immersed herself in reading women’s contemporary fiction and writing about topics, th